Identified! GA - Ware Co., BlkFem Child 15UFGA, 2-4, in cement-filled suitcase, Dec'88 - Kenyatta Odom

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
baby jane doe and tv cabinet

Hearst OwnedGeorgia Bureau of Investigation
The body of "Baby Jane Doe" was found inside this discarded TV cabinet in 1988
Dec 29 2022
''More than three decades after a little girl's body was found dumped alongside a rural Ware County road, authorities are hoping to finally be able to identify her.

Known as "Baby Jane Doe," the girl's remains were found stuffed inside of an old television cabinet at an illegal dump site off of Duncan Bridge Road in Millwood on Dec. 21, 1988.''

''Agents were not able to determine a cause or manner of death.

An anonymous donor has offered a reward of $5,000 in the case for information that directly leads to positively identifying the child.

Anyone with information is asked to call the GBI Tip line at 1-800-597-8477.

Anonymous tips may also be submitted via the GBI website.''
A tip and reward approach? After over thirty years? I was hoping they were announcing they were doing genetic genealogy. I'm not saying this isn't a valid approach, but thirty years is a long time, and I hope this isn't their only strategy to solve this.

A tip and reward approach? After over thirty years? I was hoping they were announcing they were doing genetic genealogy. I'm not saying this isn't a valid approach, but thirty years is a long time, and I hope this isn't their only strategy to solve this.
I believe that the only way to solve this case is through genetic genealogy, I hope that Othram or Identifinders International can work on this case.

December 29, 2022 Updated 9:20PM
1672370127341.png

''Forensic experts believed the child died up to three months before she was found and was wrapped in several layers, investigators say.

Cold case investigators were hopeful when a forensic artist created the new images from a 3D scan of the victim’s skull five years ago. The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children created the new composite image of what the girl would have looked like.

Investigators believe she was an African American female between 3 and 4 years old when she died. She had pierced ears and was found wearing a diaper, size four white thermal pajama bottoms and a white knit pullover shirt with a red pony emblem on the upper left chest.

The young girl may have ties to the Albany area, some two hours west of Waycross.

Investigators say the past few years they have been trying to utilize new DNA testing technologies to try to get an identification without success.

Still, investigators hope a $5,000 reward, put up partially by a private donor, will help led to new tips.

Anyone with information should call the GBI at 1-800-597-8477 or the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at 1-800-843-5678.''

View attachment 390702

''Forensic experts believed the child died up to three months before she was found and was wrapped in several layers, investigators say.

Cold case investigators were hopeful when a forensic artist created the new images from a 3D scan of the victim’s skull five years ago. The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children created the new composite image of what the girl would have looked like.

Investigators believe she was an African American female between 3 and 4 years old when she died. She had pierced ears and was found wearing a diaper, size four white thermal pajama bottoms and a white knit pullover shirt with a red pony emblem on the upper left chest.

The young girl may have ties to the Albany area, some two hours west of Waycross.

Investigators say the past few years they have been trying to utilize new DNA testing technologies to try to get an identification without success.

Still, investigators hope a $5,000 reward, put up partially by a private donor, will help led to new tips.

Anyone with information should call the GBI at 1-800-597-8477 or the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at 1-800-843-5678.''
I wonder which DNA technologies. Because I know some places don't or won't work with private orgs for whatever reason, and if her bones are in bad shape, then they really need to be looking to folks who are getting results from degraded remains. PCR is amazing for creating enough copies for testing when you have a small sample, but it's not the only tool in the belt anymore.

View attachment 390702

This poor little baby girl :(

I think April Williams may be a possible match:

April Nicole Williams – The Charley Project

3054DFDC - April Nicole Williams

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Investigators believe that whoever kidnapped April probably wanted to raise her as their own daughter, perhaps the woman who kidnapped April kept her alive for 5 years until something happened and April ended up being killed?
Here is April Williams' thread:

I wonder if police took other things at the dump site into consideration. I can see part of the TV console in the picture, but what is the metal thing? That's not a suitcase.
What makes them think she came from Albany? Why wouldn't they share that? Im from that area. If they explain What makes them blv that ,I may say- oh that makes sense. We have a local company that does roadwork -blacktop /concrete etc or was it something she was wearing sold only in Albany? If they give us the information the details trigger ppl to think back- why is this so hard for LE? Ppl won't even try to think back to when they worked at the road place if they don't know to think about it or oh yea that shirt came from ____ in Albany. Somebody may remember an employee's kid dropping off the map or just some wild connection. If we are relying on memory alone- with a reward - they've got to be more helpful. If I post this on my page with Albany area locals ppl want to understand the connection before they'll even think back.
What do you all think?

I wonder if police took other things at the dump site into consideration. I can see part of the TV console in the picture, but what is the metal thing? That's not a suitcase.
What makes them think she came from Albany? Why wouldn't they share that? Im from that area. If they explain What makes them blv that ,I may say- oh that makes sense. We have a local company that does roadwork -blacktop /concrete etc or was it something she was wearing sold only in Albany? If they give us the information the details trigger ppl to think back- why is this so hard for LE? Ppl won't even try to think back to when they worked at the road place if they don't know to think about it or oh yea that shirt came from ____ in Albany. Somebody may remember an employee's kid dropping off the map or just some wild connection. If we are relying on memory alone- with a reward - they've got to be more helpful. If I post this on my page with Albany area locals ppl want to understand the connection before they'll even think back.
What do you all think?
If you go back a page or two on the thread, you'll see they found a newspaper in the immediate vicinity that was an Albany paper. I don't know why they were so sure it was connected. Maybe it was stuffed inside the TV console with the case containing her body. That would make it more directly relevant than just a random newspaper lying around with all the other trash.

Possible re-post 2022 rbbm.
by Madison Tramel

''Officers arrived on the scene including Detective Herbert Bond and Detective Arney Herrin Jr. They noticed that the suitcase was wrapped in silver duct tape and a plastic sheet. The suitcase contained a duffle bag, but it was also filled with cement. Inside of the gym bag, wrapped in a brown baby blanket, was the body of a little girl.''

''The little girl was African American toddler between the ages of 2–4. Jane Doe had black hair that was pulled into a ponytail or pigtails with multi-colored bows, but her eye color was unable to be determined. She was around 2'8"-3'1" in height and anywhere from 23–31 pounds.''

''Christmas Doe was wearing a white knit thermal shirt with a red or pink pony emblem on the upper left corner,white thermal pajama bottoms with a maroon trim on the bottom of the pant leg, and a diaper. Her ears were likely pierced although they could only tell that her right ear was pierced, and she wasn’t wearing earrings at the time. There was also slight gap between some of her baby teeth.

The detectives couldn’t help but notice how well she seemed to have been cared for that seemed to juxtapose the lack of dignity with which she was dumped. She was disposed of in the trash but the care she seemed to have been given made detectives believe that someone out there had to love and care about her.

It is estimated that Christmas Doe had been deceased from anywhere from 1–2 months. Due to her state of decomposition her cause of death was not able to be determined. There was also no signs of abuse or neglect on her remains, which means that she had been cared about for most of her all too short life.''

''In 2009, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) case agent Daley Wiley got a lead that connected the TV console to Albany, Georgia''

''In 2010, GBI agent Russell Mansfield said that anonymous tip had been submitted via the GBI’s website that Christmas Doe’s name might have been Bridget and that her family might have lived in Tifton, Georgia at some point.''

1673101381804.png
''Older clay reconstruction of Christmas Doe''

1673101558290.png

Other cases are remains of individuals who have not been identified, like Baby Jane Doe, who was found in Ware County on Dec. 21, 1988 wrapped in a brown baby blanket placed in a gym bag that was in a cement filled suitcase that was stuffed into a TV console cabinet at an illegal dump site.

1674131283864.jpeg

There was also no signs of abuse or neglect on her remains, which means that she had been cared about for most of her all too short life.
rsbm.

A theory:

Could Christmas Doe died alongside her mother, but dumped at different places/occasions?

"Everyone" says that no parent come forward in cases like these because they're the perps, but what if no one came forward because they were already dead themselves?

I wonder if the case of Christmas Doe is similar to the one of Alisha Heinrich (f.k.a. Delta Dawn) and her mother, Gwendolyn Clemons, or a Peaches and her toddler scenario, considering Christmas Doe had seemingly no signs of abuse or neglect and seemed to have been cared for up 'til the moment she died. So, what if she died alongside her mother, but dumped at different places? Could the mother could also be still missing, or another Jane Doe, or found, identified and buried long time ago? We've all seen Jane Does who've bear signs of possibly borne children -what if mama is one of those Does herself? On that note: Do we know of a woman from that time who went missing (or was found), who had a child who was/is unaccounted for? Or what about a Jane Doe?

JMO

rsbm.

A theory:

Could Christmas Doe died alongside her mother, but dumped at different places/occasions?

"Everyone" says that no parent come forward in cases like these because they're the perps, but what if no one came forward because they were already dead themselves?

I wonder if the case of Christmas Doe is similar to the one of Alisha Heinrich (f.k.a. Delta Dawn) and her mother, Gwendolyn Clemons, or a Peaches and her toddler scenario, considering Christmas Doe had seemingly no signs of abuse or neglect and seemed to have been cared for up 'til the moment she died. So, what if she died alongside her mother, but dumped at different places? Could the mother could also be still missing, or another Jane Doe, or found, identified and buried long time ago? We've all seen Jane Does who've bear signs of possibly borne children -what if mama is one of those Does herself? On that note: Do we know of a woman from that time who went missing (or was found), who had a child who was/is unaccounted for? Or what about a Jane Doe?

JMO
I agree with your theory.

Skeletal remains of a young child were found on December 18, 1988 in a rural wooded area in Ware County, Georgia. The child’s remains were found concealed inside a duffel bag that was placed inside a suitcase, and further concealed inside an old television cabinet. It’s estimated the child had been deceased for one to two months before being found. The child is a black female, 3-4 years old. She had black hair pulled into a pony tail secured on the top of her head by a brown rubber band. She was found wearing a white knit pullover shirt with a red pony emblem on the upper left chest, white thermal pajama bottoms with maroon trim, and a disposable diaper. The child’s ears were pierced but no earrings were found with her. Displayed above are digital reconstructions of the child’s clothing and a facial reconstruction created by a NCMEC Forensic Artist that depicts what the child may have looked like in life.

Perhaps we could suggest this baby to Othram?
I'd certainly love to see them try. The article from December (up the thread) said LEs had been using new DNA technologies, 'without success' over the last three years.

I know @othram loves a challenge, and they love to give Does back their names.

I really don't have much, but I'd happily donate the little I can spare to help crowdfund this case if they took it on.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhampton
Back