GA - Winder - Apalachee High School school shooting, 4 dead, 9 injured *father and son arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm curious about this whole school safety plan they are using instead... Maybe it might include the technology alert buttons I linked in a previous post??

A student quoted in that article stated, “Police do not prevent harm, they show up once harm has already been done (and) they do not have a sense of restorative justice,” said Jose Navarro, a senior at Curie High School. “Police are not keeping you safe, communities keep you safe.”

ETA: I just read the following news report stating one school in Chicago as been using the tech alert badges for a couple of years.

Yet, in an emergency, that student you quoted and every other will pick up their phone and call 911 for help, not their community. moo Their concern for restorative justice will take a backseat to their desire to live.

His poor siblings.
With how society is today, sometimes I think adults should have to apply for a permit if they want to have a baby. Prove that they are stable, capable and financially able to raise a healthy, child in a safe and loving environment. I once tried to adopt a pet and some of the requirements were, an application, visits to the home, a fenced yard, past history of other pets, how they died, along with veterinary records. Surely a human being deserves better. IMO

I really think that there is something wrong with the father/son dynamic here. The father seems "tough guy" macho type. The son, not so much. Especially based on issues that he was teased about his small stature, sexuality.

I wonder if the father kept giving CG inappropriate gifts, like guns, to "man him up". And finally, CG just decided to go "shooting" in some misguided effort to please his father. To "prove" something.

The situation about the "blooding" seems particularly gruesome, if CG was delicate, and not into this type of brutality. I don't know CG or his father, but I have seen a similar dynamic occur often when teens are not "cookie cutter" facsimiles of their parents. The parents keep trying to fit their children into some sort of mold, to change them.

And it ends up with some very damaged teens.

We ( general public) were not there with them through out the last 14-15 years.
We have no idea what life was like, who was the trouble maker in their relationship. Was it just one or the other or both? on different days.

Maybe something happened that morning between the two, maybe not.
Maybe there is more to it that we don’t know yet.

It’s sad all the way around.

4 lives lost for what?

I understand the arguments being discussed here re: the culpability of Colt's parent(s), the legal morass surrounding it, the lack of mental help intervention, etc.

The FBI/LE went to talk to Colt and his dad about school threats. After that/later that same year, Colin bought Colt an AR-15. To me that reeks of Colin snubbing or rebelling against "government interference" in their personal lives. (Very much MOO.) Now multiple people are dead. I absolutely feel that in this particular case, Colin bears a large responsibility (along with Colt).

I also feel like the victims (the murdered, the wounded, the forevermore traumatized witnesses) are being minimized in the conversation.

MOO.

I'm curious about this whole school safety plan they are using instead... Maybe it might include the technology alert buttons I linked in a previous post??

A student quoted in that article stated, “Police do not prevent harm, they show up once harm has already been done (and) they do not have a sense of restorative justice,” said Jose Navarro, a senior at Curie High School. “Police are not keeping you safe, communities keep you safe.”

ETA: I just read the following news report stating one school in Chicago as been using the tech alert badges for a couple of years.

This article refers to Suburban Chicago area schools. There is huge difference between Suburban school districts and City of Chicago Public Schools, based on their Administrations.

Suburban School District Boards are elected School Board Members, representing smaller geographic area's. Chicago Public School Board Members are Political Appointments....

There is so much more I'd like to point out, but it gets very political which I know is off limits here!

JMO

"Both Colt Gray and Colin Gray appeared before a Barrow County judge on Friday morning. Attorneys for neither of them requested bond, meaning both will remain in custody.

DA Smith says prosecutors plan to present their case against both of them before a grand jury on October 17."

Also, the grandfather is quoted in the article:
"He says Colt Gray’s household was unstable and both of his parents battled substance abuse issues."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenae
Back