DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still looking for:

Black Nextel flip phone

Large dark color shoulder bag, maroon or dark brown

Clothing, yellow blouse with mid length sleeves and white trim, blue jeans and brown leather sandals

Overnight bag

I think pictures of these items should be EVERYWHERE, posters, thrift shops, I wish I were close enough to help w/this.

I am going to google and see how many news stations picked up this story. See if any popular channels in the area didn't show it and email it to them. If it was only shown on 1 station, some residents may have missed this story all together.

Just popped in to see if anyone had posted our story yet. I see that it has been posted. I think this is a very wise move. Anyone know if these were the items of clothing she was wearing when she left her sister's home ?

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is asking for help in the Theresa Parker missing person investigation.

According to Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson, the GBI is asking property owners in Walker, Catoosa and Chattooga counties to inspect hand-dug wells, cisterns, mine shafts, caves, abandoned buildings and any natural or manmade earth openings on their properties.

Property owners who want to help but are unable to complete a thorough search of their property because of age, illness or a disability should call the Tip line at (706) 639-2255 for assistance.

http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_...&pnpID=730&NewsID=816661&CategoryID=3511&on=1

I am excited that they asked for help. This is a first as I know it. Maybe they are realizing that others could smoothe this along.Thanks, Chico for this importent info.

rd-

There is still something about that “last phone call” that has me curious.
I was not clear as to whether it was a tower ping, a sat ping, a call received or a call placed.

I went back to the Walker County Messenger and came up with these two important details. These articles were from March 29th and 31st. At that time, no foul play was being discussed.

The first quote as follows:

“The reason we chose this area is because this is south of the Parker home and because the last cell phone call received was from the cell tower in this area, Sheriff Wilson said. Sheriff Wilson said the cell phone transmission was made sometime after midnight on Thursday, March 22, but he declined to give any further details.”

“The last phone call received” would make me think someone called her.
“The cell phone transmission was made” makes me think she called someone.

Then in the next article the GBI investigator offered this:

“Investigators said they used a global positioning satellite to locate Parker’s cell phone and know the last number dialed, but have not released that information.”

Keeping that in mind, it has also been concluded by many that only the 911 calls from a cell phone are presently designed to enable the GPS location feature.

Therefore, if:
* A 911 call enables the GPS locator feature, and other calls do not
and if-
*Investigators used GPS to locate Parkers cell phone
and if-
*Investigators refered to the "last number dialed" (as in outbound)
and if-
*Wilson refered to "the last phone call received" and in the same breath refered to it as "the cell phone transmission was made" (Wilson has never liked talking about this particular call. Nancy Grace knows that too)
Then-
I can only confer, per the reports, that TP called 911. Was the call ignored? Was the call somehow misshandled? Is this why LE seems to be so touchy with info having to do with that call? Did SP get a 2 day head start by design, accident or luck?

Because, It was 2 days later when TP's mom called the Sheriff to report her missing. 911 hangups are routinely investigated.

See what Im saying? Otoh

TT

TT - I definitely see what you're saying.....maybe you're right and that is why they are so reluctant to talk about that call because they know now they made a mistake and let that call go ignored....I surely hope not....but on the other hand IF that was the case and she called 911 and GPS was actually used then they say that GPS could pinpoint the area to within a couple of feet but they are still saying they can only track it down to a 40-mile radius. That makes me think that maybe they just misspoke in the article and that actual GPS technology wasn't used but another similar way to track phone locations like by towers, etc., and they just lumped it in as GPS when in actuality it isn't?????? Who knows for sure w/o them releasing the details. That's good thinking though and is really something to think about............

I do see what you're saying, TT. Previously I had posted that for example my Motorola Razr on T-Mobile doesn't have GPS, but that the Razr on Alltel which covers Lafayette does. And since the sheriff was saying they had GPS info as to last location, I thought that explained it.

And then you bring up that many have concluded that only 911 would transmit the GPS info. That I had to look into.

What I found is incredibly complicated.

It is made even more difficult when we take into account that anything said by law enforcement may be deliberately or unintentionally misleading, and that is just with the little information that is released.

But let's narrow the issues down a little.

The statement from the sheriff on Nancy Grace reporting that the carrier could only narrow down a call in that area to 40 square miles I took as the carrier not storing the call tower used in transmissions in that area.

Another statement also referred to the last call received sometime after midnight in that area. And so initial searches were to cover those 40 square miles.

Then later the sheriff referred to a location identified with GPS information which was searched, and finally investigators release the info that the cell phone is a Nextel.

There are two aspects of this that need to be known to understand - one is Assisted GPS used by Nextel and the other is GPS privacy settings on the cell phone.

The way that Assisted GPS location identification works is that the cell tower sends some tower GPS location info to the cell phone at the start of a call, the cell phone takes a reading (or uses last good reading if necessary) using that info, and sends the info back to tower and on through the network where it is stored with call information.

The significance of this is that the GPS info from the tower with a call is required for the cell phone to get a reading of its location, but even then it doesn't compute it, it just sends the reading back based on the GPS privacy setting the user has set on their cell phone.

If the privacy setting is E911 only, then the cell phone GPS reading is only sent on 911 calls. if the privacy setting is Enable location, then the GPS reading is sent on all calls.

My interpretation is that the carrier gave the sheriff the initial information that it does not store cell tower id info in that area not only for pings but even for calls.

But based on type of phone and privacy setting, they found that an unanswered call was made to Theresa's cell phone after midnight which prompted Theresa's cell phone to return a GPS reading.

However, if her cell phone privacy setting was E911 only, then a 911 call would have had to have been made to get that GPS reading.

My guess is that given Theresa's job and her fear for her safety, she would had her privacy setting set to transmit location on all calls.

Anything else would be even more difficult to explain.

rd

Gagal-

As we have learned, and as rd has described, the GPS cell phone topic can be a little confusing to the layman. I will admit that my “self-study google crash course” has left me with just enough information to be dangerous. However, I have never had a reason to study GPS location theory as it applies to the state of the art cell phone and the GBI investigators have.

That particular part of the initial investigation would have involved the Expert Assistance of the Cell Carriers’ Technical Staff, and with that meeting, I would hope the entire situation would be crystal clear to those in charge... I’ll give the Sheriff the “benefit of misunderstanding” for now and find another something to yak about, but– it will be interesting to see one day.

Switching gears for a moment, I have a question for rd. Incidently, if anyone is unfamiliar with rd’s work, do yourself a favor and check out this masterpiece of investigatory journalism.

http://www.justiceforchandra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2562

This man is not your average armchair sleuth! His attention to detail is absolutely brilliant.

Anyway,

rd- my question involves something a blogger from the local Walker County scene has brought up several times. I want try to cover all the details of his theory here, Im just looking for generalities within the scope of a silent (or not so silent) X, person of interests', profile.

In the interview Sam Parker shared with the Fox Atlanta Video Journalist, he used several not so common references and descriptives within the context of his dialogue. For instance, Sam said he had been “WACO-ed and RUBY-Ridged.” He said he had been “canned” and “railroaded”.
I simply figured Sam was referring to the now infamous events at Mt. Carmel and The WEAVER cabin in Idaho where the FBI seemingly violated the constitution and killed US citizens without good cause.

The “Local Walker County Blogger” LWCB I am referring to looked further into the references. After a face to face meeting with Theresa’s mother one afternoon, LWCB discovered a connection between TPs maiden lineage and the American Indian. He then found sites within Walker County GA with names such as MT. CARMEL and RUBY something or another. He did some very interesting historical research involving names and places of this region and was able to draw many odd connections between Sam’s particular choice of words and some of the local historical landmarks such as old indian burial sites etc.

Do you think SP may be speaking clues of symbolism and reference? Is that common among S-X types? Having seen the SP interview, did you find him likely to be doing so? Disregarding the S-X profile, what are the chances?

Of course there is no way to know for sure... Im looking for your intuitive response.

I casually know SP from seeing him around town for years, but I couldn’t say I know him as a friend. However, some of my friends are friends with him. They tell me SP was a history buff of sorts and very learned and informed with regard to local historical events. He is not the bumbling fool depicted in his world wide video debut...

OnTHEotherHAND...

Thanks for those words, otoh. I would say the number one factor in the detail of my work is all the detail internet sleuths bring up!

I listened to that video a few times, I remember we discussed it at the time. It was clear to me that he chose Fox because of Fox's audience, and that his goal was portray himself as a victim that Fox's core audience identifies with, that being Waco and Ruby Ridge.

Canned and railroaded are also just standard terminology for the man being out to get you.

I guess another way to put it is, had Theresa not had any Indian ancestry, the message still has the same meaning. That's an innovative take from that blogger, but I don't see any hidden cultural or historical meaning here, just that the oppressive jack boots are railroading him, a plea for moral support from likeminded people.

What he really doesn't understand, besides that everyone thinks he's nuts, is that that core audience he's trying to appeal to clearly understands that when Theresa disappeared, he was the jackbooted she was running from.

There must be some kind of disassociation these guys do that allows them to lie like they do and see themselves as victims. Witness Jessie Davis' ex, also a cop, just in the past few days. The guy was actually complaining to the press about being treated as a suspect!

He was a lot more subtle about it, but it was the same message.

rd

I really wish that LE would break this case. I wish they would find Theresa but the longer time goes by the less chance there is I would think. Sam Parker had loads of time to take her somewhere far away. I do wonder if he didn't use her car to get rid of her. I wonder what the time span was when the cop saw Theresa's car gone and Sam's truck there and then her car back and his truck gone. Of course we don't know what time Sam took her car. It could have been hours before the cop noticed it was gone. But I do think that he said that he drove by the house every hour or two. Anyone remember?

LE in this case need to take a lesson from the investigators and DA in Jesse Davis' case and get off their butts to bring her killer to justice. sounds like they're too busy "passing the buck" to finally make an arrest.

Susan

well, here's one lesson. Yes, there is a need to start searching outward from the missing woman's home, but there is even more need to search outlying areas. Improbable to impossible to do? Possibly, but that's what the ex counts on.

What makes the situation worse with Theresa is that she was likely moved again Thursday after 3 pm. I never would expect the ex to leave her off the road between her house and his parent's house where he was staying. He might as well have left a confession note with her. It just isn't going to happen.

On the other hand, there was the GPS reading from her cell phone. It was there, it isn't now.

That was a good enough place for a silent ex to leave her in the wee hours of Wednesday night, but the next day he raced to the house after fishing to "discover" she was gone. The missing cell phone and overnight bag said she was gone, even though her car was there.

So what does he do at 3 pm on Thursday? Call anyone about her being missing? No. How about going to move her to some location that points to some other guy, not him.

As I've posted before, she likely is up north where if she is found he can point to the "other guy" as the culprit.

There is a large national forest to drive through just before Rossville, and at least one big lake outside of Lafayette on the way there.

I would not limit where she could be based on the hours of Wednesday night before his morning fishing trip. I think the GPS said what he did then.

I think the question is, what did he Thursday afternoon when he got back from fishing?

rd

rd-

So if I hear you correctly, you don’t think SP would have laced his interview with symbolic reference points or clues...

You mentioned again the Queen City Lake located on the Northern section of LaFayette as well as the National Park at Chickamauga. I live 3 miles from the lake and about 10 miles from the Park. Those are the very last places I would go around here to not be seen. The lake is bordered with houses and roads. There are no boats allowed after dark. I seldom even see a boat on that lake during the day. The lake was scooped out like a bowl before it was impounded. No trees, stumps or cover. The banks are fairly shallow and when the water is down, a lot of extra shoreline is created. One of the homes on the lake however, belongs to Dr. Shaw. Shaw is Sams personal physician and is the Dr. Sam went home with after his suicide threat...

The National Park, though fairly vast, involves a lot of huge open fields. Visitors from all over the world come to see the site of one of the bloodiest battles of the Civil War. Bike trails, 30mph speed limits and plenty of national forest rangers watch the place like a hawk. Boy Scouts, Civil War Buffs, and private homes surround the whole place. The deer roam in the roadways and if you even stomp your foot at one of them you’re liable to be spotted by a ranger in camo.

The Kensington Area west of Lafayette is way more likely. Rumor is LE is interested in that location today. There is a huge latex manufacturing plant in Kensington. You drive for a while, seemingly far from civilization and come around a narrow curve to see what appears like a huge city. Barrels and barrels and barrels of toxic waste. That made me think of “canned and railroaded”... Drop your package into a 55 gallon drum, place it along with a million more just like it to be loaded on the freight train headed for the ocean... Or to be buried in a landfill measuring 5 square miles, 1/4 of a mile deep...

Otoh.

OTOH - that's definitely a thought. I hope you never find out who I am and decide to get rid of me because you come up w/ some ideas........I hope it isn't anything like that because I want her to be found so bad. This is just eating at me.....I know I'm not the only one it bothers but it is just consuming me. All we can do is just keep praying that he isn't as smart as he thinks he is and she will be found soon.

Yeah, that sounded just a little too effective for my taste.

The lake and park are just suggestions. It's a matter of checking the bridges over the lake, it looked like a couple on the map. If the water is shallow, then that wouldn't be likely, but as far as national parks being busy, Chandra wasn't found in Rock Creek Park in DC for a year. How long would it have taken to find Jessie Davis in a section of Cayahoga Park that had its own name? Not anytime soon.

There's a limit to how much risk an ex can take in making his significant other disappear. It won't be close, but it probably will be within half a tank of gas so as not to have to stop and leave an eyewitness and a transaction.

There's the risk of being spotted by someone you know on the way. My thought was that he used her SUV for a number of reasons, as long as he was not personally recognized doing so.

He may have not known where she moved. but he probably knew the general area, and my thoughts are that he will want her associated with her new life and new home if she is ever found, in other words somewhere between her home and her new apartment, not somewhere between her home and his parent's house where he was staying.

Does it have to be right off the main highway there? No, and I'm glad that the police are looking elsewhere as you mention. Because that's probably where they'll find Theresa, as we hope they do.

rd

GaGal- You never have to worry about this ole boy. I was spun from different cloth than the man who could raise a hand to harm a woman. My dad was a city cop and retired after 35 years on the street. He and my mother just celebrated their 50th anniversary. Not once have I ever seen my dad do anything less than what one would expect of a true gentleman. I told him this past fathers day how much I have grown to appreciate him, particularly in light of all the bad cop news these days. I was up and out of the house before I realized Domestic Violence even occurred.

I think many of those behaviors are learned from the beginning, in the home, as an infant, in the background... I feel fortunate to have never been exposed to DV of any sort and it really stretches my imagination to think of harming a lady, much less the very woman I so dearly love... The mother of my children- it's beyond me how a man could go there, but I know there must be reasons... Before something can be fixed I always look for the reason it was broken in the first place... What a sad reality.

OtOh

I am afraid this case is going cold just like Tara Grinstead's. I would hope some locals would invite TexasEquiSearch just like they did for Jessie Davis. It caused some people to sweat and give up more info. I truly respect GBI but their methods are very slow.

OTOH - I believe you; you seem like a genuine person. I too was fortunate to have parents that are still married and were a good example; my daddy was the best man I've ever known and never once put his hands on my mother. I credit their example and their love with getting me out of the situation I found myself in when I was a teenager with an abusive boyfriend. They taught me that love and respect go hand in hand in a relationship and now I have that with my husband, :)

Concerned - we posted the equuisearch page on the blog so that Theresa's family could see it because when I went to the website they said a family member had to request them. I wish we could get them here. Do you know if they helped with the Tara Grinstead case?

OTOH - I believe you; you seem like a genuine person. I too was fortunate to have parents that are still married and were a good example; my daddy was the best man I've ever known and never once put his hands on my mother. I credit their example and their love with getting me out of the situation I found myself in when I was a teenager with an abusive boyfriend. They taught me that love and respect go hand in hand in a relationship and now I have that with my husband, :)

Concerned - we posted the equuisearch page on the blog so that Theresa's family could see it because when I went to the website they said a family member had to request them. I wish we could get them here. Do you know if they helped with the Tara Grinstead case?

Yes, gagal, they did. Back in November and December of 2005. They were supposed to go back but never did. That is a bit of a puzzle to some.

Hopefully, we can get them here. I'm gonna go back to the site and just see if there is a place you can email them and hopefully they will contact the sheriff's department or Theresa's family b/c I think they could be a big help.

OTOH - don't you wish that we could somehow let the ones on the Walker blog know about this site but only the ones that are really concerned about Theresa and are open to listening to all ideas, even those they don't agree with, without letting the ones who just want to argue and stir the pot and tell everyone how dumb and wrong they are if they don't agree with what they say. Nobody argues on this board or gets mad when others see things different; they simply tell their opinion and their thoughts and listen to other people with respect - that is so refreshing. I guess it's because on the local blog, you have some people who know certain people or are family and they are unwilling to look at things with a clear mind so no matter what the evidence says they are going to get defensive. I'm just glad I found this site and wish I could share it with the others but scared to do that for fear of bringing animosity to such an open place. I'm glad I found websleuths........

Hopefully, we can get them here. I'm gonna go back to the site and just see if there is a place you can email them and hopefully they will contact the sheriff's department or Theresa's family b/c I think they could be a big help.

OTOH - don't you wish that we could somehow let the ones on the Walker blog know about this site but only the ones that are really concerned about Theresa and are open to listening to all ideas, even those they don't agree with, without letting the ones who just want to argue and stir the pot and tell everyone how dumb and wrong they are if they don't agree with what they say. Nobody argues on this board or gets mad when others see things different; they simply tell their opinion and their thoughts and listen to other people with respect - that is so refreshing. I guess it's because on the local blog, you have some people who know certain people or are family and they are unwilling to look at things with a clear mind so no matter what the evidence says they are going to get defensive. I'm just glad I found this site and wish I could share it with the others but scared to do that for fear of bringing animosity to such an open place. I'm glad I found websleuths........

If I remember correctly the family has to contact them. They don't interfere without the request of the family. There is a phone number at the website that is answered direct into their office. Please let Theresa's family know about TES as they may be able to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member