Gary Hilton - Cheryl Dunlap murder TRIAL

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The commercials are driving me crazy, they always come on in the middle of something interesting. And Suber is objecting way too much. And when she objects she does not always know why she is objecting. She doesn't seem to be very professional. I'm afraid he may win an aappeal because of inadequate representation. I believe part of her non professionalism is an act.

I can't believe after the side bar the prosecutor went ahead and asked about Hilton's rights. I was afraid the judge would order a mistrial. He was screaming at Cappleman. Between that and Suber objecting about everything, I wonder if he will have grounds for appeal. I sure hope not!

Watching trial now and Suber is reminding me of Mr. Tudball from the Carol Burnett show!

Did anybody catch the name/type exact ID of the bayonet?

Also, if anybody can direct me to a site that I can match handle markings (the end of the handle) of bayonets to those found on the deceased (in another case) I would be ever so grateful.

Most of the knife and bayonet sites do not show pictures of the very end of the handle but they show them from the side. I am looking for a specific mark I have found that may have been cause by a perpetrator striking a victim with the end of the handle.

Thanks in advance if anybody can help, truly.

Thanks everybody for all of the updates, as well.

I also do not understand how Suber conducts herself.....just saying " not relevant" instead of saying " I object"

And what is up with everyone addressing him as Judge, instead of your Honor?

I also do not understand how Suber conducts herself.....just saying " not relevant" instead of saying " I object"

And what is up with everyone addressing him as Judge, instead of your Honor?

This may answer some questions..
http://www.caught.net/prose/advtt/hbdemons.htm

Since the days of "show & tell", demonstrative evidence has been a very important teaching tool. Learning through seeing and hearing things is much easier and more fun. Most jury psychologists, including Amy Singer, believe that people learn much more through seeing and hearing rather than from hearing alone. Accordingly, demonstrative evidence should be used at trial to give the jury a better understanding of your case. The use of demonstrative evidence usually grabs the jury's attention and often has them sitting at the edge of their seats when things like models and objects are being shown

When Suber objects to evidence based upon relevance she is trying to discredit the item's value or worth.

Did I understand correctly today that the State will rest their case tomorrow?

The testimony has moved quick and to the point until the cross examination. I wonder how slow things will go once the defense is in the driver's seat?

This may answer some questions..
http://www.caught.net/prose/advtt/hbdemons.htm

Since the days of "show & tell", demonstrative evidence has been a very important teaching tool. Learning through seeing and hearing things is much easier and more fun. Most jury psychologists, including Amy Singer, believe that people learn much more through seeing and hearing rather than from hearing alone. Accordingly, demonstrative evidence should be used at trial to give the jury a better understanding of your case. The use of demonstrative evidence usually grabs the jury's attention and often has them sitting at the edge of their seats when things like models and objects are being shown

When Suber objects to evidence based upon relevance she is trying to discredit the item's value or worth.

Sorry, my post WAS confusing...I certainly know what objections are, and also know they are either sustained or overruled.
My point was her RUDE failure to observe proper protocol, by not saying the words, " I object".
Suber just kept muttering " not relevant".

Did anybody catch the name/type exact ID of the bayonet?

Also, if anybody can direct me to a site that I can match handle markings (the end of the handle) of bayonets to those found on the deceased (in another case) I would be ever so grateful.

Most of the knife and bayonet sites do not show pictures of the very end of the handle but they show them from the side. I am looking for a specific mark I have found that may have been cause by a perpetrator striking a victim with the end of the handle.

Thanks in advance if anybody can help, truly.

Thanks everybody for all of the updates, as well.

I can't help you with any specific information, but just wanted to suggest that you do a search on ebay for bayonets. Sellers are pretty good at posting lots of detailed pictures and you may find what you are searching for there.

Sorry, my post WAS confusing...I certainly know what objections are, and also know they are either sustained or overruled.
My point was her RUDE failure to observe proper protocol, by not saying the words, " I object".
Suber just kept muttering " not relevant".[/b]

And must she object to everything. I believe because she objects to everything, people expect her to object, but it doesn't mean anything especially since she just says not relevant. I don't believe I have ever heard another defense attorney object to everything that is said or entered into evidence. If I half pay attention to her, it makes me wonder what the jury thinks.

This is a very graphic post...read it at your own discretion!!!!

Here is a story from my life...It is not intended to gross anyone out. I am hoping I do not offend anyone with this graphic story....But here goes:

When I was in my 20's and married to my previous husband, we were hunters and campers in the Apalachicola National Forest. At that time we would leave a small camper at the Porter Lake Primative Camping area. There was one water faucet from an underground spring and one outdoor toilet that did not flush...his site has since been upgraded and permanent camping is not allowed.

This was not a lake, it was on the banks of the Ochlockonee River. We were given a permit to camp there from early November to late December. Two couples were elderly (actually near my age..now LOL) and they were from South Florida and they actually lived there the entire three months. Serious hunters & campers!! Sorry to give so must info. But it is important to my point.

When we had to field dress a deer.....It would be hung upside down by it's hind legs. Many times we would do this along the edge of running water. This was done after the deeer's head was removed. This was done to let the animal bleed out and the the men could use a shovel to push the remains into the water. The reasons for this were to keep wild animals from feeding off the remains and to keep the camping areas clean and healthy! There were small children there mainly on weekends. My own included.

This being told, I wanted to tell you about the two couples. They loved to cook brains and eggs. All the hunters would field dress and extract this part of the deer for our friends. To this day...I do not enjoy eating or preparing ANY wild animal meat! At that time, wild animal meat was expected to be prepared and cooked by the little wife. See parts of why he is now my Ex-husband. He was also a Leon County Sheriff's Deputy, among other Law Enforcement jobs!! I also have his college degree in my BRAIN because I did most of his course work. But I did not attend classes or mess around with the co-eds!

I PERSONALLY thought this was extreamly sickening. But all people have their own likes and dislikes and we all get along by respecting this.

A side note is that we all had hunting dogs that were penned at the site and brought on weekends and holidays. The animals were also fed parts of the deer, squirrel wild bear and wild hogs that were field dressed. The parts of the animals were like a reward to the hunting dogs for doing such a good job for getting the animals out in the open for the hunters to shoot.

On a personal note I was against the killing of animals! Ex Hubby did not know that I always tried to miss an animal that I had a chance to shoot. I have never killed any animal larger than a housefly!...LOL

MOO...My Own Opinion...

Hope no one is upset about this post but it is information to be processed in reference to previous posts and testimony on TV.

just saying.... lovingly...sally

Reference to the live feed...

Hearing objections from Suber...Am thinking the jury is not in the room.

Judge is ruling...she will object to anyting!!!! Ugh

But I guess that is her job!!

Jailer is back on the stand. Cappleman is redirecting and requesting answers in relation to the SA Mr. Meggs.

He was taking notes and he later puit these notes in proper form for his official report.

Statements from Aug. 25, 2008.

Suber is in redirect..

not trying to repeat what climber is doing....

just listening and trying to figure out if Jury Is IN the room.

Wish the TV guy would pan over to the JUry....He is not listening to my screams!!!

Thinking ths witness is the Nancy Grace...Bombshell moment!!

just saying....lovingly...sally

Lunch Break...That means that I can get back to real live...

Saw something like this somewhere...

Since the trial began "I have become an expert house leaner in 30 second spurts"...but I am an expert in fast baths, housecleaning during lunch breaks and side bars, as well as the hours before and after 8:30 AM and 5:00PM!

Thanks HopefulPoster for your kind words about two court reporters.

At court the other day I held the courtroom door for the reporter when she returned from lunch and I told her I could NOT to her job...my brain and fingers do not work that well together...hence my very poor typing...

sally

Lunch Break...That means that I can get back to real live...

Saw something like this somewhere...

Since the trial began "I have become an expert housecleaner in 30 second spurts"...but I am an expert in fast baths, housecleaning during lunch breaks and side bars, as well as the hours before and after 8:30 AM and 5:00PM!

Thanks HopefulPoster for your kind words about two court reporters.

At court the other day I held the courtroom door for the reporter when she returned from lunch and I told her I could NOT to her job...my brain and fingers do not work that well together...hence my very poor typing...

sally

More live feed coments:
Thanks....HopefulpPoster...Your knowledge of the Law is always appreciated....

This trial is encouraging me to try and get into FSU Law School. By no means would I want to be a defense lawyer (Suber)....But it would be cool to work with the SA's office....

I could be a Private Detective..That would also be cool...or maybe a second career at FDLE!!

This FDLE lady is extreamly creditable...DNA knowledge can not be questioned by Suber!!

Hate the commercials...Feed is horrible..... Can't get TDO to reload!!! UGH

sally

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/114908669.html

[excerpts]

A purple sleeping bag found in Hilton's van tested positive for blood and a mixture of DNA, one of which possibly belonging to Dunlap.

Brown tested a blue sleeping bag and found blood. Brown tested 9 areas from the sleeping bag and found Hilton's DNA with the other major DNA contributor being Dunlap.

It was stated that DNA could only belong to 1 in 11 trillion, and because there are not a trillion people on the planet "it would be unlikely that the DNA was not hers."

DNA from blue pants showed a mixture of DNA with the major contributor being Dunlap. Only 1 in 29 quadrillion would have the same match.

----------

The judge would not let jurors hear Hilton's comment about" being selective" about who he picked because it implies multiple victims.

Jurors have returned to the courtroom and Caleb Wynn is now on the stand.

[UPDATE] 2-11 10:30AM --

Defense attorneys are fighting to keep a former Leon County Jail Correctional officer off the stand.

Caleb Wynn told the judge he listened in on two conversations that Hilton had with fellow inmates. He claims Hilton said, "If the state would give him life, he'd tell them where the head is."

Wynn claims Hilton said the only thing he regretted about killing Cheryl Dunlap "was getting caught" and that he "kicks himself in the *ss for it every day."

-------------

[UPDATE] 2-11 9:00AM --

The judge told the jury that if everything goes as planned, prosecutors expect to wrap up their case later today. He told jurors the defense expects to present its case on Monday and jurors could get the case as early as Tuesday afternoon.

LCSO SGT David Graham is now on the stand. He went to Georgia to collect a DNA sample from Gary Hilton in February 2008. He says the entire encounter was recorded and prosecutors are about to play that recording for the jury.

Much more at link

Why hasn't Ms. Saunders been doing the questioning?

http://www.tallahassee.com/article/20110211/NEWS0102/102110331/Jurors-see--hear-Hilton-s-home-movies

Both recordings, which were extracted by investigators from Hilton's camera memory card after he had deleted them, appear to have been inadvertently recorded. In each, the camera lens is obscured, as if in a box or covered with a cloth, but the sound can be heard.

In the first 29-minute recording, noted on the camera file as concluding at 5:49 p.m. on Dec. 3, 2007, Hilton is heard mumbling, humming, singing and making pig-like grunting noises as he rummages around the van.
At one point he can be heard saying "killed them with that" and "killed those (expletive)," before driving down a bumpy road, getting out and doing something that required exertion.

---------

FDLE tool mark expert Jeff Foggy testified that Hilton's bayonet punctured Dunlap's tire.
Foggy could not tell, however, if the bayonet or some other knife made the cut marks left on Dunlap's neck bone.
On cross-examination by Assistant Public Defender Ines Suber that was intended to cast doubt on his microscopic analysis and expertise, Foggy conceded this was his first case involving this particular type of knife or a punctured tire.

More at link

Well, so much for Subers claim that it is all circumstantial evidence.

If it wa
ks like a duck and talks like a duck, it must be a duck.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back