GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Fluffykins. Nice to have you on board! :loveyou:

I really hope you're right about that. Obviously it will have been recently dried, all the cuticles of the hair lying flat. It would be amazing if they could get some sort of chemical from it which the hairdresser had... just amazing.

:please:

Thank you, Isabell! :blowkiss: ... Yes, so much potential information from just one little hair. That's a very good point about the cuticles lying flat - that's the reason a professional blow-dry always looks so good, they do it so much more thoroughly than we can at home.

And of course you can see just from the photo that it's been bleached. I wonder if putting it under a microscope might show any evidence of the previous colour treatments? Some very interesting evidence coming up!

I wonder if the prosecution is allowed to tell them what the police think happened while they are there looking at the area - or do they have to stay quiet and let the jury take it all in and form their own view (this is probably a silly question)....

When I was a juror on a murder trial, everyone had to keep right away from us at these scenes - even the bailiff who was the only other person on the mini bus with us. No one hears what we were saying and no one was allowed to talk to us. Everyone including the judge had to back off as we approached. In the bus, we were banned from talking about the case in front of the bailiff. It is really up to the jury to decide what they are looking at and why - aside from being told where they are going.
:jail: :twocents: :jail:

Long time lurked but new member. G'day.

I think one glaring thing which has been forgotten about in regards to ABC supposedly going for a walk late at night/early morning was that she was suffering from a cold as mentioned by her hairdresser.

if you have a cold, compounded by 3rd hair treatment and a conference the next day,no matter how obsessed you are at wanting to lose weight you don't have the energy to go for a long walk. Id be using that time to perk up and preen to make sure the hair looks right. As well as the regular routine making sure the children are fed and dressed and had the school lunches ready.

Wonder what sizes track pants EBC wears. Am I allowed to ask that?

Hi Volunteer, I was trying to think of a way to ask that exact same question without sounding too direct.
So I started thinking about the story of Cinderella. Think it ran something like this:
One upon a time there was prince or wealthy bloke, who found an item of ladies clothing or a ladies accessory. He wanted to find the owner of said item. So he checked out who would fit into the item. Despite some people reckoning they knew who it belonged to, even trying to bend evidence to suit, only one person fitted that item perfectly.

Long time lurked but new member. G'day.

I think one glaring thing which has been forgotten about in regards to ABC supposedly going for a walk late at night/early morning was that she was suffering from a cold as mentioned by her hairdresser.

if you have a cold, compounded by 3rd hair treatment and a conference the next day,no matter how obsessed you are at wanting to lose weight you don't have the energy to go for a long walk. Id be using that time to perk up and preen to make sure the hair looks right. As well as the regular routine making sure the children are fed and dressed and had the school lunches ready.

She didn't get to paint her nails.
"there is pink nail polish on fingernails, which is worn and absent in areas. :(

Warning autopsy report.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30810&d=1363404040

Perhaps they didn't need to physically go to the roundabout because they have it all on CCTV and can play that in the courtroom for the jury....

If not, please add me to roundabouts anonymous :floorlaugh:

I don't think we've seen everything at all.

Off top of my head a couple of cases....

Simon Gittany....video was released of him dragging Lisa Harnum back into their apartment after she tried to escape from him. He then threw her to her death from the balcony. We hadn't previously seen or heard anything about that video prior to the trial. And it was shocking & damning video!!

I should also add, his family were also his staunchest supporters. They were turning up at the court waving placards proclaiming his innocence. All that had no effect....he was found guilty & rightly so.

Cowan....his recorded confession was a bombshell at the trial. I think most folks would have read about cowan's arrest & that detectives had gone to WA but not a soul expected to hear anything remotely like the extraordinary work those detectives put in.

I've said it before on here...police are very well aware of how much evidence it takes, how thorough they have to be to make those charges stick & ultimately get a conviction.

That's exactly what I was getting at! Very interesting that the biggest pieces of damning evidence in both those cases was only disclosed on the trial!

Thank you.

How many of you wonderful posters think GBC will take the stand? I, for one, do not!

Was also thinking about "Tailoring evidence" referring to GBC, and his more particularly his father NBC. And what he had to say when he was called upon to speak.
Thought about Oscar Pistorius and a comment made there:

As the prosecutor resumed his cross-examination on Monday, he accused Mr Pistorius of "tailoring his evidence" as he went along to suit the defence case, which had been "concocted".

SO!

BCs have made a complaint that there are too many of ABCs family and friends in court.

So the Judge has declared on 8 seats per side (that is prosecution and defence).

I wont say anything further as i dont want this mod snipped for defamatory words.

Nuff said.

Cheers.

Im hoping if/when BF is called they will bring the roundabout (and a lot more) up then.
Maybe wishful thinking on my part though :dunno:

"I do remember that he called me a couple of days ago and asked me about the media report about the Kenmore roundabout and whether there is a camera there. I am not sure even now if there was a camera there.

"I told him I didn't know and could ask, I have not since asked or looked at all, and have not spoken to him about it since."

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...r-for-money-20121215-2bgji.html#ixzz35RgZeo00

LNP’s Bruce Flegg may be called to testify in Gerard Baden-Clay murder

http://article.wn.com/view/2014/06/10/lnp_8217s_bruce_flegg_may_be_called_to_testify_in_gerard_bad/

You are a treasure, Indromum!
:skip:
They really are from all of us here on WS Poss. A few a us put together to make it happen - a special shout out to CJ60, Bellgirl, Minni, Tishy, Enthralled, Breaking News...

SO!

BCs have made a complaint that there are too many of ABCs family and friends in court.

So the Judge has declared on 8 seats per side (that is prosecution and defence).

I wont say anything further as i dont want this mod snipped for defamatory words.

Nuff said.

Cheers.
You are kidding - they really know how to win friends and influence people don 't they?

Sweet little Allison, God love her, what more is required of a person?
She had $2 in her account and trying to salvage the unsalvageable.

It was all about him and his needs but what about Allison??? She still sung to her babies.

Hate is a severe word but OMG I actually really hate some people!!

My eyes are stinging with sadness. :(

domestic violence starts with the man in the mirror

About the pants, I am size 10 and I have Nike XL. Their sizing run small and because I dislike hipsters I chose a larger size. No muffin tops. :/ They fit really comfortably.
If they were Allison's pants they must have fitted for comfort because if she was trying to salvage a marriage you'd try just that bit harder to look nice.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...its-home-creek-and-bridge-20140623-zsizv.html

Gerard Baden-Clay trial: Jury visits home, creek and bridge
June 23, 2014 - 3:37PM by Marissa Calligeros

"It is not unusual for a jury to visit alleged crime scenes during a trial. The excursion, called “the view” in legal parlance, is designed to help the jury better understand the evidence presented at the trial"...

Hi & welcome to all our new members...nice to have you on board :)

Adding this link to our rules which all members are required to read & abide by.

Rules Etiquette & Information

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8364858#post8364858"]Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Some random thoughts.

IF GBC is found not guilty he would have to be the unluckiest guy on the planet.

His wife is "missing", later found to be murdered, dumped in mud. He has scratches on his face. Multiple marks & bruising on his chest & neck area.

He'd been attacked by a caterpillar.

He is stoney cold broke, owes squillions to others with no chance of borrowing a cent to pay those people.

His mistress is hammering his head about when he's going to make her his woman....as well as the problems with the conference.

There's blood in one of his cars.

Police are making him repeat his story over & over.

And geee whiz... to top it off, police are suddenly suspicious of him & telling him....

'This is just not what we normally have with missing persons and it's not how things normally go and we just need to make sure we've got everything right,' one of the officers said.

Darn those police even took his phone away.

He attempted to “rush through” the death certificate and start the life insurance claim process & a plug was put on that.

He crashes a borrowed car.

...............just sayin :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ght-Allison-seen-jury-told.html#ixzz35Azriy82

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...denied-bail-20120622-20s73.html#ixzz35EesqRSD

Wonderful!!! I agree Marly.

I watched this case on the weekend and looked very similar and only circumstantial evidence too.......

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/dark-side-of-the-mesa-14-06-2005/

They really are from all of us here on WS Poss. A few a us put together to make it happen - a special shout out to CJ, Bellgirl, Minni, Tishy, Enthralled, Breaking News...

:tyou: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members