GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

bbm
Yeah me neither, but it reminded me of reading this.

'The police put him in the cop car and he was talking to one of the detectives and he would be very calm, but then very crazy, crying. I saw him looking back trying to work out what was going on, but he wasn't looking back in concern for his son, he was looking back to see who the police were talking to.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-animal-die-hot-car-toddler-son-died-way.html

I don't remember reading this before.

'But the baby didn't look like it had been choking, it looked like it had been sweating, like it had been in a swimming pool, his hair was all wet.

I keep asking this question, but there doesn't seem to be an answer:

We know that children cannot be left unattended in a vehicle. Why were both parents researching how long a child could be left unattended in a vehicle on a hot day before that child is dead? If they were concerned about the well being of the child, and doing what is best and safe, they don't need to know now long it takes for a child to die in a hot car because they're not leaving their child unattended in a vehicle.

It is a good question and one that we have all been wondering....unlike some others, I do have emotion attached to this case....how can you not when a little child has died?????

I just want to be clear ( in my best Obama tone ;) )
I am not defending this guy. I am trying to stick to the facts and be neutral until I see all the evidence, just like I was a juror.
Just because there are some of us who are not jumping on the murderer bandwagon, Does not mean that we are defending him. We are looking for the details and weighing them both ways and seeing how it fits best at this point.

There is no emotion in this for me and added emotion just clouds the facts IMO.

At this point I see a horrid mistake. I don't see murder. I don't see premeditation. I don't see anything that makes me think he wanted to get rid of his child.

Suppose I helped you to a chair in my garden. You were wearing a new dress you loved, dry clean only. And in less than two minutes time, I blasted you with the garden hose. My excuse..."I forgot in that two minutes that you were sitting there." Those would be ..."the facts."

Suppose I asked to try on a very valuable ring you were wearing. and in less than two minutes time, I got in my car to leave, wearing that ring, and drove away. My Excuse..."I forgot in two minutes time that I had your ring on." Those would be..."the facts."

Suppose I asked if your toddler could accompany mine to an event you disapproved of and you said no. Suppose in less than two minutes time, I had your child in my car driving away against your objections. When confronted, I say..."I forgot in those two minutes that you said no." Those would be...again...the raw facts.

If ALL these things happened...wouldn't most of us start to use logic and common sense to move beyond the facts...to conclusions? Conclusions about the friendship, and whether I could be trusted, and what was deliberate and what was "forgetfulness?"

Because odd "facts" have another meaning when they are cumulative.

In other words...if I hit you and your new dress with a torrent of water, walked out with your ring, and took your child somewhere against your express wishes...could any of us just say...SMM is a wonderful friend. All these facts prove is that SSM...forgets.

This is the point I'm trying to make. We have facts and then we ANALYZE and USE those facts.

There are many strange "facts" in this case. We can just leave them alone and say we are waiting for...oh, a note from Mom..."Don't forget to leave the Baby in the car for more than 4 hours like it says on the WEB!"

That is not going to happen. In these hot car deaths, there are not going to be any "smoking gun."

But we can sit and wait for some smoking gun...or...we can use logic, common sense, and probability to knit those odd facts together. To see NO cause,nothing, NADA, even with what we now know...requires defying the probability of all these strange events having a benign explanation.

That Baby deserves our best effort, not to wait for some smoking gun...but use our good minds, our intellect, our reasoning capabilities and our common sense.

No Baby should be forgotten after your hands were on his little body...in just the two minutes it took to turn away from Daycare and head to work. No Baby should be that forgettable.

But I respect your right to believe otherwise....and it adds to our deliberations to make us focus on why WE believe otherwise.

IMO, It's not a cult thing, it's an evangelical/fundamentalist Christian thing (which can become kind of cult-like for some people). I knew exactly what she was saying in the funeral language. "Leader of the family" and "broken world" are evangelical catch words. That language signifies that you are a part of the group. She takes it to an extreme, which seems borderline delusional--just not in touch with normal human emotions. I've seen this so much-- actually celebrating that a child is now in Heaven, rather than allowing oneself to mourn like a normal human being. It signals to me that she strives very hard to be a "good witness to Christ". There's a strong internal pressure she feels to show her faith or to be a good Christian. I don't see this in him. He uses bad language and does not talk about his personal faith walk very deeply at all. I think there's probably a conflict there between them. And yes, he does seem happy when he's with his friends and football. JMO

(above, bbm)
All very true. I have seen/witnessed this behavior, as well. Like you, I knew exactly what she was saying, in evangelical/fundamentalist language. . Being raised Catholic, there were many terms I never "got", and still don't.

justin-ross-harris-dad-killed-boy-2.jpg

Front windows not tinted.

http://hollywoodlife.com/pics/justin-ross-harris-son-pics/#!22/justin-ross-harris-dad-killed-boy-2/

Reflection or photo attached to a lamp?

I honestly can't tell, but IF it is a picture taped to the lamp....why?? It's an odd thing to do when you could simply display it in a nice frame. Makes me wonder if it was specifically placed there as some sort of message or reminder??? (Again, not saying it couldn't be a reflection).

I missed the lunch discussion. Have we gotten new info. that he went out to lunch? Or is this speculation as to what he might have done for lunch? TIA - it's hard to keep up.....

It has been confirmed that he went out to lunch and did not drive his car. We don't know if he rode with coworkers or walked etc...

I just had a thought. It may be way off but a question just surfaced in my mind. All the pics of the Tucson with the police tape around it - in all the pics the driver's side door is open. That makes sense whether it was an act or an accident as he would have wanted to get the baby out of the car quickly either way, but the back doors are closed in every picture. So, either 1. he (or somebody else) took the time to close the back door but not the front door after Cooper was out or 2. JRH was close enough to Cooper in the car to be able to get him out of the car seat from the front and take him out the front door. If option 2 happened then there is another piece of the puzzle that screams that he HAD to have seen Cooper in the car before pulling into the shopping center. Just a thought.

I just want to be clear ( in my best Obama tone ;) )
I am not defending this guy. I am trying to stick to the facts and be neutral until I see all the evidence, just like I was a juror.
Just because there are some of us who are not jumping on the murderer bandwagon, Does not mean that we are defending him. We are looking for the details and weighing them both ways and seeing how it fits best at this point.

There is no emotion in this for me and added emotion just clouds the facts IMO.

At this point I see a horrid mistake. I don't see murder. I don't see premeditation. I don't see anything that makes me think he wanted to get rid of his child.

Reflection or photo attached to a lamp?

it looks like a photo attached to the lamp IMO

But I also was certain I saw Caylee's skull and favorite book in the crime scene photos

I may have missed it, but did someone post a source for the information that Mom was out of town? Was it a day trip? Overnight? If Dad was planning to go out with friends, and she was away, who was supposed to pick Cooper up at Daycare? I haven't seen anything saying she was out of town at the time, so I don't mean to say she wasn't. Just asking.

Also - Two things I've read do not fit the time line if mom was out of town. First was a comment that the day care closes at 6 p.m. That seems early to me - perhaps they have allowances for late pick-up? Did anyone else read that?
Secondly - on NG (I know) - it was stated that he was going out for drinks and a movie with friends. This was approaching 4:30 - even if they were going straight to the movie - it would last around 2 hours - right? That makes it 6:30 or 7:00. So he would not be back to pick up Cooper on time. Also if they had drinks first - that would make time frame even later.

Possible explanations:
1. Mom was coming back in time to pick up Cooper
2. The stated closing time was incorrect or they have option of late pick-up.
3. The movie story on NG was not true.
4. I've run out of things to dissect and am anxiously awaiting more *real* facts tomorrow!!

Probably #4 -

I don't know. It was originally reported, then yanked. Why it was yanked...? I dunno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am wondering as well about the original comment from LE: " We don't even know if Cooper was in the car at 9:00 A.M."

Can this possibly pertain to the Chikfila Breakfast?

RH arrived at work at 9:30 after having breakfast with Cooper inside of the Chikfila.

At 9:00 A.M. Cooper was in the restaurant with RH having breakfast, and not in the car. Maybe video cleared that up for LE when they realized that RH brought him in with him, then strapped him back in the car and drove to work instead of Cooper's daycare.

Maybe in the very beginning of the investigation LE believed that RH "forgot" Cooper after pulling out of his driveway at home and driving to work. Maybe LE was in the midst of investigating and corroborating the Chikfila stop when they made that statement.

As in, this guy forgot his son during his commute to work and went to work instead of his daycare. No. It's even worse, he stopped and ate with Cooper at Chikfila at 9:00 A.M., which is across the street from his place of employment, and he forgot him in 3 minutes. And then Video corroborated it for them?

Cooper was not even in the car at 9:00 A.M. , he had been having breakfast and interacting with his father.....and this guy forgot him within minutes.

Just speculating on the timing of that statement. I think we are just hearing it out of context and it has to do with the stop at Chikfila. Making RH "forgetting" his son, even more stunning and inexplicable to the police. And maybe they didn't yank it but just never elaborated on it and instead just released the Chikfila evidence. 9:00 A.M. would line right up.

CCmakes3....I am nominating your response for Post of the Day!!!

I DID laugh out loud! And people are paying $60,000 a year in tuition somewhere ....to have a professor demonstrate to their offspring...that there is a grave threat of a developing classroom bias against silent, non-reactive loners who come to class everyday with bags over their heads. A new victim group!

This is hilarious!!

Thanks, stmarys! I am guessing this was done back in the 60's. I can't see it getting past the ethics review board nowadays with all of the school shooting rampages. In this day and age I would automatically assume I was going to be shot or at least robbed if someone walked into a public place with their face concealed under a bag. I suppose you'd get used to it if it happened day after day, but the thought of becoming accustomed to such behavior is pretty scary in and of itself! To be honest, I am kind of relieved to hear that the rest of the students were alarmed by it. If something makes you fearful or uncomfortable, I don't think you should brush it off just to be "nice" and give an odd stranger the benefit of the doubt.

Oh my gosh. Do you know how many pics I have of me or Dh holding our kids where we are not smiling? For all we know it could be 4 am.

Certainly nothing evidentiary or telling here.

That's not a reflection on the lamp. It doesn't wrap around it sticks out like a taped up photo of Leanne.
Father looks grouchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member