GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the statutes for what he's been charged. If leaving your child in the car for an entire day doesn't equal criminal negligence, I don't know what does. It doesn't have to be intentional or "sinister." Even if it was an accident, it was still neglect.

Again, While I see this I also have to use common sense. If it was not on purpose that changes everything. Should he still have some kind of charge of neglect? I don't know.. But felony murder is way too high.

Praying in Texas for Cobb County Prosecutor, Investigators, and Prosecution Witnesses...

Get Him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Someone posted earlier....
they wanted a
"Move that bus!" moment.

MOVE THAT BUS!!!! [emoji2]

things I hope I will find out today

If they have video of the following:

Ross putting Cooper in the car at chick fil a
Ross visiting his car at lunch

More detail on:

Whether Ross or Leanna was to pick up child at daycare that day and if that was the normal practice.

Timing and exact wording of internet searches

ETA

Whether it was normal practice for Ross to not take his car when going offsite for lunch, and who he went with if anyone.

Where was Ross alleged to have been headed to meet friends for drinks

Were those plans last minute or had they been made prior to that day

what was the purpose of the heading opposite direction from home (south) and then heading toward home (north) after work?

I tried to copy from my phone but gave up. Apparently a Fox 5 reporter on Twitter said more than likely Harris will be granted bond today but it will be high.

Not to mention the male guards. And in a men's prison where there are female employees (be it female guards, doctors, nurses, etc) there are those women that will have sex with a prisoner as well. So if they get caught it will cost them their job? Screw it, it's apparently worth it to have sex for them. :shaking my head: Makes no sense but it happens.

MOO
This was local to me.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...1_tavon-white-bgf-black-guerrilla-family-gang

"The case offers a lesson in how much can go wrong in a single jail and in relations between the sexes," Toobin writes. "Cynical and devious men succeeded in dominating who were nominally their keepers."

More detail on:

Whether Ross or Leanna was to pick up child at daycare that day and if that was the normal practice.

Me too. I think that will help a lot. I can not just decided someone is guilty from search warrants and media coverage. I need real established facts.

Me too. I think that will help a lot. I can not just decided someone is guilty from search warrants and media coverage. I need real established facts.

I can;)

It's my super power;)
I gotta get me a cape!

Giggle...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried to copy from my phone but gave up. Apparently a Fox 5 reporter on Twitter said more than likely Harris will be granted bond today but it will be high.

that's what I think will happen as well.

yes the general opinion down here is that he will walk out of court today but it will cost him a lot of money to do so

Read the statutes for what he's been charged. If leaving your child in the car for an entire day doesn't equal criminal negligence, I don't know what does. It doesn't have to be intentional or "sinister." Even if it was an accident, it was still neglect.

Exactly.

Again, While I see this I also have to use common sense. If it was not on purpose that changes everything. Should he still have some kind of charge of neglect? I don't know.. But felony murder is way too high.

BBM

When did the concept of personal responsibility and accountability for oneself's actions and the concept of teaching/modeling same to children go to the wayside?

To every action, there is a consequence.

"commom sense".....WTH leaves children alone in a vehicle???:banghead:

More detail on:

Since computer forensics can take a while and the couple have already told investigators they did the search prior to Cooper's death I'm not sure this hard evidence has to come in today. Its not be contested by the defense. I won't be surprised if time and date isn't confirmed for the searches today.

I saw in the NG video I posted up thread that they will most likely only present a bare bones amount of evidence today. Just enough.
She said they do not want to show the defense everything they have yet.

While I don't think we will get a lot of information, hopefully we will get enough to answer some of our nagging questions.

JMO

Michael Christian has taken a meticulous look at the search warrants, what we know has been obtained by police, as we do a ride-along, following in police footsteps, retracing Daddy`s movements that morning.

Michael Christian, I find it extremely interesting and possibly probative that they look in the car and take measurements. How can measurements prove a case, inches and feet? Also, I learned they seized Cooper`s carseat. Why?

MICHAEL CHRISTIAN, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER (via telephone): That`s right, Nancy. You know, with the measurements -- this is a small SUV and it`s going to be pivotal in this case, how far that back seat, that child seat is from the front seat, because that certainly makes a differenceabout what Justin Ross Harris would or wouldn`t have seen. They also checked the inside of that SUV for fingerprints, blood, DNA, hair and fibers.

GRACE: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! Did you just say blood?

CHRISTIAN: Fingerprints, blood, DNA, hair and fibers, according to the search warrant.

GRACE: OK, hold on. Dr. Bill Manion, medical examiner, pathologist joining me out of Philly tonight. Dr. Manion, if the child had died of heat stroke, would you expect to find blood or vomit?

DR. BILL MANION, MEDICAL EXAMINER/FORENSIC PATHOLOGIST (via telephone): I may see vomit with aspiration of vomit, but I would not expect to find blood. That`s not one of the autopsy findings.

GRACE: What do you mean by aspiration of vomit?

MANION: The child would vomit when he`s in extreme discomfort, extreme suffering, and then as he breathes in, he breathes the vomit down his trachea, into his lungs.

GRACE: Dr. Manion, with heat stroke -- the temperatures were in the 90s that day -- how long would it have taken the child to have heat stroke and die?

MANION: I think within 30 to 60 minutes. The temperature in that car would rise very quickly, and once that child reaches 107 degrees, that`s by definition heat stroke and you`re basically cooking your brain. There are specific autopsy findings in heat stroke, including right-sided cardiac...

GRACE: Whoa, whoa, whoa! Wait a minute! I`m just a JD, not an MD. What? What did you say?

MANION: Well, there are -- there are specific findings. The right side of the heart will be dilated, meaning the right atrium and right ventricle. You`ll see hemorrhage inside the heart, the lining of the heart inside, and venous distension in the veins in the brain.

It`s like the veins are dilating, trying to give off heat. It`s one of the mechanisms the body uses to give off heat. The peripheral veins on the outside of the body will dilate and will try -- will sweat. And the baby was probably panting also in an effort to get rid of all this excess

DR. BILL MANION, MEDICAL EXAMINER FORENSIC PATHOLOGIST: The temperature will rise very quickly in the car and when the temperature of the body is 108 degrees that will be hyper thermic death basically. And as the body is dying, the veins are dilating trying to give off heat. So, there are specific pathologic findings at the autopsy. They should also do a drug screen to make sure this baby wasn`t sedated and left in the car.

GRACE: Whoa. OK. All right. I haven`t even thought of that. A drug screen, a drug screen, sedated. What do you mean? Sedated with what?

MANION: Well, perhaps if he was sedated with some kind of a tranquilizer, something to (inaudible) to make him unconscious so that he wouldn`t suffer. That would be significant finding.

GRACE: Hold on. Defense Journey Peter Odom waving, he`s got a question, what is it Peter?

PETER ODOM, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Dr. Manion, would there be a smell of decomposition or other smell in the car after the child died in this manner, after seven hours, would you expect to find that?

MANION: That`s a tough question. I`m not sure, to be honest. I certainly think within 12 hours, 24 hours, certainly. But I`m not sure at seven.

GRACE: OK. So, that could go either way, Dr. Manion. And I had no idea that the right side of the heart dilated. Because I notice in the medical examiner`s initial findings that he said -- he/she said this was consistent with the death of hyperthermia in other words heat stroke, but I don`t know why they thought it was hyperthermia. Now I do.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/02/ng.01.html

Exactly.

BBM

When did the concept of personal responsibility and accountability for oneself's actions and the concept of teaching/modeling same to children go to the wayside?

To every action, there is a consequence.

WTH leaves children alone in a vehicle???:banghead:

And again, I am not saying there should be no charges at all. I don't know yet. I have to see the real evidence. Too many people rush to judgment based on SW and charges. That does not make anyone guilty of anything.

What matters to me is the intent and what really happened. If they can prove to me he willingly left that child in the car, Than he should be charged with murder as anyone else should when committing a willful act, but if it was really unintentional, If he did just have a lapse and forget the child, then I cannot get on board with murder charges at all.

Did you see popsicle's link to the new GA statute that goes into effect July 1, 2014? It would reduce this charge from felony murder to second degree murder with a max penalty of 30 yrs (can't remember the minimum). I haven't found the leg. history yet, but even if the statute specifically says it can't be applied retroactively, it looks like any sentencing to life or the DP for that crime once the law takes effect would probably be found to violate the eighth amendment.

I posted a link back a few pages to the GA sex with minors case that addressed a similar issue recently.

BBM> See, I've been waiting for someone to say that in all the debate over whether Cooper could have fallen asleep instantly -

On to my post:

While I don't think little Cooper feel asleep during the 3 minute ride from CFA to HD, I don't care if he did or not.

The fact still remains that the defendant had just interacted with him, ate with him, put him in the car seat and then a minute later, he forgot?

No stinking way!

Add the searches on the Internet, the lying about going to his car at lunch, the choking BS, etc...and he has himself a huge problem.
RSBM
I said it last night during the conversation. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3