GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he did not back IN, he had to back OUT (looking back first).
If he BACKED in, he would have looked behind him while doing so.

No dice.

:goodpost: In the JA case we had lots of posters doing recreations. Perhaps someone with that type of car can do one as yes, agree, backing out you would not only look in rear view when backing up, but would turn around to look behind you...over the middle of the backseat.

:goodpost: In the JA case we had lots of posters doing recreations. Perhaps someone with that type of car can do one as yes, agree, backing out you would not only look in rear view when backing up, but would turn around to look behind you...over the middle of the backseat.

Not if you have a camera.

You have to keep in mind that I'm of the mind that ALL PARENTS who do this should be prosecuted. I feel that emotional bias is what creates the confusion and prevents justice. Did you see the numbers between years? It seems to me that these random spikes in numbers are people who figured they could get away with it and did.

deaths.jpg

I don't believe that anything emotionally biased EITHER WAY should be allowed in evaluating the evidence in the case.

That means, no trying to develop reasonable doubt over the smell by saying he SHOULD have smelled it.

And it also means no saying he definitely DID IT because he SHOULD have smelled it.

We don't know what he smelled so it's irrelevant to the case to me. BOTH WAYS.

Chewy - can we have link for this great table please?

Thanks,

Salem

Cats finding their way home:

[/B]

As this article states, Cat behavior is "Exceedingly Complex". It also states that there has not been enough research at all because nobody is going to abandon 50 cats and then track how and if they find their way home.

It's not magic. It's not premonitions. It is likely science that has not been empirically researched enough yet.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/01/19/one-cats-incredible-journey/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

Thank you:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, although I imagine a low sperm count is a dream come true for a man who doesn't want children.

Yes, but not having the boys to create the baby is probably a hit to the ego also. Struggling for a long time and everything knowing you can't get it done. That's a hard one to swallow. (I only mention it, because my husband worked with a guy like this. The fact he couldn't produce a baby incensed him, but when the baby was born he was over the dad thing. They divorced a year later and he moved out of state away from the child.)

^^^^^ THIS!

Your child is dead and you tell someone else to call 911 because you have other calls to make?!?

Certainly too many of you on this forum have had your own tragic losses, and I am so sorry for that. You would know better than me, but I feel like I would have been down on the ground with my baby, not making calls.

IMO the only reasonable call would have been to his wife. Personally if I were the wife, I would not want to receive this type of information on the phone. Secondly, if he were calling her he had time to "coach" her on what to say. This is just speculation, but I am assuming he told police he had not spoken to her and that is why they told him to call her. I do hope they were not telling him to watch his mouth because her was cursing at her. If so, where did Mr. soccer dad, church guy go? He should have been apologizing profusely. It is not like are not used to foul language, that is why I think it was something out of line.

I agree with other posters that have said that the reveal was meant to be when he met up with friends. What better witnesses could you ask for? They would all tell the police that poor RH had no idea and this was just so tragic, he is the best dad blah blah. (vomit) I also think something happened in that car he was not expecting- smell, noise, you choose and that is why he stopped so abruptly.

I think his world came crashing down when this didn't happen like he planned. The timing of his searches online have been questioned. IMO it was recent enough to be relevant and he fessed up and told the police, when he was being otherwise uncooperative.

Also I am really curious about if the wife was out of town that day. If so, it would have been the perfect opportunity for him to do this, if it is proven that she is usually the one who picks him up.

All just my ideas after lots of reading. :twocents::twocents::twocents:

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2014/06/wife_of_justin_ross_harris_als.html

Harris was witnessed pulling into the parking lot of Uncle Maddio's Pizza in his 2011 Hyundai Tucson. The vehicle came to a sudden stop and Ross quickly got out, opened the driver side passenger door and pulled out Cooper.

"Justin was witnessed yelling, 'Oh my god what have I done','' the warrant says. "He then began doing CPR on the child. EMS responded to the scene. It was obvious that the child was deceased."

Yes, but not having the boys to create the baby is probably a hit to the ego also. Struggling for a long time and everything knowing you can't get it done. That's a hard one to swallow. (I only mention it, because my husband worked with a guy like this. The fact he couldn't produce a baby incensed him, but when the baby was born he was over the dad thing. They divorced a year later and he moved out of state away from the child.)

Yes, I'm sure many men don't react well to having no control over their sperm count. At least the guy you know did the rational thing and got a divorce instead of murdering his unwanted offspring.

I agree, although I imagine a low sperm count is a dream come true for a man who doesn't want children.

I would think the same thing. But before you actually have a child you have no idea how hard it actually is. People have posted before that people who have a hard time having children tend to treat them as more "cherished." And I don't necessarily agree with this.

Sometimes these parents set up this fantasy version of what having a baby really means. It's all magical and fantasy and the brutal reality of no sleep, money problems and feeling trapped can really overwhelm people. So just because he really tried to have this baby doesn't mean he was happy with the reality.

I'm really so tired of laws, especially ones that seek to punish for accidents.

How about "Cooper's lock" or something like that that doesn't allow a parent to lock a car if a child is in the seat. Something actually POSITIVE to come out of his passing, not just more punishing hapless grieving families.

The children that aren't lucky enough to be riding in a new car that has this is just SOL.

I don't see "graduated". I see "According to a 2006 newspaper wedding announcement, she attended the University of Alabama to study food and nutrition. She currently is a licensed dietitian in Georgia."

Being a licensed dietician takes a degree and a very rigorous one at that. Likely a Bachelor in Nutrition. Its a biology degree and its not easy. If she is licensed and practicing she graduated and then likely took a board exam to get her state license.

I just read her comments and she said RH had been using androgel off and on for 2 years.

What I'm getting at is it doesn't sppear that they were actively trying to get pregnant at that time , so what I'm asking is why do men use androgel? What medical condition does it treat?

But I'm not up to date on the latest medical literature but it was at one time used for impotence. Never knew it could raise sperm count but I guess anything is possible.:moo:

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2014/06/wife_of_justin_ross_harris_als.html

Harris was witnessed pulling into the parking lot of Uncle Maddio's Pizza in his 2011 Hyundai Tucson. The vehicle came to a sudden stop and Ross quickly got out, opened the driver side passenger door and pulled out Cooper.

"Justin was witnessed yelling, 'Oh my god what have I done','' the warrant says. "He then began doing CPR on the child. EMS responded to the scene. It was obvious that the child was deceased."

In witness statements, he was seen starting CPR, laving cooper on the ground to a stranger for them to do CPR, and going to make phone calls.

Oh lord.

Go back to my original post. I was giving examples of things we all know are true but can't explain.

I'm done talking about cats who track their owners across the country, as fascinating a topic as that is for me.

On this thread, it was used to demonstrate something NO ONE understands, but agrees happens.

Like a premonition.

And now honestly, I'm not going to type the word "cat" again.

Please, I'd be thrilled if the subject was dropped all together...seeing as it's apparently not going to be.... Please do not say "no one" understands, do not speak on my behalf.
It can be explained and I did so previously.

All IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being a licensed dietician takes a degree and a very rigorous one at that. Likely a Bachelor in Nutrition. Its a biology degree and its not easy. If she is licensed and practicing she graduated and then likely took a board exam to get her state license.

I agree. You can't get a license here, without graduating with a specific degree.

ETA: Found this. http://sos.ga.gov/index.php/licensing/plb/19/faq

Under what must I do to become licensed in Georgia:
"Official transcript showing date and degree awarded submitted directly from the college or university "

Dizzied by all of the stuff I have seen on this case but did anyone else I see an Atlanta TV station reporting that there would be a court appearance Thursday where the prosecutor would lay out some of their evidence and the reason Ross Harris has been charged? I thought it specifically mentioned Chick Fil A surveillance video. Supposedly he went inside with Cooper versus the drive thru ? It takes a tremendous flight of the senses to not believe this was anything other than a most horrible evil terrible murder. This 22 month old's internal organs, brain and body cooked in that car. His last moments on earth had to be the most agonizing imaginable. What seals the deal for me , besides the internet searches, is the fact that Harris drove approximately 1.4 miles at 4:30 p.m. with his dead son in the car and started his act. The police that arrived shortly thereafter said the odor (dead hyperthermic body plus probably feces and urine) was absolutely overwhelming to them. This guy is in IT but doesn't know how to delete internet searches. I believe when the prosecutors show more of their cards this case will absolutely shock us to the core more than it already has. Remember what Cobb County Police Sgt. Dana Pierce told CNN. "I've been in law enforcement for 34 years. What I know about this case shocks my conscience as a police officer, a father and a grandfather."

RBUBM - link please as I've not seen this in MSM. TIA

I have a back up camera in my crossover SUV. I STILL turn and look out the rear window and use my mirrors too.

It certainly is not an easy degree.:moo: And it requires a BS. At least in my state for a license.

After watching CNN speculate last night over the wife in this case and what happened at the funeral it has left me feeling that LE has much more info than any of us know at this piont and time. We still dont have her movements for the day or days leading up to this attack. And since the State feels this is felony murder, I'm with the state. I also agree with CNN last night which aired there may be further charges coming in the case for the spouse. I also; have to state again that I hope they are right. This aired last night on CNN. There was much speculation and discussion over what she said and did at his funeral and how it was really all about the husband and how awful it was. FBI Profiler stated that her actions at said funeral were suspect as well as the searches, as well as the attempt at the funeral to practically gain public sympathy for said husband. That is from our FBI profiler on CNN as of last night. They said exactly what I was feeling yesterday that she may be more involved; and more charges may follow. I think it was the 9pm or the 10pm airing on CNN after Wolf Blitzers show. I was sickened yesterday and I was even angrier last night after everything I wrote about was discussed in the media on CNN verifying how I felt about the rest of this poor baby's family members. Life Insurance Policy was also discussed. Tox screen was discussed. I'm waiting on the Tox Screen.

CNN Link "they were in this together"
http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/v...n-tonight-harris-panel-grief-funeral.cnn.html

I would think the same thing. But before you actually have a child you have no idea how hard it actually is. People have posted before that people who have a hard time having children tend to treat them as more "cherished." And I don't necessarily agree with this.

Sometimes these parents set up this fantasy version of what having a baby really means. It's all magical and fantasy and the brutal reality of no sleep, money problems and feeling trapped can really overwhelm people. So just because he really tried to have this baby doesn't mean he was happy with the reality.

I agree with you. One of my closest friends struggled with infertility for a few years and now that she has her baby, while she loves him, she has told me that she had no idea how hard being a mother was going to be and she's not sure she would have gone to all the trouble had she known. She told me she is not willing to go through everything again for a second child.

I definitely don't think infertile couples automatically love their children more than others or are better parents.

I have a back up camera in my crossover SUV. I STILL turn and look out the rear window and use my mirrors too.

My CUV is a year older than his and I also look at mirrors and rear window.:moo: Same size as RH's too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member