Gas Cans

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ok - So on NG just now, someone was reporting about the gas cans that were taken from the Anthony home ... and they said that they wanted to find out if Caylee had been near them at any time. I wonder if THAT is why the dogs were hitting "inconsistently" in the backyard, and in the trunk. If Casey stole the gas cans to dispose of evidence ... then brought them back (maybe even full) to the house/shed ... maybe there never was actually a body in Casey's car. But ... the blood in the trunk?? Ahh this case makes me crazy!

This family keeps getting weirder by the day. Every time they open their mouth to say something, they should rethink it! I wonder if it never occured to them to say anything to authorities at the time they REALIZED she took them, rather than let it get strung out and misconstrued. I wonder what else they know that they are not saying. I think the only reason they brought up that she took the cans in the first place is because the CSI people took them and would find out anyway. JMHO

Maybe Casey was going to set the car on fire because it stunk so bad?

In the video you linked, she said actually something different than you posted, unless she restates it later and perhaps I missed it.
She said that it was reported that George said that Casey always stole gas or often stole gas. Her correction was that George never said that.

ETA: Regarding the police report, my take on it is that they filed the police report on the 24th, but some how deduced they were taken on the 22nd. For example, maybe they were gone all day the 22nd, but were home the rest of the weekend .so they figured they must have been stolen the day they were gone;and reported them stolen the day they noticed they were missing.

Well we already know the Anthonys don't do well with dates....

how long did it take them to remember they were with Caylee on Father's Day?

Would they have ever 'remembered' the truth if not for the surprise discovery of the pictures (video?)

I think that George seemed very strange while telling the whole story of finding the gas cans in Casey's trunk, it just seemed so rehearsed. WHY would he keep the wheel chalk in Casey's trunk??? If I'm not mistaken he said that a neighbor stole the gas cans and he got them back.
I think the only thing that would surprise me at this point is if one of them actually told the truth about something...anything.

All of what I have seen are George's comments to mean that he had seen her last on the 16th. He was supposedly going by the "day after the video was made" thing.

This family keeps getting weirder by the day. Every time they open their mouth to say something, they should rethink it! I wonder if it never occured to them to say anything to authorities at the time they REALIZED she took them, rather than let it get strung out and misconstrued. I wonder what else they know that they are not saying. I think the only reason they brought up that she took the cans in the first place is because the CSI people took them and would find out anyway. JMHO

It would appear they like having everything strung out and misconstrued :furious:

Maybe Casey was going to set the car on fire because it stunk so bad?

That is why I came to this thread to see if this theory was being talked about.

I think it is a good one. Maybe she couldn't figure out a place to burn it because she would need a ride or something else tripped her up.

wanted to bump this because it is being talked about again in the gen discussion thread.

now reading this, i am noticing that cindy said she knew, casey told her about the gas cans, but cindy hadn't had a chance to tell george yet. however, in the greta interview, george says that casey said it was a shame what happeend to the shed, as if she didn't know what happened and was being sympathetic to the shed being broken into. george then insists on going in the car to get the tire wedge and finds the gas cans. why would casey act as if she didn't know about the shed if she has already told cindy about it?

edited to add that im not asking literal question - just disproving ones...well more like proving they are all dishonest and covering up for casey.

This is exactly what makes me think that he intentionally filed a false report about the gas cans after he discovered them in the trunk of Casey's car and smelled decomp on the 24th. I think that was the day he figured it all out.

But the car was not retrieved from the tow yard until mid-July

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back