GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Said it before and will say it again -- just like she did. I have one child who would be out cold before I got out of the neighborhood. He's STILL like that, just not so bad. I have another child who wouldn't shut up, and she also is still like that. lol

I guess people think that's made up. I happen to know it's not. So....

I wish my kid had been like that! I dreamed of this!!! It would have made driving anywhere MUCH more enjoyable. She HATED her carseat for a few months and screamed every second she was in it. If she did happen to ever fall asleep in the car she woke up the moment the engine turned off... She was definitely not one of those kids you could drive around and then transfer to her crib when she was asleep.

Ironically, now that she's 6 and four feet tall (to my 4'10") and over 40 lbs. she is a total car sleeper and won't wake up for anything... so I have to lug her in to the house. Haha!

I hope the above post about MARTA was not too off-topic but I get the impression that folks who "aren't from around here" think we're all sitting up on our verandas fanning ourselves on shady tree-lined streets when the truth is that we are a big, sprawling city with big, sprawling city problems and we are no strangers to violent crime. BTW, my county has a far higher murder rate than Cobb's and we're one of the 'nicer' ones.

Someone previously posted that Cooper's daycare does, in fact, provide for ill children. Don't want those Home Depot employees missing time...

Yuck! Well... I guess illness was probably pretty rampant there because darn those toddlers don't cover their coughs!!! :floorlaugh:

I hope the above post about MARTA was not too off-topic but I get the impression that folks who "aren't from around here" think we're all sitting up on our verandas fanning ourselves on shady tree-lined streets when the truth is that we are a big, sprawling city with big, sprawling city problems and we are no strangers to violent crime. BTW, my county has a far higher murder rate than Cobb's and we're one of the 'nicer' ones.

Hey, I know that Atlanta is rough but I still like to visit. Marta can be rough too.
Had a bad experience on Marta a long time ago.

Of course. Everyone has their own experiences. But it seems like people are completely discounting the possibility that Cooper was like my child or the child of the person on tv who fell asleep from the lull of the car immediately and did not jerk awake when the car stopped. I don't know Ross Harris or his wife and I have absolutely no reason to lie about my son's habits. Or even to exaggerate them. If that wasn't my experience, I wouldn't mention it. It's actually kind of problematic to have a child who drops into a coma whenever they're driven in a car. lol

Plus, as I mentioned, we don't know when Cooper got up and we do know it's likely that he didn't have good sleep for at least a couple of nights.

But then we have the quote from Leanna which said how much he babbled during car rides "Bye bye red truck" etc. It doesn't seem from that quote that he instantly fell asleep during car rides or spent most of car rides asleep.

I wish my kid had been like that! I dreamed of this!!! It would have made driving anywhere MUCH more enjoyable. She HATED her carseat for a few months and screamed every second she was in it. If she did happen to ever fall asleep in the car she woke up the moment the engine turned off... She was definitely not one of those kids you could drive around and then transfer to her crib when she was asleep.

Ironically, now that she's 6 and four feet tall (to my 4'10") and over 40 lbs. she is a total car sleeper and won't wake up for anything... so I have to lug her in to the house. Haha!

Well my oldest is NOT like that. So it really didn't matter that my youngest would sleep. My oldest continued to make car rides a living and breathing hell until she was about 10. After that, just occasionally. Maybe that's why my son slept? lol

spend some time with kids and hubs this evening and while I was gone as per usual I am now playing catch up. Please forgive if I am commenting on things that have already run their discussion course, feel free to ignore.

There is a discovery process that has to be followed and abided. The prosecution has to turn over reports (police, testing, etc) but not the product of their work (ideas, strategies, etc). I think tomorrow's hearing is just for probable cause for the charges. And bail...

Yes all of that will come but not tomorrow IMO. That will come if the magistrate decides this case can move forward on the charges currently applied against Ross Harris. Things such as discovery will come later in the trial process and the judge assigned will enter an order as to deadlines for such disclosures MOO - not familiar with GA law.

According to one attorney on CNN - he thought there was already enough out there to proceed. The threshold at the point is quite low - he said they often say, "Do you have a breathing body? OK - proceed" .... but he did say they *might* show video - he implied from the HD parking lot or such.

He also expected that he magistrate judge would probably allow bail over the objection of the prosecutor.

Just 2 things I heard over Sirius radio driving to dinner tonight.....

I agree with talking head. They have enough to proceed. I do not expect bail but if one is granted it will be SO high. JMO

rsbm; some people do not like to admit they were wrong, duped, or oblivious. some also like living in denial; it's easier

imo

Some just cannot allow themselves to belive they were wrong as you say, but those who think they know and who love Justin Ross Harris are in a much more difficult place. I have thankfully never been in a position where someone I think I know. deeply, and love or even know in passing, has been accused of a horrific crime and ultimately murder and yet was sure I KNEW that person as someone completely other. I cannot imagine how horrible for those folks.

I think as soon as they dropped the child abuse charge from 1st to 2nd degree that they had enough to proceed.

I tend to agree.

Interesting, thanks!

I can understand where each of them (except the lawyer) are coming from -- ok, I can understand where he's coming from too but I'm more interested in opinion than legal/lawful/court-admissible evidence right now... yes I know that's what ultimately matters, but I'm trying to see everything...

That being said, there are certain things that Ross is NOT quoted as saying or doing at the death scene.... such as apologizing to Cooper upon realizing he's dead -- he makes a production of yelling "What have I done?" but he separates himself from Cooper and doesn't apologize at the death scene.

He apologizes to the funeral-goers for not being there -- he never apologizes for the act (even if accidental) and he makes a remark, "[Cooper] never did anything to anybody"... why would he say that? Did anyone or would anyone think Cooper did anything to deserve this?

This tells me that he's either incredibly guilty OR incredibly innocent and was NOT the one who placed Cooper in the car that day....

I can buy him having a different definition of "unattended vehicle" -- but outside of that, he's either covering for himself or someone else.

I won't criticize LHs funeral comments because after days surrounded by loved ones, avoiding media, planning a funeral, and knowing your husband & father of the child is in jail, anyone could be manic/loopy/anything .... and say anything.

The searches... specifically what, when, and by whom will be very telling, I think.

Agreed. I have no idea how I would act on the scene, but I was not him and I was not one of the many witnesses, LE and citizen alive. I have only those accounts and MSM to go on but his behavior raises red flags for me. Her, not so much. I think she is a very supportive spouse and I cannot even begin to judge her what I found unusual behavior at her son's funeral. My heart breaks for this mother who has lost her son and more than likely lost her husband, the leader of her family.

~bbm

I honestly don't think that the searches are going to sway anyone who's convinced of his guilt that they were done innocently. I honestly can't think of a search that wouldn't be viewed as incriminating or, at absolute best, neutral. I can, however, see the exact searches swaying people to guilty. jmo

I think the searches will depend greatly on when, what words or strings of words specifically were searched and whether any other searches support this being a fear or concern coming from another case in the news etc. Personally, I feel the searches look really bad. But I am open to hearing or seeing evidence that puts them into context of some sort. Not pretty talk from an attorney that is never substantiated with anything hard or concrete, but actual evidence disputing what seems extremely damning from here, now.

I used to live down the street from one of the lawyers involved in her fiancé's murder trial. Anything I have to say about her needs to go downstairs. lol

Let me know where and when and I am there, lol

JMO I don't think a "reasonable" person would have forgotten their child in a car after having been overly concerned about that very issue and after having had a "premonition" that Cooper was with Jesus. Thats all I need to know.

It all stinks, from the get and nothing that has come out since makes it any better MOO.

~bbm

I haven't seen one. Do you remember where you saw it?

Haven't either. Would like to.

But then we have the quote from Leanna which said how much he babbled during car rides "Bye bye red truck" etc. It doesn't seem from that quote that he instantly fell asleep during car rides or spent most of car rides asleep.

It's possible, if not likely, that he sometimes chatted and sometimes fell asleep quickly. The point is that it's all entirely possible. There's no saying he definitely did not do this or that when there are so many variables in play.

In my 'nice' county of Gwinnett, I escaped having to serve on this jury as the mother & her codefendant took plea deals of voluntary manslaughter and drug-trafficking in a case in which her three young children, all less than 5 years old, were burned to death in a meth lab explosion (note that the mother wasn't involved in the meth lab but gave houseroom to the man who was, who later escaped to Mexico and is still at large.) She was originally charged with drug trafficking, three counts of malice murder, and three counts of felony murder. And by the way, she was pregnant at the time of her sentencing and gave birth in jail. Here's what she had to say at her sentencing, emphasis mine:

"I am sorry and I do understand that we all made mistakes. I was 22 at that time and I was naive, but now I know better. And I think that I want look forward and be a good mother to my daughter,” she sobbed.

Georgia juries don't tend to look kindly on people whose actions result in the deaths of their children, even if they 'made a mistake.'

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/mom-takes-plea-deal-meth-explosion/nWq6T/

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/mom-charged-in-fatal-meth-fire-gives-birth-again/nQLqC/
:moo:

In my 'nice' county of Gwinnett, I escaped having to serve on this jury as the mother & her codefendant took plea deals of voluntary manslaughter and drug-trafficking in a case in which her three young children, all less than 5 years old, were burned to death in a meth lab explosion (note that the mother wasn't involved in the meth lab but gave houseroom to the man who was, who later escaped to Mexico and is still at large.) She was originally charged with drug trafficking, three counts of malice murder, and three counts of felony murder. And by the way, she was pregnant at the time of her sentencing and gave birth in jail. Here's what she had to say at her sentencing, emphasis mine:

Georgia juries don't tend to look kindly on people whose actions result in the deaths of their children, even if they 'made a mistake.'

Having a meth lab in your house is a far, far, far cry from this case. jmo

I appreciate it :)

tuqaruty.jpg

Is this the blue Tuscon backed in at the tree? In the same spot we saw it on Google?
Is it safe to say this blue car liked to park at the tree?--Where it might be a tad cooler?
Maybe it's not even a close match!
Looks like in 2012 there was no tree in the lot, but still a similar blue car. jus sayin.
http://www.bing.com/maps/?q=2600+Cu...ates&cp=34.026401519000004~-84.69979858300002
moo

Well, I am so far behind in reading all the posts that have been written since late last night that I may never catch up.

I am wondering about something in particular. I have been thinking of how RH has been held without bond. This tells me that LE really does have something very incriminating. I have been mulling over that today. My husband doesn't like to follow crime cases and doesn't usually want to talk about them at all. But, he is actually the one who first told me about this case and he has been keeping up with some MSM reports. So, tonight we were briefly discussing it and before he said, "please, no more!", we talked about there being no bond at this time. I was brainstorming ideas on what LE could know or have that led them to hold RH with no bond. My husband commented that LE probably don't want the parents to be talking freely. Keeping RH in jail keeps him away from her. Then, I suddenly wondered if LE have a reason (undisclosed to us) to believe that RH could be a threat to his wife. I don't know much of anything about the permissable role of LE in criminal cases with regard to the legal system (what they are allowed to do).

I am wondering... would or could LE hold RH with no bond if they knew he was a danger to his wife? Would they have had to charge him with something related to such a threat (if it were true) to be able to hold him, if the reason for the hold with no bond was related to keeping him in custody and therefore away from his wife (in order to protect her or prevent another crime, possibly harm to her)?

If RH is guilty of premeditated murder (I understand that his charge does not require premeditation) then it could be that he also had some ill intention towards his wife. of course, this is total speculation. Just wondering.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/mom-takes-plea-deal-meth-explosion/nWq6T/

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/mom-charged-in-fatal-meth-fire-gives-birth-again/nQLqC/

I hear your frustration. What a horrific case!

Hey, I know that Atlanta is rough but I still like to visit. Marta can be rough too.
Had a bad experience on Marta a long time ago.

The aquarium is fantastic! I love watching the whale sharks. And darn it, I won a 'peppermint pedicure' at a spa in Marietta and was thinking of going over there tomorrow but I'll bet the traffic will be even more horrendous than usual with the swarm of reporters as well as holiday traffic.

We used to take MARTA all the time to go to the airport and it *is* convenient, but after a while we no longer felt safe so now we take a cab. It's sad, because this area desperately needs regional transportation.

Coming from his office after turning right and heading towards Cumberland Mall he would have to turn RIGHT (a little dyslexia here) to head toward Hwy 41 and Akers Mill Rd. He would pass a Marta bus station that around 4 pm might not be busy, but I bet there was a camera or two there.

He drove past 7 cameras before stopping at Akers Mill shopping center.

Some were discussing whether child was forward or rear facing seat. I don't think it mattered that day. If the baby had been riding in the front seat dad would've found a reason to forget him. A plan is a plan. I'm thankful Georgia is a death penalty state. He's gonna have a long wait on death row to think about whether he gets an injection or is electrocuted. :tantrum:

MOOYA

Snipped by me

It upsets me so much when things like this are minimized as a "mistake." It was a choice to let that person live in her house and make a meth lab. It was a conscious decision that she made. A mistake is grabbing the shampoo instead of the conditioner or putting juice in your cereal instead of milk. Intentionally neglecting children and putting them in harms way (or allowing harm around them) is not a MISTAKE. Its is a choice.

Rant over.

Off topic, but I have kind feelings towards your county. My older cousin died in your county a few years ago. She was only 30 and crashed her car somehow in the middle of the night. The first responders couldn't get her out of the car in time and she died. The details aren't important but what stood out to me is that she had some items in/on her car indicating her faith as a Christian and as she died the rescuers prayed for her. I read that in the ambulance record and felt so much peace knowing that she didn't die alone. Such a small gesture but it meant so much to me. <3

The aquarium is fantastic! I love watching the whale sharks. And darn it, I won a 'peppermint pedicure' at a spa in Marietta and was thinking of going over there tomorrow but I'll bet the traffic will be even more horrendous than usual with the swarm of reporters as well as holiday traffic.

We used to take MARTA all the time to go to the airport and it *is* convenient, but after a while we no longer felt safe so now we take a cab. It's sad, because this area desperately needs regional transportation.

On Marta to the airport is where the big fight broke out that scared me.

I guess I'm out of the loop. Why are you posting the MARTA station?
It was said that he may have been caught on several cameras after work.

He would have driven past all of these waiting areas headed towards the pizza place. I am pointing out there may have been CCTV there.
He also drove past Bank of America.I know they have cameras aimed on the street.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member