Identified! GA - Ware Co., BlkFem Child 15UFGA, 2-4, in cement-filled suitcase, Dec'88 - Kenyatta Odom

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I suspect this baby girl was from a cold climate ❤️. I’m looking at statistical maps about race and temperature to pinpoint a possible area of origin.

76FDA852-C7A7-4D05-972B-3ECEB6024539.jpeg
Based on her clothing (thermal) and race, I used geoegraphic skills to locate an area of origin. The light color represents the possible geographic origin.
This suggests that she was not native to georgia, but rather a Northern Region. High potentials of New York City, Kansas City, Detroit, and Mount Clemens.

As someone originally from Georgia, it actually gets surprisingly cold there. Not super cold, but not as warm as some people seem to think. With her PMI it was most likely she died around November, and tbh the flannel pajamas seem reasonable, especially with her age. She could have also been from a poor family and lived in a house that didn't have heating.

Her Doe Network page does mention a connection to NY, though. Does anyone know why that is?

As someone originally from Georgia, it actually gets surprisingly cold there. Not super cold, but not as warm as some people seem to think. With her PMI it was most likely she died around November, and tbh the flannel pajamas seem reasonable, especially with her age. She could have also been from a poor family and lived in a house that didn't have heating.

Her Doe Network page does mention a connection to NY, though. Does anyone know why that is?

^ This is true, it does get "damp cold" in the South over winter. The colloquial nickname for that is "pneumonia lung" weather.

The connection to NY might be some information that Law Enforcement doesn't want to share at this time.

15UFGA - Unidentified Female

Reconstructions by NCMEC; sketch and bust by Marla Lawson; additional sketch and reconstructed images of clothing.

Date of Discovery: December 21, 1988
Location of Discovery: Millwood, Ware County, Georgia
Estimated Date of Death: 1-2 months prior
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Cause of Death: Undetermined

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 3-4 years old
Race: Black
Height: 2'8" to 3'1
Weight: 23-27 lbs.
Hair Color: Black and curly, worn in a ponytail tied with a brown rubber band. Bright-colored bows also found in hair.
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Right ear, at least, was pierced. No earrings found with the remains.

Identifiers
Dentals: Not available. She had slight gaps between some of her baby teeth.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: White thermal pajama pants with maroon trim, a disposable diaper and and a white, knit pullover shirt with a red pony emblem in the upper left chest area.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: The child's body was wrapped in a brown baby blanket.

Circumstances of Discovery
A logging truck driver who stepped into the woods, near an isolated garbage dump in Ware County, Georgia, to relieve himself discovered the girl's body when he became curious about an old television console laying nearby. The console broke open when he kicked it over - revealing a black metal suitcase hidden inside. The body was placed in a gym bag, then in a cement-filled metal suitcase. The suitcase was wrapped with silver duct tape, encased in a plastic sheet and hidden inside the television console nailed shut with plywood.

An autopsy was inconclusive because of the decomposition of her body. Investigators also don't know if she might have been alive when sealed inside the suitcase.

Some speculated the child was Kimberly Janis Boyd, who disappeared from South Carolina alongside her mother and her mother's friend. Boyd was later excluded as a possible identity for the unidentified child.

A potential link to Albany, New York was discovered later in the investigation process. Authorities worked with a local television station in 2009 to put together a news story for the public, but were unsuccessful with finding any additional leads.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Ware County Coroner's Office
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 912-283-3030
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: Unknown

Agency Name: Ware County Sheriff’s Office
Agency Contact Person: Lieutenant Jody Ponsell
Agency Phone Number: 912-287-2479
Agency Case Number: Unknown

Agency Name: Georgia Bureau of Investigation
Agency Contact Person: Special Agent Dale Wiley
Agency Phone Number: 912-389-4103
Agency Case Number: 351

NCIC Case Number: U338979918
NamUs Case Number: 5288
NCMEC Case Number: 1123251

Information Source(s)
NamUs
11 Alive
Georgia Bureau of Investigation
NCMEC
Florida Times-Union
CNN iReport

Admin Notes
Added: Prior to 2011; Last Updated: 12/24/17

I'm wondering what the potential connection to Albany, New York may be and how did they determine that? If in fact she was from New York that might help narrow down an identity if she was ever reported missing.

Last edited:
The artist drawing is adorable, she looks like such a sweet little girl. I wish we had more recons that looked like that. It really humanises the victim. She was a real little girl. She probably had a favourite colour and a favourite animal. She smiled and laughed. She deserves her name back.

I doubt she was ever reported missing. It's likely her family was responsible. I hope she at least had some people who loved her.

I love the new style of forensic reconstructions. They do really portray the unidentified persons in a realistic light. Much more recognizable and relatable.

Clay reconstructions and the older stone-faced drawings were always hard to look at because they weren't very life-like. Very unsettling.

Adding reconstruction which was released in 2017

7T6LW4HX4BHNBCTOQ7XTBHPBAM.jpg

(click on image to enlarge)

Investigators hope someone will recognize this young 'Jane Doe'

Adding older article from Jan 2010 but with information which were not mentioned here previously. Some information bolded by me for importance or due to not being mentioned here before. Mind you they mention that she was found Dec 31 not Dec 21 , but it could also be just innocent typo of one number

GBI seeks ID of little girl's body

Information left by an anonymous tipster could be the key to identifying “Baby Jane Doe,” a 3-year-old girl whose body was found 21 years ago encased in concrete inside a footlocker and left in woods near Waycross. According to the tip, the little girl could have ties to Tifton.

According to GBI Special Agent Russell Mansfield of the agency’s Douglas office, someone used the GBI’s Web site to leave an anonymous tip that the girl’s name could be Bridget and that her family at one time lived in Tifton.
---
“We would definitely like for them to contact our office,” Mansfield said. “We don’t think the person who sent the e-mail had anything to do with it, but that they are afraid to be associated with the case for some reason. The person can remain confidential
---
It was Dec. 31, 1988 when loggers working in woods near Waycross stumbled across a television cabinet. Inside the empty cabinet was a black footlocker. When the loggers opened the locker, they found what they believed to be a small child’s hand sticking out of the foot locker that had been filled with concrete. An Albany Herald newspaper was also found near the body.

GBI seeks ID of little girl's body

And another details of the crime scene

The console broke open when he kicked it over - revealing a black metal suitcase hidden inside. The body was placed in a gym bag, then in a cement-filled metal suitcase. The suitcase was wrapped with silver duct tape, encased in a plastic sheet and hidden inside the television console nailed shut with plywood.

15UFGA

Poor girl.

I guess the newspaper probably explains their presumption of a connection to Albany, NY. I don’t know how easy one could have gotten their hands on it from Georgia. Thrift store suitcase maybe? The date on the paper would help with that. But Bridget from Tifton is rather specific.

I wonder what the Albany NY connection actually was. Isn't that where you send documentations and other paperwork to travel out of the country?

I know that could be super irrelevant, but I work at a vet (in NC) and that is where clients have to send their pet's health certificates to be certified for traveling abroad.

I really hope this Bridget tip leads to something! We have a name and location so crossing my fingers

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring
Back