GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT rant...I wonder if this sort of death occurred back in the 40's-80's, when car were big, but people concentrated on driving, not talking on the ^#%##*# phone, or trying to do one million things at a time. Not saying this was the issue here...but people are so distracted, even when operating a two-ton machine at high speeds with their children inside, even knowing car accidents are among the leading causes of death for children. In the state I live in, texting while driving was JUST ruled illegal this week...with a $25 fine. It is so ridiculous that this even has to be a law. I guess I just get tired of hearing about how stressful life is these days...my mom had eight kids and worked and nothing was left undone, but she was not racing around like a crazy person. Somehow, life was lived before phones, gadgets etc.
Anyway...jmo

Speaking as a child born in the mid-50's:

Mom could run into the store and leave us in the car with all the windows down because we were perfectly safe like that back then. We knew everyone in town, and everyone in town knew us too (which meant if we misbehaved while she was in the store and someone saw us...woe be unto us!) Heck, if a stranger crossed the town lines, that information traveled faster (via momma grapevine) than the person could travel. And if someone was acting strange, the friendly neighborhood version of Andy Taylor would be pulling up and politely letting the person know they were being watched by a thousand pairs of eyes.

Also, Mom could leave us in the car with the windows rolled up or cracked and if we got hot, we could roll down the windows because they were manual and did not require that the car be running to control them.

And if someone were to leave their sleeping kid in a too-hot car, any adult could just open the door and roll down the windows, because no one had to leave their car doors locked. The person could just walk the kid into the store, find the momma and say, "Hey Flo, Imogene was getting a little hot in there. Here she is!"

Of course, there was no debate about whether or not a kid could get out of a car seat because the only car seats were ones that enabled the child to sit up high enough to see. They were not for safety. And any kid that could crawl or climb could crawl or climb out of them at will.

Because it's another example of him being a pompous arrogant twit.
Anyone else would say, Fortune 500. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL, I work with geeks all day. They would never call a Fortune 50 or 100 a Fortune 500 because they need to point out how big it is :p Constantly trying to make themselves appear like super duper engineers for working for such large companies. I don't get it either.

JIC, no one has responded to this about the carseat, mho of it this; the Harris' purchased one new carseat for Cooper recently when they should have purchased two or one for ea vehicle since they shared the transportation of daycare responsibilities. JRH took Cooper-LH frequently, not always, p/u her son. This new car seat was installed into JRHs vehicle until 2-3 weeks before June 18. JRH offers LE an explanation about why he/they changed that new, properly-coded, forward-facing car seat in his vehicle for the old, ill-fitting, rear-facing infant seat Cooper was discovered in that was well below safety codes. This data, if accurate, means that LH had the new, proper-fitting, forward-facing car seat in her vehicle. The rear-facing carseat meant JRH would not have to look directly into his son's eyes since Cooper was facing the rear.

This also is more of my gut feeling on this stuff. This dangerous individual is a sex-addicted sadist with masochistic tendencies attached. He was losing control of his life, slowly, for many years due to many issues including his sense of manhood vs his flaccidity. ouch. He found a way to improve his libido and became severely, opposed to moderately, addicted to many perverted and dangerous aspects of sex. This is where I really think LH enjoyed JRHs stiff results of his testosterone therapy. Only, satisfying the sadistic pleasure began taking over JRHs life a couple of years ago. Not sure yet why she stayed married, had the baby, and became, at least, an accomplice in Cooper's death. Surely parents would not have a baby just to collect on a $27K "accidental death" policy?

JRH had a great job for 2yrs but was recently overlooked for a promotion. ouch. He arrived at work on June 18 at 9:25, went out for lunch @ 11:30, and left the parking lot at 4:15. That's on the job 2h 5m in the morning and 3hr 45m in the afternoon = 5 hours and 50 minutes on June 18. Were short work days a habit for JRH? It is no wonder why he was overlooked during the recent promotion. He applied with ChikFilA and was denied employment in May, 2014. ouch.

Loser. Baby Killer. Death Penalty.

I think he's a wuss. It's as simple as he didn't want to see his son die. This was easy for him. He probably did kids him good-bye and simply walked away.
Psychopaths and narcissists don't truly understand empathy or compassion.thats why it's always about him. Tears only for himself.

His child was merely a disposable object, like everyone else that outlasted their usefulness. The kid was a great prop, but became too much work. The child took away too much of his "me" time. Time he would rather spend sexting and meeting up with an underage girl. He put much thought into that .. Looking up age of consent.
Where was he planning on flying to?

All IMO

Not for nothing, but CFA *is* almost always super efficient. I can get in and out in 20 if I only have one of my kids....

well supposedly he went in the restaurant with his son......how many 22month olds do you know could eat breakfast that quickly?
There's been a total absence of what he bought his son for breakfast but we did hear yesterday that he did it 3 times a month as a daddy/son time.

Ok sorry I know I'm going to piss a lot of people off but NO I have no sympathy whatsoever for this parent for this reason

Snipped by me

What's funny to me is that if in doing this she had hit ANOTHER person's car and killed their child, the sympathy would fly out the window and people would not be making excuses for her the same way. It drives me up the wall that because children are considered "possessions" of the parents, they are not treated as individual victims and the loss of the child switches the parent to the victim role and we forget all about the rights of the child.
Excellent and thought provoking point. Thank you !

Yes. That is where I got my thought he had a side piece at DC

I'm at a loss to explain how he could have an affair with one, let alone multiple, women. I guess there is a fish for every worm on a hook....

She was prosecuted for involuntary manslaughter and acquitted.

Good, this is exactly what should have happened. The conviction doesn't need to happen to make me happy, just the prosecution. And now the victim has had his day in court and justice has occurred. Every case should be handled this way IMO.

Wonder whose idea 'daddy/son' time was , dad's or mom's ? Did dad feel frustrated and stifled by the daddy/son time? Did mom remind him' today is daddy/son' time ?
You know, that's a weird time to have a scheduled bonding time with your child anyway...in a hurry ,on the way to work. Kinda the opposite of TIME spent together but maybe that' s just me.

Unless you're 35 or under, that's extremely unusual behavior and explains your frame of reference. I grew up in NJ and my grandparents would let me ride standing up on the front seat in the late 60's and early 70's. I sat in the back seat only when there was no room in the front and I wore a lap belt that was certain to sever my spine when I rode in the back -- if I wore it at all. And that was WELL into the 1970's. I did not even wear a seatbelt regularly until I was an adult in the early 1990's. I think my experience is the norm.

I was born in 1966.
Only child to TWO super protective parents.
If my parents knew how their siblings would transport us (cousins) they would never speak to them again...
Once they recovered from strokes and heart attacks!
When I was allowed to sit upfront, I wore the lap belt. Always. And I still git that "life saving arm" flying out & in front of me, holding me back.

Edited to add. Born & raised in NJ too.

Lol that was me. I don't have much of a life and need to walk to keep my circulation going and for my arthritis etc. So I do it in large parking lots, probably looking like I am casing cars for stereos, etc...

I'm going to start doing that, and I think there should be PSAs in the summer encouraging communities to do the same. If only someone at Home Depot had seen Cooper. :tears:

That jerk probably didn't feed his baby anything! here kid, suck on a nugget!
What does that place serve for breakfast anyway?

Am I evil for just busting out hysterical laughing at this comment. Redneck parenting 101 OMG :floorlaugh:

Yes l agree and somewhere I heard the new car seat was in her car. That may not official info. But why put the new car seat in her car if he took kiddo to daycare every day. Wouldn't you want the best fitting safety equipment in the vehicle the kiddo was in most? And the old car seat with the straps at the infant setting is weird. Seems that would cram him in so he couldn't possibly escape. Too horrible to imagine.

Sent from my TX300CA using Tapatalk
-----------

Hi, At Coopers age was he still supposed to fae the rear in the car seat? I cant remember at what age my grt.grandson changed to face front. I think he was younger than Cooper. They are easier to see when they face front. TY. in advance.

well supposedly he went in the restaurant with his son......how many 22month olds do you know could eat breakfast that quickly?
There's been a total absence of what he bought his son for breakfast but we did hear yesterday that he did it 3 times a month as a daddy/son time.

Like I said, if I only have one of my girls, I could get in and out of CFA in the morning in 20. But only one of them. And at 22 months it was easier than now. One is four and the other one will be 3 in October.

Unless you're 35 or under, that's extremely unusual behavior and explains your frame of reference. I grew up in NJ and my grandparents would let me ride standing up on the front seat in the late 60's and early 70's. I sat in the back seat only when there was no room in the front and I wore a lap belt that was certain to sever my spine when I rode in the back -- if I wore it at all. And that was WELL into the 1970's. I did not even wear a seatbelt regularly until I was an adult in the early 1990's. I think my experience is the norm.

Yep! Seatbelts became mandatory in Texas about 1990 or 1991 IIRC and I can remember being so mad and thinking how dare ' they' tell me I have to wear a seatbelt. Boy , how things have changed. So definitely as a kid I don't remember wearing them ever in the car.

Speaking as a child born in the mid-50's:

Mom could run into the store and leave us in the car with all the windows down because we were perfectly safe like that back then. We knew everyone in town, and everyone in town knew us too (which meant if we misbehaved while she was in the store and someone saw us...woe be unto us!) Heck, if a stranger crossed the town lines, that information traveled faster (via momma grapevine) than the person could travel. And if someone was acting strange, the friendly neighborhood version of Andy Taylor would be pulling up and politely letting the person know they were being watched by a thousand pairs of eyes.

Also, Mom could leave us in the car with the windows rolled up or cracked and if we got hot, we could roll down the windows because they were manual and did not require that the car be running to control them.

And if someone were to leave their sleeping kid in a too-hot car, any adult could just open the door and roll down the windows, because no one had to leave their car doors locked. The person could just walk the kid into the store, find the momma and say, "Hey Flo, Imogene was getting a little hot in there. Here she is!"

Of course, there was no debate about whether or not a kid could get out of a car seat because the only car seats were ones that enabled the child to sit up high enough to see. They were not for safety. And any kid that could crawl or climb could crawl or climb out of them at will.

That pretty much sums it up. And we're better off how? Because we have better seatbelts and carseats? :eyeroll:

Air conditioning killed those little window things, I believe.

I remember my parents had a huge Chrysler and a huge Lincoln ..both had those wing windows and a/c

I loved those little windows....:(

-----------

Hi, At Coopers age was he still supposed to fae the rear in the car seat? I cant remember at what age my grt.grandson changed to face front. I think he was younger than Cooper. They are easier to see when they face front. TY. in advance.

Legally he could face the front at his age, BUT it is much safer for him to be rear facing. AAP recommends kids stay rear facing until a minimum of 2 years old. NHTSA recommends kids stay rear facing until they meet the rear facing limits of their convertible car seat (which for average kids is closer to 3 or 4)

-----------

The newest recommendation is that kids stay rear facing until 2 years, or they exceed the limits of their seat... which he did :(

-----------

I extended rear faced my son until age 3.5. He is now six and is in a forward facing harness to booster still in the 5 point harness. Car seat limits and laws have changed a lot in the last few years. The recommendation to turn FF now is after age 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme