General Discussion and Theories #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep up the good work ABro ... your articles on this case are some of the best out there

I hope it pays off for you .

We have a shortage of good investigative journalists in this country

Thank you

:cheers: Arnie!

:welcome6: ABro!
AND :tyou:

Hoping for Justice, you are right. The standard contract does indeed grant the photographer all the rights. (Funnily enough when Dellen Millard photographed Josie, he gave up his rights to Suicide Girls, which can now keep the Cockpit photos on its website forever and a day.)

Alethea Dice, you need to look at the sections of the law dealing with news.

CanSleuther, DM's romantic and family relationships are valid reporting material as they reveal information about his character, how he came to end up in this situation, and possible motives if he is found guilty. i continue to look for any and all information on his personal life and family history.

Arnie and Swedie, thanks.

DM's romantic and family relationships are valid reporting material as they reveal information about his character, how he came to end up in this situation, and possible motives if he is found guilty.

Since DM is only formally charged in one murder at the moment, is it safe to assume you are talking about the motive in relation to the TB case? Here on Websleuths the most commonly accepted motive is the same one that the police have alluded to from day one - the truck. If your investigations have uncovered other possible motives in TB's slaying - especially one that could involve members of DM's family or ex-girlfriends - it would completely change the latitude of the case as we know it. Keep us posted.

Welcome to Websleuths, ABro! Interesting first posts. Thank you.

:welcome5:

Welcome to ...ABRO...great posts IMO...and ...JMHO but I would think justice for Tim Bosma is what we are seeking here....IMO it is an awful tragedy that has hit ONT again...I, pray Sharlene Bosma gets the justice she rightfully deserves...IMO ...ONT is shocked that you place an AD in Kijji to sell your RAM truck and end up DEAD....!....Body burned ...imo that is such an indignity....amen...robynhood...I also personally wish our JUSTICE system could work quicker....again JMHO....robynhood.

It would be interesting to question both J and D and see what precipitated the termination of the wedding. Especially after the photo shoot and the $835,000 purchase of the "farm."

Obviously, something was an emphatic deal breaker.

Seems life became different for numerous people soon after 2011.....
Certainly wouldn't be the first time a Significant Emotional Event triggered suppressed deviant and antisocial behavior in a suspect.

ETA Welcome AB

Here on Websleuths the most commonly accepted motive is the same one that the police have alluded to from day one - the truck...

“I don’t know the motive for this,” Det. Sgt. Matt Kavanagh said Thursday.
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2..._man_was_killed_inside_truck_source_says.html

I believe what the police have said is that the truck was a target not that it was the motivation for the crime. The idea that this was "all for a truck" makes a neat soundbite, but it doesn't actually explain anything.

Is anyone actually thinking, "Yep, the truck's the motive. That makes perfect sense. No further questions from me."

Archangel7 points out above why a broken engagement is indeed relevant. I think police would be negligent if they didn't attempt to to question the ex-fiancee and just said, "Forget it. Why bother with her? She's so two years ago. They did it for the truck, after all."

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

“I don’t know the motive for this,” Det. Sgt. Matt Kavanagh said Thursday.
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2..._man_was_killed_inside_truck_source_says.html

I believe what the police have said is that the truck was a target not that it was the motivation for the crime. The idea that this was "all for a truck" makes a neat soundbite, but it doesn't actually explain motivation as the next obvious questions are "Who on earth would do such a thing for a truck and why?"

Is anyone actually thinking, "Yep, the truck's the motive. That makes perfect sense."

Archangel7 points out above why a broken engagement is indeed relevant. I think police would be negligent if they didn't attempt to to question the ex-fiancee and just said, "No need to talk to her. They did it for the truck, after all."

Thanks everyone for the welcome.
It sure would be boring around here if we didn't look past the "trucks" in the hundreds of cases discussed on WS. :)

It would be interesting to question both Jennifer and Dellen and see what precipitated the termination of the wedding. Especially after the photo shoot and the $835,000 purchase of the "farm."

Obviously, something was an emphatic deal breaker.

Seems life became different for numerous people soon after 2011.....
Certainly wouldn't be the first time a Significant Emotional Event triggered suppressed deviant and antisocial behavior in a suspect.

ETA Welcome AB
I agree, AA. It certainly would be interesting to know what actions preceded the breakup, and follow through from there looking for behavioral changes leading up to the summer and fall of 2012, and forward to May 5, 2013.

IMO again..I was not saying the only reason Mr. Bosma died was his truck....Le seemed to say they had no other contact /involvement before he placed the ad for the truck...there is a difference .. IMO......robynhood....and I do believe ...the courtroom will explain this thru ...LOTS of EVIDENCE gathered....

Hi MsS! I've been missing reading your informative and logical posts. Do you know why MS is in GP and DM is in segregation? Could it be because each chose where they prefer to be or could it be because MS may have already had a taste of prison in the past and can walk the walk and talk the talk?

IMHO I don't think the bail issue was ever considered by DP as he knows what the evidence is against his client and doesn't want to tread in that area.

Some lawyers know when to hold their tongues; it's called pride. :blushing: And that's JMOO.

Maybe he is in segregation because of his personality disorder. He can be easily influenced.

I think I may have caused some confusion with my "all for a truck" comment so I'd like to clear it up before taking off for the evening.

It is undeniable that the truck is a key element in this crime, but I don't think it was the motive. We may be getting into semantics here, but I make a distinction.

None of this is to suggest in any way that this killing was not random. I completely believe Sharlene Bosma's speech at the memorial service and see no reason to doubt early police statements that they had found no connections between the victim and the accused.

Am I the only one that finds it very strange that the ex-fiancé has left the country? Did she figure out what a psychopath DM was and feared for her own life. Who leaves the country after a broken engagement? Unless you are afraid of something. just my opinion.
Leaving the country after a broken engagement is the kind of stuff you read in romance novels. It's not real life.

Am I the only one that finds it very strange that the ex-fiancé has left the country? Did she figure out what a psychopath DM was and feared for her own life. Who leaves the country after a broken engagement? Unless you are afraid of something. just my opinion.
Leaving the country after a broken engagement is the kind of stuff you read in romance novels. It's not real life.

Her and DM broke up in the spring of 2011. She left the country in the summer of 2013. It doesn't seem as though the two events are connected, IMO.

Wow-things were so slow here and just as I'm off decking the halls there's action here on WS! Juballee, I've been trying to figure your statement out-tracking this back, I think I know who you're talking about, but I haven't been able to come across any MSM articles or interviews that make reference to this. I know you've probably posted it already, but there's so many threads, perhaps you could post it here to tie it in. It would be helpful :) JMHO

Also, perhaps someone could shed some light on the bi-monthly court dates. It seems that DM & MS's have a lot of court appearances-any idea why?

I remember that too. If I find the link, I'll post it.

I believe all the court dates are just procedural/administrative appearances. A lot could be done to eliminate these and make better use of court time in getting the cases through faster. There are some interesting articles here about the disaster of the Ontario criminal court system.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/06/09/courting-disaster-the-long-long-wait-for-justice-in-ontario/

In seconds, he pinpoints the first available trial date for Brian Dickson, accused in the high-profile “webcam slaying” of a York University student: April 2, 2013, nearly a year after last month’s court appearance and two years after the crime.

This set-date hearing is just one of about a dozen procedural appearances before Mr. Dickson’s case goes before a jury and that is by no means an unusual number in Ontario’s clogged justice system.

From part 3 of the series:

Another effort was made in 2007, when a company called Court Canada launched a pilot project that allowed lawyers to reserve hearings and view court schedules online. Citing a “runaway success,” the company expected to grow its service throughout the civil system, president Gregory Azeff said, but the province ultimately decided against expansion. Court Canada is now suing the province for $14-million, alleging it was misled, a claim that has yet to be tested in court.

In the years since, the province has failed to implement any comparable system, leaving Ontario’s court records system woefully outdated, Mr. Azeff noted.

“The technology is available, inexpensive, proven; there’s just no legitimate justification for taking this long… They’re a decade behind anyone else [and] the delays keep getting longer and longer and the costs keep mounting,” he said.

Also interesting to note that Ontario's record of guilty verdicts is the lowest in Canada, with only 55.6% of adult criminal court cases resulting in a guilty verdict.

If I may go off this latest topic here a bit and ask a question..
Why is the common thought that there is an endless bank account in the Millard family?

I don't get this..

JMO but what I see is a hangar that has produced no income for quite some time (and incurred expenses) , numerous properties that have mortgages that need to be paid, regular day to day expenses, and frivolous expenses to whatever extent you want to believe....The estate of DM's dad would have taken some time to settle out in the best of times..(I would guess 6-8 months but JMO)

I just do not believe that the "Millard fortune" is anywhere near the fortune that is thought in the public eye or ear.

As I said...JMO and welcome thoughts on this.

... numerous properties that have mortgages that need to be paid ...
<rsbm>

I can't recall which properties were in which name, but would hazard a guess that any mortgaged properties in WM's name would likely have had mortgage insurance on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member