GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a theory on this. I would bet that the sausages he had bought were not Aussie snags but a South African sausage called 'boerewors' (Yum !) It is a long coil of sausage and if you remove it from it's casing (skin) it is very much like mince. It plays a huge part in African barbeques and depending on who's made it is usually delicious !
I could be wrong tho....

Surely Zim is not short for Zimbabwe, LOL SORRY!

Oh I have to tell someone my good news. It is OTT but noone I know is awake at this time.

I got engaged tonight lol in between being on here and other stuff. Some happy news for the day.

Congratulations to you kiwijayne and to your fiance. May you have a long and happy relationship and marriage. It is indeed good news and just what I needed before heading to bed. :congrats::toast::cloud9:

Congratulations to you kiwijayne and to your fiance. May you have a long and happy relationship and marriage. It is indeed good news and just what I needed before heading to bed. :congrats::toast::cloud9:

Thanks it has been 9 years so far. Time he made an honest woman of me lol

Thanks it has been 9 years so far. Time he made an honest woman of me lol

I would say so too. You have been most patient, but I am sure he was worth waiting for.

Yep, it was always about him. I think the main thing that I can't reconcile the last few days is that Allison had seemed to mention her depression and anxiety to the staff. It seems to go against the " keep everything looking happy" mantra she seemed to hold onto. Do you think this was to explain herself to the staff who knew of her husbands infidelity? I am a bit lost with this info that has come out the last few days as it seems so different to the façade she kept up with others ( bless her). I don't know why I feel this is important but NBC saying she talked to EBC about it too, it just feels that something is being built up about it and many people are saying it. I just get a yuk feeling about it. Anyone feel the same?

Did they ever mention when Allison had this discussion with EBC? My gut tells me it was years ago, maybe soon after a baby was born,she may have admitted being overwhelmed at the time. That doesn't mean she was currently feeling that way. imo

If it was my partner missing and the police found the location of his phone I would be racing out the door within seconds to locate it.

I cannot understand why he barely even reacted?!!?!? I am trying to keep an open mind to all possibilities, but that right there is just bizarre.

Equally bizarre is why the police simply gave him his phone back and went on to other things? Why did they not race out and look either?

Is it possible any of the BCs then went and removed it from that location? Or would they have been closely watched?

Lastly, on statements, several say "I told her/him certain things" or similar, but they don't say what. Why is that? Very frustrating!!

My partner is in real estate and I asked him if it was common to vacuum homes they are selling. He said it does happen from time to time. Sometimes you have owners interstate or O/S. One of his colleagues was known to mow the lawn occasionally of one place he was selling. Most of the time they would recommend for owners to maintain and keep their places tidy I would think.

I guess sometimes it can mean the difference between a sale or not?

So doesn't happen every day, but he didn't think it was completely unusual. Just very unfortunate timing! That's the questionable part.

Here's a question that keeps nagging at me...NBC was clever enough not to give a formal statement to the police at the time Allison went missing, thus ensuring that his words couldn't be used against him at a later date. However, his testimony in court this week appears to contradict a lot of what other witnesses/statements have said. For example, the reference to Gerard & Allison being a happily married couple, or his comment that he knew nothing about the financial issues in Gerard's real estate business. Given that he's had 2 years to prepare for his day in court, I find it fascinating that his testimony doesn't tally with the information that is contained in the committal hearing documents!!!!! There is information in those formal court documents that clearly shows that he had at least some basic knowledge about the troubled state of the marriage & Gerard's business woes. As if he wouldn't have read every words of those documents. Why lie about something that is so easily contradicted? I just don't get it. What am I missing here?

Did they ever mention when Allison had this discussion with EBC? My gut tells me it was years ago, maybe soon after a baby was born,she may have admitted being overwhelmed at the time. That doesn't mean she was currently feeling that way. imo

Yes it was years ago....BBM

June 12, 2014

He said he did not learn of his daughter-in-law’s struggle with depression until four or five years into his son’s marriage, when Allison had called his wife for help

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...age-turmoil-20140612-zs66g.html#ixzz34Yyo1e4b

While I have to consider that the possibility is there, I have to agree with Nathan Milne on this. You really can't say, one way or the other. It's a bit of a long bow to draw.

Yes, there may have been tissue damage there which attracted more insects, but that's pure conjecture.

And even if there WAS tissue damage, due to the decomposition it can't be determined if that tissue damage occurred pre-mortem or post-mortem. That too is pure conjecture, unfortunately.

So while it's tempting to propose facts that may fit a preconceived theory, that can't really be done based on the autopsy findings. I know it's very frustrating that Milne was so non-committal (I also found it frustrating), but that is his role - he can only report on evidence and facts - not conjecture.

Unfortunately..... ;)

Thank you for reminding us about conjecture DrWatson.
Dr Milne as the Coroner's pathologist, put forward his professional opinion re cause of death. He stated, under Oath, that in his opinion it was not a natural death. Hopefully, the Jury incorporate the significance of his opinion into their deliberations.
Neuromancer's reminder re possible injuries before/after death cannot be excluded as insect activity in those specific areas can be indicative of soft tissue damage. It all needs to be incorporated into deliberations, in my opinion.

Bumping this up for anyone who may have missed it yesterday....

Important Notice please take note!

At some stage over the weekend, (probably Sunday),as well as over the next few weeks, Websleuths (WS) is having a major overhaul/upgrade & the site could be down at various times.

Owners & Admin, as always, are being very kind & thoughtful towards us by working it around the trial so there's no interruptions once the trial resumes on Monday.

We'll be keeping you up to date & letting you know more as news comes to hand.

Kimster has posted in following thread about how to find out if the site is down.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Where do we go for info when WS is down?

Where do we go for info when WS is down? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Something I'm not clear on is a remark made by one of Allison's daughters during the video interviews with the police. In response to questions about GBC's and Allison's bed, one of the girls said that GBC 'makes his own bed'. Does that mean he made his own side of the bed? Or does it mean he was sleeping on the couch or a stretcher? Apparently there was video showing the marital bed, which was a double or queen. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

In that video of the lounge room the chair has a bedspread folded on it. But Allison was watching TV that night when g went to bed. I'm sure that one kiddy said mum sleeps on the right hand side.
Either way TMcH I hope you now understand they were together.

I have an overwhelming desire to violently swear on this subject.

Blood on her hands? Oh most definitely. Accessory!

I don't think the information the girls gave should be disregarded. On the contrary. However I do think it would be wise to keep in the back of our minds that these girls may have been coaxed. From sometime after 06.30am to say 08.30am. This coaxing might have been as simple as "remember now, mummy and daddy are happy, always happy. Mummy walks in the morning. Etc" Added to this is their possible fear of retribution should they say something or anything out of place.

I agree Ladybird. Perhaps under the guise of "reassuring" the girls & helping them to calm down on that awful morning, GBC could have been subtly 'coaching' them. He could have said things like "Don't worry girls, mummy & I are good friends, we are very happy, we fight sometimes but it only lasts a few seconds".

I've kept quiet for 2 years & now I can't shut up!

In an earlier thread it was confirmed that Scraps the dog lives at 61 Boscombe Road [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8134977&postcount=824"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #32[/ame]
Is the area connected to sewage or are they septic/grey water systems? If they are connected to septic, perhaps the phone was disposed of in Scraps yard that night?

However, if they are connected to sewage - I've always had a feeling that while GeRd had his famous 's***, shower, and shave' he disposed of Allison's phone down the toilet or drain. He attempted to find the phone using the app before police arrived, is that right?

His calm demeanour when 'Find my phone' actually located it could have been an attempt to hide his amazement and concern that it was still functioning! Anyone else would be out the door in a flash to find that phone (and their wife).

Did police do any excavation at 61 boscombe road?

I remember when the chest/armpit photos were first shown here it was discussed that they were the sort of thing you'd get if someone was twisting/pulling on your shirt during a fight - a mix of abrasion + superficial bruising from friction and pressure against the skin.

Re the leaves, yes, was thinking they're most likely dead leaves on the ground, as someone (unconscious/dc) is being dragged by their feet/arms along the ground with hair trailing behind (maybe even with fresh hairspray from that afternoon making hair stickier).
That way you could pick up 5 different types of leaves easily enough, as opposed to crashing into 5 different plants, which are also less likely to drop their (living) leaves.
And also they'd be hard to see, being under the hair, which would explain why they weren't removed.

Again thank you Neuromancer for revisiting this. Agree with the hypothesis of how leaf matter became tangled in the hair and jumper.
Agree, those marks around the right upper arm/shoulder area look like friction/pressure marks from 'force' of some kind i.e. shirt twisting, carrying a dead weight, rope/straps used to lower a dead weight are all things which come to mind. My opinion only.

THE PORTRAIT
Allison's diary spoke of a large portrait of GBC with TMcH for her 40th birthday-'4 weeks later started'.

TM's 40th was the 5/2/71 so when was this portrait purchased or picked up? Allison was doing the accounts so she would have found the payment or the actual portrait.

These two #^%*^% gave poor Allison so much grief.
I hope the jury get to understand what we know.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ayal-of-allison-badenclay-20121217-2biqi.html

NBC stated in his evidence that it was about 4-5 years into the marriage, so likely to have been in the early 2000s. So a very long time from her time of death in 2012.

Here's a question that keeps nagging at me...NBC was clever enough not to give a formal statement to the police at the time Allison went missing, thus ensuring that his words couldn't be used against him at a later date. However, his testimony in court this week appears to contradict a lot of what other witnesses/statements have said. For example, the reference to Gerard & Allison being a happily married couple, or his comment that he knew nothing about the financial issues in Gerard's real estate business. Given that he's had 2 years to prepare for his day in court, I find it fascinating that his testimony doesn't tally with the information that is contained in the committal hearing documents!!!!! There is information in those formal court documents that clearly shows that he had at least some basic knowledge about the troubled state of the marriage & Gerard's business woes. As if he wouldn't have read every words of those documents. Why lie about something that is so easily contradicted? I just don't get it. What am I missing here?

Some people are seasoned at 'playing the game'. Some are aware that this Jury can only deliberate on evidence/facts put before this Court. Knowing this they connive to use it to their advantage. So cross-examination has an important function with witnesses such as these. My opinion only.

I have been looking at the photos of the Brookfield house and have some comments

The yard needs a mow and the patio a sweep but that's no big deal.
On the inside it is clean and tidy particularly as 5 people lived there.
It's not the house of someone in deep depression. The floors are clean, the shower is shiny, there is a nice tablecloth on the dining table and a vase of flowers that look about 4 days old. Wonder where they came from? Presumably prior to Allison going missing as the family did not go back to the house to stay.
In the main bedroom there is a sliding door mirrored wardrobe with Allisons clothes visible but there is also a walk in wardrobe that looks like it is used as a storage room. There is a spare mattress standing up in there but it has things stored in front of it so it doesn't look like it is used much. Likely the one Toni said she and GBC slept on that one time in the lounge room.
Dishes are done though likely by someone after breakfast, not Allison. One mug in dish rack, perhaps GBC morning cup of tea or coffee. A tea cup and saucer sits on the coffee table, maybe Allison's last one.it looks like it still has some in it. That made me sad. There are black thongs behind the lounge. They feel to me to be Allisons as they look more like a woman's.
I see "sunflowers" by Van Gogh on the wall, that made me smile. Lots of photos of family on the walls that are blurred for privacy.
Lovely outlook from kitchen and living room to back yard.
One of the cutout "dream" word stands behing the dish rack. Maybe Allisons.
The lounge is certainly one that someone could sleep on as the chaise part would make it long enough I think.
It's a house that looks to me that it has been tidied the night before an early conference in the morning and a busy day. The cuppa though came after the tidy up. Why was it not put on the sink if it was Allisons? Whatever happened was after the cuppa.

Edit. Another mug on dining table
It all looks a bit dull and gloomy but that's because it is very overcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marytb