GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, that's what SOME of the research shows. But this blanket statement is incorrect. 18 percent of children left in cars are left there deliberately by their parents. A handful of parents who leave their kids in cars are upstanding citizens and devoted parents. But to suggest this is the majority is completely wrong.

You need to reexamine the numbers instead of reading some emotional puff piece that only covers the "good ones." :twocents:

I am not talking about the deliberate ones who are idiots. I am talking about the ones that do it with no ill intention and it is an honest mistake. They are good attentive loving parents. People always want to say not me, I would never but

There but for the grace of God go I.

It can happen to anyone under the right circumstances. IMO

I am never so arrogant to think that no matter what I do, Mistakes, bad things can happen or I could make a mistake.

If you're even paying the slightest bit of attention, maybe you would. if you're not, who knows. jmo

Even if you didn't see the top of his head, you'd hear him. I have a child in a rear facing seat, even when she's asleep, I can hear her moving around. No way he didn't at least hear him back there. Sure, people may have forgotten their kid in the car, but within minutes they remembered. The whole "my kid died in a hot car because I forgot him" is BS! You simply don't forget your kid in the car, work all day, then suddenly remember..... when it's too late!

Why is there not a kid in the car app? You put the kid in the car seat and then hit a button and it sends a message to your phone and reminds you every 10 mins until you shut it off when you arrive ?

There is.

originally posted by blue22
I am actually sitting in my car waiting for the rain to suside. Do we know how tall he is? I am quite short (Probably 5 foot 2) and as I walked to the front seat and opened the car, I could see my nephew. I would think that would be easier for a taller person.

By the way, the warrant says he has a 2011 Hyundai Tucson. I have a 2012

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - GA - Ongoing probe into toddler's death first blamed on heat, Cobb County, June 2014

I can see just fine in my back seats WITH TINT!! No way would I NOT be able to see a car seat.

I go away for a while...geez. We share a car. Husband won't be home until (probably) after dark. If not, I'll get a picture today. Otherwise, happy to snap one tomorrow morning. Keep in mind, my car seat is forward face gain. It will probably give a good idea, though.

That appears to be a light blue Tucson parked under that tree. The reserved spaces you see in the front are the first row across the street from the building.

parkinglot.jpg
'
It also appears that he would have had to back out of his parking space - unless the car directly in front of him was gone. I imagine that early - around 4 - the lot would still have plenty of cars.

Does anyone believe he would look straight ahead, never even glance back when maneuvering out of his parking space and into traffic?

I can see just fine in my back seats WITH TINT!! No way would I NOT be able to see a car seat.
Totally agree. I remember after putting my son in his carseat and closing the door, I would make goofy faces at him and he would giggle. We could both see each other perfectly.

I go away for a while...geez. We share a car. Husband won't be home until (probably) after dark. If not, I'll get a picture today. Otherwise, happy to snap one tomorrow morning. Keep in mind, my car seat is forward face gain. It will probably give a good idea, though.

No worries, if you take it in the morning I'd like you to try to get the "perspective" he'd have. So you might really have to stand on something and walk along the car.

It would be even BETTER if you could video walking along side the car from his perspective, both in the morning and in the afternoon.

If you do this I owe you a million dollars!! :loveyou::loveyou:

What in three minutes he forgot? I don't buy it. And to be honest I have followed a few cases where ya I can see it happening. I don't like it happening but it happens.

When my babies were babies. I would stop and get out and go to their door to retrieve them. Really it was automatic. I shopped in the grocery store alone and felt alone without them and still talked to myself. Never crossed my mind that I might forget my baby. But then I still check on them every night a few times, they are always on my mind.

I have researched it. I have researched the topic more than once. And what temps are bad for kids in cars.

And for innocent reasons. So I don't buy the search is a sign of anything by itself.

But your kids have not died in their car seats from heat exposure. If they had, and you had searched that topic just before the tragedy, it would be called into question.

One has to wonder, why did both parents research that topic, only to have their child die from it days later?

But your kids have not died in their car seats from heat exposure. If they had, and you had searched that topic just before the tragedy, it would be called into question.

One has to wonder, why did both parents research that topic, only to have their child die from it days later?

If he revealed this AT THE MOMENT with the cops, it's really suspect to me because it shows his "plan" was at the forefront of his mind and not his son. He was, "leading with his alibi" "being forthright and covering his tuckus" and doing so because he was "worried about getting in trouble for the searches" instead of worried about his dead tortured son.

Amen. People think if there are more laws it helps things but it doesn't. I don't care if you don't wear your seatbelt but then you should not get the same benefit as people who do. To me people should have choices.. Even ones to be stupid.

I agree to some extent. I am big on smaller government, constitutional freedom and therefore less laws. HOWEVER, when it involves the health and lives of other people, most especially those not old enough to care for themselves, then yes, we need laws to protect them.

'
It also appears that he would have had to back out of his parking space - unless the car directly in front of him was gone. I imagine that early - around 4 - the lot would still have plenty of cars.

Does anyone believe he would look straight ahead, never even glance back when maneuvering out of his parking space and into traffic?

It's a small parking lot. Regardless of whether or not he backed out or pulled straight through, he would have had to shoulder check, blind spots, etc.

The parking lot would have been busy at that time of day. Even if the windows were tinted, the windows wouldn't have been opaque. Were pull-down shades installed in the vehicle ? You know, those ones with the suction cups. Was the car seat somehow covered up with a blanket ? I have a hard time believing that not one single person walked by that car and couldn't see or hear something.

There's so much we don't know about the timeline leading up to Cooper's death. Including the couple of days before; however, at his funeral his mother stated that Cooper had slept with his parents the 2 previous nights. A little part of me wonders if somehow Cooper died the night before and the next day a cover-up or whatever ensued. There are increasing incidences of 'co-sleeping' deaths occurring in some states.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Co-sleeping
I really hate thinking of him dying in that back seat alone-probably desperately calling out 'Mama' or 'Daddy'.......
This is a tough case for all of us.
(Also I apologize for my (usual) unruly/rude behavior last time I posted. Can't seem to stay quiet when I need to)

I have taken ill since this case broke. I hope to God this wasn't deliberate on anyone's fault that Cooper is gone.

Hmmm something I just noticed on the Fact Sheet site for car deaths.

This sentence

Vehicle interior color probably biggest factor

from here

http://www.ggweather.com/heat/

And then I looked that up because it seemed very weird to me.

A vehicle with a darker interior color may get hotter on the inside somewhat faster that a vehicle with a light color interior.

http://phoenix.about.com/od/car/qt/carcolor.htm

What color was the interior? Was that the normal car he always drove or did he switch?

Just speculating....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member