General Discussion and Theories #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I miss something or is this website brand new? If it's been there all along, I apologize, I just noticed it now!

An aggressive, experienced, successful and innovative criminal defence lawyer. Mr. Paradkar has represented clients throughout Mississauga, Brampton, Toronto and the GTA facing a wide-range of criminal charges, from impaired driving and murder charges to drugs, domestic issues, theft, aggravated assault, guns and weapons charges, fraud and organized crime.

Seems the site was created June 11 2013:

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/results.jsp?domain=peeldefencelawyer.ca

Did I miss something or is this website brand new? If it's been there all along, I apologize, I just noticed it now!

An aggressive, experienced, successful and innovative criminal defence lawyer. Mr. Paradkar has represented clients throughout Mississauga, Brampton, Toronto and the GTA facing a wide-range of criminal charges, from impaired driving and murder charges to drugs, domestic issues, theft, aggravated assault, guns and weapons charges, fraud and organized crime.

As per SB's reply above^^, seems the site was created June 11th, also to note DP started a youtube channel for himself with the first published video that I have found dated June 17th, just 6 days later, I don't know about all you sleuthers out there, but I do know my 2 teenagers, both have their own youtube channel, and the reason they have it, by their own admission I might add, is so that people will see it, and believe it has some value to them personally for amusement purposes.

Is this for real? It seems unprofessional and amateur. Like some "Call Saul", Clayton Ruby wannabe law firm. Ouch!

Agree! Seems the whole website has been designed to fit his 'I treat trials like wars' mentality. Is it actually a law firm, or simply Deepak Paradakar, lawyer at large? Serious question, as I have not looked into too much detail regarding DP, and when I did try to do so, what I came up with was his self promoting youtube channel, and most recently his self promoting website:moo: Any lawyer I know of who is a member of a reputable law firm, is, in the www listed under the company's heading as either associate, partner, etc. JMO

OT and for those interested. :clap::denied:

OTTAWA — Schoolgirl killer and serial rapist Paul Bernardo won't be moved to a medium-security prison, Public Safety Minister Steven Blaney said Thursday.

Blaney responded to the public outcry after Bernardo, 48, made a request to be transferred to the easier life of a medium-security institution when the maximum-security Kingston Penitentiary permanently closes Sept. 30.

http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/20...do-will-remain-in-maximum-security-minister-2

As per SB's reply above^^, seems the site was created June 11th, also to note DP started a youtube channel for himself with the first published video that I have found dated June 17th, just 6 days later, I don't know about all you sleuthers out there, but I do know my 2 teenagers, both have their own youtube channel, and the reason they have it, by their own admission I might add, is so that people will see it, and believe it has some value to them personally for amusement purposes.

Sure he wants people to see it. DP is currently involved in two well-known cases so now that he has everyone's attention, he might as well get his "track record" out there.

I suppose no matter how corny you or I may find the website, he is selling his services to people charged for serious crimes and will like the sound of what he is offering. It is definitely unique!

So far as the youtube channel, I imagine a lot of his clients are of that younger generation that get their information from youtube. Example: I bought a fancy smartphone at Rogers. When I asked the kid at the store where the manual was, he looked at me as though I had a third eye and said " youtube!". Its just the way it is these days.

Anyway, I can see this site appealing to its target audience.

Agree! Seems the whole website has been designed to fit his 'I treat trials like wars' mentality. Is it actually a law firm, or simply Deepak Paradakar, lawyer at large? Serious question, as I have not looked into too much detail regarding DP, and when I did try to do so, what I came up with was his self promoting youtube channel, and most recently his self promoting website:moo: Any lawyer I know of who is a member of a reputable law firm, is, in the www listed under the company's heading as either associate, partner, etc. JMO

Not that I'm out to defend the defence lawyer :floorlaugh:, but this isnt unusual. He appears to be a sole practitioner. He may have juniors/associates and I think he said in the Napoleon article he will build a team for DM, but my "educated guess" would be he is the sole owner of his own office.:moo:

Not that I'm out to defend the defence lawyer :floorlaugh:, but this isnt unusual. He appears to be a sole practitioner. He may have juniors/associates and I think he said in the Napoleon article he will build a team for DM, but my "educated guess" would be he is the sole owner of his own office.:moo:

After a few years on Bay Street, he went solo.

“I didn’t like Bay Street. I’m not a butt kisser. I didn’t like the hierarchy.”

Paradkar’s calculated strategy in the Millard case includes building a “war room” to mobilize for the trial, including another lawyer, a collection of expert investigators and witnesses and a handful of law students.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/06/07/tim_bosma_murder_dellen_millard_lawyer_deepak_paradkar_i_treat_trials_like_wars.html

I agree about the YouTube. People use it for everything now, from programing their electronics (you don't get a manual with anything anymore), to using software programs, to learning to play an instrument, or even tying a tie.

JMO

Thanks Alethea.
I expect DP will be criticized for his practice philosophies by some, but it should be said for those who arent familiar, the term "war room" is commonly used in a law firm, being a room reserved for one large case or project.

Thanks Alethea.
I expect DP will be criticized for his practice philosophies by some, but it should be said for those who arent familiar, the term "war room" is commonly used in a law firm, being a room reserved for one large case or project.

I suppose its a bit like this (online) room... a war room, except here there are limits to what we can investigate ...but same principle IMO JMO

Thanks Alethea.

Exactly. It's a room for strategizing, usually with computers, maps, charts, whatever is needed. In fact, the term was also used regarding the Bosma's.

While he was missing, Bosma’s family and friends set up a war room at his rural Ancaster home, mounting a massive search that garnered national attention and reached hundreds of thousands online as police scoured a large swath of southern Ontario looking for him.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/05/18/tim_bosma_the_painful_search_for_a_missing_man.html

It's also the name of a political news show and a documentary film.

Just a thought... but what if this case is about someone who doesn't like DM? I mean if we are looking for motive.... human emotions are strong and can create a motive in and of itself. Jealousy, anger, hatred, envy .... what if someone despised him enough for whatever reason that they were following him. We have it that it was an SUV presumed to be DM's...but what if it was another Yukon or very similar vehicle?

Trackers are easy to get hold of as are burner phones.... just throwing it out there...as at this point anything is a possibility JMO

bringing over excerpt from swedie's post in the Incinerator thread:

... Regarding the thread I started concerning mental health, FYI I notified mods to let them know I had made it and left it up to them as to whether they felt it was appropriate in which they could delete it or leave it at this time. I see they have locked it for now and will reopen if they feel there is enough interest or if it become relevant in this case.

Typically as I stated in my post above: It is not common practice here in Canada in our judicial system to release a criminals mental disorder unless they are blaming or considering to blame the crime on a mental disorder. The only time that information would be released/used is in their defense. HTH. Thank you mods.
<rsbm>

We certainly had discussion related to possible mental illness as it relates to Luka Magnotta, Vince Li, and Russ Williams (just a few examples), and those discussions took place prior to any announcements by LE or before evidence produced at trials. I think it's natural to consider the mind isn't working quite right when we are looking at someone who is alleged to be a cold-blooded killer.

ETA: FWIW, in the Magnotta forum, we even have a thread on Armchair Psychology, started by WS Admin. I fail to see how DM or MS as alleged perps are any different from any other alleged perp:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204345"]Armchair psych profile and personal background, #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

bringing over excerpt from swedie's post in the Incinerator thread:

<rsbm>

We certainly had discussion related to possible mental illness as it relates to Luka Magnotta, Vince Li, and Russ Williams (just a few examples), and those discussions took place prior to any announcements by LE or before evidence produced at trials. I think it's natural to consider the mind isn't working quite right when we are looking at someone who is alleged to be a cold-blooded killer.

ETA: FWIW, in the Magnotta forum, we even have a thread on Armchair Psychology, started by WS Admin. I fail to see how DM or MS as alleged perps are any different from any other alleged perp:

Armchair psych profile and personal background, #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Here's the difference, SB. In the Magnotta forum, the psych thread was opened when a diagnosis was made public.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9166744&postcount=7"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Armchair psych profile and personal background, #2[/ame]

Definitely interesting. Seems to be working for him, though, has a bit of a fan base.

DP`s ethical decision of self promotion is personally distasteful, however I also see it as a form of ``commercial``free speech, so legal. It certainly doesn`t quite jive with the Inns of London traditions for sure.

Here's the difference, SB. In the Magnotta forum, the psych thread was opened when a diagnosis was made public.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Armchair psych profile and personal background, #2

I wasn't a WS user before the Bosma case, but for the Magnotta case I recall very well that by the time he was extradited to Canada, we knew he had some mental health issues in his past because of certain conditions in a sentence from a prior conviction, relating to treatment program, counselling and taking prescribed medication.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/05/30/luka-rocca-magnotta.html

So even though we knew no details, it was pretty clear there was a history so the discussion doesnt come out of left field. He also videotaped the bludgeoning death, making the public (or anyone sick enough to watch) witnesses of imbalanced and sick, sick behaviour.

So far as Vince Li goes, his was a question of mental health from the start, IMO. He was a quiet and hard-working man who boarded a bus and repeatedly stabbed, then decapitated and cannibalized a man in a calm and robotic fashion, according to a bus full of eyewitnesses. When he first attended in court he said nothing but repeatedly wished someone would kill him.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Tim_McLean

A big difference is we know EXACTLY how gruesomely the victims of the above two murderers died, and by whom, by the time anyone was discussing the murderers' mental health on any message boards. JMO

In this case, we have not been made aware of an eyewitness to the murder or a video of this murder, to a) positively identify MS and DM as the murderers (not just the test drivers) and b) to confirm the exact circumstances leading to the death (was it violent?), nor is there any actual proof of history of mental health issues for either of the accused. With none of the above in play right now, I think it is pointless to go there. MOO.

I didn't follow, and know little about RW so I won't comment on that one.

DP`s ethical decision of self promotion is personally distasteful, however I also see it as a form of ``commercial``free speech, so legal. It certainly doesn`t quite jive with the Inns of London traditions for sure.

Actually it doesn't bother me at all that DP has an extrovert way of selling his credentials. I prefer someone to be 'out there' and open when in the 'public' domain. Lawyers can be self absorbed often and put their own gain over the lives of their client IMO.... so it's a good thing IMO that DP advocates not only for himself but his client as well... JMO

LSUC shows DP as a sole practitioner, so I can't quite figure out how/why his Tomken address is one and the same as the group trg legal. Anyone else know why this might be? Is he somehow affiliated with them??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro