GA - Theresa Parker, 41, Lafayette, 21 March 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The sister of the policeman husband of a missing Walker County 911 dispatcher said he is being hounded about the case and asked for privacy.

Carolyn Wooten, sister of LaFayette Police Sgt. Sam Parker, held a press conference Friday afternoon on the steps of the Walker County Courthouse.

Among those at the press conference was a sister of Theresa Parker, who said the family has a number of concerns about Sgt. Parker.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_104574.asp

Apparently the search of his patrol car turned up no evidence.

This is just creepy.

I thought I just heard on fox...one of the missing womans friends says that Theresa was terrified of her husband and she thought she was going to die???

I thought I just heard on fox...one of the missing womans friends says that Theresa was terrified of her husband and she thought she was going to die???

That might have been her sister as I heard her say the same thing on Fox last night. Here's her comment in print from elsewhere..

But just minutes later Theresa's sister, Christina Hall, spoke to the media about the state of Sam and Theresa's marriage which, she said, included domestic abuse. "I know of an incident last year where she was really scared she was really afraid and she told me, she looked me in the eyes and told me she was afraid she was gonna die that night. And you know maybe I shouldn't be saying that but it's just the truth. You know and that's when she filed for divorce."
http://wdef.com/node/3752

Video of FNC update about the search.

Video: Search for 911 Dispatcher Widens

Sorry, the link won't go directly to the video but its under the latest news, second story down and it looks like the above link only blue.

Remember how we all said that if SP had kept his mouth shut and got his story straight he might have gotten away with it?

I'm getting worried.

From FNC:

228 people involved in the search. Calling for volunteers due to the large area to cover. Asking for those that are familiar with the area to join the search. The search continues and since its such a large area they will continue tomorrow. They will search until sundown tonight.

Remember how we all said that if SP had kept his mouth shut and got his story straight he might have gotten away with it?

I'm getting worried.

Yes. I sometimes wonder if there are those that have learned from SP mistakes. Can hardly believe we got the same initials in this case.

OH! FNC just said the dive team is there! Hopefully another update soon.

Christina Hall on the phone with Jamie at FNC. Asking what her thoughts are about SP being involved. She says she honestly feels he is involved its what she feels in her head and her heart. Says its scary to think that.
Yes, there were certain incidences she knew about and some she didn't know about in regards to domestic violence.
8 to 8:15 on Wednesday Theresa was with her sister and excited about her new apartment as it was only a few minutes away from her sis rather than the 30 minutes in LaFayette. Theresa told her she was shocked about how nice he was helping her get boxes and that everything was going to be ok, etc. Christina feels that was his way of getting Theresa to feel comfortable around him and let her guard down.
She woke up Friday morning with a bad feeling....that something bad had happened to her sister.

I don't think he'll get away with it Angel, too many red flags. One good thing is that the case has been removed from local jurisdiction due to him being local LE. I think he's already made what will turn out to be a very big mistake. In one of the reports (its in one of the links here), the sister Theresa was visiting on the Wednesday night she disappeared, reported that she received a phone call some time after 10:00 after Theresa had left. It sounds like she didn't actually answer the call as she has call display and could see it was from the home Theresa shared with her estranged husband. She knew it wasn't Theresa because she was over at her new place getting it ready - this has been verified by a neighbour who saw her at 10:15 and its a 30 minute drive from there. The husband wasn't actually living at the house but still had access.

Anyway, I asked others whether or not this call would have a record given that it wasn't actually answered and was likely a land line to land line call and it was pointed out to me that call display normally keeps a record for a period of time of "missed calls" so there should be proof. The sister said that she asked him if he called her house that night and he said no. I think he was looking to find out where Theresa was and was waiting at the house when she returned. I think record of this call will be important. (IMO)

I'm getting worried.

Active search continues. 168 volunteers, dive team and 5 dog teams searching. 75 square miles to search. Rugged terrain to search. They will meet again tomorrow morning and continue the search.

Hilda Wilson, Theresa's sister on site at search. She'd rather not speak about the family's feelings about the husband. Asked if she's noticed that he's been helpful with the search and if he seems distraught. She replies that she's had no contact with him and agrees that is odd that he hasn't been to any of these searches. He wasn't at the vigil and she is concerned.

From Trace Gallaghers report on FNC.

searching home again today for third time. This time authorities executed a search warrant. Mr. Parker had given them consent the first two times home was searched. Intresting article. http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_104652.asp

Ohhhh TYVM! They are now searching for things not in plain sight but for specific items.

The article mentions the dive teams searched a pond across the road from their home....wonder how far out of town they live? The clips shown on FNC doesn't show any neighbors within hollering distance.

FNC announcing the SW as I type.

eta a live report will be coming up on FNC

Investigators executed a third search warrant on Saturday at the home of LaFayette Police Sgt. Sam Parker as the search continued for his missing estranged wife.

The first two searches were by consent of Sgt. Parker, but officers went through the courts to obtain this warrant.

Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson said, "At about 5 p.m. Saturday, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation served a search warrant at 985 Cordell Avenue, LaFayette, at the marital residence of Sam and Theresa Parker.

"The basis for the search warrant was the development of leads and information obtained during the past seven days in the Theresa Parker missing person investigation.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_104652.asp

I am just so glad that Theresa's story was on the Fox website. They need to keep the heat on her husband - maybe he had help or wasn't even responsible but knows something. Could be he is nervous about ruining his career. I was very close to a person in LE and lots of information was free when sitting around just gabbing. All of a sudden the husband could claim his fishing buddy is now his lawyer so anything that was shared is private.

It seems as though there were no money problems regarding the husband so what reason other than control - the no one leaves me routine?

It seems as though there were no money problems regarding the husband so what reason other than control - the no one leaves me routine?

Does a husband who is a cop NEED any other motive than control?

I think he was probably outraged that she seemed to be looking forward to being rid of him. After all, who can have any respect for a grown man who handcuffs himself to you, pulls a gun and starts shooting? Loser alert!

This guy is unstable and should have lost his license as a peace officer with the first violent episode. His lawyer-buddy and the chief of police sabotauge thier own credibility every time they state that they don't believe the marraige had any violent episodes. Dude was comitted to a mental institution fer goodness sake!

I only recall the sheriff speaking about 911 calls his department responded to. I thought the crazyman shooting was some where else?

I only recall the sheriff speaking about 911 calls his department responded to. I thought the crazyman shooting was some where else?

I seem to remember it was in Florida. You would think that Florida LE would send a memo to Ga. LE about the incident. No reason Georgia/Walker County wouldn't be aware. Small towns, and Lafayette is a small town, always know everyone's business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela