GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Even though I think he deliberately did this, I would be fine with him getting 10 years in prison because at least that way SOME price is paid." Chewy

If he was proven to have deliberately killed son in an oven I would think life in prison without parole would be more appropriate IMO.

I would think the same thing. But before you actually have a child you have no idea how hard it actually is. People have posted before that people who have a hard time having children tend to treat them as more "cherished." And I don't necessarily agree with this.

Sometimes these parents set up this fantasy version of what having a baby really means. It's all magical and fantasy and the brutal reality of no sleep, money problems and feeling trapped can really overwhelm people. So just because he really tried to have this baby doesn't mean he was happy with the reality.

That's what I had always been told and believed. I found having a baby remarkably easy. I was fortunate though as I didn't have to work and my baby was exceptionally easy. As an infant, he Never cried, I mean never....unless he was hungry. And slept like a champ too.

I would image having a fussy baby that cried a lot or suffered colic is extremely difficult. I would also imagine the rigors of breast feeding every two hours around the clock would also be life altering. I didn't have that choice. I can't even comprehend how mothers that do manage. My hats off to em!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was not usually picking up his child after work. So that is just self explanatory.

We simply do not know this. There has been chatter on the internet, but no witness statements saying who picked up who and when. I wish we did know, it would clear a lot up

And to add, What does reeked mean. It is a dramatic statement not a factual one.

People have different sniffers. I think Skunk smells like tuna fish, Some people vomit at the smell though.

What reeks to one may not reek to another.

There is no mistaking the smell either way. When you smell it, I'm certain you don't think a tuna got hit by a car:)

Yeah my ex was one of those. Too busy with his GF to handle things at home.:moo:

In Ross' case I am picking up an affair but not necessarily just with a gf it could be with a bf.

Don't you think they would have been sure to specifically state that? It would have been a lot more damning. I think it was the driver side door as stated. If he opened either back door I'm confident we would already know this. JMO

Why would they need to? Why not say Driver's door? We aren't told what they know.:moo:

So, if his job was to drop off the kid, and go to work, does that mean for the rest of the day, even assuming he somehow misremembered that he had dropped Cooper off at daycare, his mind would not go toward his baby throughout that entire 7 hour period, not even with the possible trigger of going to his vehicle where he last interacted with his child at lunch time? As a parent, that just seems completely unbelievable to me, unless he has no real connection with his son.

Yup. And to quote Dr. Drew (he says this all the time), "Big people take care of little people."

Another thought. At TOD, we can assume the child's core temp was above the normal 37.5 C or 98.6 F, and likely in excess of 106 F, which is the usual limit of human survival, or thereabouts. As time went on after death, it's reasonable to assume the body did not cool off to room temp, but accelerated to match the ambient temp in the car. My "WAG" is that the body was probably in excess of 110 degrees, and potentially hotter than that. I wonder if a core temp was done close to the time of the discovery of the body? Did the ME office respond to the scene?

I think so since they put up a tent around the scene.

When car buzzers go off all of the time people tend to ignore them. If they worked well people would never lock their keys in their cars or leave their headlights on. I have a feeling that a seat alarm would have the same problem. JMO.

Andrew Schuler, 12, has been inventing things for years. Last year, he entered a rubber band youth inventors contest. He came up with "The EZ Baby Saver."

He posted directions on his website so others can make their own.
http://www.ezbabysaver.com/

"I didn't make it where people had to pay for it and they could just make it themselves and it would just kind of raise awareness and it would make society a better place," Schuler said.

A Brentwood father of three recently created a smartphone app designed to fight the same problem. The app determines when the car has stopped moving for more than three minutes. An alert then goes to the phone asking "Did you remember the kids?" You can find the app on iTunes for $1.99.

YW I cannot support either parent in this case. I felt vindicated last night when I heard the FBI profiler talk about how the searches ARE suspicious and that the funeral behavior IS suspicious and it WILL be taken into consideration by the FBI and IT is being done as we speak. Per the FBI last night on CNN.....

I cannot and will not in the face of evidence that we know today support either parent. This is by no means an "attack" on anyone...it's not only my opinion but the FBI's as well as CNN.

I want to know when and how much the life insurance policy on this child is/was and the tox screen. I think he drugged him at ChicFila. WE will see. This is my theory...it doesn't have to support anyone elses. I will NOT stand for what this mother did at that funeral and the FBI isn't going to either. IT is Suspect. Period. The Profiler stated that her behavior at the funeral was suspect and it will be interesting to see if further charges are to come. That is what was stated. And it's also my belief that "they were in this together".

It's not rocket science. There is something very wrong with this couple IMMHO:tantrum:

You are so right! When I read what this woman said at the funeral, my first thought was-If you are guilty, keep your mouth shut!
Who brags, brags, brags about their husband, who at best, just let your child die of a heat stroke!
I never considered her as in on it, till I read her speech. Now, I've put her in the same boat as the father.
If she was my sister or daughter, after that funeral, I would have had a long talk with her.

We have one officer talking about his sensibilities as a grandfather and one saying it reeked.

To me same drama. Not needed and unnecessary in this case.

Reeked only applies to one person. That does not mean it really reeked.

Okay.

That is Incorrect. Two LE sources on the scene, remarked on the smell in the car. One stated that it "reeked". The other stated that "it stunk to the high heavens".

Not drama.

Fact.

Having a differing opinion is one thing, and is to be respected, however, isn't this power posting? Isn't this being contrary just to be contrary in the face of stated and linked MSM facts? Is that allowed? Because honestly, I am exhausted by it at this point.

In Ross' case I am picking up an affair but not necessarily just with a gf it could be with a bf.

I've said that and people get pretty mad at that suggestion. Tread carefully, apparently suggesting this happening as a fact of life is really controversial.

I don't know that I think he had an affair, personally. BUT, if he did...I could see it being with a man. JMO

There is no mistaking the smell either way. When you smell it, I'm certain you don't think a tuna got hit by a car:)

I swear to you, I can nearly recall the smell of a human being dead. It's insane how unmistakable it is.

Has anyone figured out what the map is all about on Roscoeua's photobucket. Probably nothing relevant but am curious. http://s132.photobucket.com/user/RoscoeUA/media/Misc Temp/starkvillemap.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1
Hope everyone is having a good afternoon! I am trying to catch up. I can't read much of anything on that map other than Veteran's Memorial Parkway and Old Hwy 92.
I am thinking somewhere in Hiram. Maybe he was refereeing a game out there? I'll try and compare it to a Google map later if no one else has figured it out.

If he did not back IN, he had to back OUT (looking back first).
If he BACKED in, he would have looked behind him while doing so.

No dice.

Unless... He parked in a spot where he could drive into it... Then go forward through the slot in front of him (if it was empty)...

But I agree that not seeking his boy all those occasions he was in the car is VERY hard for me to believe...:no:

Would love to see arrested dads text records after he "checked on auto" by placing an item inside. He could've sent her a coded message.

We have one officer talking about his sensibilities as a grandfather and one saying it reeked.

To me same drama. Not needed and unnecessary in this case.

Reeked only applies to one person. That does not mean it really reeked.

I am curious as to what you think the MOTIVE would be for these two LE officers to lie about the smell in the car and their assessment of what happened. Do you think they personally knew Mr. Harris and were somehow out to "get him"?

I assume the door had been standing open for some minutes as Ross pulled Cooper out and by-stander tried to do CPR. So by the time the police came up to vehicle - if it were not a strong odor - it would have dissipated somewhat. Just using my common sense and my experience with things (not people) left in hot cars here in Ga.

I don't see "graduated". I see "According to a 2006 newspaper wedding announcement, she attended the University of Alabama to study food and nutrition. She currently is a licensed dietitian in Georgia."
http://registrar.ua.edu/doc/uploads/200740-Winter-2007.pdf

page 30
Graduated *advertiser censored* Laude
12/15/2007

She holds a current valid license in Ga as well. It's on the Ga gov license site.

That matters not. They often get it wrong.

I disagree that LE "often gets it wrong". I will also include the ME's office and the DA's office, since these three agencies have determined in this case there is enough evidence to charge 2nd degree child cruelty and felony murder.

I think sometimes LE gets it wrong - but I don't believe it occurs with such frequency as to characterize it as "often".

Thank goodness we live in a country that affords and protects an accused person's right to a fair trial so that the evidence can be examined and weighed. I know wrongful convictions do occur, which is a travesty of justice (and I fully support the Innocence Project), but I don't believe that most felons serving time were wrongfully convicted because LE "got it wrong", nor do I believe that everyone acquitted is innocent of their crime(s).

IMO, LE (including the ME and the DA) gets it right more often than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme