Gary Hilton - Cheryl Dunlap murder TRIAL

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi Climbergirl and Native....

I will try to help you with the roads in Tallahassee. I live about 2 miles from LL Wallace Rd. & the location of Cheryl's Car/Leon Sinks. I saw her car parked on the side of the road as I was visiting son on Sat. or Sun. I know that on Monday the 3rd I went to Ft. Myers with DH and did not know all about Cheryl's disapperance until the next Monday when I returned to Tallahassee. I know this website has had a lot of hits so I will give you more info on heaven. TTYL

Sally

I am no longer on the Heaven forum, think someone took me off the VIP list...I will just stay on here.....

I understand what you're saying McDraw. I had a hard time figuring out what her questions were. And I have no idea why she spent so much time trying to establish whether or not Hilton was talking to his dog.:waitasec:

Anyway, as far as sound is concerned, I hooked up a pair of headphones to my PC and that helped some.

Hi all. I've been a member on here for a while, but I haven't posted much. When I first joined there wasn't really anyone posting, and of course things have picked up due to the trial.

I had this same question about why Suber was so insistent on getting the witness Mr. Ferguson to answer about Hilton talking to his dog. I asked around, but haven't gotten any input. The only thing I could guess was that it might come back to her trying to show that Hilton is insane. Lots of sane people talk to their pets, though, so that argument doesn't really work for me.

sea~ exactly right about talking to the dog. I talk to mine all the time. I feel Suber is grasping at straws..Remember she said she wanted to delay the trial because she was not finished setting up her defense. I highly doubt this case will last 3 weeks..
This case is set up for two phases, Guilty or not guilty, then life in prison with no parole or the death penalty.Am I reading this correctly about the red book? The Shirley's saw Cheryl with it, and saw it on the ground a few days later,and contacted LE but LE never recovered it? I could be wrong, just checking on this fact.
I am also in Tallahassee

sea~ exactly right about talking to the dog. I talk to mine all the time. I feel Suber is grasping at straws..Remember she said she wanted to delay the trial because she was not finished setting up her defense. I highly doubt this case will last 3 weeks..
This case is set up for two phases, Guilty or not guilty, then life in prison with no parole or the death penalty.Am I reading this correctly about the red book? The Shirley's saw Cheryl with it, and saw it on the ground a few days later,and contacted LE but LE never recovered it? I could be wrong, just checking on this fact.
I am also in Tallahassee

Hi Mousey...I am also in Tallahassee...Are you attendong the trial? I can not RL is in the way...trying to catch as much of the live feed as I can! Were you on Big Bend Crimes Forum??? I was and much of the SA's case seems to be the things that we posted and video's that we found. WLMA, Georgia...Dash cam video was shown in it's entire form. Lost feed and don't know if Defense has crossed yet! ttyl

SALLY

I thought they said that the video was 28 minutes. I had not seen all of it before.

Morning witnesses:

UPDATE] 2-7 11:30AM

William Ballard with the Cherokee County, GA Sheriffs Office is on the stand now.

He was dispatched to Harden Bridge Road back in October 2007 to advise Hilton that camping was not permitted in the wildlife management area.

Prosecutors are now playing a 28 minute tape of a dashboard recording of that encounter. It shows a man in a green sweater and knit cap.

[UPDATE] 2-7 11:10AM

Ronald Weyland says it appears the man in the ATM photos wore the same blue dress shirt all three days. The first two days, he said, the man appears to have made a mask out of white medical or athletic tape, but the third day just covered his face with a cloth. That day you can see the man's eyes peering over his glasses. One photo, Weyland said, shows what appears to be a gun in a holster on the left side of the man's waist.

Weyland also analyzed some home videos that prosecutors say Hilton took on his camera.

[UPDATE] 2-7 10:30AM --

Ronald Weyland with the Orange County Sheriffs Office is now on the stand. He enhanced surveillance video taken at the ATM at the Hancock Bank on West Tennessee Street. Pictures were taken on December 2, 3, and 4th of a man in a blue striped dress shirt and a makeshift mask.

http://www.wctv.tv/floridanews/head...hael_Hilton_Case_Begins_Monday_114908669.html

sally

Hi trial-watchers! I am finding things to do (like hemming shorts) rather than finish packing so I can catch some testimony. There were non ads on Friday; why am I getting them today? During the lunch break I have run several & now shouldn't be bothered for an hour... but I have to close that suitcase & leave before that time's up. I'll be tuning in via cell the remainder of today.... Ya'll carry the flag for WS!

I called wctv. general manager about the ads...horribly loud...He said that they are working on that...The person doing the taping today is on rotation and is not their Camera man. I have also listened at TDO and you don't get the ads.

I am wondering WHY SA's office is so intent on proving GMH's Where abouts on Thanksgiving weekend...He got Cheryl on Dec. 1st. I am guessing it's about the packpack and dead DOG...decapitated!!!! WOW

Called wctv.tc.....893-6666 ...talked to general manager Nick Waller about the Horrible Loud
Commercials on wctv and the lack of volume on the TDO Live Stream. He said that they were woking on poth issues!!!

Sally

Guy in atlanta braves jacket...

Why in the heck doesn't SA's office use the Terms...Trout Pond Camping Area?

I can hardly hear this questioning by SA......Had Dandy with him when they walked up to GMH's campsite. Discussion about Limestone Sinkhole. wierd to talk to person without looking at his face. Arms in the air...good witness!

sally

Brown Shirt Guy...Places GMH on Joe Thomas Road...Dec. 7th. He is a hunter!

They talked briefly about camping in that area...Asked him if there were going to be a lot of hunters in the area the next day..GMH said Oh ****...He did see the van the next day!

can't hear him discussing a pic SA showed him

can't hear the cross by Suber!!

Good witness..

sally

Hunter in Suit...at least he has his glasses...Other dude didn't...same blue jumpsuit/clothing described what GMH was wearing...Saw him on Joe Thomas Road. GMH was not hunting just enjoying the woods.

PK ...How close is Joe Thomas Road to where the Body was Found...???

He was in the woods when body was found...He is explaining Hunting Season..TDO Feed is cutting out.

He saw him later in the week of Dec. 11...Walking out of logging road with dog on Dec. 14. Different location. Did not talk to him. SA asks if her was armed.

Feed cutting out,,,UGH

Cross by Suber....questioning about dog, time of siting. GMH talked a lot. you didn't report to police. During Hunting season,you can not camp within the forest. He was in short sleeves. He quotes that he listened to interview with Off. Meggs...This is Willie Meggs son who works for Leon County SD.

good witness

sally

Lost my post.....Just saw 2 plain clothed officers walk GMH back fro Bathroom.

Hope they are keeping a close watch on HIM....Wondering Why he is not in chains.

Guess that is against his Civil Rights...What about Cheryl's Right To Life!!!!
sally

PostSubject: Re: New Start Today at 3:36 pm Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
LE officer Nice looking guy in a suit souunds like LCSD....found the burn pit. Dec 11, 2011 Newspaper Found Fecal Matter on Tallahassee Democrat...LOL

SA asked about medicine found at camp site. Identified blister pack of allergy meds.

I want DNA to prove that GMH was there with Cheryl's Bones.

Vehicle would have been parked 30 ft away from Burn Pit

He went back to burnpit Feb. 6, 2008....found bone fragments..(Suber is going to jump on fact that bones could have been used by someone else...) Found parts of womens clothing such as snaps for a bra along with bond fragments.

Missed some of testimony ...He Did find the Dead Dog on LL Wallace Road!

Suber is up He has been processing Evidence 5 yrs. Called on Case Dec. 4...Car had been towed to Wakulla Cty. SD. He processed the area of the car. found 21 items. Nothing to identify to GMH. Processed car at a later date...papers, trash..MsDonalds wrapers..He processed the car 5th & 6th. Did tow company go inside the car when it was transported to Leon County? He didn't know. Took swabs from steering wheel and vacuumed for trace fibers...Plastic Beads...AGAIN!!! ...They are not in original report as per LE officer.

She is trying to cast doubt on his report..Latent Prints discussion. (Shoot no evidence of GMH's prints in the car by LCSD)

discussion of LL Wallace campsite and allergy pack...(No Fingerprints Processed..WHY??)
Did he turn things over to different agency (FDLE) for processing....Suber states...Nothing can be tied back to GMH...He answers yes.

Joe Thomas campsite..went there twice. Jan 9, ????, Feb.6, 2008...Not able to give exact
time that items had been at campsite. Suber states that there is no proof that items belong to GMH. He says yes!

Redirect..SA...found a latex glove. Beads Again... They were not sucked up when he vacuumed the first time.

Jury Questions...relate to dead dog...Why is this important???Jan 12, 2008 500 ft from the campsite....brown dog..first visit to campsite...Subject to Recalll

sally

FDLE Lady...collected evidence from the car..looked for blood and semem...collected Touch DNA sheaded skin cells on car door handles, seat etc...anywhere you would touch an leave skin cells..21 swabs collected from vehicle...steering wheel swab & drivers seat controls on the side of the seat...of the camery..admitted into evidence.

Plastic beads in the driver's area, on rear floor, inside door....rear drivers door, many were under the drivers seat. Collected beads March 24, 2008. First saw car on Jan 9 & 1o....Photos of the beads inside the Camery..Actual Beads in evidence. green bead in drivers seat, on the floor, on driver's seat towards the back. beads on floor in back near seatbelt..rear drivers side aqua bead.

Reported that she saw th body and it's condition.. was on site when body was processed. (Got a phone call and missed a lot.) Body after linbs & palm fronds were removed by her....Did not look at pic's ....Just couldn't....she was my friend...Glad I am not in the Courtroom!!!

They are at sidebar...GMH sittling there Rocking...The

Searched body with alternate light, collected tree limbs and palm fronds and they were searched for Touch DNA back at the lab...body was decomposing and using alternate light could be affected by bugs and animals..

She attended the autopsy and collected swabs for semem. (missed some info) Muscle Sample..kept frozen for DNA..photo of the muscle sample used to identify the body's DNA...

She went to Cheryl's home Dec. 27, 2007 to see if there was any sign of a struggle...She collected Cheryl's fingerprints..Went back Feb. 28, 2008...Several people had access to the home by that time. turned over processing to someone else..Latent Print Guy.

She also went to Joe Thomas Road Site..7 miles from body ...5 miles as the crow flies. Very closed in and narrow side road off Joe Thomas..to reach campsite!

Short break..GMH up and moving around..

climbergirl...I am not trying to take your job...jusy wanted to do a narrative statement of the witnesses. You are doing a mush clearer job of who says what...I AM JUST putting down what I can hear that seems important for the people who can not watch today.

GMH had to stand and agree that picture of muscle sample was admitted into evidence not the actual muscule sample..I could not hear his reply!!Assuming he said yes.

IDing bones found in firepit, pieces of zipper, metal clip and snap...pieces of fabric and white fibers found near the log outside burnpit..batting..such as stuffing found inside a pillow, etc.

Photo's 106-114...(LP Gas man came to door.UGH) missed descriptions of pics..bones she collected of skull and fingers..snaps button and fabric found in fire.

she is an excellent witness...very serious and to the point!!!

missed more...sorry

Items and diagram of Joe Thomas Road..admitted into evidence.

Id'ed the beads...lavender in fire pit..pink one off to the side, allergy blister packs also. White batting admitted attache to pine straw.

rolling paper from ciggy's and ciggy butt. paper with writing and writing on blister pack???

wrapped up feces in newspaper wrapped with a rubberband. Tally Demo.Same date as LCSO Dec. 11, 2007.

Dear Hubby called and I missed the end.

They are in recess until 8:30 and Jury comes in at 9:00 tomorrow.

I can't believe that I spent my whole day listening to this trial...Boy I am addicted to WS.

DEAR GOD...PLEASE BLESS THE FAMILY OF CHERYL DUNLAP, MEREDITH EMERSON AND JOHN AND IRENE BRYANT!!

SALLY

I wanted to scream to Cappleman...Could they get GMH's DNA from the feces????

Also wondering if they found semen from Cheryl's body. I think in the opening statements necrophilia was mentioned.

Was GMH's semen found on or in her body???

This is so gross...hoping I am not upsetting anyone!!

sally

Tonight's update:

{UPDATE] 2-7 6:10pm

Hikers and hunters dominated this second day of testimony in the kidnapping and murder trial of Gary Michael Hilton.

This afternoon, several hikers and hunters described chance meetings with Hilton in the Apalachicola National Forest , and this morning, most of the testimony came through the lens of a camera.

A masked man visited the ATM at this Hancock Bank on West Tennessee Street ... three consecutive days after Cheryl Dunlap disappeared.
Monday ... photos of that masked man stretched more than a hundred inches tall on a screen in courtroom 3A.
"Did you conduct some video analysis in reference to State of Florida versus Gary Michael Hilton?"
"Yes, I did."
Agent Ronald Weyland with the Orange County Sheriff's Office analyzed the ATM video and captured and cropped several stills from that video. He says it appears the man wore the same blue striped dress shirt each day. The first two days, he says, the man used white medical or athletic tape to make a mask, but the third day - when it was daylight - he appeared to hold just a cloth over his face.
Weyland also noted something unusual on the man's hip.

Weyland says, "And on his left side, there appears to be a holster with a gun inside of it."

Jurors in this case are allowed to ask questions and one wanted to know if Weyland estimated the height and weight of the man in those bank tapes . He said no. "The encounter was in Cherokee County along Harden Bridge Road."
Cherokee County Georgia deputy William Ballard confronted Hilton in October 2007, and told him camping wasn't allowed in the wildlife management area there.

Hilton's last words to the deputy that day "Be safe."

This afternoon several hunters and hikers took the stand and described meeting Hilton in the forest. One took police to the spot where he last saw Hilton and they discovered a beheaded dog. It is not clear if that was Hilton's dog or another one. Amy Long will have more on this afternoon's testimony on Eyewitness News later tonight.

There has been lots of back and forth over the admissibility of evidence today because the info is graphic information, but important information. Prosecutors contend there was a human head and hands found in the burn pit at Hilton's campsite off Joe Thomas Road, but their expert cannot tie them to Cheryl Dunlap and cannot even say definitively if they belong to a woman. Defense attorneys tried to have this evidence thrown out, but the judge said no. Defense attorneys also fought to keep pictures of Dunlap's uncovered body out, but jurors will see those too.

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/J...hael_Hilton_Case_Begins_Monday_114908669.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseR
Back