GA - Troy Davis fails to prove his innocence to Supreme Court

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JesseRodriguez Jesse Rodriguez
NBC's Pete Williams: Supreme Court official says the court has not yet taken action on the request for a stay in the Troy Davis case
1 minute ago

It is a reprieve, not a stay. Could be minutes, could be hours. I can't take this. It is so stressful. I would have to imagine that he was already strapped to the gurney. If that is not cruel and unusual I don't know what is.

in my humble opinion they need to stay AND COMMUTE because this is a cruel thing to do to a person. this is nuts.

in my humble opinion they need to stay AND COMMUTE because this is a cruel thing to do to a person. this is nuts.

That's what I was thinking ... very cruel and inhumane punishment to be made to wait even longer!
Hopefully he took the sedative they offered!
:(

can you even imagine how he feels? this is horrible. better than dead at 7pm but this waiting! without knowing!

I have to believe the supreme court will do the right thing.

OMG... A stay? A reprieve? I want to stay glued to Internet via iPad but need to drive home in the rain from DDs swim practice. I'll be praying.

OMG she says they keep him on suicide watch, are they trying to kill people with irony?

AP The Associated Press
Georgia prison officials wait for U.S. Supreme Court decision on appeal, delaying execution of Troy Davis apne.ws/n1D3nN -CC
2 minutes ago

CBSNews CBS News
AP: Troy Davis' stay of execution request still pending before Supreme Court; prison officials waiting to move forward bit.ly/qgZRjy
10 minutes ago

OMGoodness,,Happy I didnt come back here to find the ultimate was done....however..there is still a holding of my breath :-(....This Supreme Court is State or SCOTUS??

I also heard he refused final meal...Suicide?? man oh man..why? Troy is fighting for his LIFE why would he kill himself now??..

Once again..guess still glued to this for another hour :-(

This is why I stopped my volunteer work 7 years ago. When my children were born it was too emotionally draining to do this every time there was a chance that an innocent would be executed. How Barry S and Peter N can do this all these years, all of these times, I don't know, but they are stronger than I am. Now I only volunteer on cases where the sentence has already been commuted. They get far less attention, but it is far less stressful. I feel so badly right now for the families of Officer MacPhail and Troy Davis right now.

OMGoodness,,Happy I didnt come back here to find the ultimate was done....however..there is still a holding of my breath :-(....This Supreme Court is State or SCOTUS??

I also heard he refused final meal...Suicide?? man oh man..why? Troy is fighting for his LIFE why would he kill himself now??..

Once again..guess still glued to this for another hour :-(

State Supreme Court already denied. This is SCOTUS. The final chance. This is it.

ETA: He always refuses the final meal. This is the fourth time. He says that he refuses the last meal because it WON'T be his last. But he won't commit suicide. They always put them on suicide watch so that they can do it themselves. But he has said that he is resolved to his fate if execution is what it is and he has given his life over to God. He only asks that people continue the fight after he is gone.

Is there more than one judge reviewing the case? I did hear his Honorable Clarence Thomas' name mentioned earlier.

Is there more than one judge reviewing the case? I did hear his Honorable Clarence Thomas' name mentioned earlier.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back