GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In reading the comments here, I am starting to think that LH responded the way she did because they regularly left Cooper in the car. It was something they didn't talk about with others, but between the two of them they had done it many times before. I can't imagine *not* wanting to go directly to my child and instead choosing my husband. I like my husband quite a bit, but there is a different bond between most mothers and children. That mommy bear instinct takes over. Maybe she was so caught up (complicit) in this "he is our leader" lifestyle that her first thought was always for him and Cooper was secondary to "them". I don't know. I think her reactions are strange for many reasons.

Different bond between daddies and kids too. If there is a situation where my wife and I had to choose between child and spouse, it's understood that our children come first. Isn't that supposed to be the point?

Well at the funeral she DID say he is the "Leader of our family".

When I heard that I thought "great statement for a future defense"! But she ain't the brightest crayon in the box either, if she wanted to be rid of him she surely would NOT say "Did you say too much" while in a holding room at the police station!

I have a feeling they both had a predilection to feeling very highly about themselves. She probably thought she was always the smartest the in the room. I think she let him think that about himself.

what if they did not use a clinic and did not sign papers (((possible problem)))

Not sure I want to know how that could happen, but if they didn't sign papers, then you go back to the rebuttable presumption of being married. That presumption can be rebutted with DNA testing. Problem is, if the Court actually ran in to an issue like that, I'm not sure what the outcome would be since one of the obvious and main purposes of the law is to make sure that there is both a father and a mother who are financially responsible for the child.

I'm usually not a fan of wild speculation, but I'll make an exception right here lol...Did he take Cooper with him on some of his hookups and leave the baby in the car. He may have been using the baby as an excuse/cover to get out of the house. If he was busted doing that, that could explain all the searches and her reaction.

BBM- I'm not a fan of wild speculation either. I will make an exception on this one as well because it's obvious the wife knew Cooper had been left in the car before. I don't believe June 18th is the first time the child had been left in the car unattended. I'm thinking it happened many times before. IMO

Different bond between daddies and kids too. If there is a situation where my wife and I had to choose between child and spouse, it's understood that our children come first. Isn't that supposed to be the point?

Yes, goes without saying. I was speaking to this specific circumstance, but I agree with you. Sorry if I was unclear or offensive. Most (normal, non sociopathic) parents (that aren't in dysfuncitonal relationships) would say "the kids come first" without hesitation.

And I don't think the idea that he'd left Cooper in the car on his hookups is any more "wildly speculative" than speculating that the child isn't genetically RH's.

Yes, goes without saying. I was speaking to this specific circumstance, but I agree with you. Sorry if I was unclear or offensive. Most (normal, non sociopathic) parents (that aren't in dysfuncitonal relationships) would say "the kids come first" without hesitation.

And I don't think the idea that he'd left Cooper in the car on his hookups is any more "wildly speculative" than speculating that the child isn't genetically RH's.

BBM

If this is referring to my posts, just to be clear, I don't either. It's just that one of them was MY wild speculation, so I felt I should acknowledge it. The other wasn't.

While I am with the majority here concerning her, I've got to consider that it was the first thing that popped into her head due to the possibility that JRH had left Cooper in the car before. I've given her a bit of credence as far as her total demeanor is concerned for reasons I put in my post.

It floors me, though, that she didn't want to see her baby first. That's the first thing I would want to do in a similar circumstance. Then, I'd want to see my husband and confront him about what he did.

I completely agree. You would have to drag me away from my baby.

And I don't think the idea that he'd left Cooper in the car on his hookups is any more "wildly speculative" than speculating that the child isn't genetically RH's.[/QUOTE]

BBM

If this is referring to my posts, just to be clear, I don't either. It's just that one of them was MY wild speculation, so I felt I should acknowledge it. The other wasn't.

And I was saying I don't think your speculation is necessarily that wild, I think it's likely spot-on. It's definitely very plausible and I agree with you!

I'm usually not a fan of wild speculation, but I'll make an exception right here lol...Did he take Cooper with him on some of his hookups and leave the baby in the car. He may have been using the baby as an excuse/cover to get out of the house. If he was busted doing that, that could explain all the searches and her reaction.

I can see that happening for sure.

Many years ago I worked with a dude that would take his little one to his hook ups. He would laugh that his wife thought making him take their child with him would guarantee no hanky panky (she had previously discovered his infidelity)

Athough he didn't leave his son in the car, he would turn the TV on at his paramours house for him and sneak off into the bathroom for a quicky :eek:

Oh, kiddo, I wasn't offended, lol.

I tend to speculate and throw out different scenarios.

But, I think at least Ross had been using the car as a baby sitter. Probably off and on since Cooper became too big for a carrier and more mobile. I'm wondering if it wasn't a more recent development though. Like March or April.

Hi LittleRose: you hit the nail on the head: in the end she wanted him more than she wanted the baby. Tragic for the poor baby who became disposable to preserve the relationship

It is my opinion, after dealing with a serial cheater who blamed every stressor in his life for his decision to cheat, that he blamed Cooper and the stress of fatherhood for his unfaithfulness. He wanted to be free of the marriage (and Cooper because of child support) so maybe he told LH that he would be faithful if Cooper were out of the picture. She believed him and the plan unfolded. He didn't anticipate it going so poorly, and he planned to leave LH after Cooper was gone.

"Cooper turned our lives upside down," is not something I would expect a grieving mother to say. It seems more disparaging than loving. "Ross I'm doing this for you," also said by LH at Cooper's funeral... I think she was so desperate to save her marriage that she agreed to the murder of her son.

"did you say too much"

to me, that says, "did you blow our plan"

'Did you say too much' is not what you say in a pure accident. What needs to be left out ? Put it all out there if it is truly an innocent accident.

Leaving a kid in a car for an hour hook up that was totally intentional doesn't excuse his so called "forgetting" the baby in the car.
He allegedly had looked up the temperature and time thing just a few days before leaving Cooper in the car to kill him. JMO

It is my opinion, after dealing with a serial cheater who blamed every stressor in his life for his decision to cheat, that he blamed Cooper and the stress of fatherhood for his unfaithfulness. He wanted to be free of the marriage (and Cooper because of child support) so maybe he told LH that he would be faithful if Cooper were out of the picture. She believed him and the plan unfolded. He didn't anticipate it going so poorly, and he planned to leave LH after Cooper was gone.

"Cooper turned our lives upside down," is not something I would expect a grieving mother to say. It seems more disparaging than loving. "Ross I'm doing this for you," also said by LH at Cooper's funeral... I think she was so desperate to save her marriage that she agreed to the murder of her son.

bbm --- yes

and lest we forget the callous walking with the cell phone following her baby's casket.........(I would need help walking at that point just to hold me up)

Many years ago I worked with a dude that would take his little one to his hook ups. He would laugh that his wife thought making him take their child with him would guarantee no hanky panky (she had previously discovered his infidelity)

Athough he didn't leave his son in the car, he would turn the TV on at his paramours house for him and sneak off into the bathroom for a quicky :eek:

A lot of men that I have known have taken their kids but not left them in a car. My grandfather did this. Her kids played with his in the house.:drumroll:

I don't think anyone's saying it's an excuse, they are just saying that he might have felt very comfortable with leaving Cooper in the car for various reasons/activities, so when he decided to do this it might have stemmed from "I've left him in the car before, I'll just choose that method". (ew, ew, ew. I feel so gross for even writing that)

I was middle school aged before I realized that my grandfather had been using me the same way. When I was in high school my mom and I took a trip by ourselves to the old farm and she told me she knew he had a mistress but could never figure out who it was. I took her straight to the house. He was a real son of a ***** though...

Also...the "Ross I'm doing this for you" sounds kinda weird now to me.

Leanna's *advertiser censored* is in a crack. Looking forward to seeing her mug shot...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member