GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe someone will know -

Is the Ben Hill County property that's being search the same property as the pond that was drained/searched in 2015?

If so, why wouldn't/didn't they search the land back in 2015 too?

Maybe the search indicates RD did confess and told them where to look for remains.
Plus, it seems, LE must have found a match to the glove.
They're acting like they have a strong case but still being very tight lipped.

Correct, here's a pic from WSB describing the location as a pecan farm in fitzgerald.
attachment.php
attachment.php
The signature on the no trespassing sign in this picture looks like it could belong to Randy Hudson of the Hudson Pecan Company. **edit added additional high quality image of signature.

Locals on the Up and Vanished discussion board say she was left in a pecan field, it is a different one though.

Attachments

• C5xymexUsAAy1T5.jpg
    C5xymexUsAAy1T5.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 386
  • Search for Grinstead_s remains in Fitzgerald | 13wmaz.com-6.jpg
    Search for Grinstead_s remains in Fitzgerald | 13wmaz.com-6.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 364
Correct, here's a pic from WSB describing the location as a pecan farm in fitzgerald.
attachment.php
The signature on the no trespassing sign in this picture looks like it could belong to Randy Hudson of the Hudson Pecan Company.

Oh my, my memory recognizes the name. Isn't the H name tied to someone younger in the case - an uncle or father of somebody owns the pecan orchard?
I can't remember which player I read that about but H is considered "important" within the community. I read.

10 years ago!! Ryan Duke told this story 10 years ago! What? How? Why no arrest then? Did somebody need time to clean UP? why wasn't this taken seriously otherwise? WOW Upandvanished.com
He did? The up and vanished podcast said that? Do you have a link to the source? What time stamp on which episode?

I wonder if Tara returned home from the bbq, changed her clothes and left her house again.
Maybe she left her phone on the charger because the battery was depleted.
In other words, the crime was committed outside of her home.
But why would she leave her dog outside?

The dog bothers me.
Thinking about the dog, causes me to think that when she put her out, someone else came into the house and left the dog outside when they left.

She either left her house taking her purse and keys with her or, she returned home, placed her phone on the charger, changed clothes to go to bed when someone entered the home and then left with only her purse and keys.

The black truck could have been there either way; to follow the perp when bringing her car back to the house or because the perp drove to her house which would have kept the truck there longer.

Wait, didn't RD live in Tara's neighborhood in 2005? He could have entered the back door after she put the dog out and surprised her inside the house.

The glove was found in the front of the house. The perp risked being seen if he left out the front door. But if he returned her car, went inside to place her phone on the charger wearing a glove (if she brought it with her) and then dropped the glove on his rush away from the house - because he'd have to pass the dog if he went out the back way.

Apparently, whatever took place was while the direct neighbors were sleeping which is plausible imo.

The rumor, if true, of more than one perp would cause me to think the crime was committed away from the house versus in her bedroom.

attachment.php
attachment.php
The signature on the no trespassing sign in this picture looks like it could belong to Randy Hudson of the Hudson Pecan Company. **edit added additional high quality image of signature.

Googling tells me the HPC is in Ocilla. Wouldn't that be Irwin County?
The buzz is the search is in Ben Hill County. So confusing!

I wonder if Tara returned home from the bbq, changed her clothes and left her house again.
Maybe she left her phone on the charger because the battery was depleted.
In other words, the crime was committed outside of her home.
But why would she leave her dog outside?

The dog bothers me.
Thinking about the dog, causes me to think that when she put her out, someone else came into the house and left the dog outside when they left.

She either left her house taking her purse and keys with her or, she returned home, placed her phone on the charger, changed clothes to go to bed when someone entered the home and then left with only her purse and keys.

The black truck could have been there either way; to follow the perp when bringing her car back to the house or because the perp drove to her house which would have kept the truck there longer.

Wait, didn't RD live in Tara's neighborhood in 2005? He could have entered the back door after she put the dog out and surprised her inside the house.

The glove was found in the front of the house. The perp risked being seen if he left out the front door. But if he returned her car, went inside to place her phone on the charger wearing a glove (if she brought it with her) and then dropped the glove on his rush away from the house - because he'd have to pass the dog if he went out the back way.

Apparently, whatever took place was while the direct neighbors were sleeping which is plausible imo.

The rumor, if true, of more than one perp would cause me to think the crime was committed away from the house versus in her bedroom.

Police said in their first press conference that she was taken from her home.

Very sad that no one shared what RD admitted to all those years ago. Hard to understand how anyone could keep that information to themselves knowing the pain of her family and friends.

southernmimi I thought of that and pondered more and wondered if maybe he told it in a joking way drunk and laughing, IDK, bad taste in jokes I know but the only thing that made sense to me as to WHY no one told!! All these years!! It's flabbergasting adn I thought rumours run rampant in a small town and esp ocillas as has been reported, Makes me also wonder if somebody on the force "needed more time" or something...reaching i know but so puzzling and sad!

People might have been too scared to say anything. Sounds like RD's own mother didn't even trust to be around him. Also disbelief and denial can make people avoid tipping off authorities for some time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back