GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your perspective, Scarlett. It's good to hear another persons POV about what he could have been thinking.

I guess we will have to wait and see what further facts/evidence are found.

BBM

Yes, always good to hear various perspectives -- someone is always catching something I haven't!

Wait and see???? AAAAARGGGH! Patience is NOT my strong suit!

I want to reiterate I am working from the possibilities. Not from what I know or think absolutely. I am still weighing it all.

I think if a parent snapped to the realization that their child was in the back of the car, Innocently, And saw their child blue, They would think they were choking. I don't think the first thought would be my child is dead. Parents are usually in full denial if their child dies. I can see this if he really is innocent, and this was a true accident.

But along with this line of thinking, he had apparently researched the temps in hot cars causing death in children.......would that not instantly come to mind???? Not choking but heat death? Not being argumentative here. If he had not researched said event it might make more sense...but readily admitting it at the scene?

Actually, they have to prove that the child died during the commission of a felony, to prove the felony murder. If they add other charges, they only have to prove that the child died as a result of one of them. At this current point, they would have to prove that the child died, due to commission of the negligence charge...yes.

IMO they will add more felony charges.

What others charges to you think will be added?

Didn't get back to the other thread in time:

Groom's cakes are not exclusive to the South. I live in No. CA. When I planned my own wedding 20 years ago, I learned about them in a wedding planner book and decided I wanted one. I picked the flavor- chocolate with raspberry filling and the theme- bride & groom Godzillas on the top and DH loved it! Everyone got it eat it. It turned out better than my wedding cake- which they did screw up because they didn't listen to what I wanted!

My (ex) husband's groom's cake was Cartman from South Park (he picked it) and it had a bubble that said, "NO, Woman, this is MY wedd'n cake!"

Sooooooooooo classy.

Exactly. Notice he didn't drive to the nearest ER. There must be a hospital somewhere nearby. He also made sure he wasn't the one who made the 911 call, which is obviously recorded, and will likely be played in court.
There is a Kaiser Permanente across the street. A large medical facility.
2525Cumberland Parkway Atlanta, GA 30339.
just fyi..

MOO I feel the research is significant in that it belies the possiblity of dad claiming he thought Cooper was choking or was near death or was revivable.

I also think the searches are going to be significant in proving the willful and wanton on the felon neglect charge will then proves out de facto the murder based on how GA law is written. :cow:

It doesn't matter. One moment on that trip she forgot. She said she went through the routine she would go through upon arriving. She was actively thinking about the child. And then one second her mind switched and that was all it took.

It just takes a momentary stray thought.

We only have her word that she was 'actively' thinking about her child. & the only possible corroborating witness is dead.

She put the child in a potentially dangerous situation and left the child there till dead.

What others charges to you think will be added?

I have no idea. I don't have their evidence. I just think they will find other felonies to charge, to bolster the case and ensure that he is convicted of felony murder via being convicted of a another felony that results in death. It's really not uncommon to add charges to make sure the big one sticks.

JMO

He is being held with no bond, right? That is pretty impressive for a guy who seems to have strong ties to the community regarding a case that some people feel is an accidental death with no direct evidence of a crime.

Good thing "feelings" don't count.

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do think that the search warrant information is morphing some in the headlines and sound bites. The warrants indicate that bio dad and bio mom stated they had researched hot car deaths.

As for bio dad's lame statement (jmo) about choking-little man was in full rigor according to witnesses when he was taken out of the seat. Heat accelerates it. Witnesses state that the baby was still in the shape of the car seat while someone was trying to perform CPR. It seems unlikely that he was making any kind of noise.

Perhaps Dad wasn't referring to a "choking noise" but instead referring to blue lips and absolute silence, like suggested by ScarlettScarpetta? Despite what we see in the movies, choking deaths can be "silent". No air, no noise.

I think a sheep would be someone who doesn't think for themselves and just follows the crowd.

in general terms I totally agree with you......:twocents:

a different perspective can create aha moments for others too....all facets need to be examined.

This woman was on a 25 min drive and her child fell asleep 5 min into the ride.

RH forgot about his kid one minute after pulling out of the Chikfilla. That is what I have a hard time believing.

She also visualized taking her child into the sitters and placing her into the crib as she slept. So so totally different. imo

Perhaps Dad wasn't referring to a "choking noise" but instead referring to blue lips and absolute silence, like suggested by ScarlettScarpetta? Despite what we see in the movies, choking deaths can be "silent". No air, no noise.

Since he had already searched the internet and knew that a child dies VERY quickly in a car in those temps...I'm going to accept it as a fact, that he knew his son couldn't be choking. For HOURS he couldn't have been. But he knew this already

It will be argued in court two ways based on the POVs being expressed here.

Defense will argue that a parent who forgot the child cannot then be considered aware of the cruel and negligent act. Prosecutors will argue that the very existence of the searches makes it nearly incredible that forewarned was not forearmed and that by worrying about it the parents had an even greater duty to not forget him.

MOO I feel the research is significant in that it belies the possiblity of dad claiming he thought Cooper was choking or was near death or was revivable.

I also think the searches are going to be significant in proving the willful and wanton on the felon neglect charge will then proves out de facto the murder based on how GA law is written. :cow:

Revivable and he walked away to use the phone....

He couldn't see him...rear facing remember.

As soon as he saw him, he had to of realized he had been in the car all day!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members