GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh I know they are totally innocent in her murder. I would just like to know why MH lied about that night's events. There wasn't any arrest of the man they said they spoke with several times (BM). No paperwork done on it. They could have just been sitting chatting all night and didn't want to get his friend he was riding around with in trouble. Probably a silly reason but I'd still like to know to clear in my mind of it. Make sense? Not at all implying they had anything to do with it. Just left over questions in my mind. I wish HD had got the cops involved immediately when she wouldn't answer the door. But I'm sure he beats himself up everyday over not doing more bless his heart.
ETA: HD was in LE. They local cops would have taken his observance seriously I would think. I feel sorry for him because I know he wishes he had done things differently. But hindsight is 20/20 unfortunately. :(

I agree with you, and my question is how can someone be cleared without all the facts and with unanswered questions about that night.weekened, maybe it was like you said ealier, maybe he was playing on the job but come clean now like you said

I cant remember but I know RD lived in ocilla and not far from tara's house, with his mother maybe? But did RD live in Fitzgerald during the time of the murder, I know it was discussed, .........anyway another thought, maybe it was RD she met in Fitzgerald and maybe the murder happened there or in the orchard, being harvest season they had to move the body, maybe to snapradragon til they could take her back out there? Som many questions still, will be glad when the podcast is updated!!
Exactly.
I just want a few unanswered questions left over from the previous POI. I'm sure by now they know all the truths to those questions I hope. At least publicly come clean and say "hey we were goofing around that night because it's a small town and not much happens usually. That night unfortunately Tara was murdered and the fingers pointed to me and I froze up and didn't want to get my buddy in trouble." Heck the cops may have known back then and that's why they never did anything to him. It may have been taken care of behind the scenes because it would have made everyone in the local LE look incompetent.
I know HD beats himself up wondering what if. But I honestly don't think he would have found her still at the scene on Sunday. But wasn't the black truck there on and off all weekend? Possible it wasn't there when he dropped by though.
It bugs me to no end the neighbor washed the car. That should have been locked up somewhere safe to keep anything from changing the car's exact way it was left. Now they could test the vehicle for more and more things. But now they can't. Because it was washed!
I'm still going back to the flower debris that Dr. G found under the car. That is evidence that didn't get washed away. If it's true that Tara didn't drive her car on dirt roads or anywhere that would get it dirty, then that is a huge lead actually and could point them to where the car was driven that night. Possibly where they kept her body or where they disposed of it.
I can't keep up with the format on UandV discussion. When I got to the screenshots yesterday it froze on me and I never even got to see anything. :(
I want to say I read somewhere in the early days of his arrest that RD did live near her during the time of the murder. Not sure with who though. Didn't I also read that at one time both RD and BD lived together? Not sure when that occurred.
I'm glad the locals are finally talking. It's about dang time! Hopefully they will go to the GBI with all of their gossip and such. It could all be important no matter how small. So instead of posting on the internet, get from behind the screen names and speak out for TARA. Tell what you know so all the secrets are unburied. Let it all out to the proper authorities and let the chips fall where they may.
I'm so glad the Dr. G worked so tirelessly on this case all these years and PL got the spotlight on this case and got things moving. They deserve much much much more credit than I feel they have been given.
Dr. G got what I honestly feel is crucial evidence and chasing down leads and PL got the town talking and the guilty squirming. Both are things that the GBI nor local LE ever could do right. If those two people hadn't achieved what they did then we would still be wondering what happened... probably forever.
So as for me I want to give a massive shoutout to both Dr. Godwin and Payne Lindsey for all they accomplished in this case. Thank you for all of your excellent work!
Personally they should have been thanked in the first presser. But that's just me. Nothing worse than someone else taking credit for the hard work and ability to get things done in a case like this.
The murder happening before she got home is interesting. Hmm. But who let the dog out and put her phone on the charger?
Lots of questions still! I doubt RD will live through this year much less to see his day in court. So we may never know all of the truths :( !

MH and HD are cleared, innocent

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Thanks you for sticking with this case & overcoming all challenges & focusing on the end goal. You never stopped caring about the truth.

thanks for the last 2 posts, very good information from someone who lives it...............I had mentinoed "scapegoat" very early on, except for his mouth running about doing it, why if he hadnot done it..............but i see RD in the courtroom with his head down the whole time, its like, like he's thinking about how he's been framed and he's dying, better to go to jail and get free meals than confess all he knows cause whoever is involved is going to kill him if he talks and is set free.....I just really think BD is up to something or being the puppet to something we dont know about, otherwise, WHY would they let him bail out? ML's car was teh one that burned behind snapdragon, they burned the car and house separate and got rid of whatever forensics there was................I dont know something wreaks and I cant figure it out

That's one of the things that bothers me.
Those two guys I don't think had enough knowledge to pull off the crime without messing up and being caught early on.
Especially if they were drinking or doing drugs.
They had some kind of help cleaning it all up. Otherwise they would have been caught a long time ago in my opinion.
Honestly it's bugging me. For this to be their first and only crime and not make any mistakes that point back to them.... they had to have had help covering it up. Maybe they were able to get her out of her home alone and dump her somewhere and ask for help then. But to pull off the crime this well and leave nothing to point back to you and then get away with it for over 11 years you need help. Especially if you've never done a crime like this. Unless it was something like the Murder book with Sandra Bullock where they planned everything out down to a science to see if they could get away with the crime. I just don't think these two knotheads (my papa's favorite word haha!) could have pulled this off without help.
I honestly think there was multiple people who helped with the cover up. JMOO though.

I'm going back and listening to all of the UandV podcasts and can I just say I love PL grandmother! :happydance:She's adorable!
Writing down questions as I go to see what new pops out to me since the arrests. Like evidence that still needs answers to.
Very interesting listening to them all again!
Can I say that I sure hope Payne takes on JonBenet's case! Just a wish of mine!

I cannot find the recent case evidence anywhere. On the home screen of UandV is #13. :(

I'm going back and listening to all of the UandV podcasts and can I just say I love PL grandmother! :happydance:She's adorable!
Writing down questions as I go to see what new pops out to me since the arrests. Like evidence that still needs answers to.
I have been marathoning this podcast, (first time listen) to get up to speed on this case. I love his grandmother too!

I think I am going back to listen to it again too, i know there are things I missed or forgot..............BUT OH YEAH, that wuold be awesome, you know it'll be a case like that just like Tara's, IM also anxious for more info on the dermonds of Lake Oconee!~ They all deserve it but lil Jon Benet, yes

I agree with the lawyer but not for the same reasons. I don't think there will be a trial because I don't think RD will live much longer due to his health. BD will walk with probation. Disgusting. Where is the justice in that?? :banghead:
I wish there was someway to find a witness to them both talking about it and take all the deals off the table. Probably too late for that now though.
RD just needs to tell the story and spend what's left of his life in prison.
Tell everyone who was involved in any aspect of it. Let them suffer the consequences too.
RD is dying. What does he have to lose? If he wants to clear his conscience before meeting his maker.... he needs to spill it all.
He probably has enough secrets on BD for him to go to jail for life too. Like maybe he was actually THERE and participated in it all.
The hell if I'd take the fall for everyone else. RD gains nothing from it by doing so.
I think he's so messed up from all the drug use and alcohol abuse that his brain is swiss cheese and he thinks he's somehow "saving his buddies".
Screw his buddies if they are willing to let him take the rap for it. They aren't his buddies.
I stillllllll think there are many many more involved in this. From committing the actual crime to covering it up to keeping the secret all these years.
If I was him (and I'd NEVER do something like this to begin with!) I'd sell everyone down the river. If someone retaliated and killed me.. oh well I was dying anyway... so they are just helping death come faster. RD has NOTHING to lose by telling everything now. They shouldn't have allowed BD to make a deal. He will be the only one right now to ever really serve enough time to even scratch the surface of "justice".
This is just a pile of horse crap. :gaah:
And there is still no body! Right?? So in my eyes BD hasn't held up his end of the deal. I'd need ALL the answers.
Seeing him walk out of jail in his suit and climb in the truck free on bail just made me want to break my computer.
UGH.
@dancinunderthemoon YES! I want answers to that crime too as well as Emily Drury and Rhonda Sue Coleman. Small towns holding onto their secrets. Enough is enough. Give these families peace.

PositiveLight, I try to catch up on this case every couple days but feel I have missed A LOT! What is wrong with RD's health? I need to go back and read this thread from the beginning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PositiveLight, I try to catch up on this case every couple days but feel I have missed A LOT! What is wrong with RD's health? I need to go back and read this thread from the beginning.

Me too. I haven't read from the beginning, but usually the podcasts are faster than wading through all the threads. At least this way I will know who is who when I get to the reading homework. [emoji222]

What a great podcast! I learned a lot about Georgia law! Great guests too! 😊

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

He's in kidney failure or liver failure or something from what I would imagine was too much alcohol and drugs. Supposedly there was an overdose at one point too. That alone could cause the failures. I'm trying to find you a link to more info. Anyone else have more info on his health status? or a good link to his health info?
Anyway he's not doing very good. I want to say he is/was on dialysis too? JMOO I will search for better info for you!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back