GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We talked about this in one of the early threads. He is very against abortion and also believes in creationism. There's that pious Christian front again. :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:seeya:
Just a general comment...
how the hello does one become anti-abortion but pro-kill my baby?

There's no way Cooper was still fitting that infant carseat at 22 months old! My son is small for his age and 33 inches at 21 months. The mannequin was shorter than Cooper so I'd say it was a good substitute for any "slouch and settle" you think a real child could do. Also, a longer torsoed child would out grow it faster than a shorter torsoed child of the same height. Bottomline, its an infant carseat not meant for a nearly two year old toddler. RH and LH knew this and thats why they bought Cooper an appropriately sized FF carseat 6 weeks before he died. I can't wait to hear the excuse for why they put him back in his ill fitting infant carseat, RF, just two weeks before he dies?
While I agree he likely didn't fit, it's not impossible. According to the comments at http://carseatblog.com/5364/chicco-keyfit-30-review-infant-carseat-nirvana/ at least one baby made it to 2 1/2 years. (A preemie, but still.) I am just pointing out that it's not impossible for a child his age to fit.

Do we know what his other seat was?

la_cavalière;10703156 said:
I'm on the fence, but at this time, I am thinking that this was a terrible accident. Make no mistake, I'm not defending JRH – this guy is a terrible parent, husband and employee – but I'm not sure he's a cold-blooded child murderer. I know I am a member of a tiny minority here, so please don't skewer me!

There are several reasons why I think Cooper's tragic death wasn't planned, but the main reason is, ironically, JRH's disgusting behavior. Just about everyone now knows that after a suspicious death, phone, text and internet records will be analyzed. That's even more true for someone working in a tech field like web development. So I have a lot of trouble believing that if he planned this, he would send lewd photos of his anatomy and text with multiple women all day while his child was dying. He may not be a genius, but he would surely know that his phone and internet records would be scrutinized.

Perhaps, after eating at CFA, his mind immediately turned toward his titillating virtual activities, and all thoughts of his child vanished. I would be curious to see if he sent or received texts or chat messages before he arrived at work. Perhaps he and his wife were so afraid he would leave Cooper in the car because he had a history of being absent-minded, or maybe because it had happened before. Parents DO sometimes forget when an infant is in the car - it happens quite often, and there have been several stories recently in the news. I don't have children, but I do really, really stupid things all the time when I'm distracted, and if I had a child this would be a major fear for me.

There has been no evidence so far, other than a brief visit to a "Child-Free" website, that JRH didn't love his child or enjoy being a father. His friends say he talked about Cooper all the time and enjoyed spending time with him. Sexting with other women and underage girls may be sick, but it is not solid proof he wanted to kill his child. Shocking as it may be, sexting and chatting on these kinds of forums and social apps is common, even among married people. Ditto for marital problems or insurance policies.

I wish I could feel as convinced as some of you of his guilt - but until I hear more evidence, I am hanging out on this lonely fence.

do you believe he should be held accountable for his negligence?

The Home Depot $2000 insurance policy was probably a voluntary free policy. I work for a big company and we have this option. It's $5000 per child and does not cost me anything. I have it on all three of my kids. I also have Aflac in case they get hurt and I need to take off to be with them. Of course I don't have any other policies on them. I do have two on me to cover them if something happens to me.

Will be interesting to see if they have life insurance policies on theirselves, how much they are, and if they are still in effect.

stupid question!

What happens if you have a life insurance policy and have paid it on time up to date and you get arrested for premeditated murder and then get killed when you get to prison?
Does it still pay out?

I wonder if Ross has a $500,000 policy

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Harris was NOT anti-abortion. However, since he was "in the church" he had to pretend to be against abortion. I would be willing to bet that when Harris found out Leanna was pregnant that one of their arguments was him trying to convince her to get an abortion. Harris lies, that has been proven. Harris also tries to portray a totally different "him" to certain people than the true/real "him". Harris may not even see Cooper's death as murder, or an "accident" but a "late (very very late) term abortion".

MOO

P.S. No we didn't ALL survive not being in an infant carseat! Those in the pre carseat age range who died can't talk about it because they're dead! Ya know?

I was being facetious. My kids all rear faced until well past three years old.

When people talk about car seats, more often than not they talk about what they have to do to avoid a ticket. That's because more people have first hand experience with tickets than kids getting injured in crashes. At least that's what I think....

He was in a forward facing one up 'till two weeks ago I read somewhere. It adds to the premeditation. Easier to forget/not see in a rear-facing seat.

Especially if you pull backwards in the parking space

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Forgive me if this has been discussed:

With regard to "him" returning from lunch with his friends, wasn't it stated that the car pulled up to his car and let him off?

I wonder if this was part of the plan, i.e. was this supposed to be the time of the "big reveal" with an audience and RH chickened out? OR was he trying to dissuade the driver from driving him all the way to his car and had an "oh carp" moment when the driver insisted it was too hot to walk to the car and that he/she would drive RH to his vehicle to drop off the light bulbs, in which case RH would be scared to pieces that his co-workers would "make the discovery" too soon?

stupid question!

What happens if you have a life insurance policy and have paid it on time up to date and you get arrested for premeditated murder and then get killed when you get to prison?
Does it still pay out?

Good question. Don't know the answer.

Don't think Ross is the least bit concerned about those he may leave behind- only himself.

Infant seats are not made for up to two years old. Covertible seats can be used for both those ages if height and weight aren't met. Infant seats are only for infants, always.
No. Infant seats are for any child that still fits. I don't like them much, but there is nothing wrong with placing a toddler in one assuming they still actually fit. There is no age limit because it's not age that makes them unsafe. It's when a child has less than 1" above their head or exceeds the height or weight limit. Whichever comes first.

stupid question!

Does it still pay out?

It's not a stupid question at all. I wish I knew the answer to that, too.

I was being facetious. My kids all rear faced until well past three years old.

When people talk about car seats, more often than not they talk about what they have to do to avoid a ticket. That's because more people have first hand experience with tickets than kids getting injured in crashes. At least that's what I think....

Good for you. Really.. I rarely see anyone talking about Rfing til after 2 unless it is a car seat site. ON a side note I am waiting to take the CPST course when it comes around locally. So I am not just talking out my Arse about car seats and what is allowed and not.. :)

Forgive me if this has been discussed:

With regard to "him" returning from lunch with his friends, wasn't it stated that the car pulled up to his car and let him off?

I wonder if this was part of the plan, i.e. was this supposed to be the time of the "big reveal" with an audience and RH chickened out? OR was he trying to dissuade the driver from driving him all the way to his car and had an "oh carp" moment when the driver insisted it was too hot to walk to the car and that he/she would drive RH to his vehicle to drop off the light bulbs, in which case RH would be scared to pieces that his co-workers would "make the discovery" too soon?

or he was hoping the would see the child and discover him.

Respectfully snipped for space.

Chewy, the thing that most bothered me about sexting was 1. he sexted with minors.
2. More importently (imo) he did it as his son died a premeditated death.
^^^^That!

When I try to reply w/quote, I usually get bumped and have to log on again. That never used to happen. I wonder if it is temporary?

When this happens, *back space and then copy the entire text you wrote. *Forward and log in again and then paste it into the box and reply. * I've been doing that. *I think there's an automatic time out on this new site.

I just had to log in and re-click the "remember me" button. I think since the upgrade the site has forgotten to remember you so you get logged out each time. When you log in again, be sure to check the "remember me" button so you'll stay logged in to Websleuths. I'm not certain that will solve it, but I kept getting logged out when I refreshed the page view until I checked that box.

Infant seats are never recommended for toddlers...ever. Convertible seats can be used for these ages and growing from infancy to toddlerhood. 5 point harness convertible seats are made for rear facing small children and infants.
They are not recommended in the sense that it would be stupid to go out and buy one, but they are not inherently unsafe due to a child exiting infancy. The limits are based on physical size of the child, not developmental milestones or chronological age. At least not the upper limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MandyLynn1109