GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oddly enough I was just perusing through YouTube the other night and watched her unsolved mystery. Odd timing. Anyway, I thought the biggest standout from her story was the married cop who had been calling her the night she disappeared; he left his card on her door too. Aside from being a cheater, he just seemed like someone to dig deeper in to.

Such a beautiful and accomplished woman. So sad, and such a waste.
It always seems like the beautiful ones have a high potential for harm when obsessed lovers can't control them.

Why does the glove have to be a part of the crime scene at all? People throw items out of their cars, drop them, etc. all of the time. Unless it has traceable fingerprints or DNA , I wouldn't assume anything.

There was not really any traffic on that street. Ocilla is a very small sleepy community and her street was not one that people just drive through or hung out on unless they actually lived there.

GBI seems pretty sure it's related. I'm sure they have their reasons for that.

I totally disagree, this case is 9 years old the outdated GBI strategy has not worked, the person who did this has advanced crime scene knowledge especially he knows how to get rid of body damn good

The person that did this got lucky just like many killers do. There are literally thousands of unsolved murders and cases of missing people who have never been found. Not every killer has advanced knowledge of crime scenes, and yet all these cases still go unsolved. Sometimes LE knows who the guilty party is but still cannot arrest anyone until there is enough evidence.

GBI could have evidence we know nothing about. We aren't told everything about these cases.

I am a nurse and everywhere I have worked ER, ICU, Recovery room and Urgent care the gloves are thrown in the trash unless a the patient is in isolation for a contagious disease. Easy for anyone to pick up. Even go somewhere to have your blood drawn, the personal will throw the gloves in the trash and anyone can pick them up. You could easily grab a clean glove and wrap the used one up in it until you are ready to plant it. No contamination and easy storage... or even but in a paper bag to keep the DNA nice and fresh. I think the glove was used by the killer during the kidnapping, but it would be very easy to get a used glove somewhere.

I also work in the medical field and we never throw used gloves in the trash. We throw all gloves that have been worn in the hazardous waste box.
I have never ever thrown a pair in the regular trash because they don't want them in the landfills.

A glove that was used in that manner would have more than one person's DNA on it anyway. That scenario doesn't work.

I really doubt anyone would go to all that trouble just to get a used glove. IMHO.

I really hope this brings some answers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This was in the Tifton Gazette from their conversation with GBI agent JT Ricketson:

...about a week and a half ago, someone contacted (the GBI) office and provided them with information, and enough of that information was corroborated. A search warrant was secured for officials to search a small pond located on the north side of Fitzgerald, off of Satilla Street. He said there was no body found, but, without giving details, Ricketson said they found "some items that substantiated original information that came in."
So whoever called in the tip must have had some specific information about what they expected LEO's to find on the bottom of that pond. I'm so curious to know what that evidence might be. It would have to be something they thought could be tied directly to Tara's disappearance: her purse, clothing, a weapon?

Maybe it was a friend or relative of the person who did it. In 10 years, someone obviously told someone else of the crime.

Search is over it is likely that you will never hear about it again

Here is an important question: After receiving the credible tip would GBI automatically request a search warrant or might they first approach the landowner for permission to search/drain the pond? Just wondering if perhaps the landowner denied a request, prompting the search warrant?

Great question, and GBI obtained two warrants the second one to drain the pond

I also work in the medical field and we never throw used gloves in the trash. We throw all gloves that have been worn in the hazardous waste box.
I have never ever thrown a pair in the regular trash because they don't want them in the landfills.

A glove that was used in that manner would have more than one person's DNA on it anyway. That scenario doesn't work.

I really doubt anyone would go to all that trouble just to get a used glove. IMHO.

That seems weird that all gloves are thrown into a hazard box where you work. I have never seen it in Northern Indiana, only infectious material. I really think the glove was from the killer with his DNA on it. I just think that getting a glove that someone else used would not by that hard. Plus if a person used the gloves to touch equipment not a another person there does not have to be 2 sources of DNA. I would think the DNA on the inside would be the most informative to LE. The outside could have degraded but inside was still fresh.

People making a big deal out of the pond search that produced nothing. A local farmer called the tip in, GBI just responded. Waiting for a miracle to fall out of the sky is No investigative strategy.

I'm hopeful they recovered something useful. In 2011 they sent divers to a creek in Ocilla because someone was seen hanging around acting suspicious but nothing was found. Maybe this pond search is another knee jerk but I hope not. GBI is indicating something that corroborated the original tip was recovered.

That's the only purpose, Greta Investigates is doing a show in two weeks and GBI knows it

People making a big deal out of the pond search that produced nothing. A local farmer called the tip in, GBI just responded. Waiting for a miracle to fall out of the sky is No investigative strategy.

From the articles I have read some items were found but no body. That isn’t nothing. People have the right to be at least hopeful, many of us have followed this case for almost a decade and want it solved.

Makes just as much since as the GBI securing a warrant to drain a pond because of an upcoming TV show.

Something happens in this case about every four years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member