GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Police said in their first press conference that she was taken from her home.

In reference to woe b gones' post you replied to here,,,,the POfcr explorer or whatever that burned and the house burning, the only hit the dogs got was in the house, maybe transported by one truck to the explorer to the house??? where she lay awhile? IDK but all dna or evidence was burned to ashes in the car and the house, said it appeared to be 2 separate fires....dogs dont hit on septic especially dormant ones..... Tara's dog probalby ran out frantically or either she had let him out like you said and someone came over freindly like and dog never was let back in....payne Lindsey said it was pretty dark and secluded at night where she lived....Yes MJ Duke on alder st? proably where he was living.............dont cops usually look for neighbors in the area or pedophiles nearby? Gah he was right htere but then I think RD freind said he left and joined the army, dishonorable discharge or something , hindsight wondered if he was trying to get away after the murder, not sure myself when he enlisted tho sounded like after the murder.........there was another guy who's name was bleeped out on PC, said he'd be the type not RD, reminded me of the sam poss murderers, both kind of dark but one more apt and drug the other one into it, there was a mention of meth on PC too in regards to RD......20/21 when he committed teh crime it............just seems unreal, of all people that this case surrounded and he even confessed 10 years ago! however he went about it, youd think the people who heard would have taken it seriously! AND told she was dumped or buried in a pecan grove...........what the what!? unbelievable

Police said in their first press conference that she was taken from her home.

In his first hearing before the court the DA said he assaulted her and murdered her inside of her home and then removed the body out of her home.

That was posted back on about page 8 iirc on the date his hearing was held. From what they said she was already dead when he removed her body from her home.:(

IMO

People might have been too scared to say anything. Sounds like RD's own mother didn't even trust to be around him. Also disbelief and denial can make people avoid tipping off authorities for some time.
I think in this case, they just didnt take him seriously esp the way his best friend described him, fiendly and always ready to help out, they probalby didnt believe him.....glad he's caught but it disappointed me that no one told....yeah his mother knew him best, wonder if she ever suspected him

Maybe someone will know -

Is the Ben Hill County property that's being search the same property as the pond that was drained/searched in 2015?

If so, why wouldn't/didn't they search the land back in 2015 too?

Maybe the search indicates RD did confess and told them where to look for remains.
Plus, it seems, LE must have found a match to the glove.
They're acting like they have a strong case but still being very tight lipped.

I wondered why it was out in front adn not on a step or in carport, dog must've drug it around or either they were parked by the road, need to look at house and yard again, was told it was found in the pinestraw bed in front between 2 trees, not a big yard tho but figured they/he would stay close to the house, is there a door in the carport to the house?

I forgot the poor guys name that committed suicide and left a list, sure would like to see that list, they only investigated 5 maybe I think is what PL reported thru interviews...............Godwin was told , it said he was bipolar but I wondered if he didnt wreck because someone was after him then, then it was blamed on head trauma, IDK

People might have been too scared to say anything. Sounds like RD's own mother didn't even trust to be around him. Also disbelief and denial can make people avoid tipping off authorities for some time.

Donald on UAV discussion forum said that you would be surprised at how many people do not want to talk to authorities. He said reasons are fear of police retaliation (due to a coverup), fear of retaliation by a suspect, maybe you have a criminal record, or maybe you just don't want to “officially” involve yourself in an investigation.

Donald on UAV discussion forum said that you would be surprised at how many people do not want to talk to authorities. He said reasons are fear of police retaliation (due to a coverup), fear of retaliation by a suspect, maybe you have a criminal record, or maybe you just don't want to “officially” involve yourself in an investigation.

eventually any body who said anything got search and seizure.....and became afraid to speak out, they way i heard it told......drunk kids aint scared, his bf said he was the nicest guy so did a teacher they probalby thought he was making a bad joke, wish I'd heard it to know.. IDK, glad they got him now and no others were murdered, that we know of

So after listening to the UAV podcast today, I want to explore the theory of another person/people being involved. What's your theory? Do you think additional person was called to help with removal/cover up? If so, what motivation would that person have for staying quiet? If RD hasn't said what happened, could it be possible two were there in the house?

Maps here, Snapdragon is just outside Irwin county, might even extend into it cant see Irwin, just hte line, this is ben hill map.....was looking for bowen rd in the county, but this shows how close everything was, might not have been 25 minutes from ocilla to fitzgerald, maybe 3 minutes... still looking http://www.benhillcounty.com/fyi/pdfs/CommunityAssessment.pdf

I haven't been able to post here in forever, college is eating me alive, but I've been meaning to drop in since I heard there was an arrest.

Ocilla and Fitzgerald are probably about 5 minutes apart, if you take the main drag through Ocilla right into Fitzgerald. 25 would get you to the opposite side of Fitzgerald, on the way to Bowen's Mill.

Source: Transplanted Tifton native.

So after listening to the UAV podcast today, I want to explore the theory of another person/people being involved. What's your theory? Do you think additional person was called to help with removal/cover up? If so, what motivation would that person have for staying quiet? If RD hasn't said what happened, could it be possible two were there in the house?

Still trying to figure out WHY.....but a dead weight body is heavy and if you already have to worrry about being caught dragging /carrying someone out of their house at or after midnight, what if you dropped them outside, how do you recover that? slinkly limp body, my aunt fell once and she has no muscle tone and trying to help her up was even hard to do...tho there is a technique........I would think there is another, his friend seemed to think there was a more shady character invovled

Where did you read/hear that about his mom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't been able to post here in forever, college is eating me alive, but I've been meaning to drop in since I heard there was an arrest.

Ocilla and Fitzgerald are probably about 5 minutes apart, if you take the main drag through Ocilla right into Fitzgerald. 25 would get you to the opposite side of Fitzgerald, on the way to Bowen's Mill.

Source: Transplanted Tifton native.

awesome... thanks....makes it sound like a lot of driving if someone says they are going to fitzgerald from ocilla, but really like 2 towns in one city, being that close. We have several downtowns in my area of the city. No real central area There was a timeline on podcast, tara said she was going to fitzgd to meet someone but she'd also met up with Merritt on the corner in ocilla nearby, if she didnt go all the way to norther Ben Hill county then she could have made it back in 15 minutes that was left in the timeline if it was a very brief visit or dropping something off.... I need to go back and see what that was about and where they were trying to place her afterwareds within a frame.......may be irrelevant now idk.........tahnks!.......Get that degree!

I think it's a leap to conclude RD's mom was afraid of him based on this report.

If you've just bailed out your adult son for DUI, and he's a typical user, he was probably blaming the cops for arresting him and not taking responsibility for his actions, and she was "over it," so to speak. (Opinion based on 40 years as the adult sibling of an alcoholic.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06
Back