GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. Not exactly. The Red Cross recommends you ask someone else to call 911 while you are attempting CPR, because presumably if you are doing CPR your hands are not free to call and you are occupied. Ross was not in the middle of performing CPR when he asked someone to call for him.

Isn't that what he did? While he was removing the baby from the car he shouted someone call 911?

Maybe I've missed the sequence of events.

BBM. Not exactly. The Red Cross recommends you ask someone else to call 911 while you are attempting CPR, because presumably if you are doing CPR your hands are not free to call and you are occupied. Ross was not in the middle of performing CPR when he asked someone to call for him.

Just read and it sounds like he yelled for someone to call 911 when he was getting Cooper out of the car.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...or-awful-day-make-supporters-think-twice.html

He's pretty young to have Type 2, but it is definitely possible.

well prior to birth of child was low T and that's pretty young for that --- there IS a link between low T and diabetes

The news did not come as a surprise to at least two witnesses who watched Ross Harris' reaction when he pulled into a parking lot after allegedly realizing his son was dead.

"It seemed like he was acting. If you ask me, I say so," said Raphael Hayes.

Several witnesses watched as Ross Harris paced back and forth, while a passerby performed CPR on his son.

"This guy was running all over grabbing the trees yelling, 'What have I done, what have I done," said Ed Cockerham. "Wasn't near his son. If that would have been my kid, I would have been right there holding the baby."

Other witnesseshave stated that Harris' pain seemed real.

Harris has a probably hearing scheduled for July 3. He remains jailed without bond.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/l...ed-for-dad-charged-in-hot-car-death/11349985/

“Oh my god what have I done,” Harris screamed, according to witnesses. Harris placed the boy on the parking lot pavement and began to administer CPR on him as witnesses gathered and also tried to help revive Cooper.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/breaking-news/warrants-cobb-toddlers-mom-also-researched-kids-dy/ngWJW/

“When someone came to assist Justin he stopped providing medical attention to the child and started making calls on his cell phone,” the affidavits state.

In other cases where a parent left a child in a hot car for several hours, I wonder if there are any other cases where the parent either:

Went to the car at lunchtime and failed to notice the child in the car

OR

Drove several miles before noticing the child and taking action

Either one of these becomes a "smoking gun" of sorts, but to have both these unusual circumstances present in the same case?

You're guessing he could see into the rear facing car seat that way.

Are you aware there are mirrors on the market for cars with rear facing child seats - because in fact, parent's CAN'T see their kids while driving?

When you begin building a belief on incorrect assumptions and not facts, you can end up with the wrong conclusion.

You can not see the child in the rear-view mirror with a high-backed, rear-facing seat, but many parents have posted that they can turn their head and see the child. I am assuming he used more than mirrors to back up. I ALWAYS turn my head to look behind me before I back up. But that is just me.

Sounds to me like he got out of the car, yelled for someone to call 911, got Cooper out of the car and started to do CPR on him.

Which, to me is the perfect sequence of events.

You can not see the child in the rear-view mirror with a high-backed, rear-facing seat, but many parents have posted that they can turn their head and see the child. I am assuming he used more than mirrors to back up. I ALWAYS turn my head to look behind me before I back up. But that is just me.

If the child is in the center seat, and the driver is as large as Harris is, it seems highly likely he couldn't get in the position to see Cooper.

I always turn around too. I'm about the only one I know who does it - but I turn around to switch lanes or back up.

Yes, but even if you are unable to perform CPR or call 911 or your spouse, wouldn't a person want to be immediately next to his poor suffering baby? He put distance (and a cell phone) between his baby and himself.

And now, a word of advice for anyone who has a child who is put in a back seat carseat: Get a piece of cardboard. Write: "Don't Forget the Baby" on it. Tape it to your driver side door (it can be done). You will not forget your child, and you don't have to purchase anything, and you don't have to rely on technology- just your own two eyes.

I wonder if that is why they were researching heat and death. I bet there is little to no info on the internet about a child dying in a hot apartment.

Not too long ago, there was no AC in apartments or homes, and babies didn't just die. A car is a unique environment in that it is enclosed, un-insulated, and left in the sun. There is no air flow, and truthfully, not much air.

I can't imagine a parent worried that their child will die because the AC in the apartment is out to the extent that they would research it.

In other cases where a parent left a child in a hot car for several hours, I wonder if there are any other cases where the parent either:

Went to the car at lunchtime and failed to notice the child in the car

OR

Drove several miles before noticing the child and taking action

Either one of these becomes a "smoking gun" of sorts, but to have both these unusual circumstances present in the same case?

OR

Researched on how long it takes for a child to die in a hot car and at what temperature?

OR

Had breakfast with the child 3-5 minutes before "forgetting" them.

I don't see "graduated". I see "According to a 2006 newspaper wedding announcement, she attended the University of Alabama to study food and nutrition. She currently is a licensed dietitian in Georgia."

I was wondering this same thing...

does a person with a dietician's license need to have graduated from a university...I would assume so... But I was wondering if it was the University of Alabama that she actually graduated from?

additionally... Having a license may mean it is up to date... And is current... But it does not necessarily mean she is working at this time in that capacity...

Soooo... I am still left wondering if she is currently working... And if so... Where?

:waitasec:

"Justin stated that he was fearful that this could happen," one of the four warrants released to The Associated Press stated.

USA Today reports that a total of 11 search warrants will be released this weekend and more information is expected to be released in the next 48 hours.

http://www.weather.com/news/georgia-boy-cooper-harris-hot-car-death-20140628

"The chain of events that occurred in this case do not point toward simple negligence and evidence will be presented to support this allegation," Houser said in a message released by the department.

How was able to call ANYONE? I was in a car accident on the highway and so rattled I couldn't handle my phone to call 911 and gave it to someone else to do it for me. So he's on the phone calling people? That is messed up IMO.

That's one thing that bothers me almost more than the computer searches. Who after seeing the horrific shape his baby was in thinks about making phone calls? :banghead:

I was wondering this same thing...

does a person with a dietician's license need to have graduated from a university...I would assume so... But I was wondering if it was the University of Alabama that she actually graduated from?

additionally... Having a license may mean it is up to date... And is current... But it does not necessarily mean she is working at this time in that capacity...

Soooo... I am still left wondering if she is currently working... And if so... Where?

:waitasec:
Yes, my sister is a licensed dietician and has a Master's degree in Nutrition.

Guesses on what happens Thursday when he goes to court? If the DA's case is as strong as it appears to me, I say no bond or 1Million.

He certainly isn't a danger to any other children in the home and he has ties to the community and he has a place to go unless the LL requests that they leave for some reason. I suspect in that case he could stay with family.

My guess is that if he is released, he wont be able to stop himself from talking to any and all. jmo.

The fact that he couldn't call 911 but he could make other calls on his phone.

Agreed.

If the witness statements to the media are factual that he made other calls after asking someone else to call 911, then he has no acceptable excuse for not making the 911 call himself.

As the parent, he was in the best position to get an immediate response from 911 because a parent is going to insist in no uncertain terms that they need assistance NOW.

If he delegated that responsibility to someone else, but had the presence of mind to make other phone calls, well... I have no words.

So you were too rattled to call 911 and had someone else do it, but Harris requesting someone else to call 911 seems odd to a lot of posters here.

Personally, I think it's very smart to get someone less in shock to call 911, and it's what the Red Cross recommends in that situation. So good that you had the sense to do that. And good Harris also had that same idea.

Because by all accounts Harris wasn't making any sense at all at that time.

But the warrants state that as soon as he had told someone else to dial 911 and let others take over CPR, he started making calls to other people on his mobile phone - so I cannot agree with your argument as surely either you are fit to make calls or you are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties