GA - Theresa Parker, 41, Lafayette, 21 March 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife is missing husband went fishing... does this have a familiar ring to it or what?

My feeling is that the wife is very responsible and would not disappear from her job unless she had no choice. Plus, if she was going to disappear for a short period of time I'll bet she would have confided in someone that way avoiding the time and expense of searches. She knows just what those canine searches, overtime shifts would cost to help find someone. No, I doubt she would put her colleagues through this worry or expense. Something more is going on here.
I wonder if they each had a lawyer or they were doing this amicably and trying to avoid expenses.

ITA, Wicket. I have been searching online web pages and no new news but it is only 8:30 AM. LE quit searching last night so I imagine they are just starting up again. Will keep checking.

FNC to cover this in a few. I'll try hard to pay attention. Said something about the search taking a new direction.

LE saying that this is still a missing person case. There is no evidence that there is foul play. Continuing to search the area and caves??

Former FBI Gavin is saying they are checking credit cards, cell phone. Looking to see if she has a passport. Possibly doing a psychological profile. They will continue to look at husband with kid gloves. The GBI is taking control of the investigation because she worked as a 911 operator and had a working relationship with all the area LE. This is totally out of character for her not to show up for work without notifiying them.

That was about all.

The latest here:
Police are "scaling back" the search and have closed the command center at a local church. Her mother filed a missing person's report last Saturday-the husband claims she had reservations for 2 at a hotel in Gatlinburg and was headed there with a coworker. Not sure if he is trying to throw the search off or what.

The latest here:
Police are "scaling back" the search and have closed the command center at a local church. Her mother filed a missing person's report last Saturday-the husband claims she had reservations for 2 at a hotel in Gatlinburg and was headed there with a coworker. Not sure if he is trying to throw the search off or what.
He's just now saying this?? If so what a maroon. If not and he said this earlier this woulda been checked out and results if any already known.

I can't see the husband not sharing that information from the beginning if it were the truth. As a LEO himself, I can't see him letting the investigation go this far if he believed she went on a trip with a co-worker.

I too live close to where this happening.I live in Walker County,GA this is not sounding good and I had some of the same thoughts as others on here about the husband after watching the news.I sincerely hope I am wrong and she turns up safe.The news tonight said there was nothing new to report.

I too live close to where this happening.I live in Walker County,GA this is not sounding good and I had some of the same thoughts as others on here about the husband after watching the news.I sincerely hope I am wrong and she turns up safe.The news tonight said there was nothing new to report.

Thanks for the info. I have been searching online and haven't found a thing. Nothing at all about this in the metro Atlanta online paper. Please keep us informed!!!

Dude, we're practically neighbors, then.

I was trying to remember...is Noble in Walker or Catoosa County? It just seems like Walker gets way more than its fair share of bad "stuff", kwim? Seems like a few years ago there was a body found on Lookout that was something like 2 feet out of Dade into Walker, so Walker got to deal with that too.

It sounds like things are getting to hot for comfort for the husband and he is trying to come up with info now that he didn't have earlier. If she was moving things from the house to her new apt why would she decide to go stay at a motel with a friend for a couple nights? Sounds like she was using her time off to get moved.

This husband did something to his wife and because he is a cop he thinks he has covered all of his bases and won't get caught. He probably wanted LE to stop searching where they were searching and that is why he told them that story. He succeeded...the stopped searching. I would suggest that they get back out there and complete the search. They will probably find the wife there somewhere. With a history of domestic violence and a divorce happening why would LE believe anything the husband tells them?

The search continues in North Georgia for a missing woman.

The number of people looking for a missing 9-1-1 operator in Walker County, Georgia, is smaller in number. However, they're looking into very specific leads.

a tad more at link
http://www.newschannel9.com/onset?id=10923&template=article.html&dateformat=%M+%e,%Y

Apparently there was a "mutual restraining order" in a divorce filing in 2004?? Sounds like they have gone down this road of separation/divorce before. They are using helicopters in the area.

A group of Christian emergency workers has invited the community to pray Thursday (March 29) for missing 911 dispatcher Theresa Parker.

Dallas Patrick and Kevin Amick, who both work on ambulances in the region, launched the Christian group in February, Patrick said. The goal is to change the public perception of the rough and rowdy emergency workers.

The group is meeting at the covered picnic area behind the Walker County Civic Center at 7 p.m. Patrick suggested people bring a sack dinner along with them for fellowship and prayer for the missing woman.

a little more at link
http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_...&pnpID=730&NewsID=794294&CategoryID=3511&on=1

Wow, Chico, you are finding more than I. I wish we had someone local who could give us the scoop as to the nitty gritty going on. The way the emergency workers are talking it sounds like they are looking for a body.

They are saying nothing new locally either-the last I heard about her was on last nights 11 o'clock news. But I think everyone here is convinced the husband has done something to her.

Shannon

Authorities are now searching for missing 911 dispatcher Theresa Parker behind closed doors, Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson said Thursday morning.

~snip~

Investigators said they used a global positioning satellite to locate Parker’s cell phone and know the last number dialed, but have not released that information.

~snip~

Officers on Thursday are continuing the work of piecing together the series of events surrounding her disappearance and interviewing people close to Parker.

http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_...&pnpID=730&NewsID=794106&CategoryID=3511&on=1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela