GA - Theresa Parker, 41, Lafayette, 21 March 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an incident a couple of years ago in Florida where authorities were called due to an argument he and Theresa were having. This happened in the state of Florida; Apparently they were at a rest. arguing when the owner called authorities and Sam Parker had his gun on him and fired a shot through the window. No one was hurt, but he was ordered to a psych. evaluation which was 10-14 days (in FL), and put on probation for two years. Remember this happened in FL, so once back in GA, his life resumed as normal.

It is my understanding that police officers are required to report any arrest to thier supervisor regardless of what jurisdiction it occured in. I know that I've seen an officer in the department my husband works in who lost his job for failure to report being arrested for DUI in another city.

Also, doesn't it stand to reason that since his wife, a dispatcher for the same jurisdiction , was present and reportedly "feared for her life" and told her family about it, there is almost no way the rest of the department was not aware? Where did they think Sam was while he was in a mental institution for two weeks?

Susan

It is my understanding that police officers are required to report any arrest to thier supervisor regardless of what jurisdiction it occured in. I know that I've seen an officer in the department my husband works in who lost his job for failure to report being arrested for DUI in another city.

Also, doesn't it stand to reason that since his wife, a dispatcher for the same jurisdiction , was present and reportedly "feared for her life" and told her family about it, there is almost no way the rest of the department was not aware? Where did they think Sam was while he was in a mental institution for two weeks?

Susan

With this case so high profile there is no way local LE won't be questioned about what they did or did not know. It will be up to the citizens of Walker County to demand accountability as I am sure GBI will have plenty of info.

With this case so high profile there is no way local LE won't be questioned about what they did or did not know. It will be up to the citizens of Walker County to demand accountability as I am sure GBI will have plenty of info.
Yes indeedy. Let's hope LE comes forth and truthfully tells what they know. This brings to mind another GA. missing persons case, that of Tara Grinstead. I've never felt that local LE was honest in that investigation.
Prayers and well wishes to Theresa...may she be found soon.

My point about what the sheriff was speaking about was apparently lost. Sorry. I heard him speak (several times now) about the DV calls in his county. I've only heard mention of the gun shooting incident from reporters not the sheriff. I can see that. The 911 calls are documented under the sheriffs jurisdiction but to speak publically about personnel matters like the other crazy stunt usually isn't done and in this case I don't recall the sheriff discussing it. Just reporters and one of the sisters, Christina I think. That was all.

It's not lost on me that there is no LE speaking out for SP one way or the other. It would just be the wrong thing to do. No one has spoke up about what a great guy he is other than the fishing attorney buddy oh and his sister. In this case I don't think LE in the area would help SP in any way. This is one of their own that is missing. Why the heck he is still wearing a badge is beyond me as he certainly doesn't sound like he's mentally healthy.

last call made

quote:

“The reason we chose this area is because this is south of the Parker home and because the last cell phone call received was from the cell tower in this area,” said Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson. Sheriff Wilson said the cell phone transmission was made sometime after midnight on Thursday, March 22, but he declined to give any further details.

http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_...&pnpID=730&NewsID=795078&CategoryID=3511&on=1

last call made

quote:

“The reason we chose this area is because this is south of the Parker home and because the last cell phone call received was from the cell tower in this area,” said Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson. Sheriff Wilson said the cell phone transmission was made sometime after midnight on Thursday, March 22, but he declined to give any further details.

http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_...&pnpID=730&NewsID=795078&CategoryID=3511&on=1
TYVM! I recall Christina mentioning that Theresa was going to clean the new apartment and then return to the home around midnight. Sounds like she arrived home or at least in that area as she had planned.

last call made

quote:

Very interesting. The last transmission from her cell was after midnight, but so far no one has come forward saying they received that call.
I think we can assume that if it were a member of her family or friend they would have spoken up by now.
I'm thinking 911.

Susan

Very interesting. The last transmission from her cell was after midnight, but so far no one has come forward saying they received that call.
I think we can assume that if it were a member of her family or friend they would have spoken up by now.
I'm thinking 911.

Susan

I think the sheriff said the last phone call received not made. Did Sam call her from the house landline? Or his cell?

Hey Chico, thanks for the clarification. I did misunderstand your earlier post to be casting doubt on the veracity of the info about Sam's Florida troubles. I get it now! Your posts on this thread are very informative and helpful. Thanks!

I still believe that the cheif is minimizing the incidents which happened in his own jurisdiction. I just don't believe those calls were made just because of a verbal arguement, in part due to the behavior Sam apparently displayed toward Theresa in the past. What do you think?

Susan

Does anybody else wander about time? Sometime after midnight Thursday would be early hours Friday morning, or was it after midnight on Wednesday night?

I think the sheriff said the last phone call received not made. Did Sam call her from the house landline? Or his cell?

Good catch Concerned!

I went back to the transcript of the last NG interview. Here is what I found:
Nancy: What can you tell me, Sheriff, about her cell phone, her pocketbook, her credit cards?

WILSON: Well, the pocketbook and the cell phone have not been located. I wanted to clear that up. Some of the news agencies had reported the cell phone had been located. But what we have done is, we have -- with the technology that`s available today from the wireless providers, we have been able to track the actual cell phone to the last time it was used. And we have a general area that we`re going to be looking at tomorrow. We have a massive search that`s going to come under way tomorrow. We`re hoping that that search, which will cover approximately 40 square miles, will, you know, at least give us some hope, some leads to finding Theresa.

GRACE: You know, that`s an interesting question, Sheriff. With the process of triangulation, I thought you could pinpoint it down to a couple of blocks where the last call was made.

WILSON: Well, we -- the technology is there. I know that it is there, but in this particular -- with this service provider, in this area that we are looking at, we are being told that they can give us a general area but they cannot bring it down to that city block that we surely hoped for.

I bolded the relevant phrases, so he didn't correct her when she assumed a call was made, but you never know if he would want to correct her if it was confidential info. It still in not clear if he was referring in the other statement to a call that Theresa received or one that was received from Theresa's cell.

Susan

Hey Chico, thanks for the clarification. I did misunderstand your earlier post to be casting doubt on the veracity of the info about Sam's Florida troubles. I get it now! Your posts on this thread are very informative and helpful. Thanks!

I still believe that the cheif is minimizing the incidents which happened in his own jurisdiction. I just don't believe those calls were made just because of a verbal arguement, in part due to the behavior Sam apparently displayed toward Theresa in the past. What do you think?

Susan

I think if there were signs of physical abuse from a fight that the 911 calls woulda ended a different way. I just don't know. It coulda been verbal and destroying things but that could end the same way with no charges or anything. I'm not sure if the sister is referring to the "I thought I was gonna die" episode as the crazy man shooting incident. Sounds like it is though since the other 911 calls were in 2002 and 2004.

Does anybody else wander about time? Sometime after midnight Thursday would be early hours Friday morning, or was it after midnight on Wednesday night?

I immediately thought it was the midnight following Wednesday thus Thursday am. Could be wrong though. They are tight about that call. If it was the same "night" it would go along with what the sis said her plans were that Theresa planned to be home around midnight.

The call the sis received from the house landline?? I recall the sis mentioning that her caller ID showed the home phone and she knew it wasn't Theresa because Theresa was seen on her cell phone at the new apartment around 10:15 and Christina received that call around 10:44. Christina said there wasn't enough time for Theresa to get from the new apartment to the home in 30 minutes. Theresa had called Christina later that night but I'm not sure if that was the 10:15 call or not. SP denied making that 10:44 call to Christina when she asked him about it.

I immediately thought it was the midnight following Wednesday thus Thursday am. Could be wrong though. They are tight about that call. If it was the same "night" it would go along with what the sis said her plans were that Theresa planned to be home around midnight.

I think it was midnight following Wednesday too.

the walker county messenger has a sound off board where people post comments about the local issues. Read the local comments posted about the Parker investigation. Florida inciedent is mentioned from an employee who used to work for Walker county. http://www1.romenews-tribune.com/soundoff/blog/649/

I don't think I read down that far because I stopped when I saw the comment about SP abusing his first wife. I think we know how this is gonna end.
I feel so bad for her family and friends. This is just THE worst. SP is due back to work on Monday from his "vacation".

I just heard on FNC that the husband is now considered a person of interest. It was on the news break so more info hopefully will be forthcoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member