GA GA - Union City, WhtFem 107UFGA, 16-30, silver mother's ring, Mar'92

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
On Namus the UID is listed as being between 16-30 yrs old. Janice is listed as being 32 when she went missing....

I see the Doe entry has also been updated with the older age range. In that case it's a reasonable match.

What about these gals? I can't find anything that says they were ever found. They aren't listed on Doenetwork or on the Charley Project. I found them looking through google newspaper archives. I am wondering if when Elizabeth Ann Shelton would have been 18 she was considered an adult and her missing persons report was considered "null" and her family never refiled them? Elizabeth's family or someone ran her missing persons' information in the Palm Beach Post quite often between February 1986 and May 1986. I have yet to find anything after that date. I am still researching it though. There is a photo of Elizabeth Ann Shelton included in the article, I have not found one of Gracie.

Elizabeth Ann SHELTON & Gracie MORRISON were last seen on February 2, 1986 in Winter Haven, Florida (Polk County)

May be in the vicinity of Atlanta, Georgia

Also, in her company was 19 - year - old Gracie Morrison.

I know the height is off a bit for Elizabeth. It lists her as being 5'3" and the UID shortest height listed is 5'6" but, I'm still going to allow for that.

I emailed Tommy Ray of the Polk County PD after checking to confirm that Elizabeth Anne Shelton and Gracie Morrison were not on the county's Cold Case Assessment Team site for missing persons.

http://www.coldcaseteam.com/html/missing.html

It's odd that no follow-up article was ever published with information about how the missing girls case was resolved and that there's little information about Gracie Morrison or even a photograph.

He emailed me back and said he will look into the status of the case.

Here is one not on the list as being "Ruled Out". There are some matching stats and similarities in appearance. Try to imagine the missing womans hair style on the Jane Doe...

Janet Rose Dolgae, Missing since October 1, 1989 from Cortland, Trumbull County, Ohio

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/dolgae_janet.html

1992FultonGeorgia.jpg
dolgae_janet2.jpg

Good find, Lil'E. The teeth are very close and UID's hair style would look almost exactly the same if it was brushed out and fluffed up for a photo.

Dolgae's other picture is pretty low quality, but it does show her ear. Here's a side by side, with Dolgae on the right. It looks *very* close to me.

Attachments

• fultonGAuidEar.jpg
    fultonGAuidEar.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 487
  • dolgae ear.jpg
    dolgae ear.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 487
Here they are side-by side, and similarly sized with Janet's photo rotated slightly so that you can drag them over one another for comparison.

2165324060045078242S600x600Q851_zpsf0d4ae4c.jpg

They overlay pretty well. Jane Doe's jaw goes outside of the lines of Janet's jaw, but that may be due to the artist's inaccurate estimation of tissue thickness. Their jaws angle in the same place. They also have similarly asymmetrical chins that are larger on the right than on the left.

Thanks, Carl.

In the blowup, those teeth look pretty darn close.

I found on another web forum links to stories regarding this same possible match. Janet's brother Jim/James posts on said forum ( Janet Dolgae Msg 10/1989 Trumbull County, Ohio - Help Find The Missing ). No word yet as to whether the doe actually is Janet, but his DNA has been submitted if I read correctly.

The Case That Fell Through The Cracks
http://www.vindy.com/news/2009/dec/06/case-fell-through-cracks/

Woman Missing 20 Years
http://www.tribtoday.com/page/content.detail/id/531908.html?nav=5021

Vask..thanks for the links!! Wow..even Janets brother thinks that it could be her! I read through all the links and the first one, page 6 post number 60, with the hair overlay is amazingly close. Of course on the reconstruction of the Doe, the artist would have no way of knowing how the hair was styled or if she plucked her brows.

My heart aches for her brother, it's unbelievable what families go through in these unfortunate instances. I hope he find peace and resolution very soon in his search for his sister.

I don't recall reading in the post in the first link if he had mentioned if she was a young mother? It would be interesting to find out since the Doe was found with a mothers ring.

Janet has been ruled out in this case (FCME 92-0582, NAMUS 708) by DNA comparison. In response to some earlier posts, there are family reference DNA samples now on file with the FBI lab. I also wanted to remind those concerned that there was no way to know whether or not our unidentified woman had large/small/attached/unattached ear lobes as the remains recovered were entirely skeletal. In addition, the mother's ring was found in association with the remains, not on a finger. Tami

Don't know if this would help with an idea, but the mothers ring got me thinking. Four colors-four children? Did any of the women above have four children? FWIW, the birth monthes for the ring would have bene the following:
Blue: March or September
Pink: October or possibly a light pink amethyst Feb
Red: January or July
Clear: April

Some new names in the rule out list: Penny Lease, Deborah Poe and Patricia Schmidt.

Interesting the jane does children would be all grown up assuming the mother's ring is her's. I wonder if the children are looking for her or have they been fobbed off somehow and are not looking for her?

I think the UID looks fairly similar to Terry Slaugenhoupt

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/slaugenhoupt_terry.html

The timing too would be almost exact. Terry went missing in January of 1991 and the UID was found in March of 1992 (almost exactly 15 months based on the dates in January and March)

Attachments

• slaugenhoupt_terry.jpg
    slaugenhoupt_terry.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 107UFGA.jpg
    107UFGA.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 22
I look for matches to this Jane Doe.It makes me very sad when I read she had a mothers ring on her.I have a mothers ring and it's the most prize possession I have.It's very special to me.I'm thinking it was to this young lady too.It could be her ring or her mothers ring.I also think she had 4 children.Maybe they were very young and were told their mother left them.I would like to help to keep this Jane doe bumped up too and find out who she is.

I have some clear stones in my ring that are not for any of my children.I have a ring with 10 stones.I have 7 children.

This is from the Doe network.I'm a little confused I'm looking at the ring and I don't see a clear stone.I have a two children born in March and it looks like a march stone.were there only 4 settings in her ring for stones?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/107ufga.html

Jewelry : The victim was wearing a size six, sterling silver "Mother's Ring" with blue, pink, red and clear stones

This is from the Doe network.I'm a little confused I'm looking at the ring and I don't see a clear stone.I have a two children born in March and it looks like a march stone.were there only 4 settings in her rings for stones?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/107ufga.html

Jewelry : The victim was wearing a size six, sterling silver "Mother's Ring" with blue, pink, red and clear stone

You're right, it looks like an aquamarine.

In my ring.The two stones for march look almost clear.But yes aquamarine.

I've heard of people getting their own birthstone, as well as their children's father's along with the kids.

So, it's feasible that 2 of the stones represent 2 children, and the other 2 her and her husband/boyfriend.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back