GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
that is interesting. I'm betting they have CCTV for that day. Homedepot is huge company like the one I work for. We have CCTV on all floors of our parking garage at this location. Also on the outside of the buildings where we have parking lots instead of garages. Also our company has a reverse first parking rule. All vehicles must be backed in. Some really bright (I doubt it) person did a study and states it is safer to reverse park. So now we must abide by this ridiculousness. I know other companies within our field require it. homedepot may also.....just more food for thought

Yes, someone posted a link yesterday. They have cameras and security everywhere and have to swipe their employee id to get into the building.

I guess if they used the chicco key, it still sits in a base, and could just use two bases. But wouldn't mom need to get the carseat from the car. Just thinking out loud. They must of had two. Maybe an upgraded on and this one.

I'm catching up so this may already been mentioned-
As crowded as that parking lot is, I'm amazed no one noticed the child. Makes sense as to why he arrived late and left early. You have to wonder how he managed to avoid being caught during lunch hours.... Unless he picked this day because of the food truck? Is there more parking that is somewhat more secluded?

My original opinion was the Chikfila stop was to make sure he arrived a few minutes later than his colleagues so that everyone would have gone upstairs. There was also rumor (although I don't know if substantiated) that he parked in a different spot than he normally did. If he did, all of this will come out at trial.

I think the point wasn't "absent minded" but "devoted." IOW the people who did this were dedicated parents. But that's just a bunch of sappy crap IMHO because dedicated parents don't forget their children.

Im sorry but that is not what the research and the info says. It is normal good parents. It is devoted loving parents.

When my son was a baby, I also had a van with back tinted windows, pretty much the same tint as the defendant's vehicle.

I could see everything in the back seat while standing at the driver's door. Everything.

I can not and my car is in full sun. I can see the outline of car seats but not what is in them.

Yes, someone posted a link yesterday. They have cameras and security everywhere and have to swipe their employee id to get into the building.

I think that article stated they had guard shacks too.

HLN has an indepth preview of tomorrows hearing at 3pm with Vinnie

With all the technology seized in the warrants and the fact that dad seems pretty tech and app savvy being in web design, I have to wonder if Ross made use of Google's phone features such as drive, voice activated features etc.

My phone via a free google app and ATT service plan, knows without me telling it that I am driving and to offer to me hands free options for answering calls and speaking on them while I drive. The phone tells google when I am driving all by itself. Which means probably there is some electronic record of everywhere my phone (and ostensibly me with it) are at all times.

Wonder if Ross made use of such features if they were available on his phone. I would think he would use many apps available being a techie kind of person.

Just some thoughts I have been turning over in my mind.

If dad told a very abreviated tale to LE about his day, leaving out certain activities his phone may be what gave him up and what is allowing LE to "trace his steps" that day per the article about the lunch off site from work sans his vehicle.

I just tried the search thing and it didn't work for me. I typed in a few items I searched for, and then cleaned my safari. I am sure it is still somewhere on my phone. Nothing is gone forever.

It does for me and I have a 5.

I am being nit picky, I know, but Cooper looks much younger in that car sear picture than in some of the more recent ones.
jmo
ejuzeqaq.jpg

Oh yeah, I agree and think he was probably in a different (convertible) seat by this point, unless he was just really short or he had exceeded the seat limits but they didn't realize it and kept him in it. I think average kids outgrown this seat around 1 year, though some can make it longer if they are petite (and some outgrow it sooner).

My son is above average height and weight so no way he would fit in that seat at his current age (21 months). We switched him to a Diono Radian (he's still rearfacing) when he was around 8 months or so.

That's interesting, I didn't know that. Ultimately we're going to see what's on the CCTV and I bet it reveals a lot more than people expect. When this first happened on page like TWO of the first thread, when they arrested him right away I said "they caught him looking at the back of the car" And voila, lunch break.

If he walks up to the FRONT of the car and opens the door it's possible he wouldn't have seen him, or thought of him. But coming from the back I have an idea that they will actually have video of him looking in the back car window, then deliberately realizing the child is still alive and covering up his actions in a weird way.

We'll see

Yes! I hope so. People become oblivous to their surroundings when they go to a location on a daily basis. When I started here I asked if they had cameras all over...He said yes. All over the parking garages, entry doors, hallways, stairwells, etc. Only place no cameras is elevators, offices, and bathrooms. Thank goodness I have adjusted my panties in the elevator before. haha :blushing:

Another thing I'd like to know is if they have guards on duty? We have two here at all times. This is just an office building no equipment or anything. Anyhow every hour or so one of the guards will walk the parking garage and stairwells just checking stuff and writing warnings for incorrect parking etc.

Wish we had an insider from the Homedepot building......

With all the technology seized in the warrants and the fact that dad seems pretty tech and app savvy being in web design, I have to wonder if Ross made use of Google's phone features such as drive, voice activated features etc.

My phone via a free google app and ATT service plan, knows without me telling it that I am driving and to offer to me hands free options for answering calls and speaking on them while I drive. The phone tells google when I am driving all by itself. Which means probably there is some electronic record of everywhere my phone (and ostensibly me with it) are at all times.

Wonder if Ross made use of such features if they were available on his phone. I would think he would use many apps available being a techie kind of person.

If dad told a very abreviated tale to LE about his day, leaving out certain activities his phone may be what gave him up and what is allowing LE to "trace his steps" that day per the article about the lunch off site from work sans his vehicle.

Why is there not a kid in the car app? You put the kid in the car seat and then hit a button and it sends a message to your phone and reminds you every 10 mins until you shut it off when you arrive ?

Im sorry but that is not what the research and the info says. It is normal good parents. It is devoted loving parents.

Um, that's what SOME of the research shows. But this blanket statement is incorrect. 18 percent of children left in cars are left there deliberately by their parents. A handful of parents who leave their kids in cars are upstanding citizens and devoted parents. But to suggest this is the majority is completely wrong.

You need to reexamine the numbers instead of reading some emotional puff piece that only covers the "good ones." :twocents:

What app is this? Do you have an iphone? I ask becuase my kid needs it!!!!

Oh yeah, I agree and think he was probably in a different (convertible) seat by this point, unless he was just really short or he had exceeded the seat limits but they didn't realize it and kept him in it. I think average kids outgrown this seat around 1 year, though some can make it longer if they are petite (and some outgrow it sooner). My son is above average height and weight so no way he would fit in that seat at his current age (21 months)

If that is the correct seat it goes up to 30 pounds and 30 inches. A little more then the average infant seat.

I would go with the infant 35 pounds seat if I had another baby.

One of blue's posts:

originally posted by blue22
Okay, I have been ANXIOUSLY waiting to make this observation until I had my nephew. He was just dropped off and we are outside in the driveway. I have a Hyundai and my nephew is 19 months old and sits in a rear facing seat. (Not tall enough to forward.) I've walked up to the driver side and as I get close, I can CLEARLY see him sitting through the tinted windows. Even if I glance out of the side of my eye. I open the door and if I lean forward to throw something on the other seat, I see leg and hand, and ear.

ETA: In other news, there is a half eaten banana and partial bag of apple slices from 8:00 am that stinks to high heaven. I can only imagine what he smelled when he opened that door at noon...

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - GA - Ongoing probe into toddler's death first blamed on heat, Cobb County, June 2014

He held jobs at the University of Alabama from August 2001 until May 2006 as a parking monitor and later as a mail delivery clerk, said Cathy Andreen, university director of media relations.
He worked as a police dispatcher in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.

I wonder what his duties as a parking monitor included.

All good points. And to reiterate NOTHING is gone from the phone forever. It can always be retrieved.

Why is there not a kid in the car app? You put the kid in the car seat and then hit a button and it sends a message to your phone and reminds you every 10 mins until you shut it off when you arrive ?

Love it! Would be great if it auto did it when child placed in car seat.. never know with this new technology!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech