GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was born in 1966.
Only child to TWO super protective parents.
If my parents knew how their siblings would transport us (cousins) they would never speak to them again...
Once they recovered from strokes and heart attacks!
When I was allowed to sit upfront, I wore the lap belt. Always. And I still git that "life saving arm" flying out & in front of me, holding me back.

Edited to add. Born & raised in NJ too.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah, that's unusual in my experience. The aunts/uncles would be more the norm. But I'm familiar with the arm flung out to stop you from going through the windshield. And I remember my mom doing that, not the GP's. So that means my Mom also let me sit in the front seat with no seatbelt lol

That pretty much sums it up. And we're better off how? Because we have better seatbelts and carseats? :eyeroll:

IMO they're still better off now.
How many became projectiles and went through the windshield before?

Would be many many more now IMO because there are soooo many more people driving, driving 65 + miles an hour.

Wonder whose idea 'daddy/son' time was , dad's or mom's ? Did dad feel frustrated and stifled by the daddy/son time? Did mom remind him' today is daddy/son' time ?
You know, that's a weird time to have a scheduled bonding time with your child anyway...in a hurry ,on the way to work. Kinda the opposite of TIME spent together but maybe that' s just me.
Men with babies attract women. imo

:dunno::dunno:
I remember my parents had a huge Chrysler and a huge Lincoln ..both had those wing windows and a/c

I loved those little windows....:(

Ok, efficient air conditioning killed those little window thingys... :dunno:

Is mom's pinterest gone? - or am I messing up?
Board removed.

I am in Ca. and The fireworks are starting. I can watch them from my house. I am going to to watch them but I know I will be thinking about what great memories cooper could have had if......just if they would have been even halfway decent people.

The shoulder straps on the car seat were in the lowest position too. Cooper must have been so uncomfortable every time he went in there.

http://www.kvue.com/story/news/2014/07/04/new-warrants-ross-harris/12213701/

Right, the lowest settings are for a freaking NEWBORN! like... 5-10 POUNDS!! That cannot be an error unless they were both IDIOTS! I'm not even being mean. A baby would outgrow the lowest straps in just a few months! As a mom of five and a foster mom of many newborns and babies, I know this. And if it was their FIRST BABY, they knew it, too :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, y'all!

-----------

Hi, At Coopers age was he still supposed to fae the rear in the car seat? I cant remember at what age my grt.grandson changed to face front. I think he was younger than Cooper. They are easier to see when they face front. TY. in advance.

Apparently some car seats are rated for up to two years in rear facing car seat. But age 2 is about the time you'd be changing to a front facing car seat if not a bit earlier depending on the size of your child relative to his age. But the shoulder straps in this case where set at the lowest setting, so for an infant. Which is either laziness or wanting him strapped in tighter I suppose. And they had a new car seat but it was in the mother's car for some reason even though dad took him to daycare every day.

I think he's a wuss. It's as simple as he didn't want to see his son die. This was easy for him. He probably did kids him good-bye and simply walked away.
Psychopaths and narcissists don't truly understand empathy or compassion.thats why it's always about him. Tears only for himself.

His child was merely a disposable object, like everyone else that outlasted their usefulness. The kid was a great prop, but became too much work. The child took away too much of his "me" time. Time he would rather spend sexting and meeting up with an underage girl. He put much thought into that .. Looking up age of consent.
Where was he planning on flying to?

All IMO

This is why I don't pay much attention to all the people who thought he was a wonderful husband and father. My ex-BIL is a very charming sociopath who used his wife and kids as props to further his career. When my niece was born, she used a breathing monitor for several months. He made sure that his boss saw his wife and sick child whenever possible, so that his boss would remember that come promotion time. (and he said as much to me). When he achieved what he wanted in his career, he was done with his wife and kids. Up until then, everyone thought he was a great family man. No, it was all about him. Always was and always will be.

ETA: I thought about my ex-BIL when I heard RH was passed over for a promotion. I wonder if he thought having a kid wasn't helping his career as he thought, and was a money pit to boot.

:dunno::dunno:

Ok, efficient air conditioning killed those little window thingys... :dunno:

Nope...nothing was ever colder than than the A/C in those cars... Probably destroyed half the ozone layer...but it would be FREEZING in those land boats!
I remember using the both seatbelts and laying down in that back on long road trips. ...stretched out all the way in that back seat and still wouldn't be touching the doors with either my head or feet. And have a big heavy crocheted afghan over me trying to stay warm!
I'm
Shivering just thinking about it!

IMO they're still better off now.
How many became projectiles and went through the windshield before?

Would be many many more now IMO because there are soooo many more people driving, driving 65 + miles an hour.

Actually, speed limits were higher pretty much everywhere prior to 1973 when the whole 55 mph thing got some traction.

Oh how I wish we had the FULL transcripts from the PB hearing.

Yes l agree and somewhere I heard the new car seat was in her car. That may not official info. But why put the new car seat in her car if he took kiddo to daycare every day. Wouldn't you want the best fitting safety equipment in the vehicle the kiddo was in most? And the old car seat with the straps at the infant setting is weird. Seems that would cram him in so he couldn't possibly escape. Too horrible to imagine.

Sent from my TX300CA using Tapatalk

If he took & she picked up, why not buy two new seats?

at work. The testimony is he pulled past a space between two cars then backed in to that space between two cars then pulled forward and parked in a space with a car on one side (the left, I think) and none on the other (grass, I think). At Akers Mill, he pulled in the middle of the drive to the right of the entrance...no parking space or backing up involved.

How can you back up into a space between 2 cars and not look over both sides of your shoulder? We did learn at least,that his car did not have a backup camera

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

If he took & she picked up, why not buy two new seats?

Ya, you would think somewhere in that 4k he coulda squeezed out another seat.
He knew they wouldn't be needing it.
Kid thing was getting old. IMO

Oh but he wasn't happy! Passed over for a promotion,
interviewed for another job that he didn't get.

Fortune 50
Roflmao...every time

It's easy to be cynical about Ross but I'm gonna give him a pass for typing 50 since many people his age and under have terrible 'writing' skills using abbrev. etc on the net. I'm betting he was too lazy to correct typographical errors assuming that was the only time he posted 50.

Regarding Harris family as they say the apple didn't fall far from the tree. Mrs. Harris called the judge a SOB immediately after he refused bond. She said it loud enough for reporters to hear. Mr. Harris looked very angry in the courtroom.

I hope the poor wife wises up and has her attorney work out a deal because Ross was taking advantage of her. Somebody said the wife graduated with honors *advertiser censored* laude. She should've been the only handling finances and maybe this would've never happened. Ross bought an expensive guitar and had an endless amount of electronic gadgets. Someone posted that his degree was 100% financed via student loans.

About chic fil a and breakfast, mom had pinned an overnight oatmeal recipe.
If I didn't have a gluten allergy I would eat em up yummy!
Being a dietitian I bet Cooper ate before she left. I think daddy ate junk food.
moo
hytypu6u.jpg

http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads