GA GA - Union City, WhtFem 107UFGA, 16-30, silver mother's ring, Mar'92

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
March, July, September, October....

The reason I picked July is because there seems to be a blue/red to the stone rather than the kind of brown/red of a garnet for January. JMO. I looked at simulated and real stones online...fwiw.

She had dental work done beyond fillings, she maybe had 4 children....it sure seems someone should be looking for her.

And if she was closer to 16, well maybe the ring was her mothers.

Could they tell if she ever had a child?

She had dental work done beyond fillings, she maybe had 4 children....it sure seems someone should be looking for her.

And if she was closer to 16, well maybe the ring was her mothers.

I assume that with the partial weathered skeleton, they weren't able to tell whether she had had children. Otherwise you'd think they'd mention it. Sixteen's a bit young to have four children, but not impossible, and if it's as suggested above, two children plus her and the father, it's even likely.

But yes, entirely possible it was her mother's ring.

In my ring.The two stones for march look almost clear.But yes aquamarine.

March is my birth month, so I tend to recognize them. I hadn't really looked at the ring before you pointed this out. It could also be a blue topaz for March, but I don't think these are real stones. The edges have a roundness that make me think glass, but on the other hand it's not a cheap ring. Real silver, with four stones and end pieces that look like they can be adjusted to add more stones. The photo posted on Namus is clearer: https://identifyus.org/en/medias/full/553

Ok,This is what I'm thinking so far.My thoughts can change as I look into her more and learn new information.Right now I am thinking she was near 20 years old when she died(possibly in 1989 or 1990) The birth ring is for all her children(possibly 4 children)She had her children very close together.One right after the other.I'm thinking she was a missing person?Runaway or possibly left willingly with someone,maybe maybe not already pregnant.Possibly with an older man(how old I'm not sure)old enough to take care of her.She possibly(broad range)left around 1981-1986 probably between the years 1982-1985. Around 15 years old.

Is there any more information out there on her?newspaper articles?Anything.

Here's one possibility.Somethings match,Somethings don't match on Emma Lorene Vaughn.Was she ruled out?It does say Emma has DNA on her.But was it checked with this Jane Doe?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/689dffl.html

Emma Vaughn is not on the UID's ruleouts list (https://identifyus.org/cases/708) and she looks like a very good candidate. While her last seen date is 1982, it seems fairly clear that she was alive for some time after that, and we know she had at least one child. She'd have been around 22-24 when the UID died, which is well within range and plenty of time to have three more children. She resembles the UID.

I haven't researched her to know whether there's more information. Google, maybe?

I thought I'd found her -- a woman with four children missing in Louisiana, right age and size, strong facial resemblance. Unfortunately I had the dates turned around; she went missing a year after the UID was found...Sigh.

The only missing woman I could find who fits the parameters is Julie Johnson, missing March 1991 from Kokomo, Indiana. https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/10654

Pluses: she has four kids; there is a facial resemblance. Minuses: 5'3" where the UID is estimated 5'6"-5'10"; Kokomo is a long way from Fulton County.

What do you think?

Attachments

• namus708 fulton city JD with Julie Johnson.jpg
    namus708 fulton city JD with Julie Johnson.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 52
Hello all.

Two things:

1. I am in contact with Orland PD regarding comparison of missing Emma Lorene Vaughn (MP 7091) to our UP 708. Nothing to rule it out yet.

2. I have contacted Howard County (IN) Sheriff's Department regarding missing Julie Dalton Johnson for comparison to our UP 708. Unless they have obtained DNA from her children or othe suitable relatives, there is nothing to compare. We will see where that goes.

Tami J. Sedivy-Schroder, Senior Investigator
Fulton County Medical Examiner
Atlanta, GA

Hello all.

Two things:

1. I am in contact with Orland PD regarding comparison of missing Emma Lorene Vaughn (MP 7091) to our UP 708. Nothing to rule it out yet.

2. I have contacted Howard County (IN) Sheriff's Department regarding missing Julie Dalton Johnson for comparison to our UP 708. Unless they have obtained DNA from her children or othe suitable relatives, there is nothing to compare. We will see where that goes.

Atlanta, GA

Thanks :) Looking at the entries for Johnson, I was afraid there wasn't much to go on...

Hello all.

Two things:

Atlanta, GA

One name that isn't on the list is Laura Anne Hook

hook_laura.jpg
1992FultonGeorgia.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hook_laura.html

The time frame is a bit tight, but nearly two months is probably enough time to skeletonize.

Tami:

I see that Laura Anne Hook is still not listed on the NamUs rule-out list.

She is the right height and age. The timeframe might be too tight if you are sure that the postmortem interval of years (as indicated in NamUs) is correct.

Do you suppose that she might be worth a look? - or is the month-and-a-half timeframe too tight?

The state of the remains definitely indicates more than a couple of months. Ms. Hook is not a possibility.

Tami

Tami,

Have you looked into Beatrice Coleman? She is listed on Charley Project as being 6'0. She went missing between May and Nov 1991 from Memphis TN.

Here is her Charley Page http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/coleman_beatrice.html

Here is her NamUs page. https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/115/0/

In her NamUs profile, it states that they have DNA available, but no dentals.
Side by side:
107UFGA.jpg coleman_beatrice.jpg

Also in NamUs it says that the UID's front teeth top and bottom were a postmortem loss, with an open socket. Could the drawing just be an estimation what the UID's would have looked like?

Indeed, as are all artist's reconstructions, this one is an estimation of what the woman MIGHT have looked like.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem
Back