GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know for sure, sorry. Apparently NBC's car was held by police at the Brookfield house on Friday 20 April but I don't know how long for.

Mmmmmm - I would really like to know if any other cars were forensically examined. Anybody?

I think he's showing his true feelings on the stand...he's still denigrating Allison, he's still mentally abusing her. And he knows darn well she can't defend herself.

In his mind, it's all her fault he's in the position he's in.

Unfortunately, the jury has to see through all his abusing (sometimes while expressing positively about the marriage) in the very short time they have. Will they check the characteristics despite tens of incorrectnesses mixed with a little truth?

You raise some good points, thank you. Over the last two years I've looked at this case from the perspective of all players involved. I've tossed the possibility back and forth that GBC is innocent, that NBC and other family members were not involved or complicit after the fact. I, and indeed all of us will never know the full details of how Allison died and her body dumped at Kholo Creek. Everything we've heard to date is circumstantial but when all of these pieces are woven together, IMO it does indeed point to GBC being guilty. The same also applies to NBC. There is just not one thing that he has or hasn't done, it is a culmination of a lot of things (some I'm not permitted to speak about here) that lead me to believe that he was involved in helping his son cover up Allison's murder.

Are the DPP privy to this NBC culmination of sorts. Let's hope so.

True, but also I've always found the best liars put a fair bit of truth in what they say ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny you mention that Cattail, I was recently watching a documentary on lying that stated exactly that! The best lies often contain an element of truth. With that in mind, the first thing that popped into my head was Ben Bassingthwaithe's statement (item # 20):

"Gerard told me that Toni had made a comment to him about their sexual relationship, basically along the lines of that Toni was berating him saying that the sex was good, but he (Gerard) is just an idiot"

Interpret that as you please :floorlaugh:

Coin flipped:

I just can't quite find the quote of exactly what Gerard said to Const Kelly Thompson when Allison's phone triangulated to 61 Buscombe Rd. :notgood:

From Kellie Thompsons statement:

24. The defendant didn't say much, it may have been, "Oh that's good."

25. I said, 'It looks like its only about 150 metres behind your property.

26. The defendant did not make any reply. When I zoomed in on the screen it showed that Allison's phone was in the rear of 61 Boscombe Road, Brookfield. I then handed his mobile phone back to him. As a result of the phone search for Allison's phone I then walked outside and I had a conversation with Senior Sgy Narelle Curtis and I told her certain things.

Funny you mention that Cattail, I was recently watching a documentary on lying that stated exactly that! The best lies often contain an element of truth. With that in mind, the first thing that popped into my head was Ben Bassingthwaithe's statement (item # 20):

"Gerard told me that Toni had made a comment to him about their sexual relationship, basically along the lines of that Toni was berating him saying that the sex was good, but he (Gerard) is just an idiot"

Interpret that as you please :floorlaugh:
[emoji471]
[emoji106]

And he has retreated to the home of his colourful father Nigel Baden-Clay who was listed on the family real estate business website as having been a big-game hunter, conservationist, and "marriage enhancement facilitator’" and drives a car with the number plates "bwana" - a term from the African language swahili meaning boss.

Had things become too difficult the couple could always have turned to Mr Baden-Clay senior who worked alongside the pair in the real estate business and who as a marriage enhancement facilitator, had been intimately involved with helping couples through his directorship of the Anglican Marriage Encounter Australia Ltd - a now defunct program which organised couples to spend a weekend where they learned to communicate again and strengthen their marriages through talking to counsellors.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nat...ing-husband-20120512-1yj5w.html#ixzz35usKbUdE

That's my thought LB. If my loved one was innocent but under suspicion, I would do everything in my power to help both the loved one and the police. But that's just me.

Tom Meagher comes to mind. Being Jill's husband of course he came under suspicion. He handled himself with dignity and cooperated fully with the police. Jill's parents stood by him and they all stood in unity together throughout Jill's murder investigation and trial.

Now flip the coin and take a good hard look at the Baden-Clay's. No comparison IMO.

Makara, I was just thinking of Tom Meagher this minute. Naturally people suspect the partner, but as you say, Tom handled it with dignity and did what he had to do. Now GBC and his family were not cooperative and were quite defensive from the start. One would think finding Allison was paramount, rather than running off to doctors, getting solicitor, preparing for business as usual, taking vacuum cleaner to clean for an open house. All things for self, self, self. The entire BC family's behaviour was not what one would expect when a wife, sister-in-law, daughter-in-law was missing.

What is the most important thing in a missing person case? To cover our butts first and foremost??? Only for the BC family.

Sorry for my rant, but the behaviour of the BC family was not normal in that situation - unless of course one was guilty!

:jail:

This link has the "Mr Mum" notes in it

Some insights into his life with his wife can be found in a series of blog posts the Herald located on his business website from his times at work and with Allison in 2008.

The posts reveal a normal man leading a busy life, someone keen to succeed while both enjoying family life and wrestling with the pressures of being a good businessman and father and husband. :puke:

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nat...ing-husband-20120512-1yj5w.html#ixzz35ut8LONy

From Kellie Thompsons statement immediately prior to him saying, "Oh, that's good."

23. At or about 1.09pm, I approached the defendant as he returned back at 593 Brookfield Road Brookfield and I asked the defendant if I could use his mobile phone again so I could try and locate Allison Baden Clay's phone again using the application called find my friends. At this time, it took a good 10 seconds where the application was searching and upon completion of the search. The defendant was standing beside me and I told the defendant that the phone was still searching. I then observed a blue dot on the screen where it indicated Allison's phone was. I then said to the defendant, "Oh, it comes up."

this comment about the phone gets me. He then goes on about the chooks eating the neighbours garden

CON SIMMONS: Um her phone, Allison’s phone’s been
triangulated by us. And it just about, out the back here
somewhere?

BADEN-CLAY: Huh?

Yep, deflection at its finest. You can also see this deflection very clearly in the interview of GBC with OW standing beside him biting her lip and rolling her eyes.

At 1:04 into the video.

Was she upset before she went away?

GBC: No...and the police, I've tried to help the police as much as I can, we all have with everything we've got so. thank you, I'm sorry.

The Gerard Baden-Clay Interview, (His wife Allison Beden-Clay still missing) UPDATE BODY FOUND - YouTube

See how he deflects? Just answer the freaking question Gerard!

I often see little kids do this same thing when they are in trouble.

Also in the same video at 0:30.

I'm trying to look after my children at the moment. They've got three young girls and we....stops for a breath.

BBM. He says they've instead of we've. Obviously been coaxed by someone. I recall we discussed this when we first saw that video. He should be locked up for poor acting if nothing else!

<Respectfully snipped>

BBM: To the showground across the road from his house perhaps? It would have been dark. There would obviously be a hose there of some description. Any mud and debris from the car wouldn't be noticed as much and the paths and driveway of his house wouldn't look like they'd been recently hosed.

I still wonder why GBC phoned the showground maintenance man at 12:25pm on Friday 20 April. Immediately after this he made a series of calls, to a couple of solicitors and a couple to his father.

I'm wondering if in fact that this person, who most likely was a member of the local community could have also been a personal friend of GBC and therefore contacted for help or advice instead of his association with the showgrounds.

"Taking the fifth..." this hasn't come up in the trial, has it?

The parents of missing Brisbane woman Allison Baden-Clay have made a heartfelt plea for information about their &#8216;&#8216;precious and loving&#8217;&#8217; daughter&#8217;s whereabouts.

We must find her. She&#8217;s just so precious and she&#8217;s so loving. We desperately need your support. Please, please help us.&#8217;&#8217;

Ms Baden-Clay&#8217;s father Geoff Dickie was holding on to hope his daughter would see their desperate plea and come home.

&#8216;&#8216;Please contact the police or your family,&#8217;&#8217; he said.&#8216;&#8216;We love you very much.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ase-help-us-20120423-1xgq6.html#ixzz35uvqGKhj

The parents of missing Brisbane woman Allison Baden-Clay have made a heartfelt plea for information about their &#8216;&#8216;precious and loving&#8217;&#8217; daughter&#8217;s whereabouts.

We must find her. She&#8217;s just so precious and she&#8217;s so loving. We desperately need your support. Please, please help us.&#8217;&#8217;

Ms Baden-Clay&#8217;s father Geoff Dickie was holding on to hope his daughter would see their desperate plea and come home.

&#8216;&#8216;Please contact the police or your family,&#8217;&#8217; he said.&#8216;&#8216;We love you very much.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ase-help-us-20120423-1xgq6.html#ixzz35uvqGKhj

Now there is a normal family, reacting normally to an awful situation. We love you Mr and Mrs Dickie and family.

I'm wondering if in fact that this person, who most likely was a member of the local community could have also been a personal friend of GBC and therefore contacted for help or advice instead of his association with the showgrounds.

That's entirely possible jojo. GBC may have simply asked him if he'd seen Allison or to keep a lookout for her and her phone. That's what a husband would do if his wife was genuinely missing but GBC already knew where both Allison and her phone were. Although GBC is cunning so he may have just covered all bases to make himself look like the concerned husband. He also phoned Sargeant Murray Watson at 6:53am on the Friday morning. Watson was the policeman who witnessed the accident in the Prado earlier that week and is part of the Kenmore Hills neighbourhood watch program.

GBC can sit on the stand for hours waffling on but not once did I see him pleading for help to find his wife and mother of his children! No that was left to Allison poor parents.

:furious:

I'm trying to look after my children at the moment. They've got three young girls and we....stops for a breath.

He's taken ownership of the children, because he know's Allison won't be coming back.

April 27, 2012

The husband of missing woman Allison Baden-Clay has issued a statement

&#8216;My daughters and I are very concerned for Allison,&#8217;&#8217; Mr Baden-Clay&#8217;s statement read.

&#8216;My priority at the moment is the welfare of my daughters.

&#8216;&#8216;This is a very difficult time for us all.

We thank everybody for their efforts, prayers and well wishes.

&#8216;&#8216;I please ask the press to respect our privacy.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...missing-mum-20120427-1xosg.html#ixzz35uzJhNAk

June 22, 2012

The Courier-Mail can reveal the car owned by Gerard Baden-Clay's parents was searched. Police rifled through the boot and back seat of the couple's silver Holden Statesman about 6pm.

http://www.news.com.au/national/pol...lays-parents-car/story-e6frfkvr-1226404924501

Ah, you're a gem Amee. Unfortunately this article is from June 2012 and relates to the police searching Nigelaine's cars etc. while the committal hearing was in process, or had been that day.

I still don't recall reading anything about Nigelaine or OW's cars being forensically tested at all in April and May of 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000