GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I zoomed in to 500%. Judging from the reflection in his glasses, he's taking this selfie with his left hand (the one closest to the drivers window) and holding the steering wheel with his right. He is a big guy in that front seat, and his right side extends beyond the edge of the seat into the middle a bit. Looking behind him, I see the flat back of the middle seat, so no car seat in place in this photo. If it was there, it would certainly be extending partially into that middle space between his seat and the passenger side, practically rubbing against him. If he did any over the shoulder checks at all, he would not be able to miss seeing his son. Even if he was just checking his mirror, he would catch a glimpse of him in his peripheral vision.

Wierd that a man would take such a selfie in a car ..unless for a dating site ? Can someone pull into Google image search?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

They do make infant car seats that go up to 35 pounds. It almost looks like that could be one he is in. A regular convertible he would look like he was swimming in it.

I'm almost positive the car seat he's in in the photo is a Chicco Keyfit 30, which goes to 30 inches, 30 lbs or head 1 inch below the shell (whichever comes first)

We used the same one for my son before switching him to a convertible when he was around 8 months because he was getting close to outgrowing it height-wise.

I've attached a photo (hopefully I did that right) of our infant seat, which I believe is the same one...

chicco.JPG

I think so too. If he was backward facing in a carseat, his legs would have been sticking up to the rear window. I read earlier in the discussion that when he was removed from the carseat he was in rigor and his knees were still bent as though he was in a carseat. That could only happen if he was forward facing and his legs were in a normal sitting position.

Playing catch up, so ignore this if its already been discussed but this isn't actually true. Babies and toddlers are recommended to rear face until at least age 2 (in a carseat that accommodates their weight and length in that position). My daughter is very tall and rear faced until she was over 24 months. Kids riding in this position don't stick their legs up into the back window, they just fold them in their laps or put them on the seat in front of them.

If he was riding in the seat you linked the picture to, that is a Chicco Key Fit infant seat, same my daughter had, and he was far too long for it. If that is waht he was riding in, his HEAD would have exceeded the shell of the seat and there is NO WAY JRH could have missed him in there at his lunch visit to the car.

Bama colors are maroon and white? Really? You have to be a Big Ten fan to commit that mistake. Mississippi State colors include maroon. Bama's colors are crimson and white. Roll Tide!!!

This looks burgundy/maroon to me...

Attachments

• Nike-College-Football-Alabama-Womens-T-Shirt.jpg
    Nike-College-Football-Alabama-Womens-T-Shirt.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 21
i bet he walked to the daycare to pick cooper up and then put cooper in the car. I think this is why they were able to charge and arrest him so quickly. This would be damning and there would be no question of an accident at that point.

This would also explain why the daycare didn't call a parent. He had already been to daycare and then been picked up for the day. It would also explain why rh never went to the daycare after work.

Sorry i am rambling, but this little thought just made a whole bunch of things fall into place for me.

Jmho

ohhh emmm jeee

That car is small and by no means the size of a large "SUV."

There is no way he did not see him while driving. No way.

A Tucson is a very small crossover. Like a car that's a little higher up with a hatchback. I would compare it to a Toyota Rav4. I have a new Hyundai Sante Fe that is the "larger" version and I would have no problem seeing a baby in the backseat.

JMO

I'm almost positive the car seat he's in in the photo is a Chicco Keyfit 30, which goes to 30 inches, 30 lbs or head 1 inch below the shell (whichever comes first)

We used the same one for my son before switching him to a convertible when he was around 8 months because he was getting close to outgrowing it height-wise.

I've attached a photo (hopefully I did that right) of our infant seat, which I believe is the same one...

chicco.JPG

Looks like it to me! When it was rear facing in your car could you see your child?

[modsnip] That looks like a Diono Radian. That back is really high. He could not at all see the driver. Just someone or something else at the side.

That seat back is a high back and can rear face to 45 lbs and I think 40 some inches. I have to look it up.

Thanks for the brand. I don't know the exact model. I found this pic online that shows several of them. The red part of Cooper's appears to be bunched up compared to the kids in the image.

Radian-3-across.jpg

Edited to add. This one posted by invisibleninja looks like the right model instead:

chicco.JPG

Wierd that a man would take such a selfie in a car ..unless for a dating site ? Can someone pull into Google image search?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

My ex was a complete narcissist and took hundreds of photos just like that. Almost daily he was changing his FB picture to a new selfie he had taken in a car.

I agree with you. He seems to have real problems with his memory, at least with his short-term memory. It's a good thing he has an attorney who specializes in mental illness defenses.

Do you see my avatar? That it no mistake.

I am SO forgetful it can be comical. I spend a lot of time looking for things. I have thrown my keys in the garbage, put them in the refrigerator, locked my husband in the backyard, locked myself out. So many friends have keys to my house because I lose them all of the time. I've even left the house without them. And my phone? Forget it.

That being said, I have never ever ever forgotten a child that was in my care. I have never ever forgotten my dog. My routine with him has never strayed. I am in tune with him while he is in the car, as he gets motion sickness sometimes. Is the dramamine helping? Is he stressed? is he drooling?, is he laying down? Does he need a break? Are the windows cracked for air pressure, a breeze, and his ears? And that is my dog.

Well, it's certainly interesting that you share the love on someone telling a poster to ignore me, and in the same breath want information from me. :facepalm:

Yes, my windows are tinted. The back more than the front (as standard) but I can see a car seat and child when I walk up to my car.

Cool, I've been meaning to ask you!

I guess he didn't go to a gas station that day either. He would have seen Cooper then too. JMO

I am the same way with my pups, so I get it. And I also 100% agree. There is no way I would "forget" them and because of safety concerns (airbags can also kill dogs) mine ride in the back and are well behaved and love to ride.

Still, the idea of forgetting? and not just for a few minutes, but an entire day?

Then to go back to the car at lunch and still not notice?

And then when he re-enters the car 6 1/2 hours later he doesn't immediately notice the smell?

No way. It just doesn't wash for me. Too many things here do not make sense.

Well dang
I go to lunch and common sense arrives.:seeya:

Thanks for the pics. The margins are blown if someone could fix them! TIA

Looks like it to me! When it was rear facing in your car could you see your child?

I'm sorry if I missed this, I've tried to keep up, but some folks thought perhaps RH might get bail Thursday because he's not a flight risk and neither does he have priors. But what about a suicide risk? I wondered if with his erratic behavior, if that is why police chose to take him into custody right away at the scene? And could they keep him out of fear that he might kill himself?

TIA

Cool, I've been meaning to ask you!

It's actually easier to see through the windows if you are taller. Something about looking down into them, rather than eye level helps a lot. (I may or may not have stood on a box, to see what it would be like from his vantage point. Lol.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech