GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So he often went to bars after work?

Doesn't sound like someone that's thrilled by his home life. IMO

Considering where the daycare is in relation to his job, why in the world wouldn't he do drop off all the time???

It makes no sense to me that he didn't. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait seriously? Now the bias pendulum is swinging the other way. No one has said he often went to bars after work.

IDK just because he was seen/there is footage of his putting the child in his car seat does not mean they went in. What if he did the drive-thru and then there was a spillage in the back and he had to pull over and get Cooper out and clean up then put him back. Not that I think that is what happened but you never know.

Absolutely, 100 percent. Which is why I also criticized statements of people talking about how "their kids' would act in the car and scathing comments about the mother.

Just the facts please. Just the irrefutable evidence. No emotional bias on EITHER SIDE.

When I have emotional bias I concede that I have it and take note of how it informs my interpretation of the facts. That's why I will generally take time throughout these discussions to play "devils advocate." I've already posted several points.

But when you step back and look at the data, I think that tells the story. It's funny, this morning I was thinking about how much technology can change the way we examine evidence. We can debate about what the father smelled in the car, but we can easily recreate what he saw in the car when he got in the car.

I want to see a "dummy" in the car in the car seat. That's why I asked earlier if the tinted windows up close would look like "sunglasses" and prevent him from seeing inside the back seat of the car. The back windows are narrow and dark. It's possible that if they are tinted dark enough and he only stood by the front door he wouldn't have seen his son.

But we can recreate this with evidence and we can use surveillance videos to look closely at the information.

I woke up thinking about a dummy re-creation too. But one with a dummy of RH that would show where his body and head would be in relation to the car seat.

That makes some sense, except they both said they researched because they had a fear of this happening to them.

Which I believe. I think a lot of people see danger coming at them before it's all the way there.

If I thought my child could drown and I had a huge fear of it, I would watch swimming lessons and survival safety online...not how long he would suffer in the water before he died.

They saw the danger, so they searched about how long it takes for a kid to die? If I felt something could happen, I would search how to PREVENT it, not how it's carried out.

Not "finding their way home", Nancy, I think everyone gets that.

I'm talking about when people move across the country, cats walking across the country to locate them and ending up on the doorstep of a home they've never been to before, in a state they've never been to before.

That hasn't been explained by science, just as premonitions haven't been. Maybe few are aware of this phenomenon with cats.

And? It means we don't know how cats are able to find their way home. How in the world does this have anything to do with premonition? Are you saying that some cats are psychic? ;)

IDK just because he was seen/there is footage of his putting the child in his car seat does not mean they went in. What if he did the drive-thru and then there was a spillage in the back and he had to pull over and get Cooper out and clean up then put him back. Not that I think that is what happened but you never know.

I am sure they have corroborative evidence from employees and footage. I don't know about Georgia, but there is video footage inside the chickfilas here.

Most of the recent posts are discussion of formatting/editing/quote attribution. If a poster is bothered by their name being accidentally quoted...I've found that alerting a post - if I feel that strongly about the content - would get the situation resolved, without disrupting the forum readers.

JMO.

Via Kindle, like a true Amazon junkie
Thanks for this. I just read over 2 pages of a poster schooling others on how to fix it, when they just could have alerted. Totally agree.

Great points from both you and katydid. A bit of personal experience here. My ex and I had trouble conceiving at first, and had fertility treatments, at significant cost, to get pregnant with child #1, followed by a challenging high risk pregnancy. When our child was born healthy and full term, you'd think it would have been the most amazing thing in the world - and it was, for me - but that was the point at which our marriage started its downward trajectory. My ex was a narcissist, as I believe Ross is, and the baby changed things so he was no longer the major focus of the relationship. He had lots of complaints about how things had changed for him and how I should cater to his needs despite being the full time, exhausted caregiver to our son (while he took a job that had him traveling 2 weeks out of the month). When I unexpectedly became pregnant with child #2, my ex was in a funk for weeks on end. He was NOT happy about it, at all - but he did at least make an effort to seem like he was OK with it eventually. However, a few months after baby #2 was born, we were heading towards a divorce (initiated by him). We did couples counseling but eventually it came out that he just "didn't want to be married." Narcissists plus babies is a bad combination, in my experience.

Exactly! They are jealous of the baby!

Sorry, but it was happening over and over again and was very simple (or so I thought) to fix it. Next time I'll just alert the mods.

But having a conversation filled with misquotes is confusing and misrepresents people's comments IMO

Not "finding their way home", Nancy, I think everyone gets that.

I'm talking about when people move across the country, cats walking across the country to locate them and ending up on the doorstep of a home they've never been to before, in a state they've never been to before.

That hasn't been explained by science, just as premonitions haven't been. Maybe few are aware of this phenomenon with cats.

bbm, Not trying to change the subject matter here, but I am unaware of cats findings owners at new homes, but they find their way back to their original homes.

Cats finding their way home:
There is, in fact, little scientific dogma on cat navigation. Migratory animals like birds, turtles and insects have been studied more closely, and use magnetic fields, olfactory cues, or orientation by the sun.

Scientists say it is more common, although still rare, to hear of dogs returning home, perhaps suggesting, Dr. Bradshaw said, that they have inherited wolves’ ability to navigate using magnetic clues. But it’s also possible that dogs get taken on more family trips, and that lost dogs are more easily noticed or helped by people along the way.
Cats navigate well around familiar landscapes, memorizing locations by sight and smell, and easily figuring out shortcuts, Dr. Bradshaw said.

Strange, faraway locations would seem problematic, although he and Patrick Bateson, a behavioral biologist at Cambridge University, say that cats can sense smells across long distances. “Let’s say they associate the smell of pine with wind coming from the north, so they move in a southerly direction,” Dr. Bateson said.
Peter Borchelt, a New York animal behaviorist, wondered if Holly followed the Florida coast by sight or sound, tracking Interstate 95 and deciding to “keep that to the right and keep the ocean to the left.”

But, he said, “nobody’s going to do an experiment and take a bunch of cats in different directions and see which ones get home.”
New research by the National Geographic and University of Georgia’s Kitty Cams Project, using video footage from 55 pet cats wearing video cameras on their collars, suggests cat behavior is exceedingly complex.

As this article states, Cat behavior is "Exceedingly Complex". It also states that there has not been enough research at all because nobody is going to abandon 50 cats and then track how and if they find their way home.

It's not magic. It's not premonitions. It is likely science that has not been empirically researched enough yet.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/01/19/one-cats-incredible-journey/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

OMG

Reconcile that view with his car stopped near the pretty green tree after he screeched to a halt.

There are 2 dark patrol cars, then his vehicle kinda at an angle and the baby's canopy. Then, the next 2 white vehicles in the foreground are LE/ME. The only vehicle I see parked as if in a parking lot is a part of the black and white car on the bottom rt in the photo.

I count eight figures under the canopy that I suppose includes Justin Harris. That's at least 7 other ppl on scene and 4 LE vehicles. The first police car to arrive stopped because "of a gathering crowd" and not in response to 911 call.

A vehicle parked at the odd angle that Justin Harris left his in that location was going to attract attention. Plus, he hops out, leaving his door open, removes Cooper, places him on the hot pavement to [fake] performing CPR then he stops a moment to scream "What have I done?" I claim the child vomited at or near death and there was no true attempt at CPR.

1403891161000-hot-car-death-ga.jpg

If this were to occur in my family, dump my body in a volcano cuz I would collapse into dust.

But Justin Harris' hostile reaction was to flail his arms, yell and scream and curse the cops enough to be handcuffed on the scene with his tiny baby boy laying dead on the hot concrete. No. Do not applaud me at church. Toss me into a volcano.

Look how small that car is. And he is big man.

I think there are a lot of cats in this world that look alike, coupled with wishful thinking by the owners.

No it isn't. If a parent looked it up and their child happened to drown in the next week or so, You don't think people would be all over that?? IT is the same thing IMO.

Depends on circumstances... I would not think it odd if the family JUST got a pool. And if Cooper had only recently started going to daycare after being cared for at home, and the change in routine and fear of leaving him in the car were new concepts, it would make sense to look his up. But Dad was complaining a year ago about trouble finding daycare, IIRC, so daycare (and dropping him off on the way to work) is not a "new" condition.

And? It means we don't know how cats are able to find their way home. How in the world does this have anything to do with premonition? Are you saying that some cats are psychic? ;)

Oh lord.

Go back to my original post. I was giving examples of things we all know are true but can't explain.

I'm done talking about cats who track their owners across the country, as fascinating a topic as that is for me.

On this thread, it was used to demonstrate something NO ONE understands, but agrees happens.

Like a premonition.

And now honestly, I'm not going to type the word "cat" again.

http://www.youtube.com/user/leeleeua/feed

Why would she have this linked on her YouTube? It's like she wanted people to know.

I just read her comments and she said RH had been using androgel off and on for 2 years.

What I'm getting at is it doesn't sppear that they were actively trying to get pregnant at that time , so what I'm asking is why do men use androgel? What medical condition does it treat?

LietKynes, your post was quoted by anther poster. The only thing that is different is the "BBM" in your quoted post #96 remained but the quoted post was removed by Salem. The person who quoted your post is at #104.

This is the Mods explanation:
Last edited by Salem; Yesterday at 09:45 PM. Reason: removed quoted post.

What happened to your post to cause it to be edited by the Mods was the entire post that you were quoting was removed by Mods most likely due to TOS. That's the best explanation I can offer.

This is post #96.

[modsnip]

That would be their reason. Not that RH's horrifying actions (or inaction) is their fault; but the the association with having hired an alleged murderer.

If I were the manager of that business, I'd preserve everything including the alleged perp's workdesk/area and hand it over to the cops. I'd be telling law enforcement : "Nail that sob and I'll do whatever I can to assist you !!"
I'd be telling my business underlings or coworkers to go to the cops ( Not the media ) and tell them anything about Ross Harris that seemed "off" or suspicious to you ..... like did he say anything like , " ... that kid is a burden... etc."
This is not Home Depot's fault, and I think people understand that.
( I'm not very sympathetic to those who hurt innocent adults , much less kids or babies ! )
:moo:

This is post #104.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10682152&postcount=104"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #6[/ame]

Does anyone know why the post I'd quoted from in post #96 was modsnipped/deleted ?
It's o.k. to quote another poster on this site , right ?
Didn't want to break any rules.

Yes, please quote and reply as often as you feel warrants. There are limited restrictions on what not to link at WS. :dunno: Links should direct us to a reputable, reliable news source or to legal documents, etc. when positing statements intended as facts.

I want to see penalties for cases like this, even if it is a bonafide "I forgot" situation. People need to start remembering. To forget your child and have that lead to injury or death is just not acceptable. If you fail to stop at a stop sign because you are so distracted by other things in your life, and your failure to stop cause injury or death, should you be given a pass? Nope...you would face consequences of, at the very least, inattentive driving. Likewise, I do not feel parents/caregivers should be given an automatic pass when their neglect/inattention leads to injury or death of any vulnerable person in their care.

Let's see something positive come out of this tragedy. Perhaps legislation to protect the innocent and vulnerable in our society from this type of harm. And maybe it could be called Cooper's Law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow