GA - Troy Davis fails to prove his innocence to Supreme Court

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm unable to sleep over this (it's almost 11pm here) even husband thinks this is a joke, he's pretty hard to convince of cops getting things wrong.

I'm really unhappy with my country this year. one travesty after another. sick.

(yes I am currently in the UK, yes I am in fact a US citizen)

I've got shaky hands and I aint the one waiting to die in an hour, at this point I hope for his sake that he is guilty because it doesnt look good right now :(

Are they making another appeal to the US supreme court? I haven't found any mention of one yet.

Ga supreme court unanimously denied the appeal.

SCOTUS is it. 1 hour left.

I just heard that the last hearing before the board was 3 FOR and 2 AGAINST..Yikes..In a jury trial it is always necessary for unanimous votes..but this final hearing was 3-2...Kinda makes me go hummmmm :maddening:

Sorry..but I do find that whenever any question is shown to be proveable....then DP should never happen..simply commute to LWOP..

I still scratch my head that evil sorts such as Charles Manson STILL remains alive after what we ALL know he did..NO question..but this man (tho not perfect) will be killed!!...Yikes, I would not agree to be the one to put that needle in him :sick:

Personally, I don't believe in the death penalty, never have. BUT, when you have 51 members of congress, the vatican and Jimmy Carter questioning to guilt of this man and NO new trial is offered? C'mon!

Why hasn't the innocence project worked on this? Or have they?

Yes, the Innocence Project has indeed worked on this case for a long time.

45 more minutes.

The only way I am going to be able to sleep tonight is in the knowledge that the 3 men that I know in my state who had their sentenced commuted due to evidence of innocence have told me, on their own, without talking to the others, that life in prison is so bad that had they known then that they would still be sitting there now they would have refused the deal and been executed.

It is a sad day for justice when procedural rules allow things to happen when guilt is in doubt at all.

I think I am going to throw up.

when should the supreme court decide? this is disgusting to make him wait like this either way.

and the West Memphis Three are free . . . not to stir a t*rd, but this is another case I am catching up on & am FLOORED at the misuse of justice !!! But what do I know

Sorry..but I commited to staying here until 7PM...and will not breathe until I know whether or not Troy is spared or sent over to the other side...Many dont believe..but IF he was indeed guilty his soul will suffer that ultimate judgement in a much higher court....and IF he was innocent he will be received and healed from his sufferings....I guess I am just relying on my faith with less than 30 minutes left in his life to reflect..

Please dont bash me for my way of dealing with this possible murder.....I just wish we (humans) could do better...TYIA

cruel punishment?

in my opinion it is. this isnt even the first time he's gotten a stay late in the day (if he gets another today) and to do that more than once with all this doubt is pretty much cruel & unusual punisment.

Hoping my fellow Catholics on the high Court pay attention to what the church has taught about the immorality of the death penalty. I have grave doubts about Scalia and Thomas, but high hopes for Sotomayor, maybe Kennedy. Hard to read Roberts and Alito.

Hard to see which way it could go... I know religion isn't an issue, or shouldn't be, in court, but I always hope on this issue that their consciences come into play....

I'm sick to my stomach. At swim practice with DD and just watching the clock tick closer to seven... Just feel nauseous.

thinkprogress ThinkProgress
6 retired Georgia corrections officials urged prison employees not to participate in Davis' execution thkpr.gs/o6YmkA #toomuchdoubt
1 minute ago

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back