Gary Hilton - Cheryl Dunlap murder TRIAL

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Perhaps Ms. Dunlap got her nursing license prior to the fingerprinting requirement...that is certainly a good possibility. Too bad we do not know exactly when that was a requirement, and if so, was it only for RN's or also LPN's...

anyone know which she was? I have actually met folks who refer to Nurse's aides, as nurses...not saying this was the case, but we just do not have all the facts.

I would also like to know just when Florida started this requirement...cannot imagine that SA office would be that sloppy.

As for GMH and his defense team, it is poetic justice that he has a smallish woman with a terrible accent to defend him. Kind of reminds me of the Law and Order episode, where the racist white supremacist was defended by a black man. Poetic justice.

I saw an awful pic on some website of GMH being prepared for court, some hapless woman tying his tie. Ugh and double ugh!

I hope we get thru the week without any talk about mistrials, although I agree Suber is "putting on a show"and may cause a new trial with different representation. That would really stink at this point..I am wondering what Hilton thinks of his legal team?

Yeah, that would totally stink since the State has held up their end IMO. Hopefully, Suber will be more organized next week and start asking clear questions! Hilton is probably thinking he could have done a better job himself.

I guess anyone could have placed the sleeping bag in the dumpster but GMH's DNA was found on the sleeping bag along with Cheryl's so he is tied to the sleeping bag. I am worried about Suber. I am afraid that GMH could win an appeal on inadequate representation. She rambles, she objects to everything and never states a legal reason. But there seems to be alot of eveidence. Chandra Levy's killer was just convicted on NO DNA and No evidence tying him to the case.[/QUOTE/]

Just noticed some of my info was in error....Hoping the Tally Democrat story would set it all correct.

The sleeping bag and the shoe laces on his boot was the SA's best tie-in.

The TDO (article and the tweet were wrong) has heen in error earlier this week when they thought the hiking boots belonged to Cheryl. Jennifer Portman fact checked with wctv's Julie Montanero while I was standing there in the courtroom on Wednesday. I was waiting to finish conversation with J. Montanero.

RL is so busy today ...but Cheryl has been on my mind. Last night DH and I met DS, DDIL and grandson for supper in Crawfordville. Each time I pass by the place that Cheryl's car was parked...I send her a little mental message. I Really Feel The Closest To Her There!!!

DEAR GOD PLEASE ENJOY THE SPECIAL ANGEL THAT IS CHERYL DUNLAP

sally

more TDO:

If convicted in Dunlap's case, Hilton, who is also a suspect in several other killings, faces the death penalty. Jurors heard Friday that is something Hilton wanted to avoid.

In an audio recording played for them, Hilton tells a Leon County deputy collecting his fingerprints and DNA in February 2008 that he will be glad to give a "full and complete statement" in exchange for immunity from prosecution.

Jurors also heard Hilton tell the deputy while being transported from Georgia to Tallahassee four months later he wasn't all bad, that between his savage military training, his sociopathic character and getting sick and old, he just "lost a grip" on himself.

Read more: Prosecutors rest in Hilton trial | tallahassee.com | Tallahassee Democrat http://www.tallahassee.com/article/...rosecutors-rest-in-Hilton-trial#ixzz1DmCJ7Zyj

Corrections officer Caleb Wynn testified that he listened in on a conversation between Hilton and another inmate at the Leon County Jail in August 2008.
Related:

"He said if the state would give him life he would tell them where the head was and the family would probably want to know," Wynn said.

A few days later, Wynn again surreptitiously listened to Hilton talk further with the inmate about Dunlap.

Read more: Prosecutors rest in Hilton trial | tallahassee.com | Tallahassee Democrat http://www.tallahassee.com/article/...rosecutors-rest-in-Hilton-trial#ixzz1DmChJ8WR

He said the only thing he regretted was getting caught, and if he had a second chance he would do it right," Wynn said.

In exchange for a life sentence, Hilton told the other inmate he would answer all of State Attorney Willie Megg's questions, including how he was able to pull off the crime on busy Crawfordville Highway.

Wynn also reported that Hilton said he spent hours or days with Dunlap, who he knew was a Sunday school teacher.

"Plenty of guys must have wanted her," Wynn recounted Hilton saying.

A DNA swab from Dunlap's thigh was a 1-in-22 match to Hilton, but a sexual assault kit test was inconclusive.

At the jail, the inmate also asked Hilton whether he got a rush from killing, like jumping out of an airplane. Hilton said no.

Read more: Prosecutors rest in Hilton trial | tallahassee.com | Tallahassee Democrat http://www.tallahassee.com/article/...rosecutors-rest-in-Hilton-trial#ixzz1DmD4lYkN

It's more like being in the military," Wynn said Hilton replied. "You have to go in and destroy the whole village, like a warrior."

During the conversations, Wynn said Hilton was laughing.

Hilton's team of public defenders will present their case when the trial resumes Monday morning.

Read more: Prosecutors rest in Hilton trial | tallahassee.com | Tallahassee Democrat http://www.tallahassee.com/article/...rosecutors-rest-in-Hilton-trial#ixzz1DmDKfDuM

that was page 2

ttyl...sally

Perhaps Ms. Dunlap got her nursing license prior to the fingerprinting requirement...that is certainly a good possibility. Too bad we do not know exactly when that was a requirement, and if so, was it only for RN's or also LPN's...

anyone know which she was? I have actually met folks who refer to Nurse's aides, as nurses...not saying this was the case, but we just do not have all the facts.

I would also like to know just when Florida started this requirement...cannot imagine that SA office would be that sloppy.

As for GMH and his defense team, it is poetic justice that he has a smallish woman with a terrible accent to defend him. Kind of reminds me of the Law and Order episode, where the racist white supremacist was defended by a black man. Poetic justice.

I saw an awful pic on some website of GMH being prepared for court, some hapless woman tying his tie. Ugh and double ugh!

hi Native, Cheryl was a RN, That photo of GMH was taken on 1/31, Monday, the day they began talking to the potential jurors, which I was involved with.

stuff:
climbergirl wrote:
Suber mentioned Tucker's name twice recently when she was arguing to the judge without the jury present. Also she mentioned something about two witnesses fro Madison County. Madison County is southeast of Atlanta near the Oconee national Forest. It's between Atlanta and Augusta.

Hi climbergirl...North Florida also has a Madison County It is two counties over from Leon, then Jefferson, then Madison...Its main town is Madison, Fla. There is also a small town named Greenville. Madison County has I-10....The Law Enforcement people also pick up a lot of Drug trafficers...they are very good at Drug Profiling. They have really made a lot of money on this.

I am thinking that is where there is some kind of charges that have to do with an domestic problem. Married 13 years to a cop....they have a very high rate of domestic abuse...We were borderline at many times. Hence the reasons that he is my EX...

I answered things about Caleb Wynn...He was the one Suber was refering to...not Tucker!!!

sally

More stuff:

JMHO...I have a hard time believing she was at Leon Sinks...But stranger things have happened. Someone said earlier that she looked nervous and scared. Perhaps he told her that he had a memeber of her family...one of the boys. Then he could have told her that she had to stay out there until all of the people left the parking area....She could have fed into his bullchit.

JUST My HUMBLE OPINION..My other thoughts are that he punchered the tire at Glenda's store as she was headed north. He could have watched her use the one gas tank there and she used her credit card. He would not have taken her without knowing or guessing that she had plastic! He hit the lottery whe he took $700.00 dollars from her account. He then pulled over and got her to get in his van to go back to Glenda's...He told the guys from LCSO that he was able to take her from the busy Crawfordville Highway. That had to be a fluke. I live on Crawfordville Road...that is what it is called coming south from Tally. It is called Adams Street until you get to Ridge Road/ Gaile Ave. Then it turns into Crawfordville Road. The people that live in Crawfordville use the words Crawfordville Highway...The name kinda changes at the Wakulla/Leon County Line. Cheryl's car was abput 100 yards from the County line in Leon County. Likewise her body was found in the Apalachicola National Forest in Leon County. I am still wondering about her D/L...were they located in the dumpster in Georgia? Who knows??

CLIMBER GIRL did you hear anything mentioned about her D/L? I don't think they were in her purse!

TTYL...Sally

More Stuff:

MOO...I was very dissatisfied with the SA's case...The best they had to offer were the blood on the sleeping bag and the blood on his shoelace. That was the Nancy Grace Bombshell Moment.

I am not sure what Suber has to offer. I guess we will see on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday. I have a feeling that she will not longer be the bumbeling strange talker. I have her her talk without the storonge accent. Her true nature will be on display..She will be a different person, Strong and assertive. Wait and see!!!

Sally

Answer:

Sally-
If I recall correctly, her driver's license was one of the items in a picture of items taken from his van a LONG time ago in a news story. Anyone else remember that other than me?

Here is an article that was posted on websleuth's

Hilton, 61, was indicted on charges of murder, kidnapping and grand theft in the death of 46-year-old Cheryl Dunlap, a Crawfordville resident who disappeared Dec. 1, 2007. Her body was found in the Apalachicola National Forest about two weeks later.
The list of evidence includes a surveillance video from Hancock Bank, bank records, DNA samples, Cheryl Dunlap’s driver’s license, a security tape from Wayside Farm General Store and other assorted items, according to court records.

The State Attorney’s Office also included a list of 384 witnesses interviewed in connection with the case.

stuff...

climbergirl
One of the things Suber was complaining about was that Fred Somers was already out of jail and she had no address for him. So, i guess he is no longer incarcerated.

A FRIEND SAID THAT WE WAS BORN April 7, 1977. he is on probation felony anf his current address is 206 Lonesome Woods in tally...32305. IT IS OFF Oak Ridge Road then turn on D L Crosby. THE TRAILER looks trashy... IT IS 3 Miles from my house. There is a broken down blue van about 20 feet away....WHY couldn't Suber find him. All she had to do was call his Probation OFFICER.

sally

Did not address grand theft auto charges....

To the best of my knowledge they were unable to place GMH in her car. I am basing this on the lack of ability to find his DNA inside Cheryl's car or on the steering wheel. As per lady DNA expert from FDLE, who testified today.

nite all...sally
Odd. They could not find fingerprints in Leslie Beebe's car either, anywhere, not even her own. They did find a bunch of wipes.

I believe, when he says he "did not start hunting until 2007" that what he means is he was not dismembering them or hunting them in the woods, catch, release, do over etc...

I really fail to believe he was not killing before he starting hunting and field dressing people. Apologies for the graphic post.

Yes, he hunted people, no doubt, but his method of cutting off head and hands was for a different reason than what hunters do.

IMO...it was solely to destroy evidence...

this guy worked hard to avoid being caught...wiping down steering wheels, disguises at ATM's....

His talk about hunting also comes from that sick movie that he was a consultant for.....

found online that Cali started fingerprinting nurses in 1990, so would guess that would be around the time it started in Florida....not sure if already certified R.N.'s would have had to go ahead and have it done at that time....
wish we had a nurse on here who could tell us....

Sally - Who is Tucker? David Tucker?

Also, LE said they inflated the tire and it went flat immediately. They concluded that it could not have been driven once it was punctured.

It is bewildering that GMH was able to get victims back to his vehicle without being seen in any of the cases.

I think Suber will start with a Motion for Judgment of Acquittal on Monday. I caught the last hour of live stream on Friday and heard her tell the Judge she needed time to prepare and research the acquittal. Suber will have to prove that the evidence has been insufficient. I don't think she will succeed. JMHO

Also, the Judge told her that if she was going to walk in on Monday and rest her case, then he wanted to go over the jury instructions before they all left for the weekend. She said she wasn't going to rest her case Monday.

I count that Suber has asked for a mistrial at least three times. She asked on two separate occasions because of the two jurors that are aware of the GA crime and she asked when the Judge told her to sit down and be quiet because she said it prejudiced the jury. Does anyone know of any more?

found online that Cali started fingerprinting nurses in 1990, so would guess that would be around the time it started in Florida....not sure if already certified R.N.'s would have had to go ahead and have it done at that time....
wish we had a nurse on here who could tell us....

Hi Native, I am a nurse, but from the Florida State Board of Nursing website it states, all nurses, LPN's and RN's along with CNAS must have a background check by the FBI and fingerprints taken before they can perform any job duties in the state of Fl. Also, I think I remember CD was living in another state prior to her murder? well, if so, she would have to resubmit fingerprints when she came to Florida. So, in my opinion, CD's fingerprints "should" be on file with the state of Florida board of nursing..but I am thinking, its not enough for Suber. Like the State Of Florida board of nursing could make a "error". Guess anything is possible as FDLE had the DNA of some managers last week on someones elses DNA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back