GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything is an interpretation of something. However, LE statements and assessments are considered evidence. By that logic, I guess we should cease having homicide investigations.

They are brought in as evidence. They don't state their statements as facts. They state what they observed.

If the report said, There was a smell coming from the car, That is one thing.. To say it reeked is another all together.

To me the devil is always in the details. It is the little stuff that point to truth.

I agree; but I think much more is to come; hopefully another arrest. IF we find out they took out a Life Insurance policy and it is recent and it is a large amt both have to sign; and I will have to say that at that point special charges should apply. Esp to the wife as both must sign. It's normal to take out a policy on an infant....to cover funeral expenses. But donations paid for this funeral, WHY? And who; buries a child in a red casket? We always see little ones in a pure white casket...I have such a hard time with this...that I can't even put it into words. It's the color of blood.

If red was his favorite color... yes I can seeing burying him in a red casket.

I personally did not say that the odor in the car was decomp-it seems like there was a way to go before that occurred but idk. I do think that little man likely evacuated and even vomited. I can speculate that this at least would be the source of the overwhelming smell and it is hard to believe that it wasn't present when he went to his truck at lunch time. Even if the baby was *only* unconscious at that point, it seems reasonable that he wouldn't have held onto his bowels. 3 hours is a long time for a little child to stay dry under any circumstances, but again this is pure speculation.

Yes it would have smelled from a dirty diaper in a hot car. Most people evacuate when they die if there is anything in the intestines. So unless you are accustomed to stinky diapers in hot car it would, to most of us "reek". :moo:

Notice the street called Martin Luther King Drive....that implies an urban area and that makes me think sports stadium. I don't think that is Atlanta, but just about every city in the South with a large black population has a road named after M.L.K..

My guess he was probably meeting up with friends to attend a football game or other sporting event and posted a map online to show people where to park.

This is a map of where to park for Mississippi State football games in Starkville, MS. JH was an avid Alabama football fan, Miss St is in the same conference, SEC, as Alabama. My father is a college football coach who at one time coached st Alabama. Im extremely familiar with stadium s all over the south....and with how crazy serious Alabama fb fans can be!

Ive been following this post for days but haven't posted until now.

That's what I'm getting at,

I thought it was a horrendous accident until I read the facts that have been released. Now, I believe the proof is there, in my mind, that he's guilty. I no longer have doubt. It's all the info added together -

I saw where there is supposed to be a doc dump on Thursday or Friday. Hope that's true.

Exactly - it is the combination of factors which are already known which make the father's version of events unbelievable and lead me to think (at this stage) that he is more likely to be guilty of a deliberate act than of 'forgetting' as he claims.

I disagree but thanks for clarifying your position on it.

No problem!! :)

I am always willing to clarify! And I know that you are always asking honestly and without snark.

Love your posts, whether we agree or not!

Just had a morbid thought - what if this object was some sort of a camera that could be viewed remotely? Or a cell phone that could be left on and listened to remotely? If investigators found evidence of that sort of thing, that could explain how he was arrested so quickly and charged with such a severe crime. MOO.

Interesting theory!! That would definitely be a "bombshell" AND hardcore evidence.

Hope everyone is having a good afternoon! I am trying to catch up. I can't read much of anything on that map other than Veteran's Memorial Parkway and Old Hwy 92.
I am thinking somewhere in Hiram. Maybe he was refereeing a game out there? I'll try and compare it to a Google map later if no one else has figured it out.

Its Starkville, MS. If you look on the map in the lower right corner, there is a small map showing on a larger scale.

Not if you have a camera.

Really? When I drive my sisters car that has a back up camera, when I'm in a parking lot, the back up camera doesn't show cars coming down the aisle of a parking lot imho. I always look as I slowly back up.

Thanks for your opinion as I never even fathomed that folks would back up in a parking lot without looking both ways, and over their shoulders, even with a backup camera, but I guess you do!

ETA: What is his model/make/year on the car he was driving. Wonder if that is a possibility to sleuth and consider

That's what I'm getting at,

I thought it was a horrendous accident until I read the facts that have been released. Now, I believe the proof is there, in my mind, that he's guilty. I no longer have doubt. It's all the info added together -

I saw where there is supposed to be a doc dump on Thursday or Friday. Hope that's true.

I get it, but I am big on innocent until proven guilty and won't be able to flip to guilty until we hear more.

The only thing I have seen are people who believe in innocent until proven guilty.

And some posters always argue innocence no matter how much evidence there is to the contrary. It is the sentiment stated above, or just a need to be contrary, I am not certain. Often it simply derails the conversation which I think is often the point. I know I often have to take a break from some of the older threads as it just gets so tiresome.

However, if other posters would simply ignore those posters that appear to be derailing, not discussing, the tactic would lose it effectiveness. You can either use the
Ignore feature, or just ignore.

There are some posters I simply will not engage with. Ever.

None of this is to say that a reasoned argument cannot be appreciated, regardless of whether or not I agree with it. It's just "derailers" that I avoid.

I'm really so tired of laws, especially ones that seek to punish for accidents.

How about "Cooper's lock" or something like that that doesn't allow a parent to lock a car if a child is in the seat. Something actually POSITIVE to come out of his passing, not just more punishing hapless grieving families.

What is positive about higher car prices just because some parents can't or won't prioritize the safety and welfare of their children? I think a better idea is that we mandate sterilization for those who are convicted for actions that result in the serious harm or death of a child.

JMO

No, it's not and it's very easy to fix. I do it all the time. You just have to have a matching pair of quote tags []. An odd number, one too few or too many will result in broken quotes.

Okay...not disagreeing with you at all. But it actually was a little funny because it was happening to several of us at one time.

Really? When I drive my sisters car that has a back up camera, when I'm in a parking lot, the back up camera doesn't show cars coming down the aisle of a parking lot imho. I always look as I slowly back up.

Thanks for your opinion as I never even fathomed that folks would back up in a parking lot even with a backup camera, but I guess you do!

If someone was coming from the side the warning would go off.

If someone was coming from the side the warning would go off.

Only if you have the beeping parking assist turned on. I turn mine off when it snows because the reflections of the snow can trigger it.

Was there an insurance policy on baby Cooper?

At the time that Ross and Leanna were married - Leanna worked at Allstate http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20060521/NEWS/605210377... the landlord that keeps getting quoted in the papers (Joe Saini) was probably her boss. http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Allstate.Insurance.Company.-.Joe.Saini.770-455-1205

If it's true that Ross asked someone to contact the landlord immediately after finding his son dead in the car....

Wow if that is true. Never understood calling the landlord.:moo:

Did he usually go out with his friends after work? If yes, his priorities seem a bit off. If no, why did he forget his SON but not his friends..again, his priorities are a bit off, unless of course, this was no accident as I believe the evidence shows.

I don't think we even know the pick up/drop off schedule. I saw a recent article that said they took turns.

And yes... made plans with friends and STILL didn't remember her had a child to pick up? Even if he forgot to drop him off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18