GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, sheriffs do it all the time before an election on cold cases saying they got a new tip, happens all the time

Oh, sheriffs do it all the time before an election on cold cases saying they got a new tip, happens all the time

Do you have any evidence to back this statement up? I hope I don’t offend you but why are you even commenting on here if you feel so negatively about this case? Seems to me this is a place for hope in Tara’s case and a place to discuss what is going on, why litter it with Debbie Downer comments that add nothing to the conversation?

Agree this is definitely an advancement. LE resources are slim; they wouldn't be putting resource against this without due cause. And I agree, if only out of respect to the suffering family members, let's remain pragmatic, but open to resolution.

Other than the initial volunteer searches and the false lead at the creek a few years ago, can anyone name another incident since 2005 when LEO's obtained an actual search warrant?

Sounds like someone's conscience got to them and they have provided crucial information. Just speculating.

Greta Investigates Vanish without a trace, will air this Sat at 10pm eastern time on Fox news channel, check your local listings

If there was an order issued to drain the pond, there has to be something to justify going on private property and making these changes. We might not know what was discovered until after local elections, but at least it's activity.

Other than the initial volunteer searches and the false lead at the creek a few years ago, can anyone name another incident since 2005 when LEO's obtained an actual search warrant?

Where can I find out more info about search warrants related to the volunteer searches?

I gave up watching these shows during NG's incessant "tot mom" coverage but before that I watched them on a regular basis. Weren't there some pretty questionable tactics used and finds made by the world famous missing person volunteer experts? Seems like I remember that coming out even before I ODed on Nancy, Jane, Rita & Greta.

Wasn't there something about a house that was burned down in this case? I can't remember the details but it was indirectly linked to ppl in this case?

Does anyone remember the story of the neighbor pouring concrete around the time of disappearance? I could not remember if that was proven to be a rumor. Anyone?

Does anyone know if the married cop -that she allegedly had some sort of relationship with- was cleared? Did he take a poly?

Greta is doing a special on Tara's case Saturday night at 10pm.

Does anyone remember the story of the neighbor pouring concrete around the time of disappearance? I could not remember if that was proven to be a rumor. Anyone?

weird...i never heard of this? I would like to know too

That seems weird that all gloves are thrown into a hazard box where you work. I have never seen it in Northern Indiana, only infectious material. I really think the glove was from the killer with his DNA on it. I just think that getting a glove that someone else used would not by that hard. Plus if a person used the gloves to touch equipment not a another person there does not have to be 2 sources of DNA. I would think the DNA on the inside would be the most informative to LE. The outside could have degraded but inside was still fresh.

We use a fresh pair of gloves with each patient.....and they are not put in the regular trash that goes to a landfill. It's that simple. The paper that covers the exam table is also put in the haz container after each patient. The haz container is really just a big box with a red plastic bag. Not a big deal.That stuff goes to the incinerator.

IMHO....the crime of Tara's disappearance was not some carefully laid plan where the perp thought about stealing a worn pair of latex gloves as a plant and then took a pair while nobody was looking. It's too complicated.

The DNA from the glove does not match any of the two local suspects that have been discussed frequently...and both those men had been in Tara's life and in her house on multiple occasions so their DNA being inside the home or in her car would not be all that incriminating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member