Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinkoflaura said:
I am so psyched to have actually found something myself. :)
Usually I am the one standing in the middle of the road going " What truck?"
I must say, though, that eBay was, unfortunately, very familiar to me. Past tense.

LE needs to know all of this. They can track his activity through eBay's records. Of course, we know what he was selling, but still.... this is hard evidence of it and they may not have the eBay records.

I can make sure it gets passed on. But, I suspect they already have this info.

I usually end up saying "What deer?" .... Why can't I ever see those suckers!

BTW ........... GREAT JOB!!!!!

golfmom said:

Can they really track that kind of stuff without his computer? IMO, it looks like this investigation is not very thorough. But what do I know, really?

This totally makes my day. :)
I also think there may be truth to the DC moniker. He may have used it online at a dating site. They are often for gays or bi-sexual people who want to be anonymous until first meeting.

golfmom said:

The desk wasn't broken. It was actually carefully taken apart. I have some experience with these types of desks, and they aren't easy to put together much less take apart. I imagine LE or the landlord carefully dismantled it in either getting a piece for testing, or to get it completely out of the house. It's also possible Raven took it apart and intends to pick it up. They may have had him get it out because the new carpet is scheduled to by installed shortly.

Relative to the creek, I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I tried to imagine someone running down to it to wash up, and it just doesn't seem plausible. It's too overgrown.

Thinkoflaura said:
Yes, those could be ladies 8.5 narrow width. Would fit with Janet's size.

I still think the desk has been BROKEN not dismantled.

Jennifred, Ebay has offices. They keep records of all transactions. In fact, eBay's phone number for power sellers, in case anyone wants to phone them is
1-800-322-9266

Jenifred said:
Can they really track that kind of stuff without his computer? IMO, it looks like this investigation is not very thorough. But what do I know, really?

I can see a large irregular shaped piece which, to my untrained eye, appears to be broken. I guess it was cut to fit the space or something.
What kind of desk is it? A do it yourself Sauder type product or Ikea or what?
Looks abandoned to me.. would it still be good to go after being out in rain, etc for a month? I agree that it is in pieces to remove it from the house..
Of course, the computer or computers were already gone. How ironic that, out of all things remaining of Janet and Raven, the thing remaining of hers are a pair of her soccer shoes, her passion.
Raven left his computer desk behind, computers being his " dream job".

NCBanker said:
The desk wasn't broken. It was actually carefully taken apart. I have some experience with these types of desks, and they aren't easy to put together much less take apart. I imagine LE or the landlord carefully dismantled it in either getting a piece for testing, or to get it completely out of the house. It's also possible Raven took it apart and intends to pick it up. They may have had him get it out because the new carpet is scheduled to by installed shortly.

Relative to the creek, I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I tried to imagine someone running down to it to wash up, and it just doesn't seem plausible. It's too overgrown.

The desk didn't appear to have been weathered. It is indeed the type you put together, not high-end. It hasn't been out there long. The piece you refer to is a custom cut and not broken.

Thinkoflaura said:
I can see a large irregular shaped piece which, to my untrained eye, appears to be broken. I guess it was cut to fit the space or something.
What kind of desk is it? A do it yourself Sauder type product or Ikea or what?
Looks abandoned to me.. would it still be good to go after being out in rain, etc for a month? I agree that it is in pieces to remove it from the house..
Of course, the computer or computers were already gone. How ironic that, out of all things remaining of Janet and Raven, the thing remaining of hers are a pair of her soccer shoes, her passion.
Raven left his computer desk behind, computers being his " dream job".

NCBanker said:
The desk didn't appear to have been weathered. It is indeed the type you put together, not high-end. It hasn't been out there long. The piece you refer to is a custom cut and not broken.

Thanks for the additional info!!
You did a terrific job.. wonderful.

I think it is so poignant that computers sort of stand for who Raven thinks he is, and his computer desk is all he left behind, and Janet was so into soccer, and her soccer shoes are all that remain of her.

I'm being told they may be Raven's shoes, not Janet's. Please don't make me go back!!!

Thinkoflaura said:
Thanks for the additional info!!
You did a terrific job.. wonderful.

I think it is so poignant that computers sort of stand for who Raven thinks he is, and his computer desk is all he left behind, and Janet was so into soccer, and her soccer shoes are all that remain of her.

:laugh:
NCBanker said:
I'm being told they may be Raven's shoes, not Janet's. Please don't make me go back!!!

No, we've named you supersleuther of the month, so you get a free pass for a week!

Edited to add: Those are some pretty damn girly shoes.

golfmom said:
:laugh:

No, we've named you supersleuther of the month, so you get a free pass for a week!

Edited to add: Those are some pretty damn girly shoes.
I also think they look pretty girly, but maybe P.Ness was attracted to shiny things.

On a serious note, do we know if Janet was still playing soccer? We haven't heard much on her playing with a league or anything. Anyone out there know?

Okay, no guarantees of nothin' here, but I wanted to let y'all know that I e-mailed crime writer Kathryn Casey about this murder, so it will be interesting to see if she has anything to say about it. Here's her website -- http://www.kathryncasey.com/index.htm.

Since I don't have an agent or anything, I figured it would be nice to get a real crime writer's interest stoked about this case.

She's buddies with Ann Rule, and her book She Wanted it All can be found on Amazon.com.

Mr. A.

**edited to add -- here is a link to a post of Janet's brother Brad's eulogy given for her at her funeral on May 9th, 2005 -- in the discussion thread begun by golfmom for memorials.

Jenifred said:
On a serious note, do we know if Janet was still playing soccer? We haven't heard much on her playing with a league or anything. Anyone out there know?

Jen, my understanding is that Janet did still play soccer, just not competitively.

I hope that helps!

NCBanker said:

You mosey back down there and try those shoes on. I want a picture!!

Seriously, I can't see a man wearing metallic silver anything except sunglasses in the way of clothing accessories.

You really did great! I feel more like I have a feeling for the crimescene than I did before. I bet she liked the house a lot. Oh, this is so sad.

NCBanker said:
Well I've been told by an employee of Eurosport that he was caught accidentally by another employee. This could have happened from one buying from him on eBay, but this is purely speculation.

Very possible. Thanks.

NCBanker I can't imagine how paranoid you must have been when you were taking those pictures.

misterallgood said:
Okay, no guarantees of nothin' here, but I wanted to let y'all know that I e-mailed crime writer Kathryn Casey about this murder, so it will be interesting to see if she has anything to say about it. Here's her website -- http://www.kathryncasey.com/index.htm.

Since I don't have an agent or anything, I figured it would be nice to get a real crime writer's interest stoked about this case.

She's buddies with Ann Rule, and her book She Wanted it All can be found on Amazon.com.

Mr. A.

**edited to add -- here is a link to a post of Janet's brother Brad's eulogy given for her at her funeral on May 9th, 2005 -- in the discussion thread begun by golfmom for memorials.
Did anyone else notice the reference to Raven in the eulogy? It seems almost like he's talking about Raven fondly. You'd think that if they were suspicious of Raven, he wouldn't have been mentioned sincerely in a eulogy (Side note: he was mentioned in a similar manner by one of her soccer teammates giving the eulogy at the funeral service in Buena Vista). Thoughts, anyone?

I think I found one additional ebay identity, not marked as affliated with the other ones for some reason. I'm technically deficient and don't know how to make a screenshot, sorry.

Anyhow, the ebay name is dcraven (no hyphen like the other one) and it's out of NC also. Lots of activity from 99 onward, right up to May 30 even. Looks like lots of car parts and what not.

Not sure if this will work, but here is link to that profile: dcraven ebay profile

Well I wasn't paranoid, exactly. I was prepared for whatever might happen. Believe me, I've been in some tight fixes before, and I was prepared to talk my way out of it. I played out a lot of "what if's" in my mind in order to be ready for whatever. While the house is secluded, it's not completely cut off from the rest of the neighborhood. In fact, the neighboring house is quite visible.

helloyellow said:
NCBanker I can't imagine how paranoid you must have been when you were taking those pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm