Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link, IHAVENOCLUE

snipped,
Police said Harris did not cooperate when they tried to question him at the scene. They said they had to handcuff him before taking him to police headquarters for further questioning. He was arrested late Wednesday night.

Even when Harris was arrested Wednesday, he made sure to have a family member call the landlord to tell him what happened.

bbm

(b/u by me)

Call the landlord? Now what am I missing? Because...the rent's gonna be late? What?

RSBM

Interesting and thoughtful post, Chewy. I will say, though, that allowing the jury to consider the evidence of the burping sound and the odor, doesn't "CREATE" reasonable doubt, it "REVEALS reasonable doubt".

Our court system no longer operates on the oath witnesses take - the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. DA's, as you say now, try to hide things that they believe would "Create" reasonable doubt - they even use that term, it's true - when in fact, what they are doing is hiding the evidence that provides or reveals reasonable doubt in a case.

You have to keep in mind that I'm of the mind that ALL PARENTS who do this should be prosecuted. I feel that emotional bias is what creates the confusion and prevents justice. Did you see the numbers between years? It seems to me that these random spikes in numbers are people who figured they could get away with it and did.

deaths.jpg

I don't believe that anything emotionally biased EITHER WAY should be allowed in evaluating the evidence in the case.

That means, no trying to develop reasonable doubt over the smell by saying he SHOULD have smelled it.

And it also means no saying he definitely DID IT because he SHOULD have smelled it.

We don't know what he smelled so it's irrelevant to the case to me. BOTH WAYS.

(b/u by me)

Call the landlord? Now what am I missing? Because...the rent's gonna be late? What?

Yeah. I thought that was odd too. Did RH notify his wife or did he have the landlord do it?:moo:

If Cooper had been sick in the days before he died, was he absent from daycare too? Would they be less likely to call if they knew he was sick? Maybe, Ross even told the daycare that Cooper isn't feeling well and will be absent for a few days to guarantee they wouldn't call...

I, too, have been wondering if a call/email/etc. was made to the day care by either parent alerting them that Cooper would not be at the center that day...

this would keep the parents from having to deal with calls and questions from the day care...

:waitasec:

You have to keep in mind that I'm of the mind that ALL PARENTS who do this should be prosecuted. I feel that emotional bias is what creates the confusion and prevents justice. Did you see the numbers between years? It seems to me that these random spikes in numbers are people who figured they could get away with it and did.

I don't believe that anything emotionally biased EITHER WAY should be allowed in evaluating the evidence in the case.

That means, no trying to develop reasonable doubt over the smell by saying he SHOULD have smelled it.

And it also means no saying he definitely DID IT because he SHOULD have smelled it.

We don't know what he smelled so it's irrelevant to the case to me. BOTH WAYS.

I'm still sticking on this word thing about reasonable doubt. Reasonable doubt exists in this case - and the DA may decide to try to hide the reasonable doubt that exists. As DA's do. But the fact is, from the evidence revealed so far, there is more than "reasonable doubt" to doubt he killed his son on purpose.

Whew.... finally caught up.

1 Dell Dimension 9200 Computer Tower from the Harris' home,
2 Google Chrome cast,
3 a McBook Pro Laptop,
4 a Lenovo T530 Think Pad taken from Justin Harris' car,
5 an Apple MacBook Pro,
6 and iPhone
7 and an iPad from the car.
List of things LE confiscated.

I guess they see what else was viewed/searched for during that session, as well as who was home/work, etc at that time? If they were together, and nothing stands out in the history, it may be very difficult to ascertain whom was on the computer

It is my opinion that a complete forensic investigation of all these items will provide a wealth of information... and ultimately show if there is a "smoking gun" in this case. Electronics are so "natural" for the H's age group that they fail to think of the trail the electronics leave. It is my opinion that for all that we think we know about electronics, a forensic investigator knows a whole lot more. They are able to connect things and retrieve things that may have been deleted. We shall see....
More and more cases and perps are being convicted due to electronics - including cams.

I'm still sticking on this word thing about reasonable doubt. Reasonable doubt exists in this case - and the DA may decide to try to hide the reasonable doubt that exists. As DA's do. But the fact is, from the evidence revealed so far, there is more than "reasonable doubt" to doubt he killed his son on purpose.

For you it does. For many of us it's emotional illogical rationalization. But alas, unfortunately many people lead with that in their lives. It's why Casey Anthony was acquitted.

Patsy Ramsey did. She said JonBenét would never have to know the pain of losing a child or the possibility of getting cancer. In her deposition, she said she was scared of dying but she wasn't after JonBenét died because "she had to go there" and she could enjoy her son in the meantime.

In one way it could seem that the people saying this was looking for justification of the death of their child..not just a way of trying to make peace with the loss.... Kwim?

Would Leanna be able to pick up Cooper from daycare, since it was for Home Depot employees? They could be very strict about that. My mom's company also uses Bright Horizons daycare, and of course this differs by company, but at her work, you need to have your employee pass to get passed the guards and enter the campus (where the daycare + work buildings are). Maybe you need a special pass to enter the daycare building, one that only Home Depot employees are able to receive.

Interesting that this would be a policy... Though I understand the security measures in it...

somehow that may defeat the part of the purpose of the day care... As it would be limiting to the parents if only the employee could drop off/pick up the child...

JMO...

Notice the street called Martin Luther King Drive....that implies an urban area and that makes me think sports stadium. I don't think that is Atlanta, but just about every city in the South with a large black population has a road named after M.L.K..

My guess he was probably meeting up with friends to attend a football game or other sporting event and posted a map online to show people where to park.

I think this may be a map of the Mississippi State University area in Starkville, Mississippi, in which case I agree it is probably a map showing where to park in relation to the stadium.

I am not sure what a power poster is but dadgum it I think I am a power thank you er. I know I miss thanking some posts and it bothers me. I had my precious grands today and was logged in here..about every 3 hours I would run to see if anything new had happened...was logged in all day but usually have the computer on here all day anyway. Useless info for ya but I feel better!

I believe... If my interpretation is correct... That "Power Posting" is not the practice of just posting frequently...

but is the practice of posting frequently about specific issues... Monopolizing the thread at the expense of hindering the "natural" flow of discussion among all participants...

All... JMO

It is my opinion that a complete forensic investigation of all these items will provide a wealth of information... and ultimately show if there is a "smoking gun" in this case. Electronics are so "natural" for the H's age group that they fail to think of the trail the electronics leave. It is my opinion that for all that we think we know about electronics, a forensic investigator knows a whole lot more. They are able to connect things and retrieve things that may have been deleted. We shall see....
More and more cases and perps are being convicted due to electronics - including cams.

I am amazed daily at the ignorance of people and electronics, and what the gadgets can say about a person. It will be so interesting to see what was searched before and after the searches for how long and temps are required for death to happen. baffling just baffling

My husband is an IT guy and he told me a story once about a guy who had a damning CD with information on it. When the cops went looking through his apartment he snatched it up broke it into four pieces.

He though he'd won.

Well all the cops had to do was take the four broken pieces and lay it on top of another blank cd and put it in the computer and it instantly read the information, cracks and all.

The guy was busted. The same thing happened with a serial killer a while ago. He didn't think the Cops could figure out how to find him and sent something digital and they busted him immediately.

In one way it could seem that the people saying this was looking for justification of the death of their child..not just a way of trying to make peace with the loss.... Kwim?

I also think it is interesting that Patsy chose horrible, serious things that JonBenet would miss out, while Leanna mentioned awkward years, finding someone to sit with at lunch, etc.

Although Leanna is around 30 and Ross is 33, they seem like they could be a much younger couple to me. Her statements at the funeral put so much emphasis on 7 years of your life, when someone born in 2012 could live to be in their 90's...

For you it does. For many of us it's emotional illogical rationalization. But alas, unfortunately many people lead with that in their lives. It's why Casey Anthony was acquitted.

For you, reasonable doubt exists too it seems.

I think a lot of people misunderstand that judicial concept, honestly, and go with what seems most likely. How often do we hear someone comment in a court case "well it's just common sense that . . ."

Common sense isn't what should be used to convict. That their alibi/explanation is untrue beyond a reasonable doubt is the standard.

But I guess I've said that before. ;D

I read in the msm that they did ask the media to stay away. Take it fwiw, since I'll never find the link. It wasn't a big deal to me and I didn't pay close attention to where it came from.

Fwiw, in this video a CNN corespondent who attended the funeral says that the church "made an agreement with the media" but that cameras were not allowed at the service (at the 5:35-5:40 mark).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x4zrHQZub50

Had he driven to the front of the Uncle Maddio's pizza place there is an enormous parking lot, a Cinco's restaurant can be seen a
Sports Authority
Bed Bath Beyond
Toys R Us
Longhorn's
Chic fil a (different one)
& several other stores.

Pulling in behind the restaurant I find odd.

Look around for yourself. Then ask youself, if I panicked and need help for my baby ASAP ,am I pulling in behind the stores with locked delivery doors or in front where I can run in?
He got help so I'm not sure it matters.

http://goo.gl/maps/N8QPK
moo

Are there less likely to be video cameras at the loading dock area than at the front of the stores?

For you, reasonable doubt exists too it seems.

I think a lot of people misunderstand that judicial concept, honestly, and go with what seems most likely.

But I guess I've said that before. ;D

No it doesn't. What I'm saying is that there are many people out there who don't look at things logically. They are swept along by irrational ideas and emotional bias and personal sympathies etc. None of it it reasonable IMO.

But these types use it to define "REASONABLE DOUBT" Like talking about someone having a premonition. There is no such thing as a premonition. But many people will feel that they've had one and will be swayed by superstition. For example I bet a lot of people are afraid to judge this man too harshly for fear if they do their "karma" will bite them on the butt and something bad will happen to one of their own kids.

What I'm saying is that the DA should not press ideas in the court room unless it is in rebuttal to the Defense's arguments. Eventually you will see the defense pleading a very emotional highly sensationalized case with little evidence.

If we look at Casey Anthony we see that her Defense Team suggested that her father sexually molested her. They offered no proof whatsoever. Then they spun it to make it look like her father had something to do with the child's death. This is what got Casey Anthony off.

In this case, what he smelled, how he acted, how his wife acted at the funeral, what he was "thinking" etc his religious beliefs, etc etc etc. All create irrational illogical reasonable doubt to people for whom "reason" is a very foreign concept.

It's like the same kind of people who think that because someone is a church going man who was nice to people, he couldn't commit murder, even though that's been turned over and over throughout the years.

We need to be careful to not tap into emotional illogical bias.

That's why I think the case should be focused at it's core on the facts and timeline and phone records etc. Not "what we think"

RSBM

Does anyone here know where he parked at work ? As in, did he have to back up, or did he park in a middle aisle, where you just pull forward and out ?

If he did not back IN, he had to back OUT (looking back first).
If he BACKED in, he would have looked behind him while doing so.

No dice.

Arghhhh I hope it's not another bad hurricane season! Stay safe & dry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way behing as usual........ I reas this morning it will most likely be a Cat 1 named Arthur.:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kezzx