GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, maybe not. There's three running full steam at my house all the time. I sure would hate for LE to have access to my computers. Especially after this case. :scared:

No sharing here!!!!
Everyone has their own!

Sharing with be like sharing underwear or toothbrushes!!!
Shiver...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On a shared home computer?

1 Dell Dimension 9200 Computer Tower from the Harris' home,
2 Google Chrome cast,
3 a McBook Pro Laptop,
4 a Lenovo T530 Think Pad taken from Justin Harris' car,
5 an Apple MacBook Pro,
6 and iPhone
7 and an iPad from the car.

List of things LE confiscated.

I am too. I also want to know if he routinely went to his car at lunchtime. He doesn't strike me as someone who would make a daily habit of walking to and from his car in the hot sun across a parking lot in the middle of the day.

Agreed, he's a tad on the fluffy side.
Especially for a "athletic" referee whose wife is a nutritionist

How sad.

The behavior of Cooper's parents doesn't line up with
Munchausen by proxy.
They tried to get zero attention.
moo

1 Dell Dimension 9200 Computer Tower from the Harris' home,

2 Google Chrome cast,

3 a McBook Pro Laptop,

4 a Lenovo T530 Think Pad taken from Justin Harris' car,

5 an Apple MacBook Pro,

6 and iPhone

7 and an iPad from the car.

List of things LE confiscated.

Yes, I understand.

My point was how are they going to prove which one conducted the search. She's taking credit for searches.

Agreed, he's a tad on the fluffy side.
Especially for a "athletic" referee whose wife is a nutritionist

the mystery about what he put in the car could be that he put in empty lean cuisine boxes from the lunch room trash receptacle to prove to his wife he really was dieting??

the mystery about what he put in the car could be that he put in empty lean cuisine boxes from the lunch room trash receptacle to prove to his wife he really was dieting??

Or he contemplated making his "discovery" and changed his mind...

Maybe his son wasn't dead yet...

headed to bed.
Hoping for news tomorrow!

Giggle....

it could have been anything....I don't know how many times I had to scoop up extra pairs of shoes, sweater whatever from my desk and just one day put it in my car. Maybe he was just cleaning up his workspace.

Okay so six threads later I think I'm ready to post.

Beware: long post

I'm a preschool teacher. I'm required to inquire about absences, but since I take roll at the beginning of class, and then teach class, it's not until the afternoon after class that me or my teaching assistant get a chance to call about absences. And honestly, if a kid was sick the day before and I'd heard from the parent, or if I'd sent the kiddo home sick the day before, I don't always call (duck for tomatoes). It's really just not consistent, so while I'm curious about whether or not the day care contacted or were contacted by the parent or parents, I'm thinking it's possible there was no contact between parents and day care. Sure would offer us more information if we knew for certain, though, but if dad had called and said Cooper wasn't going to be there, and then tried the "I forgot" story, the charges might reflect that, IMO.

I imagine it would have smelled strongly when dad got in the car, but I'd also wondered if it wasn't until being "jostled" that the body...leaked and started to smell. Of course I've wondered about a poopy diaper, but also wondered if the heat might have, like, dried it or it might not have been a lot of poo and simply didn't smell as bad as we reckon it might? IDK

Okay just polled my friends who are over. My dear fiance, a dad, says no way he just forgot the baby and he would have smelled either death or the diaper when he got in the car, but might have dismissed it being a dad used to smelling that. Other dad friend says he would have smelled it immediately but feels that's moot as he doesn't believe it's reasonably possible for him to forget him in the first place. Non-dad friend agrees he wouldn't have forgotten and would have noticed smell, and dad-to-be concurs. No other females besides me available for opinion in this super scientific poll[emoji422]

As far as mom goes...well, I can cut her a lot of slack as she's a grieving mother. However, so am I. My son died as a result of being violently shaken by his father. And all signs pointed to a "I'm butt-hurt-hurt she pays attention to the baby more than me" situation where he was trying to punish me for a variety of real and/or imagined infractions (his fabulous public defender tried to use that as a mitigating factor at sentencing-- "if she'd had an abortion like he wanted..."). So I really really understand the denial and shock that comes with the idea that your partner killed your child and to also have the realization that they did it primarily to hurt you (that may or may not have happened here but...). It's a lot to take in having your baby die, but then to add to it the malice and manner, etc...It's just too much...denial is a tempting mistress I'll admit to giving in to, but to basically forgive him at the funeral? Uh, not understanding that here...at all.

That being said, it took me...oh...about a decade to even get to where I could say that at least it was a small comfort that no one could hurt my baby again. And you should see my thoughts when well-meaning people say, "he's in a better place," because to me that implied my child's life had been miserable (I know, that's not what people mean). But I'm a godless heathen, so maybe that's the difference? IDK but her saying she also searched for that is just...so clearly, IMO, a desperate attempt to help her husband, and I can't understand that...I wouldn't be surprised if there were some controlling dynamics in that relationship.

I'm sorry, I had to stop writing a bunch of times it took forever to write this I hope it makes sense.

it could have been anything....I don't know how many times I had to scoop up extra pairs of shoes, sweater whatever from my desk and just one day put it in my car. Maybe he was just cleaning up his workspace.

But a special trip????

I don't know about you, but the last thing is want to do on any break would be to walk to my car when it's 90+ degrees outside to put something inside it!
Whatever it was, it could have waited until I was done for the day.

And whatever it was...police are purposefully keeping from us. IMO

The smell of a decomposing body is the most vile, putrid smell in the world. It can cause even the most seasoned LE and EMS members to toss their cookies. A decomposing body that's been inside a closed up vehicle with super high internal temps is not less of a smell because it's a baby vs an adult. Do a bit of homework/research on how vile a decomposing body in a hot confined space instead of just assuming the smell can't really be that bad. Do some reading, too, on measures that ME's and their assistants/staff take to deal with the smell of deceased/decomposing bodies. The info is out there if you actually look for it.

Great post. Also factor in the bowel movement and odor. :tantrum:

I'm dying to know WHAT he went out to his car for.
What was that pesky object that just couldn't wait until the end of the day??????
That too is unbelievable.

I've been thinking about this too, trying to think of a believable reason/excuse for going to the vehicle... The best idea I can come up with would be if his phone needed charging?

(This was my first post. I hope I didn't screw it up.)

Munchausen by proxy is making a live child ill. While death can be the result of forced prolonged illness, death is not the goal. A live child garnering sympathy and attention, is the goal.

I know what Munchausen by proxy is and I was not commenting on that at all. I was commenting on a possible motive, if there is a motive.

But a special trip????

I don't know about you, but the last thing is want to do on any break would be to walk to my car when it's 90+ degrees outside to put something inside it!
Whatever it was, it could have waited until I was done for the day.

And whatever it was...police are purposefully keeping from us. IMO

Also on a sweltering day in the south the last place you want to store something is inside a red hot auto. Wouldn't make sense to make an extra trip either unless you wanted to make sure your child was dead.

MOOYA.

I'm a preschool teacher. I'm required to inquire about absences, but since I take roll at the beginning of class, and then teach class, it's not until the afternoon after class that me or my teaching assistant get a chance to call about absences. And honestly, if a kid was sick the day before and I'd heard from the parent, or if I'd sent the kiddo home sick the day before, I don't always call (duck for tomatoes). It's really just not consistent, so while I'm curious about whether or not the day care contacted or were contacted by the parent or parents, I'm thinking it's possible there was no contact between parents and day care. Sure would offer us more information if we knew for certain, though, but if dad had called and said Cooper wasn't going to be there, and then tried the "I forgot" story, the charges might reflect that, IMO.

I imagine it would have smelled strongly when dad got in the car, but I'd also wondered if it wasn't until being "jostled" that the body...leaked and started to smell. Of course I've wondered about a poopy diaper, but also wondered if the heat might have, like, dried it or it might not have been a lot of poo and simply didn't smell as bad as we reckon it might? IDK

Okay just polled my friends who are over. My dear fiance, a dad, says no way he just forgot the baby and he would have smelled either death or the diaper when he got in the car, but might have dismissed it being a dad used to smelling that. Other dad friend says he would have smelled it immediately but feels that's moot as he doesn't believe it's reasonably possible for him to forget him in the first place. Non-dad friend agrees he wouldn't have forgotten and would have noticed smell, and dad-to-be concurs. No other females besides me available for opinion in this super scientific poll[emoji422]

As far as mom goes...well, I can cut her a lot of slack as she's a grieving mother. However, so am I. My son died as a result of being violently shaken by his father. And all signs pointed to a "I'm butt-hurt-hurt she pays attention to the baby more than me" situation where he was trying to punish me for a variety of real and/or imagined infractions (his fabulous public defender tried to use that as a mitigating factor at sentencing-- "if she'd had an abortion like he wanted..."). So I really really understand the denial and shock that comes with the idea that your partner killed your child and to also have the realization that they did it primarily to hurt you (that may or may not have happened here but...). It's a lot to take in having your baby die, but then to add to it the malice and manner, etc...It's just too much...denial is a tempting mistress I'll admit to giving in to, but to basically forgive him at the funeral? Uh, not understanding that here...at all.

That being said, it took me...oh...about a decade to even get to where I could say that at least it was a small comfort that no one could hurt my baby again. And you should see my thoughts when well-meaning people say, "he's in a better place," because to me that implied my child's life had been miserable (I know, that's not what people mean). But I'm a godless heathen, so maybe that's the difference? IDK but her saying she also searched for that is just...so clearly, IMO, a desperate attempt to help her husband, and I can't understand that...I wouldn't be surprised if there were some controlling dynamics in that relationship.

I'm sorry, I had to stop writing a bunch of times it took forever to write this I hope it makes sense.

Wow -- thank you for sharing your experience. It means a lot to hear first hand how ''denial is a tempting mistress" -- you are a very generous soul to share this -- thank you.

It makes perfect sense. Has me in tears. I'm so so very sorry. ((((Hugs)))) that you for sharing. I'm a godless heathen too. I don't understand and can't comprehend that level of "faith" but I hope it can sustain her. I would image it's comforting for her to believe her child is with god.

I'm cutting mom lots and lots of slack so far, because as weird as I find her behavior, actions and statements..I can't even begin to image her loss...unfortunately, you can all too well.

Yes, I understand.

My point was how are they going to prove which one conducted the search. She's taking credit for searches.

I guess they see what else was viewed/searched for during that session, as well as who was home/work, etc at that time? If they were together, and nothing stands out in the history, it may be very difficult to ascertain whom was on the computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smash5070