GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or are you smelling things that aren't there? :floorlaugh:

Don't know about all of them, :floorlaugh: but I can usually hunt down what is causing the smell and everyone just looks at each other and exclaim "How the hell did you know that was there?". I really should've worked for DEA, I can detect the smell of pot from blocks away. :floorlaugh:

Maybe I have watched too many crime dramas( I have!) in which death notifications are done in person. I can't wrap my head around a cop encouraging someone to give a child's death notification to their spouse over the phone.MHO

darn tootin

every day...people get really sad news that way
happened to me and I know of others here too

I don't think "everyone" would investigate an odor before driving off, it if weren't so horrific.

I don't think anyone at this crime scene vomited except dear little Cooper. To me, that means the smell wasn't horrific. When people experience shock and a horrific smell, they often vomit.

So. To the bolded part, I'd say no. If he had planned ahead of time to kill his child and was on the way to make his dramatic appearance, I don't think a little smell that didn't cause him to vomit would cause him to derail his dastardly plan.

I respect everyone's opinion also, and try to respond respectfully.

George Anthony drove Casey's car all the way to their home and didn't vomit.

Gosh you guys. I am checking in for the first time since last night. There are so many pages, no way I can keep up! Can someone just give me a 5 second recap? Anything new from LE, witnesses, family, friends?

TIA!!

Would you have investigated the source of that odor prior to getting into your steaming hot vehicle and driving for 10 minutes?

I think you would. Everyone would. Unless you already knew what it was.

I will take speculation one step further...what if his plan was to make it to drinks with the co workers and then do the big reveal but he just couldn't take the smell any more?

I respect everyone's point of view sincerely, but he was driving around with the overwhelming odor of his dead baby, no windows down and claimed the baby had just been choking when the body was in fixed rigor and blue/gray.

Really?
That makes me wonder if he was a dad that didn't do dirty diapers and was used to the smell of poopy pants in the car.
I've known so many dads like that.
It's sad.

Had he rolled the windows down when he started the car and pulled out, it would take a few min for the car to cool down. Maybe he did roll the windows up and when he did he had to pull over.
just a thought.

Thanks, Karmady. I'll look for it. I do know that corpses belch and vomit and have posted about the belching part.

Lordy. :(

yes, I saw those. Thanks. It was the vehicle movement being a trigger that could have dramatically increased the smell that was the "new" part that hadn't occurred to me. It seems obvious in retrospect, but could explain why the vehicle didn't smell bad at first but reeked at the scene. jmo

Would you have investigated the source of that odor prior to getting into your steaming hot vehicle and driving for 10 minutes?

I think you would. Everyone would. Unless you already knew what it was.

I will take speculation one step further...what if his plan was to make it to drinks with the co workers and then do the big reveal but he just couldn't take the smell any more?

I respect everyone's point of view sincerely, but he was driving around with the overwhelming odor of his dead baby, no windows down and claimed the baby had just been choking when the body was in fixed rigor and blue/gray.

Really?
Most likely he had the AC blasting on such a hot day, he wouldn't want to be overheated now would he?? If he did intentionally leave the baby to die I feel that he would hold his breath and just bear it as long as he could before he just had to stop and discover Cooper. Casey Anthony drove around for days until she had to finally toss her baby into the swamp and ditch the car.

George knew the smell of decomp when he smelled it. Casey drove the car around with that smell for weeks. Presumably she wasn't vomiting and she knew why she was smelling it.

Getting back to our little man-

LE mentioned the overwhelming smell contributing to their disbelief regarding this story. The overwhelming smell in this hot car was in a fixed location pretty close to the driver's seat, right?

He wont be able to get around that one. The best he can do is come up with some kind of psychiatric episode as an explanation and I would love to see a psych eval on him anyway so bring it on.

:floorlaugh: So you have "Smellavision".

I do too!

My guess CA could drive around for a few days with her deceased daughter is that she is a psychopath and doesn't have any empathy for anyone except herself.

George Anthony drove Casey's car all the way to their home and didn't vomit.

Well he did talk about how awful it smelled and that he had to open all the windows and hang his head out of the window to breathe. He told police that the car smelled like a corpse.

JMO on "the smell" since it has come up again.
There would be no decomp smell after 7 hours. Skin would be gray/blue especially in legs and lower abdomen. The body would be in intermediate stages of rigor. Gases and fluids would be released when someone picked the toddler up, and WOULD be somewhat overwhelming after "CPR" was attempted. The toddler would have been in the beginning stages of "bloat" meaning that skin is still intact and trying to contain the building volume of gas and liquid from inside he body. So, the smell would have been more hydrogen sulfide and methane, and not so much "death" or decay.

The gases and fluid would look like vomit, and smell putrid after he body was disturbed and jostled, but not necessarily before. If the body temp was lower than the air temp (likely) and the AC was turned on, the body would "sweat" - its just thermodynamics.

The car would definitely smell worse AFTER the body was jostled that before. If gases (and especially liquids) were released while the toddler was being extracted from the car seat, and would be VERY noticeable. Even more noticeable if one cop told another "come smell this". That's just human nature.

again, IMO - there would be no smell associated with death at noon

Source - 30+ years in a hospital environment including morgue/death investigation activity. This included being on duty when a mother in denial brought he deceased baby to the ER because he would "not eat and kept spitting up and had really bad diarrhea"

It is not a 'fact' that the mother searched. I think she is lying.

I think he never thought he would be investigated, he thought he would be taken at his word. Tragic accident.

JMO

Yup, I think she lied too and she should be charged with obstruction of justice if they catch her lying.....IMO

Well let's see, maybe insurance or donations made by people who just want to help a grieving family??? He probably had work insurance that covered dependents.

No evidence of any of that yet. We'll have to wait and see.

It depends when and where and why.
And I think that it is a good thing to know and that many many parents have probably searched for info on it after hearing a case about it on the news.

I tend to think that if a parent was concerned and worried that this could happen to a child enough to look it up on the internet would be even more conscientious and even more careful afterwards to make sure it did not happen to their child.

Well he did talk about how awful it smelled and that he had to open all the windows and hang his head out of the window to breathe. He told police that the car smelled like a corpse.

True, but he only vomited much later (days?) when talking to the police not while driving.

Cars come with alerts to remind you to fasten your seat belt. If a weight sensor can trigger a seat belt alarm maybe it could also trigger an alarm when the car is turned off and there is weight on the back seats?

This was discussed several threads back - someone stated that they have the technology but will not use it - even for K-9 dogs who sometimes need to be left in a vehicle - because of the threat of liability.

Imagine if it malfunctioned and the car company would be held responsible for the death of a child... not worth the risk due to our litigious society :(

My car actually has an alert if something is in my front seat but doesn't weigh enough - I assume to prevent someone from placing a child there with the air bag danger.

I do. I think that many people don't know that a 70 degree car in the sun and with the windows rolled up can be like an oven in a few mins.

I can totally see the search without any evil intent.

We are talking about summertime temperatures in Georgia here. If you drive a car without AC and you are driving about in that kind of heat it can be difficult to breathe. I just can not see any reason for an intelligent person to research that unless they definitely needed to know how long it was going to take. I think "timing" was a crucial element.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juliehollz