Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewwwinteresting
Do you know what Janet's reaction was when she found out about the embezzlement charges?

shocked and in disbelief as was her family

MYJ: Do you know if there was any talk about Janet leaving Raven after she found out her husband stole from their employer or was she going to "stand by her man" through good and bad?

Chica said:
MYJ and TOL - I just want to express my heartfelt appreciation to the both of you for being so open and honest . . . I get goosebumps when reading your posts . . . I can't even begin to imagine what both of you have gone through/are going through.
God bless both of you, and a BIG thank you!
Thank you very much. It is very difficult to tell the facts of her death ( and we are all, in hindsight and after she was buried, convinced that her husband, who was from a prominent family murdered her) without having enormous grief for her and guilt for being the one who lived.
I try very hard not to take my friends or family for granted.. Laura's murder changed me in ways that I can't say, just like it did her mother, who lost her only daughter, and her dad, who died less than a year later of a massive heart attack- his heart was broken.. Laura was ALL him, his sense of humor, her wicked pranks.. totally her daddy's girl. :)
I know that there is a great deal of survivor guilt of a type.. because I was also married with small children, it could have been me, and maybe it should have been. She was a Special Education teacher, and what higher endeavor could anyone have pursued?
I never would have thought that my prankster, Homecoming Court queen, petite little friend would grow up to be a teacher, much less a Special Needs teacher. She had so little time to live.. I still wonder " Why her?"

I know Janet's friends and family are going through this in a huge and raw hurtful way. I am so glad this site exists so that they may interact and share and remember in their own ways.

God bless.
Lesa

Lesa.......

...i've seen posts of yours over time, on various forums, and had not known "your story" until today.....my heart goes out to you...

...i hope that with MYJ coming here and sharing her thoughts of janet that it's also helping you in a way as well...

...i know from experience as well..............( my 21 year old nephew died in 1997...) that you need to 'let it out'.....and a forum is a wonderful way to be able to do that...

...p.s............love your screen name.....it's a wonderful tribute to your friend....

MissYouJanet,

I saw that you have logged on and I have one question that is bothering me . . .

Is the family aware of misterallgoods blogs and websleuths? If they are, how do they feel about them? It worries me that all our poking and prodding in this case could be hurting them.

Thank you!

ewwwinteresting said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewwwinteresting
Do you know what Janet's reaction was when she found out about the embezzlement charges?

shocked and in disbelief as was her family

MYJ: Do you know if there was any talk about Janet leaving Raven after she found out her husband stole from their employer or was she going to "stand by her man" through good and bad?
The thought of leaving Raven never crossed her mind

golfmom said:
MissYouJanet,

I saw that you have logged on and I have one question that is bothering me . . .

Is the family aware of misterallgoods blogs and websleuths? If they are, how do they feel about them? It worries me that all our poking and prodding in this case could be hurting them.

Thank you!
I'm sure some members of her family are aware. I know her parents are avoiding info on the web

... I'll be posting a message from a member of Janet's immediate family on my blog later this evening.

Additionally, I may post a blog entry version of the timeline some time this week.

Mr. A

misterallgood said:
... I'll be posting a message from a member of Janet's immediate family on my blog later this evening.

Additionally, I may post a blog entry version of the timeline some time this week.

Mr. A

I look forward to seeing it!
:D

I really would support the idea of Raven formally changing his name to . . .

"P. NESS"

It works for me! :bang:

golfmom said:
I really would support the idea of Raven formally changing his name to . . .

"P. NESS"

It works for me! :bang:
Golfmom, you are hilarious...

He could always just add it to his existing roster of aliases...

Ina’maqki’u wi’dishi’anun
Raven Samuel Abaroa Peters
Pocketpcguy
NC_VX
msn: FuTBaLrGuY
P.Ness

Somehow, it fits...;)

:(
I'm so sad. After reading the email from Janet's family member you can feel the pain this has caused this family. No one had the right to take this beautiful woman from their lives. I don't think anyone who hasn't lost a child can really speak to what it must be like for them to experience this huge gaping hole in all their lives. I know that this is probably a wound that can never be healed.

They are in my thoughts and prayers.

golfmom said:
:(
I'm so sad. After reading the email from Janet's family member you can feel the pain this has caused this family. No one had the right to take this beautiful woman from their lives. I don't think anyone who hasn't lost a child can really speak to what it must be like for them to experience this huge gaping hole in all their lives. I know that this is probably a wound that can never be healed.

They are in my thoughts and prayers.

Yes, it is terrible, and I would give this family the same advice I give to all families in this situation...

Stay off the message boards. Dont read them, dont concern yourself with them. I understand how hard it is not to want to set the record straight etc, but the pain they will experience while reading some of the posts will be more than any family should need to handle.

Speculation will run rampant, and anything that can be speculated upon will be. There will be rumors...there will be lies...and their will be truth. For thier own sanity, my advice is not to get caught up in the postings online.

Timex said:
Stay off the message boards. Dont read them, dont concern yourself with them. I understand how hard it is not to want to set the record straight etc, but the pain they will experience while reading some of the posts will be more than any family should need to handle.

I completely agree. This is really not a very good place for a grieving family to be.

We know the search warrant indicated that the Dodge Durango was parked on the right side of the residence and the blood was on the side storm door and side door frame.....

I read this in one of the news articles:

"After police interviewed Raven Abaroa earlier on Thursday, they asked a judge for permission to search the vehicle for evidence a second time, the warrant said. "Information disclosed during that interview has suggested that further scientific testing is needed to determine the relationship of the vehicle to the homicide," the warrant said."

I am noticing that they didn't say "if" the vehicle is related to the homicide.

I am also wondering why they didn't search the VX (s).....depending if he had two, or the motorcycle. Are we able to obtain a copy of the second search warrant? Are search warrants public record?

Maybe someone locally can march into the courthouse and see what paperwork is available.
It's possible that if it costs money we can work out a fund to share the expense.

golfmom said:
Maybe someone locally can march into the courthouse and see what paperwork is available.
It's possible that if it costs money we can work out a fund to share the expense.
Hi - I don't know if it costs money to get the paperwork, but if anyone is local to Durham and can go get any available paperwork, I would be glad to contribute.

Moxie said:
Hi - I don't know if it costs money to get the paperwork, but if anyone is local to Durham and can go get any available paperwork, I would be glad to contribute.
I would also contribute to a fundif we need for paperwork expenses. As long as Raven isn't the one trying to collect the money, lol. Then we'd never see it again or the paperwork! :p

:laugh:
PrayersForMaura said:
I would also contribute to a fundif we need for paperwork expenses. As long as Raven isn't the one trying to collect the money, lol. Then we'd never see it again or the paperwork! :p

:slap: Ouch! that's gonna leave a mark!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members