General Discussion and Theories #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No kidding! I doubt DM thought he was going to get caught, so putting the body on his farm and the trailer/truck at his moms makes perfect sense to me. After all, if he put the body in my back yard and left his trailer and truck in my driveway, I would have called the police right away and they would have caught him in the act!

They found the evidence on DM's properties AFTER they identified him as the prime suspect, not the other way around.

With all the open space out there and enough vehicles to stock a car showroom, not to mention a helicopter or two.... it makes no sense to me that DM would put all evidence at his own door. IMO MOO

There was time to take the body miles and miles away...even the truck for that matter. The body could have been thrown out at night just about anywhere from a helicopter or even left in a field. DM could still have been back by morning. (Please excuse the graphic possibilities). MOO

Regardless of whether the body/truck were found after id'ing DM.... it still would not make sense IMO to leave incriminating evidence on ones property.
Even burglars get rid of their 'finds' as quickly as possible..... they dont leave them sitting on the front porch or lying around the back yard. JMO IMO MOO

IMO, and I've said it before, DM is psychotic. Like many people with psychosis, he simply masked it well and it may very well have been exasperated with drug use. Analyzing pic's of DM could show a post 25 DM- many inheritances don't become available until 25. DM, as many other psychopaths are able to get away with crimes because they are successful and have money. JMHO, but his psychosis may have simply got to the stage where he felt a sense of overconfidence and power. He may also be a pathological liar and even though he's never been charged with an offense, doesn't mean that he has never been questioned and released. From my math, the "business" that seems to be at the base of the OC theory was hardly a business-rather it was an attempt by WM to start up a business that would provide DM with a future. For those commenting from within the aviation world, WM's hangar and AMO was a huge undertaking. Would OC really be interested in this? To believe this theory, you'd also have to believe that there was a tremendous amount of money to be made in Aviation-an industry that is extremely financially unstable at the best of times. At the time of WM's death, we have MSM reporting that the family coffers were running critically low and that was a concern for DM. JMHO, the only OC that was going on in DM's head and yes, money was his motive. MOO

Thanks for your opinion......... IMO a pathological liar would have been noticed at some point along the way. A pathological liar believes their own lies and I am sure at some point someone would have took him to task or noticed this profoundly noticeable trait. JMO

OC can be interested in anything from a bakery to an auto body shop..... so long as there is a profit to be made. JMO

If money was DM's motive then why would he be extremely generous with his friends ?? Do you think he needed to recoup what he spent ? ( I am being serious here, not snarky)

JMO MOO

With all the open space out there and enough vehicles to stock a car showroom, not to mention a helicopter or two.... it makes no sense to me that DM would put all evidence at his own door. IMO MOO

There was time to take the body miles and miles away...even the truck for that matter. The body could have been thrown out at night just about anywhere from a helicopter or even left in a field. DM could still have been back by morning. (Please excuse the graphic possibilities). MOO

Regardless of whether the body/truck were found after id'ing DM.... it still would not make sense IMO to leave incriminating evidence on ones property.
Even burglars get rid of their 'finds' as quickly as possible..... they dont leave them sitting on the front porch or lying around the back yard. JMO IMO MOO

Well putting the body on his own farm and hiding the truck inside a trailer at his moms house makes perfect sense to me, and it makes perfect sense to others on this board, so it's reasonable to believe that it also made sense to DM. Just because it doesnt make sense to you doesnt mean it doesnt make sense to anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel7 View Post
Because the Harley was stored in the trailer? So how did the thieves know it was inside then ? Maybe they didn't care and discoved it later? So they really wanted the trailer and not the bike ?

LE doesn't need the physical Harley in the court room photos as exhibits are fine. Well what if the exhibits needed to be verified...what if the jury demanded to see the actual bike...??? Uh, because the judge has to admit the evidence initially(verify) and by your example, the jury would have to get in the incinerator to evaluate it.

No I mean,they may wish to see it by standing next to it, not squeeze themselves through a 20 x 12 opening one by one !!!

Humble guys, with no previous criminal record and plenty of money turn murderers it just involves the right motivation. What is that motivation in your opinion ? They are numerous but distinguished

What is numerous and distinguished the humble guys or the motivations ?

A murderer that mistakenly felt there was no way to tie him to the murder? It's hard to commit another murder in solitary? ??

How on earth would he assume there were no ties to him IF he did it, with a truck on his mothers driveway and a body on his farm ????Another logical fallacy..if the car is blue the engine must be blue. Uh, he didn't think at the time he would be tied to the crime so all that follows reinforces that?

I think putting all evidence on your doorstep even if you think it wont be traced to you is rather shortsighted...especially when the evidence is a dead decomposing body and a very large truck, plus an even larger trailer to house it. JMO

So the chase Yukon wouldn't be seen, because that COULD tie him to the murder?

We have no idea which vehicle was following.... LE has not released the info as far as I can tell.LE reported the Yukon following closely and soon after leaving TB's?

I believe LE said it was an SUV type unknown, maybe someone could correct me if I am wrong !

Why not get TB to pick him up? I did not say for TB to pick him up I said to meet somewhere other than sellers home... Most people wouldn't be that dumb. Well why not...if you think he is dumb enough to leave a body at his farm and a stolen truck on his mothers driveway ???see above

Can you explain where I am to look above, as I don't see the connection...

The police said they felt he was killed quickly, or soon, in the truck after it left the driveway not the farm. But do they really know that? I think he was killed outside of the truck and not at the farm... JMOYou should call the tip line.

I don't think they would be interested in an opinion.

Something stinks alright. Yes it certainly does !!!

moo

My replies to your replies in blue

Your post is a little hard to follow as my original pink post is interspersed alongside yours but now in black. But I have tried to answer coherently in green ...

All my own opinions

I don't think I've ever followed a case where it's been so frequently insisted that the evidence pointing to the arrested party must actually prove he's innocent.

Totally agree AE, and further to that, I think pleading Not Guilty has become the go to statement, just to see what the accused can attempt to get away with. MOO

Well putting the body on his own farm and hiding the truck inside a trailer at his moms house makes perfect sense to me, and it makes perfect sense to others on this board, so it's reasonable to believe that it also made sense to DM. Just because it doesnt make sense to you doesnt mean it doesnt make sense to anyone else.

Yes I can see that others find it plausible... I was just stating that it is not logical to me.... that was/is my opinion, not a criticism of someone elses opinion... and just because it makes sense to some doesn't mean it is what actually happened.... JMO MOO

Did you guys hear about a similar case that just happened in Alberta?

Now, before you dismiss it as a copy cat, there have been a few things that have happened that lead me to think this is a way bigger thing than we can imagine - I wouldn't discount the OC theory here... I dont know how no one on this forum has yet to bring up this recent Alberta case... and why haven't police released names yet when they released DM and MS' names right away?? This whole thing smells very fishy... Three points--

POINT 1) Recent story in Alberta (last week) - different car (mercedes) but wierdly similar to what we (think) we know so far about the TB case: (sorry in advance I don't know how to quote properly)
[quote/] "The incident began about 6 p.m. Sunday when a man, trying to sell his Mercedes online, met two prospective customers at a west Edmonton parking lot. Instead, the two men threatened to kill him, forced him into the car and drove to Calgary."[/quote] http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news...d+kidnapping+Edmonton+male/8635793/story.html

POINT 2) Shared this previously, but the Not So Nice Canadians video that shows a similar truck getting stolen in a similar area (Ontario) just a few days after the TB incident
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1bQDFhOLkk"]Not so nice Canadians - Guys trying to pull driver out a pickup truck - YouTube[/ame]

POINT 3) The truck is listed as one of the most stolen cars in America. We think that there were other stolen cars in the hanger.
In the Motive: THe Truck thread, user @RyeGuy#1 said:
[quote/]"I am almost 100% sure that TB's truck was a 5.9L Cummins Diesel Powered 2007 Dodge just by the looks of the decals and minor appearance tweaks that were made that half year. That would make TB's truck one of the most desirable of all Cummins powered trucks due to the lack of emissions and if by chance his truck was a 6-speed manual transmission truck...it would be even more rare and even more desirable.
As soon as I heard the news about TB going missing and hearing the circumstances I honestly believed that his truck was stolen and was either being shipped to Europe or to Australia (every time I have put one of these Dodge Cummins trucks on Auto Trader I have received more calls from those to continents than I did from all of Ontario! and it is very well known that there is a HUGE theft ring of these trucks being stolen and shipped overseas and even more for the most desirable trucks such as those 1998 trucks or the 2007 trucks! I have heard of people paying 100k for these trucks in Europe and even more in Australia.....I still have a hunch that DM quite easily could have had connections in those rings and being a "Cummins guy" him self (his red truck was a 5.9 Cummins) he would know a thing or two about them."[/quote]

Anything is possible, however no data I've seen, neither the IBC, Kanetix, auto123 nor any other info even has a Ram product listed in the top ten most stolen in Canada.

http://www.ibc.ca/en/Insurance_Crime/Top_Ten_Stolen_Cars/2012.asp
http://www.kanetix.ca/10-most-stolen-cars-in-Canada
http://www.auto123.com/en/news/top-10-most-stolen-cars-in-canada-in-2012?artid=156381

IIRC all ram trucks are built in Mexico and most people in the know wouldn't have one. TB's wife mentioned 18K wasted in 10 months on theirs.

I do think the common theme is interesting, as you pointed out, and may be worth pursuing.

Maybe there is a huge theft of them only out of the top ten?

Now, before you dismiss it as a copy cat, there have been a few things that have happened that lead me to think this is a way bigger thing than we can imagine - I wouldn't discount the OC theory here... I dont know how no one on this forum has yet to bring up this recent Alberta case... and why haven't police released names yet when they released DM and MS' names right away?? This whole thing smells very fishy... Three points--

POINT 1) Recent story in Alberta (last week) - different car (mercedes) but wierdly similar to what we (think) we know so far about the TB case: (sorry in advance I don't know how to quote properly)
[quote/] "The incident began about 6 p.m. Sunday when a man, trying to sell his Mercedes online, met two prospective customers at a west Edmonton parking lot. Instead, the two men threatened to kill him, forced him into the car and drove to Calgary."
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news...d+kidnapping+Edmonton+male/8635793/story.html

POINT 2) Shared this previously, but the Not So Nice Canadians video that shows a similar truck getting stolen in a similar area (Ontario) just a few days after the TB incident
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1bQDFhOLkk"]Not so nice Canadians - Guys trying to pull driver out a pickup truck - YouTube[/ame]

POINT 3) The truck is listed as one of the most stolen cars in America. We think that there were other stolen cars in the hanger.
[quote/]"I am almost 100% sure that TB's truck was a 5.9L Cummins Diesel Powered 2007 Dodge just by the looks of the decals and minor appearance tweaks that were made that half year. That would make TB's truck one of the most desirable of all Cummins powered trucks due to the lack of emissions and if by chance his truck was a 6-speed manual transmission truck...it would be even more rare and even more desirable.
As soon as I heard the news about TB going missing and hearing the circumstances I honestly believed that his truck was stolen and was either being shipped to Europe or to Australia (every time I have put one of these Dodge Cummins trucks on Auto Trader I have received more calls from those to continents than I did from all of Ontario! and it is very well known that there is a HUGE theft ring of these trucks being stolen and shipped overseas and even more for the most desirable trucks such as those 1998 trucks or the 2007 trucks! I have heard of people paying 100k for these trucks in Europe and even more in Australia.....I still have a hunch that DM quite easily could have had connections in those rings and being a "Cummins guy" him self (his red truck was a 5.9 Cummins) he would know a thing or two about them."[/quote][/QUOTE]

Apparently DM knew people who worked on vehicles, but he was not a mechanic himself as far as we know according to information to date.

Thats why IMO if DM was sent to look at a truck it was for someone a lot more knowledgeable about trucks than he. IMO.

MS also according to any news or FB info does not seem to have any major interest in the mechanic of trucks. Of course like most posts on here this is purely speculative due to limited resources and inability to post anything relating to those who are not POI (which I agree with ). So who really wanted the truck...IF the truck was the target ?? JMO

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news...d+kidnapping+Edmonton+male/8635793/story.html

Not so nice Canadians - Guys trying to pull driver out a pickup truck - YouTube

As soon as I heard the news about TB going missing and hearing the circumstances I honestly believed that his truck was stolen and was either being shipped to Europe or to Australia (every time I have put one of these Dodge Cummins trucks on Auto Trader I have received more calls from those to continents than I did from all of Ontario! and it is very well known that there is a HUGE theft ring of these trucks being stolen and shipped overseas and even more for the most desirable trucks such as those 1998 trucks or the 2007 trucks! I have heard of people paying 100k for these trucks in Europe and even more in Australia.....I still have a hunch that DM quite easily could have had connections in those rings and being a "Cummins guy" him self (his red truck was a 5.9 Cummins) he would know a thing or two about them."
[/QUOTE]

Apparently DM knew people who worked on vehicles, but he was not a mechanic himself as far as we know according to information to date.

Thats why IMO if DM was sent to look at a truck it was for someone a lot more knowledgeable about trucks than he. IMO.

MS also according to any news or FB info does not seem to have any major interest in the mechanic of trucks. Of course like most posts on here this is purely speculative due to limited resources and inability to post anything relating to those who are not POI (which I agree with ). So who really wanted the truck...IF the truck was the target ?? JMO[/QUOTE]

IMO, this could also be a copy cat case. The TB story went International. IMHO The majority of people are horrified at the story and then there's a handful of thugs that say "gee...why didn't we ever think of that!".
Surmising that these cases are connected is like saying that a Bank employee embezzling a million bucks from a particular Bank in Toronto is linked to the one who decides to embezzle in BC a few months later. The only links are that they're both criminals that worked for the same Bank.
Also, piloting is a bit different than driving. To obtain a pilots license you have to be a bit mechanically inclined. You have to know the parts of an engine, turbines and everything else that makes the puppy fly. Unlike your car, that you just jump in and drive, a plane or helicopter is a bit different. You inspect every element of it before you get into it and fly off. So...IMHO DM knew a lot about engines by the shear fact that he held a current Canadian Helicopter Pilots License. MOO

[quote/] "The incident began about 6 p.m. Sunday when a man, trying to sell his Mercedes online, met two prospective customers at a west Edmonton parking lot. Instead, the two men threatened to kill him, forced him into the car and drove to Calgary." http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news...d+kidnapping+Edmonton+male/8635793/story.html

Not so nice Canadians - Guys trying to pull driver out a pickup truck - YouTube

"I am almost 100% sure that TB's truck was a 5.9L Cummins Diesel Powered 2007 Dodge just by the looks of the decals and minor appearance tweaks that were made that half year. That would make TB's truck one of the most desirable of all Cummins powered trucks due to the lack of emissions and if by chance his truck was a 6-speed manual transmission truck...it would be even more rare and even more desirable.
As soon as I heard the news about TB going missing and hearing the circumstances I honestly believed that his truck was stolen and was either being shipped to Europe or to Australia (every time I have put one of these Dodge Cummins trucks on Auto Trader I have received more calls from those to continents than I did from all of Ontario! and it is very well known that there is a HUGE theft ring of these trucks being stolen and shipped overseas and even more for the most desirable trucks such as those 1998 trucks or the 2007 trucks! I have heard of people paying 100k for these trucks in Europe and even more in Australia.....I still have a hunch that DM quite easily could have had connections in those rings and being a "Cummins guy" him self (his red truck was a 5.9 Cummins) he would know a thing or two about them."

Hmm, the third accomplice is still at large in the Alberta case too. The one they picked up in Calgary. I wonder if that was the reason they went to Brantford. Just a thought.

The Dodge Ram was in the top 10 for 2011 in America, which is what was stated, but it specifies the 2004 model.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jimgorzelany/2012/08/20/the-10-most-stolen-vehicles/

It seems to have gone off the list for 2012, although pick-ups and SUV's still seem to be the preferred target.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/news/1085470_and-the-most-stolen-vehicle-in-america-is

In Canada, according to this article, most vehicles are being resold locally and not shipped out of the country. Interesting...

The bad news is that recovery rates for stolen vehicles are continuing to decline. That supports the notion of the involvement of organized crime, as high-end vehicles are often targeted by criminals that strip them for parts or re-sell them to Canadian consumers.

JMO

I am sorry, but I am not following the idea that if he did not think he was going to get caught then it would be fine to leave evidence wherever he pleased. That seems completely backwards to me. You would get an idea of whether or not you are going to get caught according to how well you have gotten rid of the evidence, not the other way around. To me that is putting the cart before the horse. It is like how you would have an idea that you are rich because you have taken care to have money, but you could not just have an idea that you are rich and the 'having money' part could just take care of itself. There is a logical flaw in the assumption that because he thought he would not get caught he felt he didn't have to be concerned for the evidence, in my opinion. I would think that while in the process of committing a serious crime no one would ever think 'I'm never going to get caught for this, so evidence be damned!' I think it only makes sense that while in the process of committing a serious crime, that the whole time you would be thinking 'what's the best way to get away with this?' And I think you would constantly be trying to look ahead to see what might come back at you later.

And I think that this is why people are saying the evidence points more to his innocence, because everyone tries not to get caught. I believe it is actually documented as an early childhood milestone, being able to think ahead that you will get caught stealing the cookie if you don't wipe up the crumbs. And even animals know that you don't poop where you eat. A person who is trying to avoid detection for committing a serious crime will try to put some distance between themselves and the evidence, generally. Leaving incriminating evidence on your own property is something people might do because they have no other choice, I imagine, but someone who has the resources to do better doesn't need to. And DM had the resources to have actually burned the body to ashes, and then take those ashes in a plane and scatter them into the wild blue yonder if he wanted to actually avoid detection. So to me this even rules out pre-meditation. In my opinion, what plan to murder someone would start with booking an appointment with the victim to meet him in a place likely to have a witness who could identify you later? That is ridiculous to me.

And it leads me to disagree with you, MsSherlock, firstly I believe that you are mixing up the symptoms of psychopaths and sociopaths, psychosis and pathological lying, and that no, many people experiencing psychosis do not mask it well.

Impulsive, psychopaths are generally categorized as being highly disorganized, having an inability to maintain normal relationships with people, usually having a history of violence and erratic behaviour and often begin with abusing animals, (you don't really find pictures of them snuggling puppies, for example), and a psychopath would have no problem talking to the police if caught, although they would be belligerent and annoyed because they don't feel that they are in the wrong. A psychopath would have had no problem killing TB in his driveway, why bother to take him anywhere? I have not seen evidence of this disorder popping up in DM's past, and god knows the media has dug up his entire past, it would have been evident before now, as it usually manifests at around age 15.

Sociopaths also have an antisocial personality disorder, but they understand human emotions and know how to manipulate them. They are highly organized and not always violent, but when they are, it is an almost obsessively planned violence. And they are the charming ones, and they would be talking their heads off to the cops, being manipulative and thinking that they are conning them, most likely. And an actual sociopath would have planned it so that their were no witnesses, or would have no problem eliminating any witness that might later threaten his freedom. Again, I have seen no evidence of this in this case, especially going back to the lack of organization of the most incriminating evidence.

Also, if he was a pathological liar, he would have really been regaling the police with story after story, you cannot shut those people up, they love the sound of their own voice. From what I have seen, people suffering from full blown psychosis would also would not be able to stop ranting to the police, but they wouldn't make much sense. I believe that the police are trained to recognize people with psychosis, and it is usually pretty obvious and can't be turned on and off at will.

And again, OC wasn't looking to run an airline, in my opinion, they were looking for a place to be able to safely smuggle large amounts of contraband in and out of the country in otherwise empty planes coming and going for maintenance. Wouldn't untold amounts of money in a successful smuggling ring be a lot more of a financial motive than stealing an old pick-up truck, perhaps?

Thanks Juballee. I don't know my various levels of "psycho" profiles so that was helpful although I am sure others will demonstrate why he is one or the other from their perspective (and I do enjoy the many perspectives here, it is a healthy thing to view from many perspectives).

Here is a question. If the prosecution wants a person exercising their right to remain silent to LE, to be evaluated by a psychiatrist or criminal psychologist, do they have to? Of course i would think the defence may want to arrange this as well because they can control which parts are revealed at trial, if any.

Rereading old posts when something I'd found elsewhere was referenced. While, according to LE, DM and TB did not know each other, were there related third parties? See RocketGirl's post at [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9440598#post9440598"]Canada - Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #4 **ARREST** - Page 41 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

From what I know Snoofo, once you are in custody, you are subjected to many dehumanizing and indignant procedures, where you are guilty or not. If authorities say that they see a need for a doctor for an inmate, it is not up to the inmate to refuse, I believe. And in my opinion, in a case like this where the accused is remaining silent, the crown would first need a psych evaluation to make sure the silence doesn't indicate a mental deficiency that would be an impediment to prosecuting the accused.

Thanks Juballee. I don't know my various levels of "psycho" profiles so that was helpful although I am sure others will demonstrate why he is one or the other from their perspective (and I do enjoy the many perspectives here, it is a healthy thing to view from many perspectives).

Here is a question. If the prosecution wants a person exercising their right to remain silent to LE, to be evaluated by a psychiatrist or criminal psychologist, do they have to? Of course i would think the defence may want to arrange this as well because they can control which parts are revealed at trial, if any.

It's in the CCC, or was, complete with form. I don't remember all the details but generally positions like hospital admin, judges, attorneys, etc. can ask for an assessment in N. Amer. IMO

Wow I'm surprised to log in and find the threads still active. There hasn't been much in the news at all, anything I missed???

I truly hope that some information comes out soon, perhaps at the court appearance August 1st, that will put an end to all the wild speculation and grand schemes of OC involvement. MOO

As it has been discussed here, if LE did not have enough evidence to move forward with the charges, the charges would be dropped and LE would be out there searching for someone else. MOO

I previously posted with regard to the prosecutor providing at least partial disclosure shortly after the last court appearance in June, so if there was nothing to disclose, wouldn't DM and MS be off the hook already? MOO
Here is the quote, from article dated June 14th
His lawyer, Deepak Paradkar, told the court he expects to receive disclosure from the Crown within two or three weeks. However, Leitch said he expects it to happen next week.
http://www.therecord.com/news-story/3839422-so-close-yet-so-far-from-answers-in-bosma-murder-case/

I truly hope that some information comes out soon, perhaps at the court appearance August 1st, that will put an end to all the wild speculation and grand schemes of OC involvement. MOO

As it has been discussed here, if LE did not have enough evidence to move forward with the charges, the charges would be dropped and LE would be out there searching for someone else. MOO
Absolutely right Skatergirl, but I doubt much evidential information will be publicised before the trial. So I'm sure the wild speculation will continue relentlessly. The evidence that there is so far (circumstantial of course) is -
DM and MS arrived on foot at TB's house for a test drive
TB's burnt remains were discovered on or near a property owned by DM
TB's stolen vehicle was found on a driveway of a property owned by DM's mother
There was an incinerator located on DM's property

Well that's about it for info/evidence available to the public. I'm sure there will be plenty more circumstantial and forensic evidence offered up in court which will probably put the matter to bed. (MOO)

RIP Tim Bosma

As it has been discussed here, if LE did not have enough evidence to move forward with the charges, the charges would be dropped and LE would be out there searching for someone else. MO

IMO, LE should still be out searching for someone else regardless of DM & MS involvement. They were pretty confident earlier that TB's truck was followed as it left his home. Now they don't even know if a third person was driving the vehicle that followed. That doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member