Identified! GA - Ware Co., BlkFem Child 15UFGA, 2-4, in cement-filled suitcase, Dec'88 - Kenyatta Odom

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder what the Albany NY connection actually was. Isn't that where you send documentations and other paperwork to travel out of the country?

I know that could be super irrelevant, but I work at a vet (in NC) and that is where clients have to send their pet's health certificates to be certified for traveling abroad.

I really hope this Bridget tip leads to something! We have a name and location so crossing my fingers
According to the link a few posts up, “An Albany Herald newspaper was also found near the body.” I’m assuming that’s where the connection came from. ETA: I guess you mean why the paper would be there in the first place? :oops: I may have misread that.

I’ve been looking through possible missing person matches and found these two cases which aren’t on the rule-out list:

Tanisha Lorraine Watkins (01/05/1984) - Tanisha Lorraine Watkins – The Charley Project

Jeanine Camille Barnwell (11/15/1985) - Jeanine Camille Barnwell – The Charley Project

I noticed that both Tanisha and this unidentified girl were wearing white pullover shirts. But, Tanisha’s was supposedly short-sleeves while the one found on the body appears to be long-sleeved.

As for Jeanine, it appears as though her mother abducted her and then was found without her. I was able to find that information in an old newspaper article.

Please do tell what you think of these possibilities.

Attachments

• E0ADB7FC-0C91-4E95-A274-1C18994ABE4F.jpeg
    E0ADB7FC-0C91-4E95-A274-1C18994ABE4F.jpeg
    44.3 KB · Views: 12
I’ve been looking through possible missing person matches and found these two cases which aren’t on the rule-out list:

Tanisha Lorraine Watkins (01/05/1984) - Tanisha Lorraine Watkins – The Charley Project

Jeanine Camille Barnwell (11/15/1985) - Jeanine Camille Barnwell – The Charley Project

I noticed that both Tanisha and this unidentified girl were wearing white pullover shirts. But, Tanisha’s was supposedly short-sleeves while the one found on the body appears to be long-sleeved.

As for Jeanine, it appears as though her mother abducted her and then was found without her. I was able to find that information in an old newspaper article.

From my perspective, Jeanine Camille Barnwell could be a very good match since if she was kidnapped she could easily have made it to Georgia.

Obviously mistakes can happen with estimates, but imo it seems like there are notable discrepancies in the age, height and weight ranges.

This Doe is estimated to have been 2-4 (or 3-4) in late '88. By that time Tanisha Watkins would've been 7 years old, and Jeanine Barnwell at least 6, if not 7. A disposable diaper being found isn't definitive, but also suggests that Doe was probably quite a young child.

Some were wondering at the beginning of this thread if the PMI could be wrong and whether Alisha S. was definitely ruled-out, but unless I missed it, we don't know whether she's been ruled-out, right?

I know she's probably not her, but just looking back at square one. I just started following Alisha's case. (GA - GA - Alisha Smiley, 3, Atlanta, 6 June 1985). There have been mistakes made on other cases...

8B15EE04-8958-48B3-99DD-07F83045D775.png

Facial reconstruction images released in the 1988 cold case murder of a young girl in Georgia. According to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, skeletal remains of a young child were found on December 18, 1988, in a rural wooded area in Ware County, Georgia. The child’s remains were found concealed inside a duffle bag placed inside a suitcase and further concealed inside an old television cabinet.

It is estimated the child was around three-years-old and had been deceased for one to two months before being found, placing date of death during the Fall to Winter of 1988.

The child is a black female, 3-4 years old. She had black hair pulled into a ponytail secured on the top of her head by a brown rubber band. She was found wearing a white knit pullover shirt with a red pony emblem on the upper left chest, white thermal pajama bottoms with maroon trim, and a disposable diaper. The child’s ears were pierced, but no earrings were found with her.

Facial reconstruction completed by a NCMEC Forensic Artist and depicts what the child may look like in life.

Please contact the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOSTwith any information that could help identify her.

Additional information can be found at her #NCMEC poster: missingkids.org/poster/NCMU/1123251/1/screen

Unidentified Remains: Ware County, Black Female U338979918​

Case Info​

Date found: Wed, 12/21/1988 - 12:00
Race: Black
Weight: Unknown
Height: 33in
Eyes: Unknown
Hair Color: Black w/Brightly colored bows
Sex: Female
Birth Range: 1985
Contact Info: GBI Douglas Office: 912-389-4103
Victim's body was located in a brown baby blanket placed in a gym bag, in a cement filled suitcase inside a TV console cabinet. Victim was wearing pajama pants and a white pullover shirt with a red pony emblem in upper left chest area.

Seven NamUs exclusions as of now:

MP6227
Ara Johnson
04/02/1986
Upshur
TX

MP2567
Olisa Williams
06/01/1982
Washtenaw
MI

MP5825
Cherie Barnes
01/07/1987
St. Louis
MO

MP5348
Vinyette Teague
06/25/1983
Cook
IL

MP6665
Alisha Smiley
06/06/1985
Fulton
GA

MP6622
Bonita Sanders
09/14/1986
Atlantic
NJ

MP5869
Kimberly Boyd
04/03/1987
Orangeburg
SC

IMO the diaper could be a clue that this child just wasn't potty trained, maybe due to a disability like autism, and she could be older but just of small stature.

IMO the diaper could be a clue that this child just wasn't potty trained, maybe due to a disability like autism, and she could be older but just of small stature.
Perhaps, but she was also wearing pyjamas. A lot of kids aren't dry at night until after they begin school, and she's estimated to be three. It can take longer for autistic kids to be potty trained or dry at night, I've seen that in my own extended family, but a lot of neurotypical kids take a while to get the knack of continence too, especially when they sleep. If she was estimated to be an eight or nine year old, I think I'd be right there with you, but I've known a few three year olds resistant to potty training, and only one of them was autistic. My opinion only.

Perhaps, but she was also wearing pyjamas. A lot of kids aren't dry at night until after they begin school, and she's estimated to be three. It can take longer for autistic kids to be potty trained or dry at night, I've seen that in my own extended family, but a lot of neurotypical kids take a while to get the knack of continence too, especially when they sleep. If she was estimated to be an eight or nine year old, I think I'd be right there with you, but I've known a few three year olds resistant to potty training, and only one of them was autistic. My opinion only.
That makes complete sense! I didn't even really consider that it could just be a developmentally appropriate thing to have trouble with continence at 3. I work with kids with disabilities and for some reason that was the first thing to pop into my head when I was reading this.

That makes complete sense! I didn't even really consider that it could just be a developmentally appropriate thing to have trouble with continence at 3. I work with kids with disabilities and for some reason that was the first thing to pop into my head when I was reading this.
I'm from a family of autistic and otherwise neurodivergent people, but I also took certification training that qualified me to work in preschools, though I didn't end up doing that. Some babies are dry at night before they're talking, some, like my nephew was, are still wearing pullups to bed at eight. (His dad, my brother, also had trouble with dryness at night until second grade.) It's a bit of a mix of genetics, stresses, social pressures, and biology, with randomness thrown in for individuality. The challenge in the last few years was my (then) four year old niece was VERY resistant to toileting. Nope, no potty, only nappies. We think it was less about her autism and more about losing the 'baby' status when her little brother arrived. Make of that what you will. I think she's past it now.

I knew quite a few people who, as toddlers, were toilet-trained but simply stuck in their own ways, didn't want to actually use the bathroom. Some as old as 5. Might be what's going on here.

baby jane doe and tv cabinet

Hearst OwnedGeorgia Bureau of Investigation
The body of "Baby Jane Doe" was found inside this discarded TV cabinet in 1988
Dec 29 2022
''More than three decades after a little girl's body was found dumped alongside a rural Ware County road, authorities are hoping to finally be able to identify her.

Known as "Baby Jane Doe," the girl's remains were found stuffed inside of an old television cabinet at an illegal dump site off of Duncan Bridge Road in Millwood on Dec. 21, 1988.''

''Agents were not able to determine a cause or manner of death.

An anonymous donor has offered a reward of $5,000 in the case for information that directly leads to positively identifying the child.

Anyone with information is asked to call the GBI Tip line at 1-800-597-8477.

Anonymous tips may also be submitted via the GBI website.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring
Back