GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HLN reporter said that she was sitting in the courtroom just in front of Ross Harris' parents. When the sexting was revealed, Harris' mother gasped out loudly.

When the judge denied bond, Harris' mother said, "What? He denied his bond? That son-of-a-b****!"

After court, his parents were outside of the courtroom and were visibly shaken and sobbing. His father had his head up against a wall crying and the mother was sobbing and having trouble walking, needed to be held up.

that was emotionally draining. I am still processing what all we learned and LE is said to have much much more. :(

What we learned today:

Sexting multiple women for the past year and on the day of Cooper's murder (yep, calling it that)

minor and possible future charges for computer crimes re their contact and misdemeanor crime of actual contact in some way.

pics of penis taken and sent while C in room with him :eek:

minor asked him if he ever was troubled by his conscious - reply NOPE

the trip to publix with friends/coworkers for lunch punctuated by trip to home depot store across way for lightbulbs at R request

visit to car after returning from lunch was ostensibly to put purchase in car

subreddit - child free life

life insurance policy $25,000 (adtl to one via work)

LH and RH in interveiw room alone vhile being recorded and videotaped:

LH asks if he said too much or something similar

RH told LH C looked peaceful in death with eyes and mouth closed.

RH makes poor me comments "going to lose my job - why do I have to be punished??" etc (paraphrased)

Stoddard described C as mouth open tongue protruding, eyes half closed, horrible and noticeable odor of decomp in vehicle even hours later while performing search warrant.

at least one affair for RH in the past.

BBM....

I think he wanted to make sure he was dead.

I don't know what all the dad was up to. I wonder how much Cooper was able to talk and if that could have been part of it along with the insurance $.

There might be hints on the Cobb Co.,Ga Topix forum...look for comments made by a poster with the initials M.O.T on June 24th. I have learned to always check the local Topix.

So if he is released on bond can they turn around and arrest him for sexting and meeting a 16 to 17 year old?

16 is the age of consent in Georgia. Interesting he googled that so he must have known.

HLN reporter said that she was sitting in the courtroom just in front of Ross Harris' parents. When the sexting was revealed, Harris' mother gasped out loudly.

When the judge denied bond, Harris' mother said, "What? He denied his bond? That son-of-a-b****!"

After court, his parents were outside of the courtroom they were visibly shaken and sobbing. His father had his head against a wall crying and the mother was sobbing and having trouble walking and needed to be held up.
That is exactly what I heard as well.
Thank you.

The reporter made it sound like Ross' mom said it, then she fell apart. The whole family did. I think it hit her right then.
moo

Yeah, that judge is a real SOB for making all those nasty facts about her darling little boy come out.

Obviously, I have an interest in following these true crime stories or I would not be a member here...but, today has about done me in.

That little Guy walking and chatting in the Chik-Fil-a. His Daddy's kiss on his head.

That Baby's head popping up above the car seat...and Daddy seeing it, probably hearing him talking, as he backs the car into the space.

How long did he wait for Daddy to pick him up...to come back for him...as it got hotter and hotter...How long did he call for him, sob and cry while Daddy was taking pix of his penis?

And this MOTHER! The two pillars of the church here. My husband, the LEADER.

Dreams of the Baby in Jesus lap, while the fat Rock Star plays the guitar and Mommy Dearest is surrounded by other children. This is vomitous.

Forget about just Capitol punishment. I want these two stoned on the Village Square. There is no punishment that could ever approximate what has been done to that trusting Little Guy who loved them.

The googling of how to survive in prison, wonder if if he thought the max he would get would be child endangerment or some lessor charge.

I missed some I fell asleep. It's just horrible to think people abuse / kill children when my son and daughter n law would do anything to have one on their on. So sad[emoji22]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't feel sorry for RH's folks. This Psycho was made, not born, this way. His character problems would have surfaced in childhood. If they didn't help to create this monster, they ignored or enabled him. They bear some of the blame, unleashing this predator on society.

The only one I feel sorry for is Cooper. He didn't deserve this. He's the only innocent victim here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking this morning, I wonder how many of the "sympathizers" in his church and other like them who call for "forgiveness" and "compassion" for the parents in cases like this, realize that they probably have contributed to the deaths of several children by perpetuating this attitude instead of one of zero tolerance.

The sympathizers at his church are likely majority good people. They were horrified by this.

I honestly feel bad for them.

ETA might be a reminder if the wonderful "Head of the Household" is a complete sociopath....best not to go along with his ideas.

I was holding out on Leanne, until I heard how she reacted when she showed up at the daycare.

Now I think she is responsible, as well. She may not have been the one to leave him in the car, but she didn't do anything to stop it, either. And it sounds like she had an inkling this was going to occur.

I am sitting here reeling with all this. it is so overwhelmingly bad. kinda like the odor in the car.

MOO there is no way to get past this for defense.

Cooper was becoming verbal. Wonder if Cooper ever went with daddy to hook up with people R "met" online?

Wonder if daddy needed to unload a future witness to free up more possible assignation times.

PURE SPECUALTION that last.

Another great policy...zero tolerance

Raise the bar on parental accountability and lower the bar on sympathy. Right, Chewy?

Raise the bar in safety don't lower it in sympathy! :blushing:

Here's something that people should take notice of. One of the last things that the DA said to the judge is that "you have the pictures" IOW he can see what happened to this child.

It seems to me these types of details need to be made more public. Someone mentioned in another thread that they thought the children fell asleep.

So just in case it was missed, those PICTURES are pretty much what made up the judges mind and caused him to prosecute and deny bond.

That's because Cooper was found at death with his eyes and mouth OPEN imagine his horrified grimace of death. He had CLAWED HIMSELF on the face and bashed his own head enough to have caused SEVERAL abrasions on the back of his head.

His body was locked into the position of rigor mortis as seated. He was strapped in by daddy "extra tight" to be safe. Daddy said he made sure it was tight. (detective reported) and so there was no way for the child to get out.

Sweltering heat steaming down on top of the child, no air no air, slowly suffocating as he hysterically screamed and cried and thrashed and tried to get out. Desperately clawing at this face for lack of oxygen, complete panic for way more than 15 minutes. This wasn't a newborn deep in sleep, sedated until they passed out and they slowly drifted into death.

This was a child tortured by his father to death. When I hear stories like this it reminds me of the walls in the concentration camps filled with the fingernails and clawmarks of desperate people being poisoned to death. But even that horror only lasted a few minutes. This could have gone on for up to an hour because he had just taken him out of the seat and got him something at Chikfila.

OK rant over, but this needs to me mentioned more and more instead of stupid sympathy for negligent parents. :banghead::banghead:

Well this hearing has convinced me he is a cold blooded sociopath who intended to kill his child.

Always My Opinion Only!

Not your opinion only in this case!!!!

Agreed that is a possibility, but I think when people do it to simply get rid of a child like nothing happened, like with Casey Anthony, they attempt to minimize the suffering. While I don't actually get the mindset, obviously, I do understand how it can seem easier for someone to just be gone, even someone you love, if you feel trapped or struggle with mental illness. I think people who kill spouses/ex-spouses most frequently have this mindset. But wanting someone to disappear and choosing to do it in a painful way and then doing it to someone you are close enough to that you have to sit their and feign devastation to other relatives are different things. That makes it too real. You see how many people will say "make it quick, don't hurt him/her" when hiring a hitman. Most people wouldn't let someone die in a hot car like that - even someone they wanted dead. That's why I can't accept that the mom just wanted to preserve the status quo - she wanted it done that way because it was the best way at having it look like an accident, most likely. Part of that is self-preservation, but being talked into that is crazy to me. But people are insane, so who knows. Women who do that sort of thing to keep a man who shows total disrespect to them are the definition of mentally ill people to me, but that doesn't mean they are any less dangerous or culpable than their crazy partners. It's scary how many women can be so passive.

I also feel a need to point out that defense attorneys have certain rules they have to follow, but it's silly to think they all believe their clients or even want them to get off, let alone think they can win. It depends on the case and attorney, obviously, but I wouldn't make the mistake of thinking the defense attorney really wants to "help" this guy. At this point, he's probably realized his role is going to be to cut the best possible plea, and is just saying what he needs to say until it reaches that point. Defense attorneys like to win, but I think most of them recognize when they can't and when the person absolutely belongs in prison. Of course he's going to question the state's evidence where possible because that is how attorneys think - they point out inconsistencies because accepting every thing that is said because the guy looks like a monster is definitely not the right thing to do. Even where something appears all settled, you should always make sure the truth is discovered as to each fact, not just to the whole.

I agree. We recently had a case here where the defense attorney asked for the jury to be removed, and then asked the Judge if he could be removed from the case because his client was perjuring himself and he didn't want to risk his career over the case. There are some DA's that are slimeballs. There are some that will do what it takes to win the case. But I think most of them have a job to do, and that job sometimes SUCKS! This guy is just doing his job. So many recent cases here, I get SO upset with the DA and wonder how they can defend such vile criminals, but I try to remember, it's their job.... not one that I would EVER want... not for all the money or fame in the world.

Well, I'm exhausted and my throat is raw from screaming at the screen for 3 hours. I'm still in a state of shock and disgust. I feel nauseated and can't get his pathetic face out of my head, thoughts of him sexting whilst that poor baby was dying! OMG And those moobs in the orange jumpsuit. Vomit.

It was the easiest way for him.
He didn't have to watch.

Thought he would get sympathy for a horrible accident.
IMO

Same with CA. Put angel sweet baby in the trunk, chloroformed her, duct taped her nose and mouth, and let the heat do it's work.

Did't have to see it happening.

I feel bad for all who thought they knew this man. today had to be quite a tough day for them. I am betting most of them found out about this evidence as we did, in court.

gonna cut the friends and family some slack. JMO

Bringing this over from the hearing thread.

BBM

Exactly - how did she know?

Why would her mind have instantly gone to that scenario, unless RH had done that in the past, or unless there's more to this than meets the eye.

With everything we learned today from the hearing testimony regarding LH's actions/reactions, I'm viewing the mother's behavior with suspicion, as I'm sure LE has been during their investigation.

Keep digging, CCPD - keep digging!

Surely there will be another arrest soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406