GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have looked and can not find, What was it the police said about not being able to confirm if Cooper was alive at 9:00am? or something to that effect.

Thank you.

That's why you have to keep an eye on the media. They make stuff up.

:waitasec: Could you kindly point out to me where it says that Ross told LE he went to his car at lunchtime?

LE obtained that info later, most likely from witnesses, security footage or both.

Prior to June 18, have you seen any indication - at all - that there were any "issues" with his son that spread to his wife?

Self image mainly I would think - there is a link with forgetfulness, weight gain and irritability -- that impacts one's partner for sure.

I was wondering this same thing...

does a person with a dietician's license need to have graduated from a university...I would assume so... But I was wondering if it was the University of Alabama that she actually graduated from?

additionally... Having a license may mean it is up to date... And is current... But it does not necessarily mean she is working at this time in that capacity...

Soooo... I am still left wondering if she is currently working... And if so... Where?

:waitasec:

http://registrar.ua.edu/doc/uploads/200740-Winter-2007.pdf

Yes, she graduated

*advertiser censored* laude

Leanna Taylor Harris

If the child is in the center seat, and the driver is as large as Harris is, it seems highly likely he couldn't get in the position to see Cooper.

I always turn around too. I'm about the only one I know who does it - but I turn around to switch lanes or back up.

Me, too. I am paranoid about my blind spot!

Looking at the photos that have been posted of the interior of this vehicle and thinking about his height - I assume he would have to move the driver's seat back. With the car seat in the center seat - I am imagining that his head was only inches (not feet) from the baby's head. It is not a very spacious vehicle.

Somewhere in one of the many stories about this case, it was said that LE searched the workplace that very evening. They officially arrested him at 10PM.
Perhaps he failed to mention that he went to the car or said he didn't return during the day, and they found it on the security film. And what they saw has not yet been completely delineated. It could easily have been the determining factor in whether to arrest.

But the warrants state that as soon as he had told someone else to dial 911 and let others take over CPR, he started making calls to other people on his mobile phone - so I cannot agree with your argument as surely either you are fit to make calls or you are not.

It appears he wasn't making any sense and there was some indication that Leanna couldn't understand what he was saying. While he WAS making phone call(s), he didn't seem able to communicate well.

I've kind of stopped judging people for whipping out their phone continuously. I don't do it, but there are people whose phones don't leave their hands.

I have looked and can not find, What was it the police said about not being able to confirm if Cooper was alive at 9:00am? or something to that effect.

that was early in the investigation and If I recall correctly that was simply because he could have still been in the restaurant at 9 a.m. -- I believe it has been cleared up by now -- don't have the exact link for it.

BBM. Yes, I know that. :smile: And, ITA. I posted about web dev vs IT guys/gals upthread. I do not think he is an IT guy either. But I have seen him referred as such, so I just thought I would mention that as a possible explanation to his hours that day. At my job, the web devs have worked beyond a typical 8-hr day on many occasions...some urgent website issue, where the site is rendered unusable. Same as me, they can get compensated w/OT or they can choose to work a shorter day(s) during the pay period. Thanks for the info on the web devs at he Dallas office. So, I guess we can assume he worked a normal corporate schedule ?? HD being a huge company, that makes sense.

I wouldn't go so far as to assume, but I do think they probably maintain the same level of function at each office. With SO many developers, I can't see one person having to stay late too many times. Often (as it is at my husband's employment) the staying late rotates among the same positions. I don't see it likely that he himself would have to stay late often, but I'm sure the developers in general have to do this. (Does that make any sense? lol)

It's probably your experience in life, Chewy. You haven't seen premonition before.

I'm not going to tell personal stories, but I've seen people who had clear definable premonitions.

Then I will. New Years Eve, 1994. My daughter, her dad, and I were going to the home of friends for a quiet dinner on NYE. We were already running late when I said we should stop and pull down the Christmas Tree. We had been neglectful about watering it after Christmas, and the idea of cheap light strings, dry needles, and tissue paper made me nervous. I said "I don't want to come home and find the house burned down."

He grumbled, and so all we did was drag the tree outside, and planned to deal with it in the morning.

When we got home, we found... the house had burned (not to the ground, but we were out of it for several months) and not ONE neighbor even called the fire department.

Did I set the fire? NO! Of course not! Did I "know" it would happen? I did NOT. But it seemed too risky to take the chance. Obviously the fire was completely unrelated to the Christmas Tree, but my "premonition" attributed the predicted fire to the most likely potential culprit.

In other cases where a parent left a child in a hot car for several hours, I wonder if there are any other cases where the parent either:

Went to the car at lunchtime and failed to notice the child in the car

OR

Drove several miles before noticing the child and taking action

Either one of these becomes a "smoking gun" of sorts, but to have both these unusual circumstances present in the same case?

If a child is choking, most parents would pull over immediately. When my daughter was a toddler, she started choking on a candy that my MIL had given her just before we drove off. As soon as I heard her choking, I signalled, threw on my emergency lights, and drove across 3 lanes to get to the side of the road and haul her out and help her. It's just instinctive. Seconds count, and if RH heard his son choking, I can't imagine driving any distance. Especially since it would have also hit him that his son had been there for the entire day and would require immediate assistance (even though we all know he would have passed hours earlier).

There are so many "facts" here right now that just aren't, IMHO. All we have is the police presser and more from the warrants that were released.

I suppose the low T could possibly be considered another fact.

I'm waiting for the probable cause hearing Thursday. We should get more factual information then.

:twocents:

That case was in Williamson County, TX. The DA in that case was Ken Anderson.

This case is in Cobb County, GA. The DA in this case is Vic Reynolds.

I haven't read any media reports that suggest DA Vic Reynolds is corrupt or anything less than above reproach. I looked up his record a few days ago. Although recently elected (2 years ago) his record thus far is exemplary.

I've read nothing at all that would lead me to be suspicious that this DA's office would participate in a scheme to suppress exculpatory evidence.

I understand it happens and has happened in other counties/states, but, IMO, unless there is evidence to support such speculation in this particular case or regarding this particular DA's office, I think it's reckless to suggest such a scenario.

I'm not saying that's what you were doing when providing info on that case in TX, just pointing out that just because the DA's office in that case was corrupt, doesn't mean all DA's offices are corrupt.

I can't find a single reason why a corrupt DA from a case in Texas should be talked about here. It's entirely unfair to the DA in this case, that from what I can tell, is an honorable and ethical attorney.

I'm really disappointed in that previous line of discussion, thank you for saying all this.

I was wondering this same thing...

does a person with a dietician's license need to have graduated from a university...I would assume so... But I was wondering if it was the University of Alabama that she actually graduated from?

additionally... Having a license may mean it is up to date... And is current... But it does not necessarily mean she is working at this time in that capacity...

Soooo... I am still left wondering if she is currently working... And if so... Where?

:waitasec:

It caught my attention in the Obituary "Davita teammates" my best friend works for them in a different state as a dietitian. They provide dialysis services. Maybe she works for them.

What would a father's "normal" reaction be to discover something like this ? I am not defending the guy at all, but how do we know what a normal reaction to discovering your child is dead unless we have personally experienced it ourselves? Mainly from what we see on TV? What we imagine ? One eyewitness said there is no way he was faking it, he was very distraught. Another said it looked like he was acting. I guess it depends on your perspective . And can a psychologist please weigh in on the mother's statements (as well as the father's via phone) at the funeral? Talking about a broken world and the child not having to endure that instead of what all the child will miss out on , how Cooper "turned their world upside down? Father never mentions Cooper, or that he is sorry and responsible for his death, just says that he is sorry that he cannot be there , to which he gets a standing ovation. Don't Make No Sense !!

I found a German Shepard puppy locked in a hot car and stood by the car. I was told to mind my own *advertiser censored**cking business, I regret not smashing the window and taking the dog home.
Realistically I have no idea how long a dog can be left safely in a car, 20 minutes max?! EDIT: (There's no safe amount of time. No time. Should rescue dog immediately by calling police)

Yeah a few weeks ago I had to run to my vet to drop a sample off and I had my dog in the car. I stopped at walgreens and went inside for 10-15 minutes, it was around 11 am and the back windows of my car were COMPLETELY down (I drive a retired police car and bought a set of bars for the back windows for this very purpose, well they are designed to keep prisoners in but work well for ventilating dogs).

As I am checking out a lady comes in and starts asking the cashier about "that black car...with a dog". I assured her he was fine, and my dog wasn't panting when I saw him 30 seconds later.

I did not take offense and told her it is good to see people watching out for the animals out there and thanked her.

You are correct, it is not a spacious vehicle, at all. Folks keep saying SUV, its more like a sports utility vehicle. Would be hard to miss him at lunchtime visit , especially if any odor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow